LCD Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken(WN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know the particular differences between the LN and WN? I finished the WN completely long ago (I just didn't read the hot springs gaiden), but I am curious as to what the LN changed over the WN.

2. Kinghart

Kinghart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The LN vol 1 has gobuta's adventure story and more detail on Shizue's past when she was summoned
    I havent bought vol 2 so i'm not sure

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Wujigege likes this.
  3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info.

4. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I completely agree that it was rushed. I personally think they should have gone more into his childhood and the last episode of the season should have been the battle between the MCs group and the ant queen. I hate it when they condense multiple volumes into 1 season

5. Shade Serpent

Shade Serpent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, guys, be more careful when talking about anime here, since some people haven't watched them yet. Also, I'm curious how far the anime will go. Will it reach all the way to the final battle, or just stop when he builds tempest and becomes a demon lord.

6. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut, i think most people here already know the story...

We need to be careful in anime thread, not here

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Looking for the chapter when Veldora got Cut off from Rimuru and Rimuru got bat shit crazy angry.

8. Kinghart

Kinghart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well just got caught up to Guro’s translation and I’m still loving this series. I get the feeling that Ciel and Rimuru is similar to how Yuuki had that one skill even on earth. My theory is that Rimuru is velda that reincarnated and Ciel is Milim’s mother that reincarnated with Velda to be with him forever. Just my personal take on it

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Ciel may be Milim's mother (part of her stored in the skill), but we know who Rimuru was before this life, I don't think he was Veldanava, though it might explain why he had admin privileges when creating his "character" in that world.

11. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh snap, isn't that the same theory as the unknown guy who always comments in all caps in Guro's translation?

12. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t read the comment section because of that arse. He posts spoilers so I avoid looking at them.

I’m thinking it’s Velda’s soul just because it’d be very romantic if it was. Plus the series keeps foreshadowing that Rimuru is Velda’s soul.

Btw I do hope that Guro TLs the hot springs afterstory that way everything is wrapped up. Also I wonder how different the LN will be and if the author will go the whole giant war arc we are currently in or if the author will change the story completely.

13. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Rimuru is Satoru and nothing else.

Im more convinced that the current Yuuki is a piece of Velda that turned into a skill due to dying twice (dying as the human velda and dying again as Milims pet dragon). Seeing at how it doesnt take a toll on Yuuki's body while using that angel skill which Velda gave to the late emperor.

While Ciel is also a part of Milims mother which is the counterpart of Velda(skill).

Which brings us to seeing both Rimuru(Satoru) and Yuuki getting both Ciel and Velda as skills.

14. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude its 24 episodes. It will run from fall 2018 to winter 2019. So its 2seasons straight.

15. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about this novel. The MC is a slime, correct? Then how is this novel listed as a harem? By browsing this thread, I read that the MC can possess someone but Does that happen all the time? I'm trying to see why this novel has gained so much interest.

16. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that this novel is a proper harem. If we go by anime definition of harem then it's correct, somehow. I don't remember the MC is capable of possessing people tho

17. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC can't possess anyone. He has a humanoid form after absorbing a human body with his unique skill predator, but is still technically a genderless slime and has not shown any serious attraction in any of the numerous women that have shown interest in him.

18. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem is when MC has multiple love interest.
    "Interest" is the key word here. If it ends up with no sex, the novel can still be called a harem since the interest is still there.

Also what is not to love about this novel? It's one of the higher end power fantasy around NU.
    Rimuru is really OP especially due to his 2 main abilities. If we are to compete Rimuru with any random OP characters from another series, Rimuru can hold his own against the like of Ainz, Goku, Satou Pendragon and so forth. And as long as he keeps himself alive and fights more people, he's only going to get stronger and stronger. (I'm interested how it would pan out for a Rimuru vs One Punch Man)

In the meantime, it's a pretty fun and chill story about a nice guy being a nice slime in a new world. That's the general feeling of people who reviewed the anime too = "It is fun and enjoyable".

19. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! That clears things up a bit. I'll check it out.

20. konrad2

konrad2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well if would get skill like physical atack immunity or some form which is immue for them then he should win .