LCD Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken(WN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Feb 22, 2016.

1. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just wait for the anime to come out this October to get my hype meter up again. In the meantime, I won't be reading this novel anytime soon. (Since Mar 2017)

Btw this novel has been called Slime Tensei a few times from 2-3 readers and I liked calling it that since alot of 'Tensei Shitara' title back then. I found that there is a novel called Slime Tensei Monogatari just today, which explains stuff. Guess I can't call it Slime Tensei no more. I do love calling it Slime Tensei though. :blobReach:

Kinghart likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I will work towards completing this novel next month. I might get up to ten chapters out this month. So more than the ceiling of 8 planned.
    This does not include the side stories though. There are about 47 chapters that make up the side stories. Maybe I will do a poll to see if anyone is looking forward to the side stories getting translated.
    Cheers!

3. Kinghart

Kinghart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guro also made money just fyi. I remembered he asked for donation for buying laptop and phone (well he didnt force but he said the release of chapter would be slow) . Also, there is donation button there in his site.
    I find it normal for making money, after all we all need it.

I call it ten-shura, according to the anime PV

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

Slave driver...:p

I love the side stories, I've heard great things about it. :D

juniorjawz and Wujigege like this.
  5. Temperans

Temperans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw asking for donations =/= having multiple pages to get ad revenue. So don't even compare them.

In anyway the problem the people had was that no one asked, said, or infered that someone else would TL Tensei Slime. Specially when: 1, Guro has had this pace for about a year; 2, Circus and Guro by extension where given direct approval by the author; and 3, everyone else that TLed asked to TL or to help with no problem.

Difference btw Guro & AH:
    • Guro while slow was giving free chapter using a nice format with no extra clicking and no ads anywhere on the site. (donation box doesn't count)
    • Asian Hobbyist uses a meh format (skipping every other line), has multiple pages, and each page has ads (~2 per page).

uziex91 and OxySempra like this.
  6. Temperans

Reading List:
    Link
    Im surprised from reading the chapters they all keep getting more and more powers that we previously didn't know. And, im not quite sure why, maybe the author railroaded himself into making rocket tag by mistake? I did hear the LN handles them better.

7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, the power scale in the wn is broken. Maybe that's why the ending feels a bit rushed and leaves a feeling of "oh, okay."

juniorjawz likes this.
  8. Kinghart

Kinghart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 2 things you are wrong about this:
    1. I dont compare them. I just tell the straight fact that Guro also made money which one person said he didn't
    2. donation can get you more money than ad revenue. For ads, visitors need to click the ad for the website owner to get paid, but as you know visitors often dont care, some peeps even install ad-block. Asking for donation is easier than relying on ads.
    Also Guro host in free website hosting "blogspot", he doesnt have to worry about it while AH has hid own domain, and most if not all websites have the ads to maintain the payment. In the end, both sides need money and it's not a BAD thing.

There are albeit few. You can check comments in Guro sites, there are 1-2 people askif any other TL can take over (which some ppl comment them being "ungrateful leecher")
    As far as I know, only Circus TL that asked the author if she could TL the wn into English or not. Guro joined to TL after chapter 13 TLed by Circus. Then Yuki (i think that's the name), smoggy, lionmask, anon and sushi joined too.
    Btw, Lion started to TL in paste.bin because Guro slowed down in TL.

1. No extra clicking and ads is good point. I agree wit you but i do understand why AH has ads on his site.
    Guro format is also good but i find the letters too small.
    2.there is no correct way of good format in literature. You might dislike AH style but it isnt a minus point. Everyone has his/her own styles. For example, tensei slime contains over 6k words while others contain only 2k words(like shikaku mon) . Some TL break down one chapter into several parts (like the new gate) while others don't.

I sides neither guro nor AH as I have finished reading the raw. Reading JP is easy

9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the good, dispassionate critique.

The only real question I have is how's the proofreading and editing?

Has anyone noticed glaring syntax errors?

Does it read well?

:D

My viewpoint is that as the series has been over for YEARS, I wanted full translations to enjoy, especially after stories, so any translations are welcome. Estimated completion for Guro's was several years, and I have no intention to wait that long on a series already completed in Japan.

I doubt if I'm alone on my...longing at the remaining chapters. I'm happy with new chapters. :p

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. Temperans

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really side with any I just wanted people to have a clear view of the differences. On the donation vs ads, I was referencing the fact that each model has different pros/cons and can't exactly be compared (except in a monetary way but thats not the point). For one, Donation buttons take less space of the chapter and often time you have to look for it, while ads are in your face.
    The point is not that they don't make money its about the format and how intrusive they are.

The way I understood it Circus asked to translate and got permission. Then later others started to help with translations to move faster, eventually Circus stopped and so did Lion and then only Guro and Sushi remained (from what I remember).

Finally, you are right that its a matter of preference. That part was a bit biased on my side but its a matter of simply how much I dislike that type of format. I find it (in my very personal opinion) to be one of the ugliest styles reserved only for rough drafts for school and for title pages where it means pressing enter less. But, I will read cause I need more Tensei Slime.

11. Kinghart

Kinghart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since TLs are usually people who do it for fun, as a hobby or for learning JP, i find it normal for them to have grammar errors. The same for editors and proofreaders. Well, i believe our brain will auto correct any mistakes we find.
    I understand about your preference, ads can be annoying, especially pop-ups kinds.

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not necessarily true, I've been to sites where the ads were only sidebar, and banner ads can be restricted to the top of or end of the actual chapter.
    I prefer pop-ups, you can block those, and even just close them before they load anything. The really nasty ones are the auto-refresh ones, and the video ads on novel pages, because even blocked, they keep accumulating bandwidth and memory, until my browser crashes. I will look up at my adblock icon, and see over a thousand connections on the page....

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I didn't make it clear. Please check the credits on the new posted chapters.

I'm the proofreader. :D

So as this is the LCD, I'm interested if anyone spotted pretty awful grammar errors. :p

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Two more chapters this coming week. I might be able to get at least 11 out this month.
    Cheers!

promfret likes this.
  15. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See. Even Guro knows how to move his ass and "do whatever he wants to do". I'm being sarcastic but I still like it when he finally moves his lazy, unmotivated & buzy ass.

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

That didn't sound like a compliment...:p

17. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F*ck! I came here after a while, looking for some interesting chapter discussion....I mean the actual chapter contents! But all I get is arguments on wuji vs guro! Alright, I understand (sort of) how it came to. Everyone has a say on this translation problem afterall. But please....can't we have a peaceful "LCD" here? About the actual content? (not that chapter discussion would always be peaceful lol, but still) :blobjoy:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  18. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I refuse to read Wuji after finding out all the horrid stuff he’s doing. Guro actually has permission to TL this series so I’ll stick with him. Not cool Wuji to poach other people’s series they’re TLing

Missingnoleader likes this.
  19. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Also very happy Guro is back. Hopefully he’ll get a few chapters out while he’s on break

20. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many people letting their biases sour the translation, both sites have a similar level of quality, though Wuji has a team to speed the releases. If you have problems with either translator, leave it there, we don't need to hear it.

blaze27 and uziex91 like this.