That moment when you realize how dense you are when it comes to yorself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ars Nova, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Textwall Warning]

So, basically just say that I have a friend living next door. He's so dense, yet he has a girlfriend, which is a pretty close friend of mine too since we hang out in the same group (everytime her girlfriend gave him some codes he rarely notices, and I just want to slap him everytime that happens).

So just now, for some reason she sat down to have a dinner with me and asked "hey, do you have something that you want?" and I said "hmm... Now there's not really any... Or rather I want a new laptop" so I said. She grimaced a little, which I didn't understand why and then continues the conversation. It kinda ended up as "what guys would like" conversation. I ended up saying something like, "guys usually doesn't really care what they get, but probably small stuffs is better since clothing and accessories isn't really a good present for guys".

So I thought that she just want to give a present to my roommate. Then I offered her, "ah, if not I'll ask him when I go back to my room, don't worry I'll keep it a secret". Then she suddenly got kinda angry, stands up and starts to leave. And then I basically said, "eh, did I say something wrong? I'm sorry" and then she turns back and said this with a sour face "you should have not said that, I meant it for you". Then she left.

It took me a good goddamn minute to actually realize what she said.

Lately, she has been kind of nice and really friendly to me. At first I wondered too, why did she did that, but I shrugged it off by thinking that she just want to know me closer, since I'm her boyfriend's next door neighbor, plus I'm basically in the same group of people as her, even though I'm kind of distant with her.

But, lately it has been going way too odd, like asking to sit together in the bus, eating together, really close-personal talk, and other stuffs, which is code-worthy. And before I forgot this is Japan where you usually did that with your partner, not normal friends.

And this thought crossed. Wait, is she trying to hit on me? Is she actually, and i didn't even notice it? I mean, if she did, it explains every single thing. And it explains why she asked "what thing do I want" rather than "what thing do boys usually want" at the start. Plus you don't simply give a guy, who's a friend and a next door neighbor of the person you're dating, a thing.

And so, I basically spent the next 5 minutes in agony realizing how dense I am about myself. And spent the next other 15 minutes thinking, am I just thinking too much or did she really just try to hit on his BF's friend.

I'm not a fan of taking someone's girl, especially a friend's, so what should I do now :blobastonished:

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You just missed a chance to get a free laptop. Lol. download (2).jpeg

3. GrimReeFer

GrimReeFer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    distance yourself... unless you have no morals, then just fuck her.

4. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Jorg_vzla91

Jorg_vzla91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is something in the air that turn men dense in Japan?

Well I don't know what you should do but regarless I will follow this thread.

6. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just sit down with this girl and have a proper talk, don't beat around the bush and get to the heart of it.

The main question to ask yourself, does yourself want more from this relationship.

7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpopcorn:
    So a triangle drama in rl or the girl just want to find someone new,which is you cause reasons,?:blobneutral: But hey, if you are in Japan, then I think we understand. Denseness in Anime/Manga/Novel is contagious and can be spread in rl. It isn't your fault, blame the 1st guy that invented the "dense" troupe in anime, which spread to rl.
    :blobneutral::hmm::blobconfused:
    If your BF's GF is beautiful, then forget all reason, since she made the 1st move, just go for it.

8. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the radiation, man

TheNewGuy, Hyoketsu, koddychi and 4 others like this.
  9. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooooo.. Stay away..

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  10. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you are dense, but Japan is way to round about in the way they communicate that makes difficult to read others intention.

Though if you really want to take someone elses girlfriend just give her a box of chocolate with a sorry note inside and say maybe we can talk later.

Ars Nova likes this.
  11. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the tag....

Jorg_vzla91 and strayCat0 like this.
  12. crowalternate

crowalternate <<<Just a Background Character>>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Its isn't normal? I mean not getting what she's trying to say cus in ur mind that girl has already got someone. I think it's normal being dense that time.

Aoenstar and Jorg_vzla91 like this.
  13. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    hello kamerad! I'm quite a dense person too when it comes to myself :blobjoy::blobjoy:

hello kamerad! I'm quite a dense person too when it comes to myself :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
    Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  14. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what I get from what you were saying is: you kinda like your close friend's girlfriend and that's why you're confused on what to do?
    I mean, if you really not into her, you would refuse her even if she made a move on you, right?
    Well, if you actually like her, tell her that she has to break up with her bf first before coming on to you. Then wait for a while, at least 1-2 months before dating her. Just so you don't become her kept man and not seen as a jerk by your close friend (eh well he probably still will see you as a backstabbing jerk).

You know what? Don't do it. Not worth the drama and cost your close friend.

Ars Nova and Jorg_vzla91 like this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Err, I don't think it is good that you go and get your buddy's girl. For a more logical reason on my side, because I just witness drama in my neighbors' again, thjnk of why the girl is trying to hit on you.

a. She is trying to break up/move on from her current BF and you seem to be the cloest target to latch on.
    Ans: please go talk to her and have a simple session with the 3 of you plus a neutral figure of authority to talk about it.

b. She is trying to pull the jealous BF shit by using you as a scapegoat.
    Ans: In this case please check thrice before accusing. If she is not as bad and just want to do part a, please follow ans A. If otherwise however, please advise to seek someone other than me for advice.

Ars Nova likes this.
  16. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    What i should say: "Bro, have a nice talk with her, be honest about the situation and don't go the NTR route"
    What i think about this: "OMG such a dense *****fucker, go for it! At best you lose a neighbor friend"

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary please, because real life problems and relationships with details mentally hurt me~

18. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    *chants explosion spell*

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  19. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    In your country things go that way? Here you simply talk to her to not try to cheat on BF for whatever reason (or if you're an ass you fuck her)

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  20. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Either she really wants to befriend you for some reason, or their relationship isn't going too well for some reason and she's either trying to use you to 'motivate' or activate him or as a possible new boyfriend material after they break up

My answer would be to get your friend seriously drunk and then ask him about their relationship. Being drunk means he'll be more honest, more vocal and likely to forget about it when he wakes up, so you can brush off any questions of why you wanted to know that by saying 'You sure you remember correctly?'

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.