Spoiler The Abandoned Empress 버림 받은 황비-Webtoon update only

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by samira01, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it's weird if a whole season includes only side stories but there is a volume 4 of the physical version with a different cover so I don't think it will end with the main story part...although if the author is really fed up with it, continuing would be even worse.:blobpensive:

samira01 and Celebrianna like this.
  2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    The author of the novel and the manhwa script writer is different, correct? Either way, I think it’s very unprofessional for an artist to even convey that they are tired of a story they are publishing. Keep that attitude under wraps. Also, does this mean that they didn’t even have a plan that lays out how they intend to complete the work? That’s pretty sad if that’s the implication. I mean, these people don’t even have anything on manga artists who spend years upon years on a story.

I don’t think they need to do a volume 4 if this is the case but they should at least incorporate some of Tia’s married life in the end because binge reading the story really shows a lot more of Tia’s fears of the future so I think it’s equally important to show that she’s at peace, not through hoping but in actuality. In other words, we actually see her happily married and her husband did not disappoint her.

samira01 and ditka623 like this.
  3. ditka623

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you 100%!
    Yes, the authors are different and they must have discussed the outlines. I mean doing an adaptation is not that easy that one person simply decides to do it in the way he/she has imagined, a collaboration is necessary and definetily unavoidable.
    Anyway, I want to believe that this fast pacing is intentional (even if it's irritating) and there will be a season 4 to give the story a worthy ending. Fingers crossed ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Celebrianna So about the Twitter post, someone in my group managed to take a look at the comment under that post when it just came out. The author of “ Truthfully, they only remember her” congratulate iNa with a pretty clear implication that the post is clearly about TAE. Not only did iNa wrote “ freedom” , she also include a happy dancing emojis to the post too. I mean one look at her post and you can just see how relieved she is that TAE is almost over
    I don’t know if you know this, but iNa and Yuna are not friends anymore. They used to follow to each other on Twitter and even make perfume for each other, but ever since iNa change the webtoon storyline, Yuna didn’t follow her anymore. They didn’t outright said that they have a disagreement but fans can see that Yuna is not happy with the changes that iNa did to TAE. With that said, I believe the fast pacing is just iNa’s way of wanting to finish TAE as soon as possible.

samira01 and ditka623 like this.
  5. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @CollegeSuck , but even if the author and manhwa writer disagreed and fell out, at least the manhwa writer should still give their best effort to complete the story in the spirit of the novel. Anything short of that is unprofessional and even alluding to a fallout is immature. Gosh, just so sorry for all the negativity that surrounds this work both from derailed discussion threads right up to the artists. The concept itself is interesting because it deals with the way people can change themselves and their future depending upon their decision to take the right or left path, to put it simply.

samira01, CollegeSuck and ditka623 like this.
  6. ditka623

Reading List:
    Link
    Well "freedom" could also mean a break before season 4. If not, then it's really sad :(

samira01 likes this.
  7. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I 100% agree with you on this. What iNa did was unprofessional in many way because she basically implied that she view TAE as a burden that she is happy to be free from. But that Twitter post said it all, she is so freaking done with TAE and now rushing to finish the webtoon.
    She post that on February 4th of this year, so yeah, she means the end of TAE is near.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    samira01 likes this.
  8. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @CollegeSuck , well, I hope other novel artists will think twice before giving their novels to her. I don’t understand what kind of attitude is that for individuals who call themselves professionals. I just binged read this manhwa in the last two weeks because it always show up in my Tappytoon browsing. I stayed away because of the negative exposure I heard on the sidelines but finally decided to give it a try for myself. I really didn’t get the outrage over the story when the way I see it is that the Ruve is the second timeline was basically continuously rejected because of the sins of the Ruve in the first timeline. It’s somewhat understandable that Tia continually rejected him but objectively, he didn’t even do those things that first timeline Ruve did.

In conclusion, it’s always better to make a decision for oneself when deciding to read a story and judging it for oneself.

samira01, Johnwill12 and ditka623 like this.
  9. lousybanana

lousybanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, they’re really speeding along! I guess they’re trying to finish? Though I’m glad they’re finally getting their happy ending! Thank you @samira01 !!

samira01, Johnwill12 and Celebrianna like this.
  10. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, today’s chapter covered quite a bit. Tia talked with Jieun and then talked with Ruve about the first timeline. I loved the way she rushed into his arms after talking to Jieun about the past. I also liked that she thanked him for not giving up on her even when she rejected him repeatedly.

I honestly think that Tia fell for Ruve again because she’s naturally attracted to him and so her heart followed. There is no other explanation for it considering she really fought hard to not to give in to him because of her past trauma. Sure, he’s different to the Ruve from the first timeline and she realizes it with her head but she also realizes with her head that the past was real. He also worked hard to win her over but I ultimately think she fell for him because she’s attracted to him. It’s the reason why most people do not necessarily marry the nicest guy they know among their male friends or acquaintances.

@samira01 , I’m looking forward to your summary of the latest chapter.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  11. Johnwill12

Johnwill12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think it was just attraction alone, I think that she just happened to fall in love with him. Sometimes there is no clean cut answer when it comes to love. Ruve wasn’t entirely of right mind in the 1st timeline, he was under the influence of the poison that Duke Zena was giving him. Plus Duke Zena took advantage of Ruve’s need for affection, and manipulated him. Both Tia and Ruve were deprived of affection by their fathers, which made it hard for either of them to express their true feelings for each other. I think what Tia is seeing in this timeline is the ‘true’ Ruve, the one who has always loved her deeply. Tia is the only good thing in Ruve’s life, they really need each other. Ruve is becoming more affectionate thanks to Tia, I hope that her father will come to realize that.

12. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @Johnwill12 , Tia received lots of love in this second timeline. She gained many friends and relationships. Then why choose Ruve again when she’s so traumatized by the abandonment of the Ruve of the first timeline. She saw he was different so that should have at least put him on the same level or a bit below the other potential spouses in her life. She swore off love. She rejected him many times. Other people did nice things for her but she never seemed to be moved in a romantic light.

However, unlike what others did, I noticed that whatever Ruve did affected her in a potential romantic light particularly as the years somewhat softened her fear of Ruve himself and of course she noticed his changes. Yet, how else can we make sense of the fact that he still ended up moving her “dead” heart as they spent more time together here and there? To me, from experience, that answer has to be her attraction to him that naturally made her heart fall for him again and not just because he does nice things for her when others do them as well.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    lousybanana, samira01 and ditka623 like this.
  13. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s an excellent point, she probably was and is still attracted to him. Although the last comment about most people not marrying the nicest guy, might not be entirely accurate. There are a lot of nice guys who are reasonably handsome who girls end up marrying, I know quite a few, including my brother who’s nice to his wife. Also, Ruve really is a nice guy deep down, it’s just that in the 1st timeline since he was denied affection by his father, it made it hard for him to show love to anyone. I can guarantee that from this point onward Ruve will be a very loving and affectionate guy towards Tia and their 3 children. They will have 2 girls, and a boy named Adrian.

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @Johnwill12 , when I say the nicest guy, I don’t mean that a woman or man doesn’t marry a nice person. What I’m trying to say is that a person might love suitor 1 over suitor 2 because it’s their taste and not necessarily because suitor 1 is nicer than suitor 2 though that doesn’t mean suitor 1 isn’t nice. Sometimes I think that’s what writers try to portray when a second lead is nicer than a first lead in, say, Korean drama shows yet the lead chooses the first lead. People have different tastes and fall in love for different reasons about the person. Like not every person will make your heart skip a beat. Something like that. Heh.

It’s the reason why I don’t really force my preferences on an OTP in a story. I don’t like the OTP in True Beauty webtoon and several others and even in the very popular Boys over Flowers manga but I simply just move on from those stories. I don’t rant about it because I like to think this is the female lead’s choice. It’s the person that moved her heart, which I respect even if I don’t like the pairing.

ITA that Ruve is a nice guy. I like him the best followed by Carsein. Carsein’s drawback is he’s too rough for my taste. Manners is very important to me. lol But I do like his brother slightly more than him. Besides all that, I like Ruve’s attitude especially in the latter years of the current story. I like that no matter how many times he’s rejected he endures it all and maintains the right attitude. And I already know that he will truly love Tia wholeheartedly throughout their marriage, neither looking to the left or right but straight at her.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    samira01 and Johnwill12 like this.
  15. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s true, people have different tastes, and their own reasons for falling for a certain someone, and the circumstances may vary. I’m relieved that Beatrice and the baby are fine. I’m really glad that Ruve allowed Beatrice and her Knight and lover Feathen to live together in the Empire. Beatrice is much better off here than her own kingdom, wouldn’t you agree? I just hope that the kingdom of Lia will be punished in some way since it was the 3rd Prince of Lia who assaulted Beatrice. I hope that Beatrice and Feathen will have a happy life together.

I agree with you about Carsein, he’s more like an older brother to Tia who gets on her nerves from time to time. Carsein’s brother Kassian is the more refined one of the two, and I loved how he proposed to Princess Princia in public. Do you think that the kingdom of Rua (Princia’s home) is fine with her marrying Kassian? I mean Kassian’s from a Ducal family, and the marriage helps strengthen the alliance with Rua, so there’s no problem right? Plus they love each other very much, and we got to meet their newborn son, awww. Carsein ends up married to Enteya, and those two suit each other perfectly, since they both can get temperamental at times. Carsein and Enteya will have a son named Gradis.

Carsein and Kassian’s mother, Duchess Rass must feel fortunate to be married to a good guy Duke Grass, and to have two wonderful sons. Plus she will have two daughter in laws, and two grandsons, how great is that? I hope that she will get along well with Princia and Enteya. In spite of not ending up with the first guy she loved, Tia’s father, she has had a happy life don’t you think?

16. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually like Enteya a lot. I love that she’s a business woman and she seems like a strong woman. I actually don’t think that Carsein loses in marrying her. Thinking about it, she’s more my type of woman than Tia. I hope Carsein fell for her because she deserves it. I know to some extent not everyone in that era would marry for love though but rather because a match is good. However, considering Carsein’s temperament, he probably fell for her.

Oh, I think Principia met a good match. There’s nothing wrong in marrying a Duke. Kaysian will be the future duke and have the highest status after the royal family. I think Principia had many sisters so she has a fortunate match in Kaysian. The bonus is she actually fell for Kaysian too. I love that it’s very realistic that she already had a baby shortly after marriage considering that people probably didn’t use contraceptives much in those times. Well, the same thing happened to Tia too because she was pregnant within six months after marriage. She had her first kid at a young age, maybe 18 years old and the twins at 26 years or so.

I like Beatrice and her knight. I’m looking forward the new chapter this week on Tappytoon because it will cover the repercussion on the attack on Beatrice. I’m glad she didn’t lose her baby.

Regarding the royal princess or Ruve’s aunt, perhaps she was in an arranged marriage with Tia’s dad. If the dad really had loved her, I don’t think he would have fallen for Jeremiah. Was it actually mentioned that she loved Tia’s dad? I know they were engaged but I know most royals understand that love is a luxury for them when a political marriage is normally the most likely outcome for them. To me the aunt seems satisfied with her life. I like Carsein’s dad. I don’t think she lost anything by marrying him. He seems like a fun guy and totally adores her.

I wonder about Ilya. Does she has to live the rest of her life as a widow after her husband Alexis passed away? That’s pretty sad. She’s so young.

17. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    On the last point about Ilya, I really do feel sorry for her after she lost her husband Alexis. I sincerely hope that she will find herself a really nice guy to marry, and who will shower her with love and affection. Finding love again may help Ilya overcome some of her grief over losing Alexis, I’m sure that Alexis would want her to be happy, don’t you? I hope that the epilogue will tell us that she remarried and will have a happy life, and even have children of her own. I don’t know she will be mentioned in the epilogue, I only stated my personal hopes for her, I wish her all the best.

Hopefully the epilogue will show Beatrice and her husband with their baby. What rank does Beatrice currently hold, is she still technically a Princess? I know that her Knight and lover has been given the rank of Baron, does that mean that she has been reduced in rank to that of a Baroness? I’m glad that Beatrice ended up with the man she loves, and who also loves her deeply. She’s probably happier than she’s ever been in her entire life, wouldn’t you agree?

Was having those memories of the 1st timeline what enabled Tia to change herself and to express her feelings more openly? I wonder, what if Ruve had also been reincarnated as Tia was ( Ruve: age 12), I wonder how he would’ve acted knowing what had happened in his previous life? He probably would’ve tried to be a little more affectionate towards Tia even sooner, wouldn’t you say? When you consider how cold his father and everyone in the palace was towards Ruve, it’s understandable that he became cold as well. That and the fact that everyone kept showering Tia with praise, but they always denied him praise and affection.

Whereas Ruve will be an affectionate father towards his and Tia’s own children, and they grow up fine, their son Adrian would become the greatest Emperor of all. That’s proof enough that the Emperor’s method of raising Ruve without any love was unhealthy, and wrong. The Emperor indirectly brought upon the the tragic events in the 1st timeline, so what does that say about him as a father? Hopefully Ruve and Tia will set a precedent for how Imperial couples should properly raise their children with affection, so that the Emperor’s mistakes as a parent won’t be repeated.

18. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding Ilya, the problem is, she’s now a part of the green haired family. I can’t remember their family name. So, does it mean that she has to stay a member of that family or can she go back home to her family? It would be awkward for the green haired family to look for a suitable marriage for her. I can only see her family doing this. I think her future depends on this factor, the family she belongs to after being widowed.

Actually, when I think of the way the green haired father wanted Tia to marry his eldest sickly son, I’m glad it didn’t work out that way especially because he was using underhanded tactics. That family, except for Alexis, makes me uneasy. I don’t like two-faced people because then I would never be able to let my guard down in their company. However, these type of people have their place in certain professions. I will admit that much. I did like the extra comic where it showed how the green haired father got married to the mom but two-faced scheming people are unnerving to me.

Beatrice is a baroness. She’s probably happy to be one too. I mean, life in the palace is usually so cold and deadly at least when it comes to succession and marrying off princesses. I’m very sure Beatrice appreciates her life. She could have ended up married to some old king of another country. Instead she got to marry the man she loved even if she went about it in a disgraceful way in the eyes of the nobility.

Well, if Ruve from the first timeline was reincarnated, who knows if he would have wanted to hook up with Tia. He never thought she loved him, right? He probably would have been more about preparing against Duke Zenna and politics after what they did to him in the end. I don’t know how his relationship with his father would have gone either since the father was determined to not show him any love.

Regarding 2nd timeline Ruve as a father, I’m glad to see he’s affectionate with all three kids. He said the four of them (includes Tia) are his most precious people in the world. He lives grateful to Tia for allowing him to live as a man rather than only an emperor. I honestly never understood why emperors feel that they can’t love their kids in order to make them strong. It’s very ridiculous to me. I think a leader should teach his son how to be a leader. Just like a parent should train a child in the way they should grow. They don’t have to withhold love. They should be able to show love and still rebuke and punish their kids. All of that is part of training as they grow.

However, it’s surprisingly funny to me that at least Ruve was raised by his father because I do watch a lot of Korean and Chinese historical drama shows and emperors usually don’t raise their kids. They also have a lot of kids and allow their sons to fight each other over succession. Heck, some emperors even kill their own sons if they feel the son is a threat to their throne (like if the son is more loved by the people and officials). So, technically, I think this emperor is not as cold hearted as most of those lion-like scary emperors I see in tv shows. lol

Lilyworld, Johnwill12 and samira01 like this.
  19. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of how much the poison affected Ruve’s mind in the 1st timeline. The priest told us how the poison can cause a male to have severe mood swings, making that person prone to violent behavior. I know that Ruve felt resentment towards Tia at that time. The poison probably amplified his feelings of resentment to much higher levels than they would’ve been otherwise. Was Ruve completely under the control of the poison when he behaved in a violent manner? In this timeline Ruve told Tia that the one she sees right now is the real Ruve, the one who yearns to love and be loved. Would it be fair to say that the Ruve in the 1st timeline wasn’t the true Ruve, I mean he was under the influence of the poison correct?

It didn’t surprise me that Ruve was cold, his father was the same towards him. He was raised to never show any emotion or any weakness, and that included love. Seeing everyone give all the attention and praise to Tia, but not even a single word of affection to him, it’s no wonder that he was all screwed up inside. He must have felt like he was nothing more than a pawn, and that he didn’t matter. What’s sad is that is exactly what he was in the 1st timeline, a pawn in the hands of Duke Zena. Actually both Ruve and Tia were poisoned by Duke Zena. Both of them were different people in the 1st timeline, Tia also didn’t show her feelings to others. Yes she did love Ruve but only at a distance, she never told him herself.

If Tia could somehow project her memories of the 1st timeline into Ruve’s (current one) mind, how would he feel about himself seeing what he was like in that timeline? I imagine that he would be horrified at his actions, and deeply remorseful at the same time. Tia finally tells Ruve what happened in the first timeline in chapter 143, I can’t wait to see the translation. After seeing what Ruve was like in the early chapters there are many who have commented that Ruve doesn’t deserve Tia, what are your thoughts? I’m sure that Ruve worries that Tia will only see him for what he was like in the 1st timeline rather than who he is now. How will Ruve help Tia to move past all of that pain from their past life?

Lilyworld likes this.
  20. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of Ruve in the first timeline as a different person to the Ruve of the second timeline. For example, there’s a Korean drama show released last year called Train and the protagonist, a police officer, stumbled upon a train that would take him to a different timeline while investigating a case. Guess what? When he got to the second timeline/dimension, he was also a police officer there but a real jerk and he was very hostile to the protagonist version of himself. He was also a drug addict and a corrupt cop on the second timeline. His father was accused of murder in both timelines but, if my memory is correct, it shows that the reason why they became different is because of his action to give the daughter of the murdered man an umbrella versus not giving it to her. Due to the difference in this action, one version of the protagonist lived as the son of a murderer and the other didn’t live as the son of a murderer. Even the daughter of the murdered man was different in the second timeline because of the difference in the events surrounding her father’s murder. The point is, when the circumstances were different, the protagonist and the people he knew in both timelines behaved differently. He even went to a third timeline/dimension and his self there was still a cop, but was more successful and elevated. That shows that the circumstance shaped the individual and made them different even though similarities still existed in all three iterations of the protagonist such as the fact that he was a cop in all three timelines.

This is the way I think of Ruve in the first timeline and Ruve in the second timeline. I can never agree to 2nd timeline Ruve seeing the memories of 1st timeline Ruve. They’re different people. Perhaps Ruve in the second timeline was indeed changed after seeing the letter of why Tia feared him but if we think about it, he could have also ignored it and continue going his way. The fact that the content of the letter horrified him shows very much that he has a healthy sense of wrong and right which I can’t say for everybody. If he was so bad, that letter wouldn’t have upset him to the degree it did.

I also don’t care about people’s opinions who talk about who deserve love versus who does not. I mean, isn’t up to the individual to love who they want? I think it’s sufficient for 2nd timeline Ruve to know what 1st timeline Ruve did to Tia. He experienced how much Tia rejected him and always thought she was comparing him to someone else. After that hard won trust from her, I’m sure he will never forget how much it hurt his heart to endure all that. I’m sure too that as someone who never received love from anybody at all, he probably understands better than anyone else the happiness of being loved. Also, I find it funny how Adrian is said to be a cold-hearted son at just 5 years old. lol Ruve and Tia noticed that he was observed that way in the eyes of others but they themselves loved him the way he is.