Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the question is: where does this feeling come from? She had no reason to love him in both timelines and she decided to get back with him before he did anything actually worthy. The vow for exemple was after she agreed to marry him... while supposedly infertile meaning he will have to take a concubine. She even accepted to get back with him before learning what happened in the First timeline from Ji-eun. This is what is making this story disturbing, empty and shallow. You can't make your heroine have debilitating PTSD and endure such brutal abuse only to have her magically overcome it enougt to start pinning for her past abuser AND make her have the more character developpement (and take the more actions) of the two (in fact rewritting of personality) to suit the tastes of said past abuser.

For the feelings, how can you justify she has them? In the First timeline he started humiliating her and neglecting her as a child and then abused her. They didn't even eat together more than two times. And the second timeline rely on the fact that she is STILL in love with him. You can't say that they are fated because her new name literaly say that she will not be bounded by God's will anymore... What a mess.

Anyway, done with this story. I will not use anymore of my time to debate on it. I am starting to forget the details too so...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  2. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many of us here don't think so because of this;
    We may never change the ending but many of us here agree that the ending is indeed disturbing when the MC ended up with the ugly flat foot prince rather than a reasonable partner like Carsein.

Uhteen and Taruna like this.
  3. Lourie

Lourie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's your personal opinion, and I respect it. People can see different sides of the same story, after all.

I still stand by my opinions though, which I already explained in great detail in my previous comments.

4. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone like allendis even if he is bad , I like him so much ^^ i mean he is not that bad right?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    aristialamonic likes this.
  5. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    allen was obsessive of her. at first he was just curious abt her. he wanted tia to become obsessed with him but the more he spent time with her the more he wanted tia to himself. eventually he became obsessed with tia to the point where he wanted to isolate her from others. when tia mustered all the courage she had to tell him about her past [he was the first one to listen even before her father] he didn't believe her and blatantly told her that it was just a nightmare[ I don't really remember. its been a long time] another reason for him refusing to believe her was that he expected tia to tell him that she wanted to inherit her father's title and become a knight. [ casein already knew about her wanting to inherit the title. he was about to blab to allen but stopped without completing his sentence because tia had requested him not to tell anyone. this made allen more curious] he didn't realise that she was telling him an even more important thing that is of her past [tbh compared to the title thing revealing this meant more to her]

I don't really like allen that much

6. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Allendis is so nice , in se one and two , but then he changes a lot , but he still loves Tia even it if its too much obbsesion is not a bad thing you know . a would have been such a better choice the the prince .

7. Lugiia

Lugiia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was kind of confused after reading the novel in english... Can someone help me with this please? :( i read vol 1 on kakao, and then after i saw someone did 367 chapters in english, i decided to read but chapter 365 in english, was chapter 30 in kakao and the end of v1 there.... So... The novel ended in english? Paused? They have another version of the novel different from the one in kakao? .-. im really confused here u.u :(:(

8. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
    he is a better choice than the CP but not the best choice

Taruna likes this.
  9. shelldon

shelldon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to jieun we have same thoughts.

10. shelldon

shelldon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you will read novel at webnovel or wuxia or in any site it ended at chap 367. In those trsnslated novel, some fans at wandering willow in discord says povs were put randomly to where it should be.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  11. Aria23

Aria23 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that he wanted to keep Tia to himself right? That itself makes him the worst choice since obsession isn't a good thing in anyway.
    It can lead to abuse.

12. Aria23

Aria23 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruveliss is hardly ugly but okay.

13. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know a fanfic of TAE with casein as the lead??

14. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not talking about his appearance but okay.

Taruna likes this.
  15. MarshaJham

MarshaJham New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reasons why the 1st timeline Ruve hated Tia are as follows (based on the story and not my opinion) :
    - Tia was loved by the emperor and empress
    - Tia was praised by everyone because she’s very diligent in her work.
    - He was already envious of Tia and Duke Zena was the only one attentive to him.
    - and when he found out that Tia was also not 100% noble blood like him, he got angry and hated Tia even more for he experienced pain because of his blood while Tia was praised and loved by the people he longed for.

the 2nd timeline Ruve:
    - Was able to realise that His hatred for Tia will both cause them so much pain.
    -he is different from the 1st timeline Ruve because Tia changed also. It was like a chain reaction. (1st timeline Tia, was cold and a bit proud of herself.. 2nd timeline Tia, is friendly and humble)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    shelldon likes this.
  16. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Why post this when many of us here already knows the petty reasons why the prince hates the MC.
    You only further made me realize how pathetic he is when he acted on his envy, what an outstanding crown prince acting on his emotions. /s
    And the starting point on why he changed in 2nd TL is when he, without etiquette,had the notion to intrude on a very private letter. :blobthumbsdown:
    He didn't sought out to discover the MC's true nature by his own volition either but by a disgusting and disturbing plot device of finding out her private letter and what's worse there's someone other than him who find found out.

17. MarshaJham

MarshaJham New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I’ve read, Ruve’s feelings changed a bit when he accompanied Tia to her home when she was sick and not when he read the letter. He always wonder why Tia’s afraid of him and he wants to ask her why, he tried but always fail to get the answer. Then the letter, he should have not read it, i get your point. The person adressed to the letter didnt believe Tia when she told him about her “dream” that’s why Allen and Tia grew apart for quite sometime. Ruve didn’t plot on finding the letter, he found it on accident when the letters fell on the floor. But of course it’s a discourtesy to read someone else’s letter (bad Ruve). However he can still act like a jerk if he wants to now that he knows why. He can pressure Tia on being his Queen if he’s really into hurting her and make her life misereable forever. But he decided to respect Tia’s decision because he already like Tia (refer to the incident when she was sick). He waited for Tia to slowly open up to him, he let Allen and Carsein to be friends with her because it makes her happy. He’s the prince and can order all his subject to do his will but he just waited patiently, protected and respected Tia’s every decision on the 2nd timeline.

If you’re angry at 1st timeline Ruve why he acts that way, well Tia isnt a Saint either on 1st timeline. She thinks that she’s above everyone else that’s why she doesnt have friends, she’s not even to close to her father. So in the 2nd timeline she made friends, build up relationship with her father and also she realised as well that everything changed because she changed.

You may hate Ruve all you like and i will not stop you, its your opinion. Im just sharing what i know about the story. I didnt like the 1st timeline Ruve as well. But as the 2nd timeline story plot unveils i started to understand why he was like that in the 1st timeline. He was in pain in 2nd timeline because of Tia (he got rejected all the time) and Jieun also realised that he’s different from before.
    The main villain is duke Zena.
    Have a good day and keep safe.

Kezi likes this.
  18. MarshaJham

MarshaJham New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler: 2nd timeline Ruve

Ruve: this reminds me of my late mother. My mother scorned me and hated me for being unrefined because i wasnt her son yet mother adored that girl so much.
    : “ why do my father and mother adore that girl so much? Is it because she’s of pure bloodline unlike me?. With every breath i took, i felt like i was discriminated against because of my background.
    : if i’d grown up with the same mindset, and had learned the truth, what would i have thought? If i learned of her background, wouldn’t i have felt it unfair that i was hated and discriminated against, even though we’re both descendants of peasants?
    : my resentment would’ve targeted her, even though she did nothing wrong. I would’ve had been foolish and immature.

Maybe that’s what had happened in the first timeline because Duke Zena was his mentor at that time.
    ctto:tappytoon

Kezi likes this.
  19. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, time to break my vow to stay away from this story...

About First Tia. Victim blaming much? None of her actions justified her fate and horrible mistreatment except that one time she snapped back, and no one would have needed poison for that. In fact, in her place I would have used a knife and actually killed him. First Ruve had no ground to hate her this much at the exception of his own prejudice and being a pathetic asshole. He already hated her before the Duke started lying about her. He didn't need help and was only too happy to get more reasons to hate her. You know why he decided to make her Queen anyway despite that? Because it would make his life easier. She would take the work of Ji-eun and controle her faction for him. No one forced him to, contrary to what the first readers seemed to imply. He made the conscious choice of marrying her only to accuse her of wanting to turn him into a puppet Emperor... If this is what he was thinking, how about not marrying her in the first place? He could have choosen everyone else, and political pressure don't matter here because the two timelines showed that he had a lot of leverage to choose his wifes. Also, Tia was hated because of her cold personality? When she was expected to act this way because this is how a member of the Imperal family is supposed to act? No so sure. It was because she was actally good at her job and couldn't be controled by the factions as well as having the credit of her hard work go to Ji-eun. She wasn't acting "haughty", she was acting in a way becoming of her position as a future member of the Imperial family groomed from birth for the job. She was taught to controle her emotions for a reason. Maybe it was not Ruve's taste, but then it could explain how she could be neglected, but no be abused. First Tia had a personally way more fit for a ruler than neurotic Secon Tia. This is why I call victim blaming on the author too: Tia's policies where rational and WORKED. They satisfied everyone until Ji-eun changed them but suddenly Tia goes "Oh no, I never realized that beyond paperwork they would influence real peoples.... I was such a cold and horrible person...". See what I am talking about? Her policies where founded with the people's needs in mind as shown with the servant healthcare's one. But suddendly she is a bitch?

About Ruve: he didn't start to get attracted at the letter scene or the carriage scene for that matter but the fire in the garden scene. He was attracted because she is his type of woman (emotional) AND she got even better. He is far from being swetter than sugar, proven by his actions, his POV and the way he used the Princesses and Ji-eun. He KNOWS that she is afraid of touch and of him but will still forcefully kiss her after flying into a rage. He swear that he will respect her opinion but in fact refused twice to break off the engagment when asked to and even lied about it just because... And so on. He is overbering and being "better" than first Ruve doesn't erase the trauma. He was the one who needed to take the actions required to a redemption act. He was the one who needed to have the most character development of the two AND prove himself against the others potential love interest before Tia started to love the 'new him". But in fact Tia was already in love and just didn't act on it because she was sure that he was fated to be with Ji-eun anyway (it is clear for the scene everytime she blushed when they were still young despite being supposedly afraid, the time he asked her for a chance at the ball and how she got jealous over Ji-eun). Tia was the one who saved the day, proected him, had the most character development (to not say rewriting of personality), not him. It is the story-line of typical story about a villainess who need to atone for her sins when Tia is the victim. You only need to look at First Ruve, Ji-eun, Ruve's aunt to see that THEY, the people around her, were and are the ones with a serious problem of personality, not her. Seriously, even the priest had more chemistry with her than him. We, as readers, have absolutly no reason to believe that he wouldn't have neglected her again and maybe abused her if she had not suddenly matched her taste. Heck, his POV and behavior plainly shows that he only acting sweet because he don't want her to run away and to get her to be even more emotional and open. He will call her "cruel" when she use her social mask and so on... He only like a part of her. Someone once wrote that it was another story of an abuse victim getting a second chance and acting like a puppy to get her past abuser to like her. I am very tempted to agree to this point of view. He was in pain for being rejected? So what? No one is entitle to someone else's love and affection. The way he can't deal with it without being overbearing is in fact a negative point against him. Tia had to suffer waaaaay more than him in both timelines too. She is the one who almost died twice in case you forgot. Knowing who is was supposed to become and is current actions, I have absolutly no compassion to spare for him. Tia had to prove to everyone that she was suited and good enough to be his wife, but he did nothing to deserve her affection before it was way too late in the story.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Uhteen, Taruna, XxbubblesxX and 6 others like this.
  20. MarshaJham

MarshaJham New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is the plot was not in modern times. Most manhwas with the same plot era have these female leads who are powerless because of their gender (which i find disturbing as well).They can only do so much with the nobles support. It’s not my story anyway so dont be mad at me.
    As i said you can hate Ruve as much as you like. You can curse him as much as you like. I’ve only shared what I’ve read about the story. So keep calm and have a good day.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020