Spoiler The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Regalia1896, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotus200

Lotus200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used “wanted” and not “want”. The difference is that I expressed a wish that the author had written about the revenge part, and not that the author should rewrite the story. If I wanted the author to rewrite the story or give constructive critics, then I would not have done it here.

2. flowers.and.hearts

flowers.and.hearts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I really came here for some great spoilers but it seems the majority is just a lot of bickering between people opinion on the prince, and honestly guys, i get it, but his first life is seperate from his last. you cant fault him for something he hasnt done yet. and he didnt end up twisted because of mc, thinking like that your only seeing the part of the picture, from what ive seen in the manhwa it seems to be so much more than that, its takes more than one person to make a person go that crazy. no it has to be more than just that. Just think, people comparing him to others all the time to belittle him, always being judged and observed by the people who were supposed to raise him, and they didnt bother teaching him anything else than what he needed to become the perfect prince, they never taught him how to be a functioning human being. honestly hes a child, a KID, what hes like 15. maybe a bit older but man guys its not really something. hes not able to completely act rational no matter how he or everyone else always seems to think. hes capable of making rational decisions but that doesnt mean that he also doesnt make ones that arent. And i havent read everything just the recently english translated manhwa. but from what i see, his enviroment isn't the best for a comepletely sane healthy child to come out of. like you guys expect him to be so mature and guys please i was not that mature at his age???? and i mean, to be fair, i didnt take it out on people the way he did to mc but bruh im not a crown prince with people who only look at me to use as a tool to elevate status. like idk where his mom is, and his dad aint spending that much time with him. the maid he loved, though i dont know much about her, died, and everytime he looks fo reaffirmation and verification he get compared to mc. like, man give the poor boy a break. now i dont know how the author wrote this novel, and i dont know how well they did it. but the manhwa is a different medium and maybe it will be better at telling the story. my hope is that mc will force the prince to change his attitude and look at things differently. because hes a kid he unfairly blamed everything on her, but because she has changed from a "doll" to i believe a knight(?) in personality or something along those lines, i hope he will try to see her more and come to understand that its not her fault but rather its the fault of the shitty people raising him. they couldnt understand that children are delicate and need the RIGHT attention, and he, mc, and the entire kingdom suffered from it. not to say he isnt abstained from all fault, his first life was in the end ultimately his fault. I will not deny that. he was an absolute terror. the worst. but in his second life, he never did those things, so why is it so hard for people to seperate the 2? i dunno man i really want to see him just be a kid or something like that, its so sad when you think about it... i hope mc can change that and turn him for the better. agh the person i do dislike though is that bitchy ass girl from the different world, like this bitch can rot for all i care, shes just spoiled without a care in the world, like fuck you man. just pick your ass up and learn to do shit, life isnt a fairytale. and its not mc's fault your life sucked after you got her killed.

3. Chilli_Chiia

Chilli_Chiia Trying to survive my courses

Reading List:
    Link
    People here make it as if you murdered someone when you defend the Author's choices.

Raini Rodriguez likes this.
  4. kwanjai

kwanjai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly have no idea why people complain about the main girl choosing the main guy who "treated her like trash". Like probably 90-95% of all the webnovels are like this. If you don't like it then I don't know why you people are on this site or even reading webnovels. It's to be expected when when you're reading most of the romance webnovels/webtoons.

5. Road

Road New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love the plot, but thanks to the spoilers, all the heartaches that I would have felt will be avoided. The first chapters of this webtoon is really sad and I really like the MC (cries). Her love and dedication to the prince..... I can't take this anymore...

eagerreadergirl and giseord like this.
  6. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't speak for everyone, I I just feel like he didn't try hard enough to deserve her. Here she is,striving to do the best and make a place for herself outside of being is fiancée- for a nation that hated her before (even though she did everything for it)- and making strides to be independent, and all he has to do is be a little bit less of an a** and he gets the girl. The Prince basically took all his resentment out on a girl who lost her mother way before she knew her, and decided to use her to bolster his own lover (in the first life). And then, in the second like, he's still ridiculously biased against her, without even knowing about her.
    But I'll reserve judgement until this is finished in english, because there is a paywall and MTL'ing korean is brain-melting.

7. Sltydrtos

Sltydrtos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, have you read the whole novel till the end? Do you know every part of it? If you have then you can say that. But personally, i think that it wasn't right to judge when you don't know the whole deal and just focused on one thing (the ml asshole of an attitude as you say) but maybe there's more than the jealousy he felt to the mc? Maybe there's something he actually do to make mc fall for him again? I don't know, for sure. For i havent finished it yet.

giseord, stumblmer and Dnleldkfls like this.
  8. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    And... Another person who DOESN'T READ TILL THE EFFING END!! HAHA... Nope. Not even... Just no. Read the thread before you come for me, because I will only be nice once.

stumblmer likes this.
  9. Yhumille

Yhumille New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading the novel before but I couldn't even get past her first life arc because it got way too deppressing. I like tragic heroines but I feel like the author went too far in making the MC super tragic that her ML suffered so gravely in exchange.

It's a common type of trope in romance where the heroine is bullied by the jerk -- and the gap moe that results from the ML's newfound kindness is definitely cute ---- if it's balanced. In this case... err not exactly. The ML we saw in the first life was so terrible, he's practically irredeemable! Not Unless he was brainwashed[Which he wasn't, based on the comments)

I started reading the comic just recently too and the great sparkly art managed to keep me reading [Hell it's still very stressful] At this point, I just ship the mc with happiness. Screw you prince! No, I'm not blaming the current him, I just don't want Tia to be with him. It's an unhealthy relationship smh.

It doesn't matter if he hasn't done anything yet, it doesn't change the fact Tia experienced it all and was utterly traumatized. Something that can cause PTSD is serious business and I feel for her if she has to go back to that situation.

Kudos to the author though for making hthe MC's desperate attempt to get away from the prince and her empress-route to feel so realistic-- I feel so distressed just thinking she'd be forced in that kind of domestic violence all over again. I know for a fact how scary that is and holy frick if I'd ever get a 2nd chance like Tia, I sure as heck won't get together with the same guy! No amount of justifcation can convinceme of f their love lmfao --- it's just a case of the victim who has been subjected to years of abuse and keep coming back to their tormentor -- It's realistic in that case but I don't condone glorifying this concept-- and make it all so happy ending-esque. It's not. It is indeed tragedy lmfao.

I don't mind the ending at all, just... I can't see it as romantic. It's just scary and deppressing as hell.

PS: NO HATE, I just realllyy have this protective feels towards the MC. She is waaay too pitiful, it's not funny. O<--< Pls. Just be happy with daddy, you deserve so much! I can't watch you making the same mistake and plunging to hell hole all over again, my chold sobbs o<--<

10. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way I don't want her to end with the Prince due to the first chapters showing his worst self. I kinda felt the trauma too throuth Tia. But, while reading his 2nd vers, we can really see that he doesn't show much of any sign of his previous action. There's a tender curiousity and longing in his eyes but, mostly due to Tia's denying and not showing any care for him (in his perspective) this initiate that curiosity. I think his kindness and subtle longing originated from that... later on he starts seeing her in a better light that goes beyond the rival image he see in her in the start. Anyway it is Tia's refusal that took off the insicurity he had of everyone ignoring him while complimenting Tia's. I think the flag of him turning a jerk won't happen again. Looking at ch 78. There's this bugging thought he might turn out to be a jerk again due to jealousy and such tho... But who knows.

Anyway, guys don't fight over it to much. Let's wait and see the middle part of the story. Knowing the ending is not enough to understand the whole context and motives of all the characters and their choices. Let's wait, see and understand why Tia indeed chose him. There has to be a reasons.

Lol the ending is not even a spoiler anymore since everyone in comments in reading manga site talk about constantly...
    Anyway the spoiler kinda brought up a situation similar to the narration of wuthering heights by Emily bronte. We know the ending but not what lead to that conclusion.
    So yeah, first let see the process that brought it..

I'm not taking sides but, my fav is CarseinxD
    Not saying Tia must end with him. But just I found him a likeable character.

vesperia likes this.
  11. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Her trauma plus reading her hardwork, triggers my protective side too. Reason why I also don't see the Prince in a good light yet. Or rather reluctantly cant bring myself to fully accept him. So I'm waiting to see why she chose him.

12. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can sort of understand why the ending is that way... that Tia deep down DOES want what she longed in the past to be rightfully hers. It's a human nature.
    On the opposite side of thing, I also can understand why we readers prefer if she end up with someone else if NOT at all with becoming a bad ass lady knight. I mean- rationally, who the hell wants to get burned twice by that ass of a prince.
    She certainly shows she has survival intinct with how desperate she wants to get out of empress role- but also- don't forget, she has devoted a lifetime to be one and a GOOD one for her country and that prince.
    I'd love to see her giving that prince 'Consort Yun treatment' from Divine Doctor.
    In which... at slightest grief he did to her, she will lock herself out from his life until he beg like a pitiful dog.
    That's the most satisfying ending I'd say... oh- he can be her ML but not without a price.

13. complxmars

complxmars Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Girl, I’m here to share my opinion. Go take your hostility somewhere else because that’s not what I came here for I know the author doesn’t have to conform my likes in her own novel. It’s creativity. But it’s not good to always accept what happens. Sometimes criticism is necessary and it is for this type of novel. Don’t tell me to “go pick a modern novel where my expectations are met.” I don’t expect zero cruelty in historical novels and it’s okay for characters to not be perfect. I’m just saying that I disagree with the prince’s character.

wow199548, bloggerman, roseO and 2 others like this.
  14. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure you said your opinion. What is exactly is your critique since you said and I quote "But it’s not good to always accept what happens. "?

15. anime girl8669

anime girl8669 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think that if you don't like this then don't read it because most webnovel are like this and if you actually read in to like chapter 77 you'll see that he does care so if you have something bad to say keep it to yourself!!!

16. cecilia1988

cecilia1988 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THEY HAVE CHILDREN AT THE END ?

17. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As fanfiction author I get that 'I don't like where you bring the plot to' comment isn't pleasant, because it's the decision of author every reader should respect. However I also don't think we should discourage anyone reviewing with expressing their dislike as long as they're not rude about it. Though I wonder for those who read half-way and absolutely have to inform the author they can't go on reading and will drop the story without constructive criticism we can peruse over.
    It as if they just want the author feels bad about losing ONE reader they think the author would care and miss them.
    So in my opinion as Complxmars said, criticism is nescessary just not be an ass about it but show you do so because you care about the story. And the writer shouldn't fly into rage over a bit of review.
    Don't show your work to people if you can not take critiques.

18. eni-mon

eni-mon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    . I am actually seeing the prince come into a new light with the recent chapters from tappytoon. I always fall for the second ML but I'm actually starting to fall for the third ML though if she ends up with ML then that's also fine with me.

Though, I'm really curious on what's going to happen when the other girl appears, I want to see how everything will unfold.

The art on this manhwa is beautiful, whether it's a tragic or a HEA, it would still be admired to the artistry.

giseord and stumblmer like this.
  19. Dnleldkfls

Dnleldkfls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.. reading the whole thread and...
    Actually i understand why most people don't like the ending. It's not MC's fault that he become such a douchbag. But i understand how he becomes one, more like the late emperor's fault i think. How could he dote on someone else's daughter when he has a son of his own???

But now that tia choose her own path, it's better, although she'll ended up with the prince. It's not easy to break off their engagement as there will be strive between the two faction. Even the prince is more considerate of her feelings in ch.78 of the webtoons. He knows that she's scared of him so he tried to be careful not to rashly come after her and then he tried to protect her (from the rumours) and also wish for her happiness (at least the prince tried to make her happy by taking her there when she was punished by the emperor so that she couldn't come to the new knights inauguration).

I see the prince's development and looking forward to another better change of him, at least to prove his worth.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    giseord and stumblmer like this.
  20. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler: Emperor hated the Prince's mother coz its another arranged marriage (or something of that) so I don't think he is required to be really fond of the ML just because he's his kid. Kinda like he's not exactly born in a romantic union so it's easy to treat him like he did. And the fact he was pining for another woman so...basically, it's clusterfuck fo relationship and misunderstands that affected both the ML and MC.

Personally, I hope the ML gets the option to run away like it was suggested for Tia. He can go the avoidance route like Tia did and live like a monk somewhere. Shit in his childhood should make one wary of relationships.

stumblmer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.