Spoiler The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Regalia1896, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being "friend" when u're a "rival" is too naive, especially in imperial era, for woman like jieun and tia it's a "jungle"

Behind Jieun and tia have a "supporter", jieun was enemy for tia's fraction and tia was also enemy for jieun's fraction. Both of them just a weapon / pawn in their political competition

there's a so many manga have story similiar like jieun LOL, Jieun and tia relationship similiar with hurrem sultan and mahidevran. hurrem is like jieun, she didn't love the king, but mahidevran see her as a rival who steal her husband.

So i understand too why tia being cold, detest jieun and etc ( same like mahidevran, she's a warm woman, but because her title as a queen/ empress she need keep her authority and at last she turn into cold person )
    * so that's why in 2nd lifetime after 14 years marriage ruve seems glad tia in his eyes still same as before they're married

( if u watch the movie it's so intense LOL ) the audience really hate hurrem character but at the same time they understand why she do that.

they accept and forgive each other at the end ( before hurrem die ) but still can't being friend. ahahahha similiar with scene tia-jieun before she go away

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    shelldon and flamingorangesoof like this.
  2. flamingorangesoof

flamingorangesoof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruhhhh. This is a Spoiler thread not a Discussion thread

Zeref_96, djan29, augacutan and 2 others like this.
  3. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tia behaves coldly in the first timeline because that's what she felt was expected of her. She's honestly a very passionate and emotional person, as you can see in the second one where she doesn't hold herself back anymore. If you remember in the chapter where she and Ruve dance at the royal ball in public, she remembers how she messed up in the first time and how everyone gossiped that she couldn't even behave as a proper partner for him, even though she was still a child. That's when she decided she had to appear perfect and suppressed her emotions, which led to people calling her heartless and cold.

She's not. She just doesn't know how to handle people, as she never opened up to anyone in her life at that point. Could she have been more open and friendly to Jieun? Yes, but that's also part of the tragedy of the first timelime - she doesn't know how to make friends because she's always been isolated. She doesn't know how to handle Jieun because she's still a teenager and she resents this girl who popped out of nowhere and disrupted everything, who doesn't act like how a proper lady should act. The thing though, is that if you blame Jieun for drowning in self-pity and ignorance, you can also say that Tia did the same. She just wallowed in self-pity and tried to stoically take everything without causing a fuss, and never tried to be honest or upfront with her true feelings until it was too late and she snapped. Honestly, all three of them are very tragic because they were all ignorant of what was going on - Tia and Ruve were set up to be antagonistic towards each other until he executed her, and Jieun was only kept around to produce a baby heir.

None of the three characters are really a villain. You might like one more than the other and severely dislike another, but that doesn't mean that they're a bad guy who deserves punishment or that the story is bad because it didn't satisfactorily punish or compensate certain characters. You just don't like it. That's ok.

Akiyuki_chan, shelldon and rock.doll like this.
  4. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers:

tia has hair

5. shelldon

shelldon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the preview and found out this was adapted to historical story. Mahidevran really suffered and very pitiful while hurrem enjoys all. Though they forgive each other but still mahidevran suffered severely. I could imagine if 1st timeline proceded tia and her child will be really oppressed. Well the author says reset so there is a 2nd timeline.

booho likes this.
  6. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, that's why i only assume 1st timeline story as a SPIN OFF LOL let us enjoy the 2nd timeline without overshadowed by the past

flamingorangesoof and shelldon like this.
  7. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some Spoiler
    Tia-Ruve moment
    Book 7
    TIA POV

he had wash his face while carefully examining his white robes. i approached him silently. it has been my responsibility for almost a month to lift his clothes.
    Even he used to it now, he still awkwardly looking at me with a very happy face.

After a shirt and trousers, a waistcoat and a jacket and a blue robe, he lightly kissed my forehead and whispered
    "thank you Tia..."
    "no your majesty, there were any uncomfortable place ?"
    "no, very comfortable"
    "really ? if there something off, please tell me, don't be like last time, it's really embarrassing"
    he smiled and reassured me, everything is fine, then he reached out to me politely
    "will u give me a glory to eat with you ?"
    "yes off course"
    he lightly put his hands on, laughed out loud and leading me.
    I smiled as i entrusted myself to him, and A smiled full of happiness followed us, walking side by side

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  8. Hyperactivator

Hyperactivator Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason I think that so many people hate Jieun is not because she is a bad person but because she is a bad HERO.

Because that was she was supposed to be. She was literally sent by a god to another world to save an empire, given magic powers, given a name that proclaimed her loved by all and failed utterly.

If this were a visual novel she would have gotten the worst ending by taking the easiest route. Because she didn't act like the HERO everyone was telling her she was.

The Emperor and his true love were being poisoned by an evil Duke. If she had acted like real hero and not just blindly believed the villain when he spun his ridiculous lies she might have managed to save the first timeline. She was given those healing powers for a reason.

I mean come on! The child of prophecy proclaimed by god would never be just thrown out on the street. And she's Korean for goodness sake. If she isn't familiar with transmigration stories then she lived in a hole for eighteen years.

She's not an ordinary girl. She's the chosen hero and she sucks at it. She's lazy,a liar,petty, a coward and everything hero shouldn't be.

That's why the god had to reincarnate and empower Tia. Because the chosen Hero was a total failure at her job.

Yes she didn't ask for it. The first time. But the second time she came back the that world on purpose when given a chance to go back home.

To save the empire and be the hero she was always meant to be?

Nope.

She wanted revenge.

Against the husband who she lied about loving in the first place.

Against the innocent woman who's corpse she was jealous of.

And against the villain she was supposed to help defeat but instead believed every stupid lie he said till the he came to kill her and her child.

Judging her as an ordinary person isn't fair because she was meant to be so much more and failed utterly.

Twice.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

That was realistic. In real life if someone were taken form there life into a medieval shithole most people would have mental breakdowns. Not go all Captain America on everyones ass. You don't become a hero by getting some poets and people saying "oh the prophecy said you were a hero so please go save ur kingdom btw you can never go back, kay?"

Its easy to think she would should have seen though the lies but that's cause we read the novel and we know whats gonna happen. She dosent have that knowledge. But in the second life she does and successfully brings him down along with tia

It was a wonder she stayed as stable as she did. Why didn't "god" choose a marine or something if they wanted someone to be a hero. She's not lazy, petty or a coward. Shes a normal teenage girl with modern education and values. Not someone who was raised to run an emperor not to be a hero.

And her kids as killed infront go her and her husband turned out to be an ass. Don't blame her for making that choice in anger

And not a lot of people actually hate Jieun. Alot of korean readers liked her and was pissed that the ending she got was too harsh

No. The reason some people hate her is cause she as presented as the antagonist. And no matter how justifiable an antagonist is petty people will hate them if there against the hero. Ironic cause the novel turns that trope on its head yet people fail to see that. VIllaness reincnation novels have really done a number on people

10. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link

Yup!! But I still don't like Jieun
    Even if her past said it.

But if Jieun choose to go back to her family in Korea without her memories, Tia would have been walking on a tight rope and fall down in death's hole.

Because that's the purpose of her presence, to know who's the real villain and to exchange her divine powers for Tia's life.

And to make the story not so so boring and be a cliche love rival
    kemekemehahalulu

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  11. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. Sometimes you just dont like a character

Ariawolfgar, rosie.rose and MOMO26 like this.
  12. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, and this is an aside, but I really have to wonder why godlike beings always choose some plucky teenager as their chosen one. You'd think they'd go for someone experiences in politics, fighting, or adaptable to a different setting, like, someone who could bounce back easily from a huge lifestyle change, but it's almost always some random teenager.

13. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

My theory is that teens are easier to manipulate and becusse there still young there easier to mold into what you need them to be

Give someone like john wick the job and theyll go hell no and probably break some bones for hijacking them from there world. But a teenager at the very least would think they were doing something for the greater good and accept it. There more innocent and easier to control

14. rosie.rose

rosie.rose Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds a bit victim-blaming. Ji-eun's a poor background character, I guess. If somebody loves the female lead, Ji-eun will be a villain in their eyes because she seems to be the only female rival in love towards the female lead Tia.

I think Ji-eun's a normal teenager in the modern world. God Vita forces her to become a hero, but she doesn't wanna live in Castina Empire once. I remember she told Tia she wanted to go back to her home then but she couldn't find a way to go home. She had to carry a special responsibility which she doesn't want. God Vita and everyone abandoned her, no one really taught her how to improve to become a Empress. She's lonely and has no friends. Futhermore, Tia never told Jieun that Tia did Jieun's work in the palace on her own. It seems that Jieun never knows her work which should be done by her.

Akiyuki_chan likes this.
  15. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but honestly, i like Jieun's villain character in 2nd timeline. She's attack from front and really show her Bad intention.
    The story won't be interesting if her villain character is weak / soft.
    Just admit, from all character in TAE, the character who left strong impression in reader's mind is Jieun and Ruve
    yuna/ina really success potray their cruelty. and she's so brave create Ruve the ML as unperfect-prince with all his deficiencies

just try to names another isekai novel / manhwa ( which return back to past ) where 1-6 chapter of MC past life story still haunted ur mind even the story have reach 114 chapter ?
    sometimes i feel bad for the author :blobcry:
    after she draw 108 episode with so many conflict and explanation, people still judge the story from 6 ep in the beginning ( i'm not surprise she's lock her IG comment section )

and i understand, why movie maker etc always make a "past story" as spin off / epilogue, and usually they drop it after the main story finish

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  16. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Full agree on that! She's a great personal threat to Tia and their relationship is one of the highlights of the story. I'd say her development is the inverse of Tia's: she grew colder whole Aristia opened up.

If you haven't I recommend seeing the manhwa because they REALLY did her justice so far. Seeing Jieun's stoice, stone-cold expressions in contrast with Tia's and her own 1st timeline self is absolutely chilling. It's the first time I've seen a manhwa villain and truly felt unnerved.

booho likes this.
  17. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes the comparison between her and tia really interesting. Both of them seems like "exchange soul". Tia start to move on and become more warm and lively and jieun still stuck in past and become stone-cold ( like tia on the past )
    and she as villain in 2nd life is use "tactic" and "political sense" not a typical villain who use "bully"
    and she's really compatible with duke jenna ahahahahaha their duo villain really powerful

Ariawolfgar likes this.
  18. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so sick off allen jieun and others....i do love allen...but lets move on and i really want some romantic spoilers between tia and ruve...after all they are the end game...
    Please someone give some romantic spoiler...i want tia's happy moment...coz most of the time she is conflicted and confused

Zeref_96, booho and flamingorangesoof like this.
  19. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so

I'm not sure if this is the end of discussion of spoilers here but.....

IF YOU CAN RELATE, GIVE ME A LIKE .

AS WE ALL KNOW THAT WE'RE HOME QUARANTINE FOR (MAYBE A MONTH?? OR SO...)

SO ME HERE COUNTED HOW MANY HOLES DOES SKYFLAKES CRACKERS HAVE?? And here I am... still counting

It's all I can do in my home

20. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This annoying ass quarantine and corona....its all so scary outside...i am really thankful to authors for their books:') ....i am also thankful for spoiler site and social media...
    Be strong and safe...we can fight with everything as long as we believe in ourselves and careful not fearful...may God bless us all with strong heart and health...

Mystical giggles, shelldon and MOMO26 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.