LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He actually experienced time dilation? Thought it was just meant to be in-game time rather than actual experienced time. Mind linking to where this was stated so I can go over it again?

2. silentwolfie

silentwolfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brendel did mention somewhere (the time where he escaped with Freya in volume 1) that his stats were too low to execute his swordsmanship properly and were full of openings.

The novel doesn't mention what swordsmanship ranks boost exactly, but I think skill correction/bonus stats is a good explanation. Kodan couldn't use his swordsmanships when he first got them from merging his Guardian Spirit, but Brendel was immediately able to use them against his opponents.

I don't think it was ever mentioned specifically that he actually experienced time dilation or just in-game time. But logically speaking if he can use swordsmanships that took Kodan decades to learn......

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this novel is not bad especially the battle scene, it's so wow for me.

4. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Merging with the spirit worked different with Kodan and him,
    because he had the system, where with Kodan does not have it in other words
    the spirit have overflow his mind(Kodan's Brain) with his skills/experience and had to cut the connection between them because his brain would be damaged by all that information! and thus he was not able to "use" any of it like the MC did, kodan said himself with other words in the novel that the spirit had to cut the connection because he could not handle it! but with the MC case, the system took care of it for him, and thus he only gained the skills on his Skill set list and was able to use it as normal! because since he had the "skills" in the system he could do the "moves", he does not even use the traditional swordsmanship that the skills give but a Special type developed by the players themselves that is based on the move's of the traditional skill and once the heroic spirit left, the skills vanish as well!.
    Now about having a better grasp in the traditional swordsmanship than kodan, it was also explained because his grandfather was miles ahead of kodan in talent and ability and have trained the kid himself(allowing him so far as i have read to gain "extra"+3 skill level),the only reason the MC does not have those skills at the start is because his own trauma of his grandfather that have blocked those emotions, but this also have being worked on and he already have recovered some skills levels from the training of his grandfather! and those levels are classified as special and appear as + on the status window but the only main reason, i repeat the only reason he can use the swordsmanship that took kodan or any other NPC for example decades to learn is because he can PUT skill point in it ( is called Ap points if i'm not mistaken) because of the system that allows him to do so!, there multiple other advantage for example: the system allows him to learn skills-abilities that is linked to BLOODLINE, allowed him to become a elementalist and leveling it to level 25 in 10 seconds in the middle of the fight! (higher level than the ones who teach him the class change) if this is not clear yet for everyone, this advantage of course have a limit, outside of classes; level 15 is the max level he can put the skills with points and past it he need to train = a npc , but the system allows him to close the gap for in earlier levels : other example outside of the one given before:
    once his spirit guardian start training him in her legacy swordsmanship for real, he would use the system points to upgrade it direct to level 5 and thus would freak out the spirit because it took her 35 years to learn even level 1, where he because of the system learned in 30 seconds!

About how skills work's; there is not a in deep description yet besides the one at the start of the novel and one later on the first one is when the MC got the armor symbol skill , remember? how at earlier level only increase 0,1 defense and later on at levels 20+ increase 1 defense per level? all skills work's in similar form but the main point: level do matter and higher the level the effect is a lot higher; i do not remember the exact value, but there is one point that the mc compare with one of his skills; it goes something like : (be it range-speed-status and so on depending on the skill)
    Level 1-5= each level gives X
    level 5-10= each level gives 3x
    level 10-15= each level gives 30x
    level 15-20(the level the MC mentions at that time; = each level gives 90X(3x more than a level 10-15 would give)
    (ps this is of course a example to show more or less how it work; i do not remember the correct range value for each level!.

past level 15 you can not put points anymore in the skills so the system more or less loses it's utility , and past level 20-25 is called sword saint in the novel, that is where the tops players/npc's was at the time of the MC peak no one, ever reached level 30 higher in any skill , that by the words of the mc is called the domain of god's of the game.

Having the system as Npc is the MC biggest gift; since he can grown as NPC by having multiple setting's(roles that would boost his status/learning ability; later on someone also got a role that increase the learning/exp gained by 30%, it was scarlet if i'm not mistaken or someone else), with the MC we have the main example being : after he Meet that noble Graudin that is the leader of the city the MC will conquer at the current arc he was so pissed/angry and choice to go against him that in the end his "setting" changed from a common npc he gained a boost of 20% all status(because of the entire conflict that will unfold with their meetings and so on!), and he can of course use the system as player as well like i mentioned before allowing him to put skill points in the skills on his classes but only until level 15, later on when he start learning the swordsmanship for the heroic spirit, it becomes clear; he will reset his skill points complete and remove almost all of his skills/swordsmanship and keep only 3; the normal given by his grandfather that have a +3bonus; the one being taught by the heroic spirit; and a attack skills taught by a centaur warrior, and he will level the last one direct to 15; something that not even the centaur that taught him have, for example (similar as the case with Kodan, where he have a better swordsmanship than him).

simple put: there is classes :skills (this is for the system altogether=player) but as NPC there is also a exclusive setting called Role; this gives bonus based on the role you are, commoner;noble;goddess of war,king, etc (mainly it work's as vantage that Npc's have so they can compete with players!)
    classes are like: mercenary: elementalist: scholar; for example: by leveling the classes the user would gain "status" linked to it for example mercenary class gives > str-dex-agility-health-< the MC also have elementalist class that gives >> elemental pool (fire dark-light-water-earth)) and so on, depending on the class; the user would also gain "talents" based on the classes they have and their level!, is like a exclusive skill of the class! and this would be what define the strength of a character; if it's gold ranker-silver and so on; this definition is mostly based on the level of the class that would result for example in X points in strength dex agility and so on!, since the MC have the system he can have more than one.
    then we have skills: this one like i wrote before can only levelup until level 15 with points; the rest needs to be done by training.

the ratio was 1x8; if i'm do not remember it wrong, he played the game for 22 years that would be = of 176 years game time; for what i have being reading; i'm close to half; and the author only seems to have write up until the destruction of the kingdom, that in game timeline took more or less 10 years, almost everything that the MC have done after that; like becoming OP; purifying his bloodline to silver>golden> was all done after the kingdom was destroyed; so i do not think we will see this in the novel.
    one more trivia: the heroic spirit is not teaching the MC his past swordsmanship(the one he used as gamer), but a new one and she already said that it will be only that one, so almost everything about the Opness of the MC in his past "gamer" life will not be show anymore; the author is really pushing a "new" history in later chapter and how the MC action is affecting the history that he remember; the main plot action is still there; but i really like how those "minor" events are changing everything and thus allows us to see really a different world than the one the MC remember, this also helps keeping the tension because it is not the "same" as the world he remember anymore, so things can go wrong in a good way for us readers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Yabu likes this.
  5. Yabu

Yabu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wew, there's surely an effort in writing all that

Arexio likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the Highlanders will switch sides when they hear that Brendel is a highland knight with a wizard vassal.

LazyLuong likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Odum knows some real Rune Dwarves...though I don't think he does...

8. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Internal server error. Help. Help. *call 112*

Traveling Chef likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for the chapter where he saved the village that was being burnt
    It was from volume one at the beginning

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like the kind of true rebellion that the princess would have to execute him for.

11. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has it ever mentioned what the November War is?

12. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a holy war led by brendel's grandfather.
    it's a pivotal event that influence key events all the way to the last book.
    it would be elaborated gradually.

13. ExodusGT

ExodusGT Member

Reading List:
    Link
    madara, reminded me of uchiha hahahahahaa

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was Tamar again? It's so hard to keep track of all the names, especially with the sporadic update schedule.

15. Lenlia

Lenlia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember right Tamar was the alchemist he saved at the beginning when they escaped from the town that was invaded by the undead.

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C117: I wonder if he plans to use them as alchemy ingredients, or to raise them as beasts of war. Honestly, the latter seems like the better option long term, but I don't think he's really got the resources and personnel necessary for such an endeavor.

I wonder how far they are from his new city. It could dramatically impact the difficulty level of exploiting and protecting that mine if he could do it from there rather than Firbuh.

C124: Even if the druids solve the current problem for him, he still needs to come up with an explanation for his sword card or this accusation will come back to bite him hard in the not too distant future.

C125: It would seem that a certain dragon likes to mark her territory ;)

C127: If he already made the potions, then why hasn't he distributed them? Boosting everyone's power would have only made the trip safer.

C129: Wouldn't summoning and commanding high ranking undead cause far more problems than it would solve? It would immediately flag him as an ally of Madara at bare minimum.

Considering how long it takes to get new cards, he should really consider thinning out his deck to make it more focused rather than just putting everything in it and relying on the Heart of the Cards to save him.

17. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    His own skills aren't improving that fast but he's getting more and more cards. I wish he'd find more enemies to kill so he can level up some more. If he wasn't in such a rush he could take his time grinding on enemies to get exp. Always stuff to do, never any free time.

Bad Storm likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "who amongst the people I offended are you going to hand me over to?” lol

Well, even without all these morons Kirrlutz sent his way, he still has a massive monster army to kill.

19. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he going to kill them? I hope he gets plenty of exp if he does.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The gap between releases is so wide that I honestly don't remember the plan anymore, but I assume it involves killing a ton of them.