LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. molecule

molecule Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just come back from stockpiling chapter 1year ago and the translator changed. After reading the last 3 page of this thread i can assume that wolfie will post on patreon instead of his website?

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  2. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Wolfie post his chapters on his patreon. It's still the same rate of releases though so you'll have to be patient. It's higher quality though compared to Veratales. Veratales on the other hand have faster releases but lower quality (?). Though it's subjective since they translate the chapters to it's original style, so you'll definitely notice that nuance that common xianxias have.

3. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Veratales translation feels slightly better than MTL, and of course, it is nowhere near Wolfie.
    But Wolfie is doing something he shouldn't have done without the support of author and publisher - his idea had the great potential however he won't be able to finish the story despite the stellar quality of translations.

shurtugal18 and c0debreaker6 like this.
  4. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Veratales' translation is pretty good. Compared to some translations that I have read, the difference was staggering. Though they translate closer to the original, you'll definitely notice the inconsistencies and sudden jumps in logic by the author. I'm all for Wolfie's translation, but like you said he won't be able to finish the story, which have at least 1000 chapters, at the rate he's releasing the chapters.

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the MC summoning all of this crap? Has he just been stacking resources since the last time we saw him fight?

6. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ever played TCG, the resource material cards are renew at the beginning of your turn or new phase, in this case for the novel, it is refresh at midnight or something. Using these resource material, you can spend them to summon cards.

Now with other cards cards. Consume/Dead cards are discarded into two different piles. There's a graveyard pile, which character can be revived, and there's a removal pile where the cards are completely remove from the current game and cannot be brought back.

As for how Brandel is getting new cards, he was gaving missions to his men to go out collecting for them.

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. He's always stacking resources without us knowing. Every day gets him more resources.

8. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe where unlike TCG where your resource material gets renew, only allowing a fixed resource to use per turn, the system in the novel works more like an allowance of resources where he is able to stockpile it.

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know the actual resource numbers for chapter 340? They don't seem to have edited it and it makes no sense.

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean stuff like this?

They don't realize that it should be 16/60 because they're using bad raws and because they don't take a moment to think about whether the numbers are reasonable or not...

6378 -> 63/78
    1751 -> 17/51
    1155 -> 11/55
    050 -> 0/50
    3460 -> 34/60

Not sure about that 48 one though. I checked raws and it said 水元素48格. It might mean it's 48/48, i.e. no water element has been spent.

And while I'm not sure, it would make sense, since I don't recall Brendel getting any water-based cards, so obviously he wouldn't be spending any water element resources.

Though it's been a long time since I read TAS so who knows...

Vincent1873 likes this.
  11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I was a bit annoyed that they didn't correct it even after people complained. Didn't know I should have split them in half. Thanks.

12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Other common missing signs because of bad raws are +, -, x, and ~ signs.

Usually comes up a lot in game elements and vrmmorpg novels. Someone dealing 100~200 damage becomes 100200 damage, an area of 20 x 20 becomes area of 2020. etc.

So you can use it as a rule of thumb when reading gaming novels; if there's some out of whack numbers, try just splitting them up in two and see if they make sense.

Also, just to make it clear, the numbers were "split in half" from the beginning (or rather they were two separate numbers from the beginning), but for whatever reason some aggregators that rip off the raws from qidian etc. frequently ignore non-chinese characters which results in bad raws.

So it's not like the author actually wrote those big numbers and thought it was self-explanatory for the readers to split them up or anything.

It's just TLs using bad raws and not paying attention.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    c0debreaker6 likes this.
  13. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently the TL for this novel got contacted by Webnovel/Qidan. I hope this novel doesn't get taken by them.

14. Wowafay

Wowafay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, will it get locked by a paywall?

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, they're going to Webnovel. Looks like I'll have another story on the expenses there.

16. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Then go underground.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really a problem. Since I have multiple accounts I can easily follow the 6 or so stories I do over there. If I wouldn't be an issue at all if I didn't occasionally binge a new story.

18. Ogobski

Ogobski New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately..
    (TL note.. Veratales/The Amber Sword - v3c361)

Time to search for that "one piece" again. ;)

19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It's October 1st, and I still don't see any move. Did it get cancelled?

20. shurtugal18

shurtugal18 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's really sad what happened to this novel, lately the translation quality seems like they are using machine translation and then just editing the result. they are even splitting chapters just to make more profit.
    really sad

Astaroth and Wowafay like this.