LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. CruelOcean

CruelOcean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really like that? I left it around chapter 320 for them to accumulate but if it's turning into that then... :( /cry

2. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    because it was really MTL. Only Wolfie did not use it or something.

Wowafay likes this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Even the editing sometimes lets through a lot of basic mistakes. Most common mistake I see that points to MTL is mixing up on gender.

That said, it's November 1st and again no information. Did it get delayed again?

4. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,
    I've read this series a long time ago and recently wanted to read it from the start again, but it seems that Wolfie nuked both of his website, do you know where his translation of the first chapters are? I know that he post on his patreon but not the old chaps...

5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, try scribblehub if its not there, aggregators

6. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aggregators really. As much as aggregators are hated, they are the only way to read translated novels where the original translator nuke their site for various reasons. It's a love-hate relationship.

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  7. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I have no choice, aggregators it is, thank you for the help

8. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, it's unfortunate, since Wolfie translation of the novel is great.

Rou likes this.
  9. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Astaroth likes this.
  10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the summoning of the holy sword nerfed ver of amber sword?

11. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nerfed, no... that guy is actually far more overpowered... if anything I'd say is the most sexually awakened version... also, I'm not sure how it works in the Amber Sword but in SOTHS there's a proper reason why he is the one in the "game" world

firefox1234 and canaria23 like this.
  12. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its more like the opposite. The Amber Sword is the nerfed ver of summoning of the holy sword.

13. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Which came 1st?

14. Pirating_Ninja

Pirating_Ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to this site (which I'm betting is accurate), The Amber Sword came first.

They are extremely similar in a lot of different ways beyond both just randomly being dropped into a VR game they played for a long time, so I have to imagine SOTHS either ripped off (pessimistic) or was influenced (optimistic) by TAS. (Although since TAS ripped off MTG, can't really complain). I could give a long list, but afraid of spoiling so will just say that it is clear that the author for SOTHS was aware of the plot for TAS (or both ripped off another novel that I am unaware of).

Think the key difference is that the author for TAS is slightly better at actually writing the story, while the author for SOTHS is slightly better at setting up the story. Personally, not a fan of using a video game just to increase the word count by explaining basic gaming concepts, as well as the MC always having an inner monologue about how this or that is the same or different than the game, which both novels have. If I remember correctly, SOTHS was worse about the inner monologues, while TAS' addition of MTG cards takes it to an entirely more annoying level (now takes up space talking about both video game and card game mechanics all wrapped into one).

That being said, I like both (didn't want to come across as being a hater after everything I said above) and probably anyone who likes one will like the other, don't think there has to be a "you either like one or the other" type of dynamic. I personally have yet to read any two novels as similar to one another as these, that weren't written by the same author. Just wish they dropped the video game aspect, although I will admit that SOTHS later did build it into the story to the point where it isn't just a gimmick (don't know about TAS yet).

firefox1234 likes this.
  15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    What does mtg stand for? Magic the gathering?

16. Pirating_Ninja

Pirating_Ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I'm not fully caught up so I can't say for sure how it plays out moving forward. Where I'm at in TAS, it might be easing off the card aspect a bit, or rather, integrating it in a fashion that makes more sense for the story (at least I hope).

That being said, certain parts in Volume 3 felt like a weird version of Yu-Gi-Oh. Fortunately, it was pretty much in the background for volumes 1-2 or I would have really struggled to get into the series. Want to avoid saying too much, since as I said, the recent chapters I read developed it in a way where it could potentially work and not be some weird card-battling series. Also, I should point out, out of the ~650 chapters I read, only parts of two arcs (roughly 10-20 chapters total), had the awkward yu-gi-oh battling I was talking about (And I'm sure some people enjoyed those moments, just not my cup of tea).

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the life deck vs the death deck part? That's the only yugioh part that I read

18. Captain127

Captain127 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s been a while since I last checked this novel, probably a good few years. What happened to Wolfie? His website linked here didn’t work. Last thing I remember was him posting pictures of some of his sketches on his website when he was learning new art stuff. I’m curious as tracing some novels made me remember this and I really liked wolfie’s translation and editing work. He was having a hard time, I hope he’s doing well.

19. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone else started translating it. Probably machine translation and I think it killed Wolfie's motivation.

20. Rou

Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked his website and Patreon apperently his website got hacked and he will no longer post on it .But he’s still translating it infrequently on his Patreon for free.

https://www.patreon.com/SWolfie

Here’s the link if anyone want’s it.

Astaroth, LazyLuong and Wowafay like this.