Discussion The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by UKnoItsTrue, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. UKnoItsTrue

UKnoItsTrue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need some people to tell me about this book. I’ve gotten some recommendations how it’s like Trash of Count (which I love), and how good it is. Is this really as good as everybody says it is?

2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I like Amber Sword and consider it good ( the way Wolfie translates\adapts it). But I can't say it very much similar to Trash of Count, except that MC's have real life knowledge of the world they are in and that they have a team\kingdom? going on.

MC in AS doesn't have OP teammates from the start and the atmosphere is darker there. ToC feels more easygoing for me.

3. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Never read trash of count so no clue how it compares. As for amber sword, the MC isnt too overwhelming in power, but he does make up for it with his knowledge of his new reality is unrivaled. So far wolfie has done a wonderful job of translating the novel.

Victor DoUrden likes this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty far behind on it because Wolfie is slow as christmas - or was, seems to be much better now. But I like it. It's good.

What more u want me to say?

5. Zethiro

Zethiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just give it a try, after all not everything that the majority of people likes is what others like.
    Wolfie does a great work with Amber Sword, the story is fluid and good, ToCF is based on a novel, the MC is individually weak, but AS is based on an MMO, although the MC there starts weak, he looks to improve his own power, of course he knows too that just with his power alone can't reach his goals and since the beginning plans to grow his own "territorial" power.

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The only similarities with trash of the of the count family is:
    1) MC knows the future cause he played the game for 10 years
    2) People overestimate the MC due to how he behaves thinking he is something he isn't
    3) In some points of the novel, he has subordinates(or mostly summons) that are stronger than him
    4) It is western and there are politics and nobles involved

Other than that, they are pretty different in both attitude and plot.

That said, The Amber Sword is a pretty good novel.

Green Apple likes this.
  7. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good, yes. I think it reads more like I am the Monarch. I recommend it, won't go into details since it'll spoil it for you :)

8. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty much same beside the story is just a bit slow paced and not as easy going as tcf

9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    yep it is, the world building on it was also written well.

10. BLKCandy

BLKCandy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me TAS gets worse as it goes on. The plot armor was too darn thick. And the ridiculous lucky MC while also lament his 'worst luck'. Jeez! He got (almost) unique system which buffed him over the regular system in that world. Stacks of great artifacts and skills. Lots of strong companions. There was no set back, ever. Crisis ended up benefit MC party anyway.

Yeah, TNE also has mad luck. At least it admit that mad luck. But we don't get random fortunate encounter that much in TNE. MC just exploit his knowledge and luck.

11. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read the latest chapter on wolfie. i wonder if MC no longer want to be paladin type now? (rip ebdon lion emblem)
    since he talks about taking some ice swords and go dual wielding it with halran gaia.
    anyone know did he manage to get that sword or did he go back to paladin in the end?
    or even get a different kind of fighter job in the end???

*maybe i should put this on latest novel discussion, eh?
    lol