The Animal Kingdom is Rough

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scholar Occult Cauldron, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Would you survive out in a wild jungle with no technology from the outside?

1. I would dominate

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I would hide and survive

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I would be confused and eaten

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  4. I would freeze up in fear and die

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. There is no survival, humanity extinction eminent

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Just watching national geographic and other wildlife documentaries on YT, but then ending up finding this.

How much different would it be if we were smaller (or the countless smaller killers were larger)? Do you think humans would have been able to evolve to this point? Do you guys (and gals) think you could survive being in such a world (no cheats, magic, Qi, Tech, just pure human with RL max parameters)?

2. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Human ingenuity can adapt.

If not, then we weren't meant to survive.

4. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    hooman survived the wild during the caveman era did they not?its a worthless argument at this time.....its as worthless as some morons still believing flat earth and antivax......mankind is the tru cockroach....

MrSplashy likes this.
  5. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn’t we already go through that phase already? If we take a gander and say it’s so but it didn’t simply happen over night but was the reality we live in. I would say that it would be tough but probably not impossible already when we first started out it is believed that we could use/control fire to a certain degree and we used wooden spears with or without stone tips. Which could be used to pierce through animals though giant insect might prove deadly because of their carapace I am fairly certain we would stand a chance.

Though it depends on what size, if they were ”human” sized insects should probably be deadly but manageable to a degree, while an elephant sized beetle for instance would most likely be like a walking living tank and most probably unkillable with simple sticks or stones, unless some kind of trap was used, for instance a giant hole to starve it to death or having a giant rock fall of a cliff on it we could probably not even touch it until we made weapons out of metal or we ourselves evolved to have greater strength

6. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    You see in reality there is no chance for giant insects. The amount of oxygen in the atmosphere dictates on how big insects can get. So to just stay fantasy and all that then still yes. We got this far because we were smarter and insects don't really have much brain power. If they were larger then we have to consider the food chain and all that. The larger ones would be few as that's how ecosystems work. So we'll dominate and I would dominate since if it's max parameters then I can drink most clear water with no regards for bacteria and other pathogens since my body is 'maxed'.

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If humans were that small then I think we'd have problems with insects that swarm rather than lone hunters. Basically ants. They'd probably be our worst enemy. Or perhaps big animals that would eat a lot of us at once like birds or monkeys.

8. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, i thought you were making a pun

The Animal Kingdom is Ruff

9. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally speaking, I'm your everyday weak city girl. I born in the city and never leave the city except for the occasional vacation so it doesn't count. I think I will DIE. Like I don't know hwo to procure food, how ot make fire, how to KILL, how to cook without the convenience of modern cooking utensils (like stove). Hence why I think all those isekai manga where the MC is a NEET and can still survive is so full of bullshit. I still enjoy reading them though if there's another otaku that said "Ooooh I want to move into isekaiii" because they read a novel where the NEET MC can survive, I think they're horribly mistaken. We've been too pampered by the convenience of our modern technology, I don't think I could survive long enough to adapt in the wild.

10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Survival? We will evolve beyond surviving as a transient species. We will transcend evolution if given enough time, humanity will finally become beings unlimited to this planet's mysteries, and eventually, this universe's arcane. Unfortunately, you and I will die in this era. It's a pity for being unable to witness the apotheosis of mankind. I believe in human supremacy, that is, evil. Evil will always find a way. Granted, there will be sacrifices in taking this path of ruination. No longer will we strive to survive against nature, because in the final battle, it shall be nature that strives against us! Our existence shall be their doomsday. Mark my words, our ancestors shall conquer the stars above and below.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    As a member of the cockroach species, what are your thoughts on this statement Miss @LaDyViL?

12. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    i, myself, will probably die in early days

as for humanity, i believe high percentage they will survive and evolve. Most of us have average skill or ability or surviving skill but some people out there have strong surviving skills or abilities to survive.