The Anomalous Otherworlder

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Freiios, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Freiios

Freiios Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, this is my first written work. I've written only the prologue last week and I'm wondering whether it's well-written. Honestly, I currently do not have the motivation to continue writing it so there might not be any updates on this. It's a pretty generic plot, considering I've been reading a lot of novels with this type of genre.
    As long as I can write new chapters constantly, I'll probably make a site to host this work.

Title: The Anomalous Otherworlder

Synopsis: Seven lightning storms—the god Ver’ahn, used it in different areas as a signal in summoning seven chosen humans on Earth to be transported to the world of magic, Enidthar, as the seven heroes. In one of the areas that were infested by a lightning storm, a young man was accidentally struck to his death. With Ver’ahn regretful of the incident, he saved the young man from death’s grasp. The young man was resurrected and given some abilities for survival then transported to Enidthar as the eighth summoned entity. “Ah, I really messed up this time.” thought by the god when he noticed the implications brought by summoning another being from Earth. And so begins the life of the eighth otherworlder in the new world.

Genre: Fantasy (Will add others after working on the next chapters)

Table of Contents
    Prologue
    Chapter 1

EDIT: Work for this story has been stopped completely. Please do not expect any form of updates on this one.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. Freiios

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue

Prologue
    The Passing Storm​

—At a certain academy.

A laugh can be heard on the rooftop of an academy building. This sound was from a young man who’s sitting on the floor while leaning on the wall with his back.

He was a slender adolescent with a slightly long—nearly reaching the base of the neck, straight black hair which was a normal feature for a person of his age. The boy wore a pair of black-framed glasses. Not that he still has a bad eyesight but because he was used to wearing one.

His eyes showed his carefree and lazy personality with his round, pitch-black colored pupil but somewhat relaxed, and when looking at it directly one would feel as if it would suck you into the darkness like a black hole, but in reality his eyes showed apathy towards the real world. The facial features may be deemed as above average for a normal person and he’s also taller than the average students at his age.

Although his demeanor was a little bit imposing, he carried an easy-going aura with a hint of laziness that made him easier to approach. His worn clothes were of the academy’s mandatory uniform—a white long sleeves with a black cardigan worn on top of it and black pants.

At this time he was skipping class and just as he was about to finish reading his manga, the school bell rang.

“Ah~ finally classes has ended. I should finish this first then I’ll go home afterwards.”

The young man yawned as he told himself while starting to stand up and stretched his body to relieve his sleepiness. He looked up to the sky deprived by the darkness gathered by the rain clouds.

(Seems like it’s going to rain soon…)

◊ ◊ ◊​

In another world, Enidthar, it was at its final lunar phase that occurs every one thousand years then it would repeat again. This phenomenon was adopted into the calendars of the inhabitants of this world. Currently, Enidthar was experiencing its third solhielle. It can be compared to the solstice of Earth. And now...

1st day of Sehs (The 6th Month), 12th year of the 8th Lunar Phase. The 3rd Solhielle.

“… Your Highness! Haa, haa—”

A man was frantically shouting and running through the hall of a castle. This was the castle at the center of Arsehv Kingdom, at this time the people working inside were busy making preparations for the most important event of the kingdom—the summoning of the seven legendary heroes.

“Your Highness! The preparations have been completed!” shouted the man as he ran towards the throne room of the 34th and current king of the Arsehv Kingdom, King Reigis Esvosbus Arsehv.

The man seated at the throne can be seen to have an aged but calm appearance. This showed that he had weathered great storms with the passing of time, indicating a steeled veteran’s existence forged from the flames of war, this was cultivated since his youth until the present time of his reign in the kingdom.

He had an aloof expression, at the same time, occasionally showed off a kind smile. Giving off an imposing aura can be felt, it was normal for the leader of a country which can be said as expected of the title and authority of a king. His eyes full of wisdom, combined with his other features, showed a lot of charisma which greatly attracted a lot of supporters in his reign inevitably so.

“Fumu. Good! Receive my orders. Bring the seven divine artifacts to the summoning room and begin the summoning ceremony!” King Reigis nodded to his words and looked at his daughter at the side.

His second daughter, Princess Myria Esvosbus Arsehv, 14 years of age, has a chestnut brown hair—flowing down to her waist. She has the same imposing aura as her father, a noble-like stature but a hint of childishness can be seen due to her slender, currently-being-developed body and with the right size of her chest that was neither modest nor voluptuous made her even more attractive to the opposite sex.

“My daughter, I leave it to you. You mustn’t fail. This will decide our fate in the war against the demon race.”

“Yes, Father. Please leave it to me.”

(Haa, if only big sis Anya was here, the summoning ceremony would become easier.)

The princess muttered this to herself while sighing inwardly. Even if she frowned in her mind, she still maintained her noble demeanor and determined expression. The king and the royal court members headed towards the summoning room to initiate the ceremony.

◊ ◊ ◊​

At this moment— the formed rain clouds above the academy had lightning rolling and thunder rumbling within it. The young man on top of the academy building was about the head towards the staircase when suddenly, a deafening noise erupted near him. He flinched and looked upwards, only to see flashes of lightning heading towards him.

“Ah, cra—”

Zap! Zap! Zap! Kaboom!

Lightning relentlessly struck at him and the sound of explosion was heard on top of the building. His body was almost burnt to crisp—unrecognizably so, and fell limply to the ground. The lightning storm then started to disperse with the sky clearing. Unbeknownst to him, a magical formation with the size of the whole academy suddenly appeared on top of the building and completely, his remains disappeared into thin air.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  3. Doxis

Doxis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm.... Seems Interesting and it is a well written prologue. But if you don't have the motivation to continue it please don't. :# .It reminds me a bit about konojiki no wordmaster tho :p

4. brianf

brianf Pvt. Slime

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your writing is quite good. Would've liked to have seen more on where the story was going, like why the summoning had to have taken place, but interesting nonetheless. I'll be following your story! haha

5. Freiios

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your thoughts. I might post new chapters after I've written 5 chapters or so, but the writing pace is extremely slow.
    I even keep on rewriting them since I'm not satisfied with the quality.

6. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    don't worry.. look at me.. I have countless series in my mind that I have not yet finished and yet I keep on writing new series...

7. Freiios

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you'll be able to finish writing your series.

The only problem is that I keep on setting the bar high, which is why I keep on rewriting it.

8. Freiios

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahwahwhawh after a long time~
    Chapter 1
    Rebirth of the Eighth​

Within a purely desolate, darkness-filled dimension without any trace of light nor life—

Screams of pain can be heard resounding throughout the empty dimension.

“...Aaaghhhh!! Aaaaghhhhh—”

These agonizing screams came from a person whose body was completely burnt. At this time, the body of this person was merely floating around the dimension. This half-dead person was indeed the young man that was relentlessly struck by the lightning storm that had passed.

Back then, as his limp body was about to fall, a large magical formation appeared and he was teleported into this desolate dimension.

He couldn’t move his body and the pain he experienced was indescribable. The only thing he could do was grit his teeth and endure the pain. His screams of agony lasted for what it seemed like an eternity. His consciousness slowly faded as he kept on enduring the pain. Desperately clinging to life, he was able to only extend his life, if only a little bit. But this was proven to be a futile effort as he finally lost his life at this moment.

An amount of time passed, suddenly countless magical symbols were formed from the thin air and ‘it’ appeared. ‘It’ then muttered something to itself. This was normally inaudible, but at this desolate dimension where only the dark, cold nothingness existed, even thoughts from one’s mind can be heard throughout the dimension.

“【Gates of the Heavenly Domain】”

The young man was taken from the desolate dimension towards a gate that ‘it’ formed. The space distorted as they passed through it. Only after the magical symbols dispersed back to nothingness did the residual screams of agony disappeared from that desolate dimension as though what took place didn’t happen.

◇ ◇ ◇​

(Haa—!)

The young man gasped for his breath as he awoke from his unconscious state. He kept on panting while looking around the place he’s currently in. A pure white place where he can see nothing else other than himself, the place he was in seemed to expand outwardly to no end.

(What happened?)

Right now, he tried looking for clues pertaining to what had happened in his extremely confused state to make out the events that had transpired.

(I… should have been at the academy the whole time, right?)

He asked himself this question while trying to recall everything. The young man’s name is Shion Vaelkir, a 3rd year senior high school student at Northeastern Sky Academy. He was about to graduate after 2 months but with the things that had happened, the chances of him graduating and having a normal life is practically non-existent now.

“But seriously… Where am I?”

His body jerked in surprise when he suddenly heard something. On reflex, he turned his body around to look around.

Someone was walking towards him. It was a middle-aged man who stopped walking and was standing there, gazing at Shion as if he was an interesting animal. This person wore a long, white robe with golden ornaments. His wrinkled face seemed kind but indifferent at the same time, disconnected from the world as if he had already reached enlightenment but if one looked closely to his eyes, one can see the vigor and youthfulness of this man.

“Hello there, young man.” said by the middle-aged man to Shion as the former smiled brightly.

“You… must be confused right now. Don’t worry too much. As for your current state, I’ll explain it to you soon enough.”

As Shion heard his words, he relaxed, as though there really was nothing to worry about. It was as if his voice carried power that forcefully made him relaxed and cleared all the confusion in his mind. He saw that the middle-aged man just smiled afterwards.

In reality, the middle-aged man did indeed put some sort of power in his words. Emphasizing especially his words telling Shion not to worry. As for his aura, it did carry a comfortable feeling.

“Well well, take a seat for now young man, no... I should call you Shion Vaelkir.”

Shion looked around and saw a sofa near him that appeared suddenly. He was surprised, just where did this come from? he thought. Then he quickly noticed something unusual, the middle-aged man just said his name! His heart started beating fast and sweat began to force out of his skin pores.

The gears of his mind started to quickly turn and function properly. Usually, he doesn’t try to think but with the suspiciousness of what’s happening in front of him, it made him skeptical and triggered his mind to work at full capacity. He began to piece everything out like a jigsaw puzzle, every possibility considered and he finally arrived at the most probable answer.

“Mister, how.. how did you know my name? This place also, if my speculations are right, this place must be heaven right? You, mister… A-are you God?”

The middle-aged man, hearing him ask, let out a laugh.

“For now, take a seat first. Heh.”

“O-okay.”

“I guess I should introduce myself. Wait, do I still need to? I mean, you already guessed it right.”

“Eh, seriously?”

“Yes. But even though I’m what the people of your world usually call as God, I still have a name. I’m Ver'ahn. Nice to meet you, Shion. And yes, the place you’re currently in is what you humans call heaven.”

“Waa, so I’m really in heaven right now. I guess that means I really died huh. What a misfortune.” said by Shion in a downcast voice.

Seeing his reaction, Ver'ahn couldn’t help but laugh wryly. The guilt he felt was getting heavier by the minute. This was because he was the main cause of Shion’s death. The incident was purely coincidental, but this does not mean that he would be guilt-free. It made Ver'ahn feel miserable for Shion as his luck was really terrible at that time.

Ver'ahn couldn’t just say that he was the cause of Shion’s death outright. That is why he snapped his fingers, trying to call his subordinates. Five beings appeared from the thin air composed of three young men and 2 women. They would undoubtedly look like humans if it weren’t for their wings sticking out of their back. All of them had twelve wings each. They were a part Ver'ahn’s 【Holy Angels】 which he had created.

Normally, angels would have a pure, white wings untainted by evil, but a young woman from the five had a different color of wings. Her wings had a magnificent golden color which signifies that she was the leader of all angels created by Ver'ahn. They all kneeled down to him.

“Master, what are your orders?” asked by the golden-winged angel.

“Ah, explain to this young man—or rather, Shion, about what happened to him.”

“Understood, master.”

The golden-winged angel then looked towards Shion. She took out a scroll and started to read the words written out loud.

“Shion Vaelkir of Earth. 18 years of age. Have been living at **. A graduating student of Northeastern Sky Academy. Cause of death: Struck by lightning. Huh.. Young man, let me ask you something. Do you want to know the culprit who caused your death? Yes? No? Okay, okay I’ll tell you. The culprit is this person!”

The golden-winged angel said that as she facepalmed herself and pointed at Ver'ahn. Seeing this, Ver'ahn started to sweat profusely. The scene had become quite comical for Shion, that’s because he suddenly remembered the anime and manga he read that had the mystery genre and detective solving crimes scenes. But as he thought about it, he got mad. So he’s the one who did it... that bastard!

“O-oi, Safyre w-w-what are you saying? Why’re you telling him like that?! You’ve been reading too much manga again!”

“Shion, you can beat up this old man y’know?”

“I-is that so? Miss Safyre, I can really do that?”

“You seem a bit reluctant. Want me to do it for you?”

“Oi, you guys. Don’t just ignore me!”

“Heh, master, after all these years of overworking us, you still have the nerve to say that?”

“Oi, oi. What do you mean by that? Do cut me some slack. W-Wa-wait.. Gwaah!! Aaahhhh!! I’m sorry!”

“”“Wooh! Beat him up even more!”””

Cheers erupted coming from the angels as they watched Ver'ahn get beaten up to a pulp by Safyre. This was one of the unimaginable scenes in reality that was turned real. Satisfied as he was, the scene was burned into Shion’s mind as he pitied Ver'ahn. In Shion’s life, this would probably be his most unforgettable memory. Safyre stopped punching Ver'ahn after his face got completely swollen.

“Aaah~ That really released my stress.”

“I-i-it hurts… that was too much.” said by Ver'ahn as he rubbed the now swollen parts of his face. He then turned his gaze at Shion.

“Shion, no, Shion Vaelkir. What Safyre said was indeed true and for that, I’d like to express my sincere apologies. As you know, you should’ve died back then when the lightning struck you.. But no, I instantly teleported you to the desolate dimension I created trying to preserve your life. Who’d have thought that the moment I came to retrieve you, you’d lose your life? That is why I transported you here to the Heavenly Domain and resurrected you.”

“So that’s what happened.”

(What a misfortune indeed.)

Shion sighed inwardly and started to ponder on the events that had transpired but Ver'ahn continued speaking.

“Shion, let me ask you something. Were you satisfied with your life on Earth?”

“Umm, yes.”

“Stop lying brat. I can read your mind, you know?”

“Eh?”

The god Ver'ahn could indeed read anyone’s mind. Since he can, various feelings appeared when he met Shion. He was guilty when he accidentally caused Shion’s death, he laughed at Shion’s expressions when confused, and he was utterly surprised when Shion just sighed after knowing that the culprit was him. Ver'ahn obviously knew that this Shion was not normal compared to others in terms of mental resilience. He secretly admired this youth in front of him who is not sure of what’s going to happen now.

“I offer you two choices. Permanently stay here in the heavenly domain or live a second life in a different world. Which one will you choose? Actually, I don’t need to ask you this since I already know your answer to this question. But I’d still like you to say it. Heh heh.”

Shion quickly answered him.

“I’ve read far too many novels and manga that had main protagonists transported to another world. It’s one of my favorites. Of course I’d choose the second option, 100%.”

“Good, good. You decision is good and so is the timing of our meeting. Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess. What I meant about the timing being good is that, Enidthar, the other world I had created after Earth is conducting a ceremony for summoning their seven legendary heroes.”

“Huh.”

“Let me tell you something. The lightning storm you saw at your academy was the mark that someone nearby would be the chosen hero. But to think that an innocent passerby who’s not even a chosen hero would get struck accidentally…”

“Eh? I’m not one of those legendary heroes? ...Well, of course I’m not. I wouldn’t be here if I were really one of them.”

“Don’t be like that. I’ll impart to you some abilities and other stuff that would definitely help you survive there. But first..”

Ver'ahn called the twelve-winged angels that were currently idling around.

“Safyre and others, come here. Prepare a magic formation to transport Shion to Enidthar. Link it to the place where they summon the heroes. As for you Shion, I will now impart to you the abilities as part of the compensation.”

As he said that, he held out his hands towards Shion’s forehead. Dazzling light appeared within his fingertips and slowly went inside Shion’s head. He felt power surging within him, but more importantly he suddenly felt the strands of knowledge within his mind. It was giving him countless information—the language of Enidthar, information about controlling mana, how his abilities worked, and etc.

Shion started to check the abilities that were bestowed upon him by Ver'ahn, then he got intrigued at one of the abilities that was given.

Elusive Enshroudment

Is this some sort of hiding ability? Shion thought. As he checked the gathered information about this ability, his jaw dropped in awe. It was actually a divine ability! The thought of Ver'ahn giving this divine ability made him extremely grateful to him. He began to get excited and was about to know more about this divine ability but Ver'ahn suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

“Shion, you ought to leave right now. The mana from the magical formation for the summoning ceremony is starting to disperse back to the world’s mana vein. Let me remind you that I’m giving you unlimited freedom unlike the heroes who are bound by a quest. That means you can do anything you want after you get transported to Enidthar.”

“Yes, I understand.” Shion quickly replied.

“I must warn you though, you should not make contact with anyone for now especially the royalty of the kingdom you’re about to head to. They have knowledge that there are always seven otherworlders summoned to Enidthar every time. What do you think will happen if they knew that there was another otherworlder?”

“I might get treated as an enemy and be persecuted? And if I escape, they’ll probably go to any lengths to pursue and kill me?”

“That right. It’s good that you’re quite perceptive. Ah, you can probably make contact with the royalty and the summoned heroes but not in the instant that you’re transported there, okay? Be sure to hide your status as an otherworlder.”

Shion nodded and engraved the words to his mind.

Safyre led Shion in the middle of the magical formation. Ver'ahn and the other angels started to chant an incantation for him to be transported to Enidthar. There was a sudden burst of mana coming from the formation.

“A piece of advice kid! Use that ability you looked into when you get there!”

Orbs of light gathered around Shion then his body also began to transform into orbs of light. These lights flickered then began to disappear. The whole process only took a few seconds.

“Good work you guys.” said by Ver'ahn to Safyre and the twelve-winged angels.

“Heh heh. Looks like things will get interesting for a while.”

“What do you mean by that master?”

“I’ve look into a part of his memories beforehand. The kid’s pretty interesting. He didn’t even remember that he was the one who pulled the strings of a large incident in his former academy before the current one. That brat really needs to be aware of his abilities. He’ll then definitely do great things in Enidthar. That’s also why I’ve given him one of my divine abilities.”

“What?! Why’d you give him a divine ability, and which is it?”

“You shouldn’t worry too much. It’s just one of my hiding ones. Not a big deal.”

Safyre sighed in relief when she heard that.

“It’s a good thing that you didn’t give him a destructive one.”

“Nah, doesn’t suit him. Ah, I’ll take a nap for a bit.”

“Wha-? Get to work already master!”

Ver'ahn couldn’t help but cry in his mind because of the words of Safyre.

He began to contemplate for a second.

(Mhm, something is amiss. That kid… he shouldn’t have gotten struck by the lightning and died. His lifespan depicted it so... intriguing, quite intriguing heh heh heh. That person is definitely an anomaly! Looks like everything will begin to be interesting, I should pay close attention to him.)

Ver'ahn had a strange light in his eyes. The edges of his mouth began to curl upward and snicker in his mind as he followed Safyre and the other twelve-winged angels to begin their work.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  9. Novelty

Novelty Inactive Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shion! Your wish of being transported to another world has come true!