LCD The Avalon of Five Elements

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ryuubii, Mar 7, 2016.

1. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way whenever I see people have added all the novels by the same author that have nothing to do with each other.

on another note, are there any major differences between the translations? Because I want to know if I should reread the first 50 chapters or if I will be fine just picking up where the previous translators left off

Astaroth likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they've never been used, then that means that they've never been tested and its difficult, if not impossible, to say if whatever conclusions they draw after using the tools are actually true or accurate.

3. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation feels stellar under QI's because I feel like the vocabular is richer and the grammar better. Overall, a difference in editing but the actual translation is the same.
    You'll have no problem resuming from chapters 50 and upwards. I personally re-read the entire series under QI's translation just to remind myself of the plot and key points but it wouldn't be necessary.

monkey magic likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, he's more of a guinea pig than a disciple then ;)

I'm betting the problem with his sky palace is due to the sword embryo.

He should probably avoid introducing his teacher to any of his friends. Except maybe his first friend. That guy could do with some suffering after the things he's done to the MC.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
  5. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    The mere mention of sculpting for training made me think "What the hell, is this turning into "Legendary Moonlight Sculptor" ?

Anyway, funny Ai Hui having such a hard time since he's basically looking for himself.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Workshop or sweatshop I wonder ;)

So, is he going to be embroidering with pure energy, or will he be using his energy to move around actual needles?

Also wondering how that girl or the sand golem will react when they see him embroidering.

I'm surprised that guy has a girlfriend with the way he's been described up to now.

After he passes her test, I wonder if she'll try to poach him ;)

I wonder if he'll use these techniques to create miniature flying swords in the future.

7. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige All interesting observations, I agree with all of them. Hopefully he won,t create only needles out of elemental energy but an actual sword. With latest chapter how he's holding the hilt and the sword, maybe he'll display for all the ladies his swordmanship before struggling on weaving that muslim (but ultimately succeed before the 10 days.)
    I'd love to see the Old Lady's 1064 needles in action !

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he'd get more out of the sword embryo if he actually put more in. As is, he's been actively avoiding the sword, so its no wonder that the embryo hasn't been developing at a respectable speed.

Why didn't he ask about the parts that he didn't understand? She would obviously have tried to answer his questions. There was no need to hold back, especially when he has such a small time frame to work with. Its not like he didn't have questions after all. A large chunk of the previous chapter was taken up by them.

9. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess in his state of intense concentration, he could clearly see Mingxue's embroidery and "catch" the flow and the intrecacies of the weaving being done. I personnally wouldn't be surprise if he thinks of the needles as an extension of his swordskill and developa set of techiniques absed on embroidery.

10. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else expecting the bs, "exceed all expectations and successfully do what no one has done before". I hope it doesn't go the uninspired route. Would it really kill the authors not to hype up the difficulty of every task. Could have said it takes a least two weeks for newcomers to do that and he uses the sword as a crutch to do it. Then improve on some internal development by then shunning the sword until he can at least do it on his own.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'd be coughing blood, feeling gratified or be totally confused about what she should be feeling if she could hear his inner monologue ;)

Also wondering how much all that yarn was worth ;)
    I'm totally expecting it, but its always possible that he'll fail, but make enough improvement that she's still willing to teach him anyway.

I wonder why it doesn't occur to him that if it sells for 500k, it probably cost 400k+ to make. Also wondering how long it'll take him to make the connection between the cloth's cost and the value of all that yarn he took.

12. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as how he's so spun on the debt he already owes... Hopefully not too long ! I'd even wonder if there was a way for Ai Hui to "absorb" the elemental energy in all the yarns he took.

"Bangwan" in trouble now. He'll definitely not reveal himself and just "What the hell are you doing to this prestigious and mighty me !? I'm only visiting my classmate. How dare you confound me with a streaking low-life rascal?"

(Chapter 67-68 available on QI, just watch the ads *bleurk*)

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if there will come a day when he'll weave fabric while inside the pagoda, and if he'll be sitting at that time or if he'll have to actually do it while being flung around.

Given the way they locked already released chapters behind these ads, and the general hate for QI around here, I doubt many will watch the ads. It will cause a problem with spoilers in the LCD threads though :/

I wonder if she'll show up right as he's being arrested as a streaker, recognize his clothes and reveal his supposed name ;)

You know, they're both naked and exhausted and there's a woman they both know in the area who thinks that they're close. There's no way this could develop into a misunderstanding ;)

If his affinity was Wood, then why did he plan on going to the Pagoda to train as his excuse? Wouldn't he have been found out pretty much instantly?

So, they'll be naked in each others' embrace when she finds them. I wonder how the blood will factor into the conclusions she'll draw.

It occurs to me that things may not go the funny route. Now that the guard is involved, its possible that the streaker will be the first one to wake up, and that he could claim to have apprehended the criminal before dumping all the blame on the unconscious MC. I don't think it would work, but I could definitely see him trying it.

Hmm, humorous misunderstandings are looking less and less likely, but at least he won't be blamed for the incident in town.

I wonder if Mingxiu will be able to help him with that metal lump in his lungs, or if the author will simply have him have a massive breakthrough and absorb the metal naturally. I really really hope its the former. I'm just sick of developments like the latter.

14. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the author didn't hype the damn knitting technique so much. Would have been fine if it was a "week for talented persons who understand the foundation". Then with the sword buff it'd given him a pass on the plot armour. Must everything be so drab and super hard to accomplish?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    " If I am unable to defeat them, I will beat you instead, for provoking such a highly skilled enemy. " lol

Well, if nothing else, she'll definitely be teaching him everything she can, as thoroughly as she can going forward. I wonder how long it'll be until he can weave a cloth worth selling, and how much actual profit he'll get from it, assuming he sells it rather than using it himself.

I'm betting his teacher modified that testing suit ;)

He should taker her up on her offer. Just because he becomes a grandmaster weaver, doesn't mean he can't still fight people. It just means that people will be far less willing to to fight him ;)

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like, if he could figure out how to do that outside of his body, then he could make an absolute fortune, either by selling the technique, or by creating elemental stones and selling them. Since the cost is basically nothing but time, and making them would double as training anyway, they would be essentially free and thus the profit would be 100%.

Still, I think he'd be better off selling the technique and getting a quick cash infusion to clear his debt and fund his training for the next several years. He doesn't really have the mindset to make a successful business, even if Han Yuqin helped him with the paperwork, bureaucracy and networking aspects. Or he could just share the technique with Han Yuqin in exchange for a cut of the profits and let her worry about it. I'm sure she could figure out a profitable way of using the secret even if she didn't feel like starting another business herself.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That really doesn't seem like an item you should use without really understanding it. After all, it might have been a sacrificial or cursed item of some sort.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Three minutes is more than enough for any fight he should be getting involved with, but I'm sure he'll go over that limit at some point and suffer no lasting consequences of any kind for it.

I expect embroidery will be highly beneficial in training his hands.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he doesn't know what the words "irreparable harm" mean. Its pretty clear that the author doesn't.

Demonic Spoon likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he'll react when he loses again, and if his friend will try hitting on the MC ;)