LCD The Avalon of Five Elements

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ryuubii, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he got the sand golem to fake that jump or if he did it in some other way. Also wondering if that girl is going to be flirting with the her friend rather than the MC.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll ever find out about that movie of him being circulated and go demand his cut.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If footage of an absolute art in action is so rare and valuable, then wouldn't the family it belongs to be very upset with someone selling such a movie without their knowledge or permission?

He should use a sword if he's so worried about how much money he's wasting with his failures.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So movie beans are single use items? I wonder if that's helped or hurt the industry's profits.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long of a thread he'll have extracted. Also wondering how much of a cut he'll get of the profits from selling it, or if it'll even be sold. I could totally see the Mistress insisting on turning it into a piece of equipment for him. Further wondering if he'll be able to use his new breakthrough to extract a ton of silk and pay off his debt in one fell swoop. Though trying that might crash the market.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    " it implied that there was a five percent increase in efficiency" fifty percent, not five. No clue if the translator will see this though.

I'm mildly surprised that he got anything. The cocoon itself cost 200k, so the shop wasn't even breaking even with that thread. Of course, if he was able to extract another, then that would be a different story.

I wonder if his idea about spirals will wind up being incorporated into the Mistress' techniques. I doubt silk extraction is the only place where stability would be helpful in her craft.

Also wondering if the silk extraction could be sped up even more by improving the spiral technique, and if a machine of some sort could be made to do it instead. I expect a formation or whatever would be better at regulating power than a human ever would after all, and if it could be done, then the only limits on the threads' lengths would be the power supply and the size of the cocoon.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Duanmu Huanghun's grasp on reality is becoming more tenuous by the day. If he doesn't want to go insane, it would be best for him to leave Central Pine and never come back.

8. ninthlite

ninthlite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for duanmu, hopefully he will become MC's friend one day

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he had no faith in getting his money out of the guy, so why is he allowing the money to hold him back?
    I don't think spending time with each other is healthy for either of them though. They just rub each other the wrong way without even trying.

10. ninthlite

ninthlite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at the current rate it seems they are going to be enemies, and since mc is mc,duanmu is going to get fucked.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he wants to understand the sword embryo better, then he should just pick up a sword. Trying to enter the state without an actual sword is undoubtedly harder, and likely less effective/maintainable.

12. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he more wants to understand the nature of the embryo and get a better feeling without entering the blissful state unprepared.
    Based on his descriptions of that state he finds it very pleasurable and empowering. To me he's trying very hard not to get addicted.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was really Wu Qirong's fault. He didn't even invite Bangwahn after all.

So why is it that the MC always kicks this guy's butt if he's supposed to be so domineering? I realize that he was sick the first time and in a 2v1 situation with another privileged genius helping the MC, but since the MC could beat her too, I find it hard to believe that she added enough to the fight for them to win so easily if he was even half as fearsome as this chapter would have us believe.

Also, that embroidery disciple that's supposed to only be a few years older than him should be roughly the same age as this new kid, and she's not very well known at all. So if she could kick his butt and drive him to flee for hours on end, then I don't see why this kid couldn't do the same. Well, assuming he could get over his trauma anyway.

I think the author has a fairly poor grasp on the actual power level of this guy relative to everyone else.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that throughout his whole life, Duanmu Huanghun will not have a single, true friend.

Also, his plan of throwing 500 million at Ai Hui is as stupid as it will be ineffective. Honestly, he'll be super lucky if Ai Hui doesn't make fun of him for being an idiot after taking the money.

15. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man this story is good. Looking forward to more.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't it just say like 1-2 chapters ago that everyone in the workshop forgot he existed? How is he now everyone's idol?

I get the feeling that they're undercharging for the silk. I wonder what use someone has found for the scraps though.

Also wondering why he's producing shorter threads if he's now being charged for the materials. He must owe several million to the workshop by now.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like it would also be a really good material for making garrottes.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll wind up competing with Ai Hui, or coming up with a better shaft for his arrows, thus dramatically increasing his earnings? If its the former, I'm expecting him to be crushed. If its the latter, I'm expecting him to be shamed heavily.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's having to sell it at such a heavy discount, then I wonder why he sells it at all.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the moron will finally manage to destroy his own reputation during this trip.