LCD The Bears Bear a Bare Kuma

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a weird thought. :hmm: If hugging bear and swaying bear performed the fusion dance, wouldn't they become Monokuma? :notlikeblob:

Also, I wish Yuna would start exercising or learn magic, so that she can eventually live without the bear suit. :blobhero: Otherwise, she might eventually fuse together with the suit and permanently become Kuma-san. :sweating_profusely:

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she won't be able to do it. I mean if she could do it easily why wouldn't others? Besides the entire gimmick of the bearsuit would lose a lot of appeal

3. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, you mean Yuna-chan is a Junko Enoshima and she start killing all the loli? that's cruel you know :blobangery:
    Yes Loli! No Touch! :blobtriumph:

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is not already?

5. Shade Serpent

Shade Serpent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, it's been a while since we last seen her status screen. What level is Yuna at now or when will she gain a new bear power?

6. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like Bear powers are granted as event rewards, so who really knows, maybe this school festival will be enough for that trolling god.

7. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the 'bear' who level-up not Yuna-chan :cookie:

ongoingwhy likes this.
  8. Shade Serpent

Shade Serpent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She also has that bear ore she got from the mines. When will she go to the dwarf country to get it made into a weapon? And what will it be? Since she's a bear, I'm betting on claws for the costume. Another power up for the suit.

9. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As shown in the last translated chapters her mind defaults to bear. Others see her as a bear, everything around her is bear related and she now thinks like a bear. Everything is possible only through the Bear. Her artistic skills are the only thing not from the Bear but she uses them to draw and make bears so her and the bear are one. Anyway as she stated when discussing magic she'd be as incapable of casting magic as the innkeepers daughter (forget her name) if she didn't have her suit and Fina is more physically fit than Yuna without her suit so I don't think she'd be able to train up to a level she could be worth anything as an adventurer. Without her suit she can go all in on commerce but she can forget living as freely as she does now without paying out the nose for it

I don't think we'll see levels ever again but I believe she gets a new ability every 5 levels or so, so she's sitting at 20-30 last time I bothered calculating. Even when she gets new powers they aren't revealed until she needs them like walking on water so don't expect to see anything until she comes across an insurmountable problem

10. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got spoilers if you want them

11. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember the earlier chapters?
    She cant use magic(without the bearsuit) because she retained her earth body that doesnt have mana or something like that. Plus, i dont think a shut in gaming neet like her have the stamina for exercise.

12. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she has mana otherwise she couldn't use the bath without her suit due to the magic stones in the tap. She just can't manipulate it. Magic in the world is a combination of mana, manipulation and visualisation she can do all of those without her suit except manipulation.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  13. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Yuna is being careless here. Someone in her party might get severely injured. Oh well, at least now she'll either learn to never take off her bear suit or actually put in the effort to live without her bear suit.

She's just a lazy shut-in.

14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure she can use magic without the suit, but even then, the hand puppets boost it, she's still wearing those. It's only her physical, magical, and elemental resistance that's reliant on the suit, plus a few special abilities, like enemy tracking, or magic sight.

15. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She tried to physically train herself up without her suit but she couldn't do a single pushup and called it a day. That might be lazy but even if she dedicated her whole life to training she'd never match her physical abilities in the suit even when it was level 1. To her credit her skills with blades are all her own and not a result of some suit given ability

When she first tried to learn magic she discovered that the suit got the ability not her.

16. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you referring to the current chapter or the story in general. I'd say the compromise she's found of wearing only the gloves and boots still leaves her quite formidable. She keeps the speed, unlimited stamina, magical defence, magical offence and physical strength and defence but loses mapping, awareness of enemy presence, expedited mana restoration, body reinforcement magic and temperature resistance. Also her defence is restricted to catching attacks with her gloves rather than full body armour with the suit on

Nearly forgot she keeps the ability to summon her bears and probably keeps the water walking (which l still find a strange skill for a bear)

17. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres a manga if you havent read it yet.
    For the dress on the current chapter, its a normal dress but Yuna is wearing the bear gloves and bear shoes.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I still think she can use magic, or train physically for fighting, but the suit made it so easy, that it feels pointless. So she just hasn't tried to feel magic again since she first learned to cast bear spells. She would just be a shut-in relying on delivered food, if she had to feel the fatigue of walking without her bear shoes.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  19. Sgo J

Sgo J Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's weaker than Fina without her suit and is on par with an ordinary person as far as casting magic goes i.e. she can't. She won't be going on any new adventures or finding new ingredients if she discards the suit and trains herself. She probably won't even achieve Deborane level in her lifetime. As for magic she tried the light spell with her bear glove and without and could only do it with, so I think magic outside the suit is impossible and even if it were possible the effects would be vastly inferior and she probably would have a lot less MP to use

20. ongoingwhy

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone needs a divine bear punishment. :blobspearpeek: