Spoiler The Beloved Imperial Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Aug 20, 2018.

1. maoushoujouriria

maoushoujouriria Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where to get the raws of the story? i wanna read this so bad.

2. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    stumblmer and Lishasharma like this.
  3. chrismacks

chrismacks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to mc sister

4. Guang_bao21

Guang_bao21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me everything iss your choise. And for me, I don't hate polygami but still I don't want to share my husband with another woman. So, if I need to choose I'd rather leave the palace and be a doctor or traveling around the world well it's ancient tie you know, there are many beautiful place.

5. maoushoujouriria

maoushoujouriria Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so ever much for the link

6. Sasakira

Sasakira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happend to her family after she enter the wangfu and become a concubine?

7. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    Why so many @

8. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed if I had to share my husband I would much rather divorce the guy

9. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except she can't do that and become a wandering ghost soul after she dies. Instead, her initial plan was to marry a small time scholar and live a peaceful live but that jade thingy had to interfere. Since she had to marry the Prince, she decided to do so with some backup plans and revenge for the original owner of the body. What I like about this scenario is her way of adapting to her circumstances without losing her mind, falling head over heels for some stud horse from the get go. :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  10. joun

joun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at first, i felt the same. The MC was funny, witty, smart and still believable. But after a while, she turned really annoying, not respectful at all and insulting to the ML (who turned masochist, accepting all her shit).
    After 2 kids with the guy and a lot of smut, you cant feel that she have any feelings of love at all for the ML. She is playing him and always thinking about looking for another thigh if he dont favor her anymore. How is it believable ? And she always test his limits, is gullible at his reasons for jealousy (because she have no empathy at all).

I am curently at chapter 235 and i am grinding my teeth... I will come back after finishing this novel.

But frankly, everything is great, except for the MC (at times only). I should have not read too mush at once.

11. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always choose not to read it. As for me, though I don't like harem, I can read on if it's written well enough. I do understand this too

Even at the start, she always had a calculative mind. Take note, she didn't enter into this hoping to fall in love. She went into this wanting to survive and getting the karma for the original owner of the body. And, I find it amusing when people easily say for her to start a business since she's a modern day woman. For me, as an average person in the modern day world, how the fuck would I start a business when, logically, I don't even know how the government is run at the time? Plus, she can't really get a divorce. Hello, he's a prince. Offending him is ending her family who aren't that influential at all.

For this novel, I appreciate seeing a royal harem story that actually makes sense. Where MC can't just face slap people because she actually isn't a Mary Sue. Looking forward to more translations. They're pretty good at it too.

12. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    I am now in chapter 78 of the raws and as I understand it, the both of them were doing so well together but then an issue came up where one of the ML's concubine's sister claimed that ML kissed her and MC heard about it. MC teasingly asked ML about it and he gets offended that she asked something like that and feels that she's turned arrogant after being spoiled by him. So, he says something along the lines of, "What business is it of yours?" implying that she should know her place.

Then MC changes from there. Though she felt that their relationship was going well, after hearing something like that from him, she starts to think that all of those moments they had together was not based on his feelings at all but the fact that he was just enjoying himself and was only treating her as his concubine. So, from there, she wipes out all sentimental feelings for him and sees things in a more pragmatic manner.

ML, meanwhile, just felt offended that she had to ask something like that when he obviously has shown attachment to her already. When will he ever get time to show attachment to a different woman? Cold War ensues until it culminates in ML acting like he's going to sleep with one of his concubines. Inside the concubine's room, he waits for news about MC's reaction to this but is angered upon hearing that she didn't even care and just slept early that night.

Furious, he leaves concubine's room without having done anything and confronts a sleepy MC. "Didn't you hear that I was in a differen't woman's room tonight!?"

MC, confused, answers, "Yes, I was told you would be sleeping somewhere else tonight."

ML, angrier this time, asks, "Is that all you have to say?"

"What do you mean? Who you choose to be with is your decision after all."

It was then that ML realizes that he had always wanted to have a concubine who knew her place. Who didn't question his choices and didn't act out of her place. Ironically enough, he finally gets a concubine who does know her place in the form of MC.

Well, he has nobody to blame but himself. This is the part where MC gets more calculative as well as ML.

13. Sasakira

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens after that?

14. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    He somehow manages to stop the Cold War but not fix the underlying problem. Even then, they go back to before the Cold War and act sweet with each other. He still only really dotes on her. And, from what I understood from the mtl, he never sleeps with other women. I'm not sure if I understand it right, but he was bestowed a bride by the Emperor. Later on, he gets married and I have a suspicion that he gets another man to consummate the marriage. The only reason why I think so is because, during the wedding night, she faints and it's implied he slept with her. Second time, he turns off the candles and does a little foreplay but then steps out to tell somebody, "Deal with it."

NOTE, I'm not sure I'm understanding it right so don't trust me on that haha. Also, by this point, MC is prego again. I think a month or two after she gave birth. Yikes. If you think this is impossible, I actually have cousins who are 9 1/2 months apart. -_-

Aquaa, RBJ, stumblmer and 13 others like this.
  15. Sasakira

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wonder about the wangfei.
    Is she good? Will she become an empress? And what would happens to her?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  16. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually not sure. I haven't read that far yet. But to answer the question, I don't think the wangfei is good. In fact, she was talking to her mother before the wedding and telling her mother that she'll be fine. In fact, she says MC's son is so young anything can happen. I think she's planning to somehow have the child killed. So far though, she can't even find an opportunity to spend time with ML because he always goes to MC.

-NEAR-, Aquaa, RBJ and 8 others like this.
  17. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind open business, I don't even think that I can survive ancient toilet plus living with no electricity, no internet, no mall, etc.

Readers are used with MC who opens shops and earns living in novels. So it's kind of expected. Well, if woman transmigrate to past, better hope that it's Tang dynasty that is considered golden age of woman era in imperial China. You don't want to end in the era where you have to bind your feet, or widow suicide

18. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I watched a documentary before about psychological trauma and whatnot and it's been discovered that, when a person is placed in a situation out of their control, most often than not, they instinctively adjust to survive. Doesn't matter if there's no electricity, no net, no easy access to what you're used to, your brain will adjust accordingly and you live with what you got.

Which is probably one of the reasons why my brother doesn't like transmigration/isekai stories. Especially those who are morally upright characters. When they get dumped into a culture where slavery/war is the norm, they stick to their original mindset and ignore what's in front of them.

Anyway, sorry for getting off tangent.

kylanex, RBJ, Sabruness and 13 others like this.
  19. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more :blobpeek:

Sasakira and midnight reader like this.
  20. seawaterwitch

seawaterwitch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love spoilers. Please do more. Thank you in advance.

Can he get rid the wangfei? Why can't she be the Wangfei after being a Cefei?

bleedingliar24 likes this.