Spoiler The Beloved Imperial Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please spoil some of the scheming the main wife does against the MC :D
    And can you also spoil some of the schemes of that Shufei Wan wan something who is reborn?

2. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww ;A; I find it super sad that ML resorted to those pills. Did he find out about MC saving his life in the end? What happens after that?

Also, i love when those two have a convos to define their relationship, like when ML asked what would MC do if he touched the main wife and MC just wanted to settle as 2nd best. Did they ever have anymore of those heart to heart after that?

Assassin997 and proudyleo like this.
  3. Lola.

Lola. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing much really, as HLMM is a weak character and not necessarily as vicious as the other villains

the one that disappointed ML is when she agree to join force with her half sister to harm MC, she wrote a letter which was intercepted by ML’s shadow guard. The other instances are just here silently stood by when MC in a hard spot. Or when she know MC was going to be hurt, her silent is an accessory to it

I had a hard time understanding her plot, she’s crazy and like to talk to herself LOL she’s actually working with the enemy country, just so she can be with the ML. She tried to frame MC (who was actually hiding behind a persona as 6th prince side woman at the war border, by saying she (the persona) is an enemy spy. Of course the ML didnt believe it, as he knows that lady is actually MC.
    She plant spies in the 6th prince palace, and her outward obedient nature really aroused the MC’s suspicion.

4. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well seems like i missed a lot...was busy reading RUYI and CALLA on wattpad..i have read those stories so many times and can never get enough....well long story short ...i desperately wanted to know what happened in the end so read the last two chapters...gonna read the whole novel now though... the name of their daughter was rong ruo....when cheng qing was 10 years old...she was three and half or around three years old from what i read...

5. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know
    it’s off topic, but is Ruyi any good? I been avoiding that story thinking it’s mostly a tragedy and that the MC suffers a lot... do I need to prepare myself for a lot of crying if I read it?

6. Varsha0907

Varsha0907 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm actually MC did suffer a lot before marriage but...after marriage ML doted on her a lot....like i don't wanna spoil it for u..but he stopped visiting her concubines n was focused on ruyi only...MC has such a pure heart and ML kinda fell for her bcoz of this...it's a very good story u shld definitely read...
    Btw if u have time do give a shot to BOUND by crimsondragin ....the romance is so good in this...words can never suffice how much i love valerio and amara❤❤❤ these two are OTP really

RBJ and stumblmer like this.
  7. SleepOnMarshmellows

SleepOnMarshmellows Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    love the FL!!! can't wait for her to actually fall in love with the ML :)

poor Min Min...

8. Jaikly

Jaikly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruyi is good, addictive.

stumblmer likes this.
  9. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://xima.tv/2QG5c4

Link to the ximalaya version i listened to. Not the best but it’s got the most chapters recorded.

10. stumblmer

stumblmer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I applaud that your country bans polygamy but frown that there would be prejudice towards widows/divorced ....

And regardless of modern knowledge she has, MC was still thrust to ancient times where woman were more liken to commodities without full rights than recognised as proper citizens. Misogyny and Confucius really screwed women rights .... Even the sense of property ownership by female is skewed or willfully manipulated since the patriarchal or marital family could often supercede a daughter or wife's rights under the guise of virtuous obedience to father/husband/son/elder relatives (and I don't mean chattel jewellery, cloth, furnishings/decoration).

It's funny to imagine we as modern and educated people would be able to outwit and roll roughshod over ancient societies, but the reality would be vastly different since the modern minded person would be overruled by the majority's social norms and rules (the many outnumber the few) .... Also, much of modern knowledge is useless in an ancient world unless someone happens to have wide hobbies and mechanical knack to be able to implement most modern techniques or methods, even wood-fired cooking is vastly different from electric or gas cooktop for learning curve of controlling open flame heat but stories disregard that complication. Most business methods would also be hampered by not only the laws of the day, but also what the masses would be willing to accept.

It is fiction and also light fantasy fiction for amusement, but it can still give readers a chance to reflect on social and moral commentary with some critical thinking....

nicomcla1995, WB and haweii like this.
  11. stumblmer

stumblmer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's our modern beliefs and values that make us believe it should be easy or staightforward for MC to leave her family clan or palace to live a free life .... Reality is, the law would hunt her down and could easily execute/fatally punish her in ancient feudal times. Even escaping the palace could implicate her family clan to be punished.

And the beauty of the ancient world scenery would also have to be offset by risks and dangers of being a lone woman without protection .... She doesn't have super martial arts and unclear if she has any shadow group nurtured by her in secret .... Robbery and rape aside, a woman of those days would need to be lucky to find a welcoming village/town that did not persecute outsiders, let alone find methods to earn a living (probably under the risk or harm of local corruption) or avoid other men using misogynistic rules and social norms to force conformity of women to become wives, concubines, slaves or what have you.

12. Humbledaisy

Humbledaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering when that pill would show up - thanks for the heads up!

13. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which country is that exactly? And what’s wrong with being a widow/widower? Or having children from a previous marriage?

stumblmer likes this.
  14. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen with her sister who is the concubine of the other prince?

pokapoka and ferrelrose like this.
  15. pokapoka

pokapoka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

Can anyone spoil me on He Lian Wei Rui - the half sister to HLMM? The translator said she is a formidable enemy to MXY, does anyone know anything about her schemes and downfall and end?

16. Ginonymous

Ginonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m still reading it and MTL is confusing but I know she partners up with the 8th prince who, if you remember, was deemed by MXY to be the most formidable opponent to ZZL in the previous life. The 8th prince specifically chose her bc she tells him she can handle MXY and is just as good, if not better than her (he acknowledges he needs someone clever like MXY in his backyard to help him against his brothers). He intended to marry her but before he could make his specific intentions known to the emperor, MXY (in response to HLWR trying to stir up rumors and trouble for her) maneuvers things so that the emperor ultimately has her sent to the 8th prince in a low rank. MTL translates it as a servant but I’m not sure if she actually enters as a servant or perhaps as a common concubine. I haven’t gotten very far from this arc/plot but so far, the first several times HLWR tries to act against MXY backfires on her. Where I am right now, she has just acknowledged to the 8th prince (who is very upset about her missteps and wonders If she actually is as capable (aka useful) as she claimed) that she underestimated MXY and needs to be much more careful in her dealings with her.

17. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have further spoilers on HLWR schemes and ending? Will she tangle with MC even up to the end (as she was supposed to be her most formidable enemy)?

Sabruness and pokapoka like this.
  18. pokapoka

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!

19. pokapoka

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers on 8th Prince and He Lian Wei Rui?

Sabruness likes this.
  20. Faithisi

Faithisi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did ML take in He lan min sister as a concubine since she has the same foutune as MC being the Phoenix