Discussion The Best Bad Novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by HappyHavak, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a topic that's been bouncing around my head the last few days. So everybody knows that there are A LOT of bad cultivation novels right? Now which ones are bad is generally up to personal taste, but there are A few that everybody agrees are terrible (Cough peerless martial God cough). So answer me this, out of these generally awful novels are there any that you would consider your favorite anyway? It could be for any reason, one particular character or just one arc that you enjoyed as long as it fits into the general 'bad' category.

Beltran likes this.
  2. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial God Asura story in the beginning is very good but later become bad especially overused plot, useless "repeated" explain thing that we reader already known and aware long ago

4. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as I hate the shitty background of the mafia doing body/spiritual modifications making monsters of humans in search of a super soldier and only the mc with his sword and "cultivation" can damage in the whole police dept. being a supposedly vrmmorpg wn (in which everybody hates the mc being the top of his city player list so much just because He is not rich making the game company nerf his equipment stats) Zhan Long is quite a good read (just omit the bosses stats and info text wall)

5. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the Gods. It's not a well written or surprising title, but I still look forward to the chapters anyway. Plus is one of the few stories out there were I actually like the harem aspect. The girls tend to have a personality, and aren't easily interchangeable in my mind.

Also True Martial World. Usually I expect a writer's second book is better than their first. Not so with TMW. It's a real step down in quality compared to Martial World. Shame cause it started out great. Then the left his first main school and the story has since been rinse and repeat. So many random jumps into areas where Yi Yun gets powered down for a bit and underestimated. So many power ups where you wait for ten-twenty chapters for him to let loose so you can get an idea how how powerful he is. So many random characters that get built up to the point where Yi Yun feels like a side character in his own story. Still, I enjoy the story as long as I wait a month between binge readings. Otherwise you'll drown in the filler.

6. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaotic sword god was a guilty pleasure of mine, but in the end, I dropped it lmao. There's only so much throat slicing and filler b.s a man can take.

Maraderchik likes this.
  7. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaotic God Sword
    Warlock of the Magus World (from pirate ark)
    God and Devil World
    Tales of Demons and Gods.

8. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG Maybe it annoy me alots especially latter half of the story but i'm still stacking up chapter probably pick it up again later when story going somewhere (i hope)

9. SSMachine

SSMachine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Return from the immortal world - It has some good parts every 50-100 chapters and in between are some meh plot, which makes you look forward to the good parts even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.