Spoiler The Bloody Merchant Empress and the Cold Husband’s Forceful Doting

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by chamchaworld, Jan 28, 2020.

1. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Bakamanga link: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=155826

Synopsis:
    Nan Yun, a daughter of a merchant, fell in love with general Huo Mingcheng, ascending to the throne as Empress. However, she did not expect Huo Mingcheng to turn against her and kill her after finding a new love. The snows of June allowed Shang Yue, who had wrongfully died, to be reincarnated.

Her first thought after reincarnating is for revenge. She cannot let the tragedy of her past life happen again. Her cold exterior slowly falls apart at the hands of Yan Zechen. Unknowingly, she has fallen in love with Yan Zechen who has been quietly protecting her. But it seems they already met in her past life...

How she's got her revenge? Have this novel translated to english?

2. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as emperor isn't ML i need all the tea

KriFiLinah, michoux, Skyelyne and 2 others like this.
  3. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. I kinda got 'shitty ML' allergy lately.

michoux likes this.
  4. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
  5. emovampgirl135

emovampgirl135 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil?!?!? I’m really curious about her dads new mistress!!!

6. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    kurohamukami, Jeanne_DG and Alicee like this.
  7. Melange

Melange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only on ch 122 but so far...

Fifth Prince: Wen Huaxu (MTL name) = Ye Xu (possible TL name?)
    Fifth Prince's Guard friend: Yin Feng (MTL name) = Duan Feng (TL name??)
    Yin Feng's lover: Shui'er, a prostitute
    Shui'er's best friend: Ye Yu (later renamed Chu Yu)
    Transmigrated girl: Bai Xiao
    Random merchant prince: I can't remember his name, he has a monkey and lots of sisters

Her father's concubine Yang Rou is a secret agent from another country. She used some type of medicine to control his mind and become his concubine in order to find something in their household. However, Yang Rou doesn't even know what the item is or what its significance is. She escapes without giving the antidote, but Nan Yun just takes her dad to the doctor Yun Youzi and cures him. Parents go back to being lovey dovey in front of their daughter, gross.

Nan Yun goes to a garment store to buy a dress for the Empress' birthday party and sees Zhu Yao arguing with the clerk as her clothing is too small. Zhu Yao accuses the store of messing up her order, but Thirteenth Prince shows up and calls her fat. Zhu Yao demands to see the owner, who turns out to be the Fifth Prince, Wen Huaxu. Turns out, she just got fat. Zhu Yao leaves without buying the clothes and Wen Huaxu gifts it to Nan Yun instead. Yan Zechen becomes jealous as he thinks Nan Yun likes the Fifth Prince.

Then they go to some festival and Yan Zechen confesses his love to Nan Yun but she turns him down as she believes he's a liar and a lecher. She tells them to be friends instead and Yan Zechen agrees but says he won't stop loving her. They part ways, and Yan Zechen goes drinking with Wen Huaxu -- they turn out to be childhood friends. Meanwhile Nan Yun has her purse stolen by a monkey at the festival and she meets the merchant prince (who says he's only a traveling performer), and agrees to meet up with him the next day for god know's why.

Some background is given about Wen Huaxu where he's known as an infamous lecher, openly seducing ladies in the streets. Yan Zechen became known as a lecher as well because one time when Wen Huaxu was seducing a lady, the 9 year old daughter of some military guy decided she wanted to marry him and threw a watermelon at his face... The girl thought that since he accepted the watermelon with his face, he agreed to marry her (??) and since then he's been known as a pervert. After a while the girl gave up but started writing BL novels about Yan Zechen x Wen Huaxu. Wen Huaxu finds out about this and bribes one of his maids to buy some of the BL novels for him. ;)

Yan Zechen shows up at Nan Yun's courtyard later and he throws his friend under the bus they share stories about Wen Huaxu. Apparently the Fifth Prince used to be a good kid until one of his sisters gave him a story about a some hero monk and after that Wen Huaxu decided he didn't want to be a prince but a hero instead. He decided that he would wear white clothes and hold a fan after that and made Yan Zechen follow him. They went to the streets to fight crime and save ladies, but there wasn't any crime to fight and they got alms instead since everyone thought they were beggars.

Nan Yun and her maid Shao'er go out to breakfast at a street stall. They happen to see Wen Huaxu who is in the process of seducing the stall vendor. Wen Huaxu tries to save face but it's too late, Nan Yun already knows his true nature. His guard Yin Feng shows up and scolds him for being a lazy slacking prince, but the prince won't have any of it and takes them all to see a play instead. (n)

While at the play, someone comes to inform Yin Feng that his lover Shui'er has been injured. They go to the whorehouse where she lives and find that Shui'er has been saving herself for Yin Feng even though he told her not to wait for him. Her friend Ye Yu tells everyone that Shui'er has been drugged and auctioned off to a man, who raped her. She subsequently tried to commit suicide by jumping out of a window. Yin Feng kills the man and is taken to prison.

Nan Yun sees this scene and decides to help the girls because she remembers something about Ye Yu in her past but can't recall what it is, only that it can contribute to Hou Mingchen's downfall, so she buys Shui'er and Ye Yu. Everyone thinks that Nan Yun's dad is the one buying them using Nan Yun's name because his wife is pregnant (poor dad, getting caught up in the mix). Ye Yu and Nan Yun strike a deal, where Ye Yu will join Lingge and become one of Nan Yun's people. In exchange, Nan Yun will bring Shui'er to Yun Youzi to be healed. Nan Yun isn't sure of Ye Yu's true identity, but remembers that her name in the past was Chu Yu, so she renames Ye Yu to Chu Yu.

Unbeknownst to Nan Yun, it was Ye Yu (Chu Yu) who caused Shui'er to be raped. Ye Yu is in love with Shui'er, but when she saw Shui'er fall in love with Yin Feng, she became jealous. Thus, Ye Yu sent a secret message to the man and also convinced the old madam to drug Shui'er, leading her to be raped. Ye Yu decides that the current outcome is Yin Feng's fault and decides to get revenge on him.

Nan Yun meets up with the prince and his 123093845345 sisters. They go to some island on a boat or something and an assassination attempt is made on the prince? The assassins ask if Nan Yun is willing to sacrifice herself for the prince and Nan Yun goes HELLLLL NO I'M NOT GONNA SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR A MAN I JUST MET so they let her go and she swims back to land. She meets up with the prince's people .. or something.. I dunno, it doesn't seem very important yet.

Bai Xiao is a transmigrated girl from modern times. She randomly woke up next to a dead old man with no memories of her host's life. Somehow, she finds out about Nan Yun and shows up while Nan Yun and Shao'er are eating lunch; Bai Xiao proceeds to eat all their lunch and convinces Nan Yun to hire her as a maid. Bai Xiao tries to convince Nan Yun to create a supermarket, to which she agrees. However, Nan Yun realizes that Bai Xiao is not from the area as she constantly references things like "mobile phones" and "ancient people."

Later, Bai Xiao is at the market with Shao'er when they're harassed by a gang. Bai Xiao issues a verbal beat down, but ultimately chooses to run away with Shao'er as the men chase them. They run into Wen Huaxu and the gang leader falls in love with Wen Huaxu since he's more beautiful than the girls... Wen Huaxu is in a bad mood so he hypnotizes the gang leader to behead himself on a patrol officer's sword. He then blackmails the patrol officer into becoming his informant.

While this is happening, Bai Xiao tells Shao'er that she will become Wen Huaxu's official wife. She whispers to Shao'er her plan to make him fall in love with some CNovel/otome game script, but Wen Huaxu has superhuman hearing and tells her it wouldn't work. She runs away embarrassed.

Sorry, no screen time for you. Nan Yun only wants to use you to put her gal Ye Yu in Lingge. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  8. Melange

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah forgot to mention

There's a lot of flash backs about Nan Yun's life in the harem. In her previous life, she became despondent due to harem life but someone encouraged her during that time and saved her life. She doesn't know who it is, but if we're honest, it was probably Yan Zechen.

Also Nan Yun's mom saw Nan Yun's previous life in a dream but didn't see who the emperor was. She believes that Nan Yun married one of the current royal family members so she suggests Nan Yun marry someone with a dead end instead... someone like Hou Mingchen. Nan Yun shuts her down by telling her about how Hou Mingchen killed all the villagers during the plague.

9. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my gooodd!!! i need more please!!! and about that chu yu fellow who is jealous and the reason why shui'er got raped... what's their ending??

10. Melange

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh to be honest I dropped this because

The writing is terrible. For whatever reason the author cannot keep a story straight and just puts random shit in the story never to follow up again. Here's a list of the random things that happen.

- MC gets kidnapped by Yang Rou's group and gets rescued by ML + Fifth Prince

- Insert some random story about some prince who was supposed to get married to a princess but then the princess professed her love for her twin brother on their wedding day and they both committed suicide. The author might have been setting up this character to be Bai Xiao's love interest but then nothing came of it.

- Bai Xiao disappears during this time because turns out the original body's owner was part of the group who kidnapped MC... and takes control of her body again? Then she doesn't show up again and everyone is none the wiser. Hey, remember that maid that we had who said she was gonna help us do some stuff like make a department store or something? Nope, it's like she never existed.

- Shui'er, Ye Yu, and that random merchant guy don't show up again... and nobody seems to care either. I have literally no idea what happened to them, I guess MC just let the two girls bum around in her house or something idk. MC totally forgets about her plans to do anything and just becomes a damsel in distress after this point.

- Yin Feng actually gay for Fifth Prince and slits his wrists cause prince boo boo don't love him, but then when he's bleeding out prince realizes he loves him. Oh yeah, he's also some crazy strong general who was the prince's teacher but they got some angst cause Yin Feng ask the prince to marry him and the prince said no. After he survives his suicide attempt he only has 7 years left to live cause it harmed his liver or some shit. Prince asks MC to take care of him and MC is like cool... but doesn't ask the god doctor to fix him or anything cause that would solve too many problems, y'know?

- ML's sister shows up and becomes the second FL but everyone really sucks at communication so half the characters think she's ML's lover and misunderstanding ensues. Also MC hates her because ML's sister is super friendly and hangs out with her too much?

- Remember the Thirteenth Prince? Lmao, I don't. ML might have been his teacher at some point but guy gotta be the worst teacher ever cause he just goes back home to Lingge -- which turns out to be an actual pavilion in some part of the town... you'd think an espionage group would be hidden or something but they just got a big ol' mansion in the middle of the city with a Lingge sign on the door.

- Tons and tons of random chapters about Hou Mingchen cause why the hell not. Stories about how they used to be in love etc etc everything was all roses and daisies and MC being all boo hoo why he have to betray me I love him but also hate him. How they met for the first time. How they stood together at the side of the lake and it was so cute blah blah whatever...

- MC tries to become Hou Mingchen's white moonlight by following him around or something but it just makes ML jealous too. Of course they can't talk about it like normal people so there's tons of misunderstandings. ML and MC take 2 steps forward and 10 steps back every time. They might hug and stuff but then MC pushes him away again. Also at one point MC was walking with her maid and ML came and picked her up and jumped away. I guess they just left her maid standing there by herself???

- MC was supposed to have a sibling but I swear to god it's been years and nobody said anything about her sibling ever being born. Hell, seems MC forgets she even has a family half the time and never goes home and just bums around at other peoples' homes.

- I skipped ahead ahead at this point cause the story became super shit. Seems like more characters disappeared and MC summoned some tiny holy beast. Maybe she became useful after all? I dunno. The raws don't go to the end of the novel anyways.

If you want a similar story with better writing, you'd be better off reading Divine Physician's Overbearing Wife: State Preceptor, Your Wife Has Fled Again! It has 500 or so chapters translated and the MTL is pretty easy to understand.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  11. Aquaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda disappointed in story after reading this...was expecting some epic revenge

12. Mika47

Mika47 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda disappointed in this story. It's getting dragged so much.

13. masakibluei

masakibluei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is still ongoing. So far the manhua is really good and funny. It's better to read the manhua. The pace is faster. The current novel is 404 with Nanyu finally getting married to Yan Zenzhen

She is a spy, basically she drugs his father. Her Father seems to have some secrets about his work. He is not ordinary merchants. When his hypnotize gone he is acting spoiled with her mom. Making Nan Yun mad and she drags her mom away because she is pregnant.
    Nan Yu push Zhao Yu together with Huo Che Ming. The Emperor bestows a marriage between Zhao Yu and Huo Che Ming. Huo Che Ming already despises Zhao Yu in this live, they quarrel all the time. He even blatantly cheats on her, with a prostitute who he uses to substitute Nan Yun. Zhao Yu ends up dies on his hand,
    Apparently he did love Nan Yun in the past life too, but he is a bastard, so his love died after he was drenched in power. He chose Zhao Yu because he needed the support of her family.
    He loves Nan Yun in both lives. He made a burial for both Che Er and Nan Yun together.It also implied, in both lives, they met during their childhood too
    Che Er is reincarnated too. He is the 13rd Prince. His purpose in this life is to protect his mother.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  14. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilers!

15. CircuitBird

CircuitBird New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there!
    Where can I find the manhua please?
    Thank you!

16. masakibluei

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how is the fourth prince? I'm so curious about him. in the past life of fl, he was the only member of royal family who could escape. can anyone explain it further?

18. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @masakibluei
    What? She's dead again?

19. masakibluei

Reading List:
    Link
    No, she is not dead again. This happened in her past life. Actually Yan Zechen had been protecting her from the shadow. He loved her in the past life too but she never knew.

20. Tiffanyvu00

Tiffanyvu00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I looked at the raws and it was okay until the queens banquet where she had to perform a dance... who was the redish brown haired prince and his long blonde haired aid, the one who sent the secret agents? Why are the two secret agents on her side now? Also why after the dance she was summoned by the queen and looked scared like she had fallen into their trap? Also what did the king say to her when he came? And where is our MC leaving too after their kiss? Pls help clarify...