Japanese The bodyguard is an old man

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, Feb 4, 2023.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Name:
    ボディガードはオジサン

Raw Link: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16817330648403241396

Description:

Karasu Takefumi is 40 years old.

He recently returned to Japan on Earth from another world.

He was abducted by another world at the age of 15 and somehow managed to survive for 25 years.

So, just when he thought he would end his life in another world, he was sent back to Earth because his errands were over... and when he returned, both his parents had already passed away, and his family home was barely touched by anyone, and remained as it was.

So, when he checked what happened to his name, it was fixed with his name as it was. Apparently, his classmates believed that Karasu would come back someday, and so they did their best..

He cried because he had such great friends...

But there are various troublesome things happening to his life...

I can only think of one person I can talk to...

Let's talk to him!

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This looks like an Isekai Returner story that has a more dark tone and deals with themes like loss and friendship.

TDDM and TXHY like this.
  2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as it's not harem +1

BooklessBookworm likes this.
  3. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    apparently he had a harem on ther other world. He basically semi-brags about how he slept with women from all races on the other world. And as you'd expect, he never initiated any of that, they came on to him apparently. Quite typical for the most part. Story is about how he lives in real world with his otherworldly abilities. There's nothing much difficult cuz his old school friends are basically in all the high places now and pulling strings for him to easily go around the place and most of all-
    he still has all of his magic powers even on earth. Apparently there's mana on earth's atmosphere too but people just don't know how to efficiently make use of it or something.
    So far, he still have a easy way through, with various plot armours, not much surviving or adapting was needed. Only melancholic chapter was the first when he reminisced about his parents and time that had gone by. I'm not sure if the story gets better later since I've only read upto 10th chapter. It looks like a cool concept, but I excepted more realism from it I guess, so I can't say I'm impressed by the execution of that concept.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    TXHY and gautam1989 like this.