The Breaker and Thr Breaker: New Waves

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Disgusting, Jul 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    More like Punching Bag: The Evolution.

Here's how this disappointment goes.

Summary -
    Gets bullied. Gets stronger. "Don't kill him/her" . Enemies hardly die while you lose all sorts of cast members who support dumbass MC. "Oh no, even if they tried to kill or rape my friends, they don't deserve to die."
    "Stop, don't kill people, it's not right."
    Wait a minute, this is progressing too fast, let's rinse and repeat season 1. (Cripples MC)
    "Ooh, i got stronger, but i cant do shit."
    "Side characters save me!"
    "Let me take all this responsibility in hopes that i will power level."
    "Oh well, guess im as useless as ever since my power level is top tier but my fighting potential is garbage too even if i have top tier techniques from teacher."

TLDR: Im a punching bag. Kill my friends. Rape these girls. I will do nothing but cry because im powerless.

otaku31, Demonic Poring, Cite and 3 others like this.
  2. schnitter

schnitter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, i guess you aren`t easily pleased, I though it was okay could have been worse

gheist1234, AkeShiro, Cite and 6 others like this.
  3. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude at least Chinese novels they get their revenge in the end

otaku31, 0000000 and Disgusting like this.
  4. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like the breaker ever since I saw that every powerfull villain are the elderly and how zombie shion never die dispite getting hit with a dozen killing blows.

otaku31, 0000000 and Disgusting like this.
  5. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Breaker is korean tho

justmehere likes this.
  6. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Only salty cuz in the end, he still an annoying little bitch. In accordance to that, i feel my time was wasted... S3 isnt even coming out either... so no conclusion.

7. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do know that the whole series is based on the concept of that zombie like martial art & the fact that he had that martial art pill that gave him a monster like base?

I would get moaning about other things but you are ignoring the things that are established for a reason. I mean, those things were the basis/background of the story.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    AkeShiro, drewjn and Sunsaegnim like this.
  8. mumfie

mumfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its a while since i read it, read it twice or thrice, dont know... but was it not something like "the power is within me" kind of thing?, he had to much energy so it like getting bleeded to death but are hooked up on blood bags at the same time?
    (or maybe its was just the Technic that his teacher gave him that is OP, but personally it was some good moments tho with that kind of stick of getting beaten but never 'goin' down'

9. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it was a great manhwa

GrimVeilRule, drewjn, Atl92 and 2 others like this.
  10. mumfie

mumfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, this poste made me think "are we getting an true ending? :O a continuations !?? buut nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i got this sht :(

Drake98, defry, AkeShiro and 4 others like this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been so goddamn long for me, who is Shion? Or do you refer to MC?

I always saw him as a wimpy POS and think that the master Gomunryong should have been the MC instead. Look how fun he is wiping out overseas clans in S2!

Also, ending in S2 is fucking shit stick, why the fuck did Main Villain in S1 did a heelface turn goddammit. Then there is no talks on the Dark Forest which imo the actual villain organisation.

All in all, plot wise it is shit but the action scenes are what kept me going, just like watching Michael Bay films.

AkeShiro and Disgusting like this.
  12. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    While i was reading it i was all like.
    "Okay, maybe this pussy will turn over a new leaf."
    But NOPE.

AkeShiro likes this.
  13. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, you guys are seeing it wrong. The MC is the badass teach, the kid's just a side character.

Disgusting and 0000000 like this.
  14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I stayed for the action and always hated the little bugger for his softhearted thinkings, which gets most capable casts killed off Goddammit. Really, MC can be however soft he wants once he has the capability to beat the fuck out of everyone, yet he does not have the ability but trying to be a nice little scrub and ask everyone to be nice and shit.

Just recalled shit, S1's shounen ai is lit, then BL was forcefully taken down during start of S2

Disgusting likes this.
  15. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved the first season, the second felt like a down-grade in terms of quality. It fell into a teen drama with a OP mc with low skill and teen girls (imo if it's not going to be harem, then there's no reason to add several love interests in this kind of action (supposedly) manga) with their own drama.
    They even made the dead characters can revive.

Gomunryong is still friggin cool thought.

16. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you're just a powerless to change it.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant like what I dont like.
    Its disgusting on winning a fight by scaring the enemy as a zombie instead of pure skill..
    More so when his constitution isnt something he earn himself.

otaku31 and Disgusting like this.
  18. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Breaker starts out rough, but by the end it was awesome. Side characters help a little too much, but it adds to the story. MC starts out super weak, remember? Not just weak, sickly weak. Dude can't even run a mile. He eats the plot device that makes him OP because he's tired of being a punching bag. But he still had a hard time shaking off that mentality of trying to avoid conflict. He was originally just trying to protect himself, not make waves. Until the end of New Waves that is. Now he's set to start becoming a badass in S3 (sob why do the good manhua die young?) after losing his mom and that old man because he was too soft to grab authority.
    I totally disagree with that "rape these girls" statement too. Seeing his childhood friend get attacked was the final straw that pushed him to fight his bully. Not enough to make him stop being soft, but it was the first step. And rescuing girls is the only thing that gets him to fight. Other than self defense. Every time a harem member is in danger, he steps up to the plate. He survives a stupid a amount of damage, but so do most combat MCs. Everybody in One Piece, everybody in Dragonball, Touma from To Aru Majutsu no Index, Naruto, Ichigo from Bleach, etc., etc.
    Tldr: awesome battle manhua, totally recommend.
    The Breaker is about how awesome his teacher is. The MC is a nobody stumbling into power. Think of it as a prologue. The real story of MC starts in New Waves. number of girls is unrealistic, but come on, it's a harem. It's basically "why MC needs to start becoming a badass" and it's awesome. I would totally recommend it.

Waaazzap and anhrefn like this.
  19. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, in his defense he literally started "learning" martial arts for only a year and he's expected to go against experts? Bullshit and you know it.

Atl92 likes this.
  20. aegis707

aegis707 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do agree that breaker was not all that great. Kept reading hoping it would improve but man kinda a let down. Have not been let down down as much since Veritas.......