LCD The Charm of Soul Pets

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Hexwolfx, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    I think life force is just vitality, and Mo Ye uses his actual vitality to do this. Meaning he just gets tired super fast but if he doesn't use it, he could fight on for hours. So life force is just basically a fancy way of saying vitality, which could be restored by resting.

Bakdal likes this.
  2. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I binge read it just today on @LadyBlue 's recommendation. It was a good read, but unfortunately the many common translation errors made it really difficult to concentrate in some occasions.
    The most problematic error was the naming errors. Name of Wangluo changed to gangluo city then something something city. Then there was the errors in the techniques names. Then the problems of he or she in genders of the soul pets. Some sentences even had incomplete phrases in the middle, making it difficult to understand that part.

3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Please consider the story instead of TL quality. The story itself is outstanding the TL problems are just a minor issue, its not like the reader doesn't know what place the TL is trying to mention when talking about Gangluo City or what technique. To be frank besides the incomplete phrases, these mistakes aren't all that frequent or important unless your an unreasonable grammar Nazi... not to mention its not done all that frequently. The TL quality for this series is well above average compared to a lot of translations.

Not going after you just giving an alternative opinion.

Boy and the Beast likes this.
  4. Boy and the Beast

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very picky about what I read. Here is the link to the small amount of novels I read and thread I created: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/novels-like-warlock-of-the-magus-world.38167/#post-1977287
    Since I am very picky, I really care about the flow of the story and small mistakes easily disturb the flow for me. Till now, I don't even know if the city's name is Wangluo, Gangluo or Luogang lol, they have been interchanged so many times. At first it was Wangluo then it became Gangluo.

Ending statement: I did say it was a good read :) It is a good story and it fits my preferences too, but the errors keep on disturbing me. For me, the smooth flow of the story (spellings, grammar, etc) is really important, along with many of my other stringent requirements. That's why, there are only few novels that I follow :)

5. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh I just go by Gangluo since that's whats often used later on in the story, Luo regions Gangluo City...

Hopefully your experiences with novels get better, these are mostly fan TLs & Editors so it won't be perfect by any means but Wuxia World is going to get pro-level TLs soon so maybe there is a bit of hope in your future.

Boy and the Beast likes this.
  6. Boy and the Beast

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the translation is pretty accurate. The problem is with the proofreading. If there was a proofreader or an editor who spent a bit more time on checking the accuracy of the terms, then it would be a great experience.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  7. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think they made a note about that changing the terms actually. not sure.

8. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that made me slightly bitter. ,(`-`),

9. lordofthebooty

lordofthebooty Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know when Mo Xie evolves to Queen nine tailed demon fox?

Also, does he ever find his lost soul pet? His soul power isn't 100% with that pet gone

10. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Hype hype hype hype

12. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Mo Xie already turned 9 tails ten or so chapters ago, and ch 99 just introduced the deserted soul pet

13. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    ..I hope Chu Mu's mom will arrive and kill that Xia guy.. ugh!!

14. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation speed slowed down. It used to be everyday, what happened? We're at a climax. Am hoping it gets finished soon.

kingreal92 likes this.
  15. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    “Lightly, lightly…… what, I’m a gangster? If you’re so scantily clad on the streets showing off flirtatiously, then don’t blame my eyes for watching. If you’re more virtuous then wrap yourself up tightly and stay in your private room……” Even if the vagrant was about to be dragged away, he didn’t forget to curse at the two women a little more.

I mean, he's right.

kingreal92 likes this.
  16. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Scantily clad babes need to be leered at by both lustful men and women. This is a truth across ages.

17. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there another novel whit the same relation as this one regarding pets and tamers?

18. Deleted member 21272

Deleted member 21272 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    pokemon

19. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    1. "From within the pattern slowly appeared Mo Xie’s small and nimble figure. A body of silver colored fur majestically and faintly fluttered about. What manifested was a beautiful grandeur and nine small fluffy tails that waved about."

2. "Chu Ning and Chu Xing didn’t know of Chu Mu and Jia Feng’s fight in Jia City. They also didn’t know that Chu Mu’s Mo Xie had mutated into an ultra commander Royal Flamed Nine Tailed Infernal Fox under the gazes of a few tens of thousands of people."

Ok so it clearly states that Mo Xie has 9 tails. So either these niggas can't count or they just failed to notice that the volume of tail swinging behind Mo Xie increased by 50% from 6 tails to 9 tails, I don't care how small her tails are but you should have noticed something

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  20. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys literally just murdered complete strangers for resources and yet you refuse to kill the women, oh yea sure the dudes can die no problem