Resolved The charm of soul pets

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Damsell in Distress, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    I have some question, but first I'm not entirely sure if this is the right sub forum so pardon me..

Just wanna ask if mc in the story need to give command for every move the pokemon do
    For example, I only read up to 15 or so ch., and in battle mc need to tell the pokemon, when to dodge, when to attack, when to use skill bla..bla..
    Will this change or nah..??

Thanks for the answer...

2. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive read this novel through chapter 200+

Its not what you think.... Although the title might sound fluffy like pokemon, but in reality its more like watching alien movie....With adults controlling said aliens...
    As for your question, yeah the master is going to strategize and tell the monsters what to do, but its not as slap on and generic as pokemon.

3. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the answer
    It's just I read the wikia and see the skill name..
    Just thinking of mc shouting long as* skill name while enemy slapping his pokemon..

4. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am at the latest translated chapter and i can tell you that in the begining it seems like that because there is only one pet to focus on and you kind of need to see how he trains his pets. As the story goes on there are times when he will help control a pet but it is usually in a supporting method or alerting them of things that he can predict that they can not. He is more of a strategist than a pokemon trainer.

Damsell in Distress likes this.
  5. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    No. At some point, the pets will become skilled enough to handle most actions by themselves. It's like how a newbie boxer will likely need to be told the basics, but an experienced one will only need a good cornerman. You can trust him to know how to block, dodge, punch etc. by himself.

My example might be off since I know nothing of boxing, but you get the idea.

Damsell in Distress likes this.