LCD The Chronicles of a Lost Man in His Forties Founding a Nation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Diukes, Aug 31, 2016.

1. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty please, what is a TUEE?

2. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    I did just notice ROLF xD

3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    42 year old virgin, the extra 26 years really cement in the mindset.

4. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it means Awesome...

5. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP city council guy... except not, since he's a D&D max level wizard, he can use Wish to bring anyone back from the dead. Yeah, D&D wizards are kinda of broken powerfull at high levels.

6. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    so, the plan is to set up gio and frame him for the assassination? but, who? magician guild's leader? but why?

7. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    More like they tried to assassinate him and the council guy was collateral. By D&D rules, most non-magical poison have a low Difficulty Check (DC) of at most 20, and a wizard lv.36 and Constitution 18 have a base Fortitude bonus to checks of... 22. Plus extra bonus from equipment (at his level, probably a +5 from a Robe of the Archmage, to a final Fortitude bonus of 27), is basically impossible for him to be affect by non-magical poison. Hell, even low grade magical poisons have normally DCs of 25, you would need a high grade magical poison to even have a chance to affect a wizard of his level.

So when he didn't like the tea, it was his body telling him that the thing was hella poisoned. And that was all the effect the poison had for him. It didn't taste good.

CountryMage likes this.
  8. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    So, c40 is out, what do you guys think of the demonist idea? BTW, is that name right? In D&D, the class that deals with demons is called Warlock, it would make more sense than demonist too, since the anki are called anki and not demons.

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    As the translator pointed out, it isn't a character class, or occupation, they are just cultists, worshipers, or anarchists. Either way, we will have to wait, til the next chapter, for the author's explanation for the term.

10. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    He responded to me in the chapter that anki means "shadow demon" but he was too lazy to type it everytime so he decided to go with anki. Translator is lazy in surprising areas, he translate whole chapters, produce a PDF for each chapter, upload it, put up the link on NU... but is too lazy to type two words instead of one. XD

11. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo... Just realized something about wizards: they have planar travel spells in D&D, like "Gate." Between the spells in his character sheet is "Gate". So he technically could go between his new home and Earth using "Gate." I'm getting the felling that he just didn't realized it yet.

EDIT: Wait, just realized, he have a Skull of a Nameless God in his backpack, wich is a clear reference to The Eye of Vecna and The Hand of Vecna, famous artifacts from the wizard lich Vecna that later became a god in D&D lore. So, could the Guardian have made the Nameless God real when bringing Gio over, and the anki nest being a door of wizardry is because of the Nameless God, that being based off of Vecna should also be a wizard?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know if I would risk using a gate to get back to Earth, you don't really know your location relative to Earth, whether your "magic" might cease to exist upon leaving the Guardian's area, and he hasn't used it normally yet, we don't know if there would be any issues with it. There haven't been any issues for any of his other magic, so far, but you can never be too sure with something that can be used to tear apart reality, if the GM decides there was cosmic interference.

As for the skull, I don't think it's the source of the anki, since he only just got there, and the Guardian seemed familiar with something similar to the magic for Wizardry. So as I commented before, it seems like he just managed to get connected to the anki's wifi, and has no other connection to their origin. Though I do wonder what kind of trouble that skull will cause later, since it is guaranteed to cause quite a bit, even if he uses it for ascension, maybe especially then.

13. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The skull is more likely a reference to Acererak the lich demigod. He tried to merge his conciousness with the negative energy plane. there was a whole adventure about beating him back in the day

14. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know that adventure or character. Know the name of the adventure?

15. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL! This chapter was satisfing. Dark elf beauty maid assassin, arrogant adventurer becaming a piglet, money slapping the guildmaster. =D

17. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it dropped? No new chapters for 2 months already ;/

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, see no notice on the page, last thing said was about an illness at the end of November early December. Then nothing. Maybe real life got the translator, these things happen....

19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Whew, finally some chapters, and an explanation for the lost time. RL...er RL entertainments...is this what it feels like when your accountant says he spent your money on hookers and weed, or more like the librarian?

Anyway, it finally picked back up, and i wonder how his training of his new students will go, and how long before Claura, Mora, or Leiha push their way into official lady of the castle position.

Vrethalya likes this.
  20. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is not good enough to justify having to deal with wix. Seriously - why is javascript referencing itunes, skype, messenger, and over 40 others being loaded on access?!