Spoiler The count's intruders

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Emarulde, Sep 1, 2021.

1. jika

jika Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I don't hate the ML for neglecting his child because he didn't. He's a great father. And Raina is a good mother too. Though the both of them actually treat their child more like a friend and a messenger than the child he's supposed to be, they're trying to be good parents at least.

What I hate about the ML is the emotional abuse he inflicted/inflicts on his wife. Raina was an inexperienced, young woman who entered a marriage in the hopes of being loved by her own husband while Benedict actually wished for nothing special during their union. The misunderstandings existed from the early years of their relationship because both of them wanted different things.

Benedict neglected her and didn't show her the love Raina wanted because
    He was still dealing with his own traumas. Add that to the rumors about him being a womanizer he created and how he never refused/expressed any displeasure being around any other women despite already being married. Even Hayden said in Chapter 1 : " No matter how pushy those ladies can be, I'm sure he could stop them if he really wanted to". So, technically, Raina didn't feed him lies because even Hayden doubted his loyalty considering how he saw the way his father was surrounded by other women. And when he whispered another's name at nights, a name the whole town now for being his first love, how is Raina supposed to ask him why he whispers that name every night considering he never showed any signs of affection towards her? In her place, I would also assume she's why he can't be affectionate towards me too. And how is a child supposed to react when everytime he's in public all he hears are his father's supposed dalliances and ridicules about his own mother? Benedict might not care about his own image but he totally forgets how it affects his wife and child. No children in this world want to see a beloved parent being humiliated in public.

Abuse is not physical but also emotional. Even children can develop trauma when parents withhold affection, the same goes for adults when there's no one who shows them love in a place they can't escape. And even if the ML had traumas, he was downright emotionally abusive towards his wife. He neglected her, didn't communicate with her, didn't even have any physical contact with her for 10 years because of misunderstandings he never asked her nor told her about, he humiliated her in public, insulted her for being dumb and never tried to understand her and basically stopped her from doing something she wanted with insults like how it's dumb/unnecessary.

Sure the FL is no saint either but this is a case of when abused, turned into abuser. She was a saint in the beginning of their relationship. She wished for his love and even was bubbly until she realized he was happy at the thought of him getting away from her even if he dies. The ML has friends but the FL has no one so the only person she could vent to even if it's totally wrong is her own son. Remember that this is also set in an era where having mistresses is normal and divorce is not. There was no way out for Raina in that marriage and even if there was, chances are Hayden will be the one who'll be more affected by it, emotionally, socially and financially.

I don't know if it's because I was treated like an outcast in school but the way Benedict treated Raina is exactly the way people treated me when I was an outcast. And it takes years to heal from the feeling of being unloved in a place you have to be but can't get out of. I blame her for kissing another man, using her child as her emotional relief bag and slapping her husband but other than that, she's a human too. Trauma is not an excuse to be an asshole to others. Benedict was abused all his life but he's also abusive towards his wife then Raina got tired and became abusive towards him too even if it was wrong

lullabiee, vienrosa, Lignin and 17 others like this.
  2. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all of this and actually seeing this perspective makes it more clear to me as to why yall would be more inclined to be on fls side even though they both made mistakes and I agree even if they weren't married for love he should've took responsibility to atleast ensure he wouldn't have so many cheating accusations fall on him atleast publicly.

3. Sakura miken

Sakura miken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can some please tell me, what they talked about in the last chapter of S2. I think Raina said she can't love him anymore or something. But Ben still haven't said sorry for all the indirect insults regarding Hayden not his kid. As Raina never understood them as she probably never in her dreams thought Ben has been sus regarding Hayden birth. Still Ben should repent and apologies and should be in pain. The redemption arc is so badly needed so that readers at least can accept Ben with Raina and Hayden. Ben sleeping with sex friend and giving her more affection yet he couldn't even do such things with his wife for 10 years. If Raina had never kisses his step brother, I think Ben would have never paid attention to her. This really pisses me off. His step brother words were true. He just gave attention to Raina as he didn't want his brother to take her away.

This type of husband really sucks. I hope S3 shows Ben to be miserable before he can get his happiness with his family. He needs repent for his mistakes

lullabiee, karaa00000, Ceu and 2 others like this.
  4. StegosaurusGrape

StegosaurusGrape Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Benedict hasn’t been able to properly apologize to Rania because at first Benedict fainted and then right after that Rania became sick, so there was no chance for him to say sorry. What Benedict did do was apologize to Hayden while Rania was in bed. This season left us with Rania saying she wants to go home after Hayden goes to the academy. Whether this means to her childhood home or Argus, we don’t exactly know.

But what we do know is that in this chapter, Landen was the one who trained the dog to attack Benedict except Benedict’s mother jumped in the way instead and got sick. Felix? finds this out and doesn’t blame Benedict for the mother’s death anymore. We have yet to learn about Felix’s? relation to Benedict or his mother though.
    ———————————-
    This is just my opinion on s3 and readers… so don’t take it to heart to much.

I’m getting so sick of people saying that Benedict has to be miserable and “roll around” to be forgiven. That’s like saying Rania should dangle his guilt over his head so that he doesn’t forgive himself. You all know damn well that Benedict, as a character, will probably carry the guilt of doubting Rania and Hayden for as long as he lives.

Benedict held Rania responsible for kissing Landen and everybody says he’s the one at fault… Rania said so herself in Chapter 52 that she went to Landen to do more than just kiss. She had the intention to sleep with him but ran away because she got cold feet. After Rania apologizes, Benedict forgives her. It should be the same when Benedict apologizes.

What they both need to do is go to a relationship therapist and learn to forgive and forget because otherwise it will never become a healthy relationship. They will always be holding something over the others head. Even the author stated that they don’t want Benedict to “roll” and I hope they stick to that.

Benedict knows that he treated Rania badly but as he states in Chapter 52 again, “… I thought you didn’t want me to be one[affectionate husband]. You hated me…. only wanted a husband who’d provide enough for your child.” They were both to prideful to tell the other person what they feel and now they need to overcome this as a couple in the coming season.

Kumoshiro, Lizaa, salty25 and 8 others like this.
  5. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's hope the next season isn't full with many misunderstanding and lack of communication.
    praying for happy days for these two love birds

StegosaurusGrape likes this.
  6. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... It is obvious that the author favours Benedict more so of course they don't want him to "roll" or suffer more grief.
    I said this because they went through so much effort in changing the content of their story due to readers' complaints about Benedict's characterization and even provided an extensive amount of explanation that is external to the main story as to why Benedict is well.. Benedict.
    It's great that they are so engaged with the readers but if an author needs to come out and post this many explanations on his/her story, they are not doing a very good job at conveying what they are trying to tell through illustrations. Even though she said that the scene with the brunette took away from Rania's and Ben's scene, it is obvious from her statement that the negative comments about Benedict from that chapter had bothered her alot.

I feel like I just need to advocate for Rania. Yes, she went to the cabin with the intention to do more than kissing. But why did she even feel the need to do so? Lack of affection from her husband, last attempt to get his attention, wanting to feel desired and loved. Imagine hearing about the sexual conquests of your fiancee then getting none of that during your >10 years of marriage (except that one time that he conveniently forgot about).
    If you argue that she has never told him she wanted more, then I would say that she already did. She was the one who insisted that they have sex before Ben left for war and promised to stay with him when he comes back. It is not her fault he chose to block that out completely due to self-preservation (ie. didn't want to catch feelings as he is afraid he will lose her as he did his mom so he chose to forget that he even felt anything for her). She wrote him letters which he either burned or didn't read.

His behaviour post-war was predominantly influenced by his delusions that she had an affair and had Hayden, that she hates his guts but is somehow STILL staying with him. He wouldn't need to hold back or remain aloof with her at all IF he had remembered their time together. So yeah, I partly blame him for how their relationship turned out. If he had been more proactive as he is now after finding out about Landan do you honestly think that Rania would remain the way she is(cold and biting)? She is this way due to years of being left bitter and lonely. Much to my dismay, she is still simping over him despite saying how hurt she has been due to him.
    Funny how he chose to not remember sleeping with Rania but remembered about other girls he slept with lol (yes yes I know it's because he caught them feels and wanted to forget).

Yes, I personally think he needs to roll more or at least acknowledges that his trauma GAVE her emotional/psychological trauma.
    Truth is, you can't get away with shitty behaviour because of trauma. It explains the behaviour but should not excuses it.

Btw, I didn't mean to go off on you. I totally respect your view. We all have different background and life experience after all so it's natural that we will resonate with some character more than others.

7. Sakura miken

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why the author is against the redemption arc of Ben. The whole story will die, if he doesn't roll and feel guilt and understand the pain his wife went through. As in one chapter they explained, Raina is not very expressive. But she became very expressive towards every comment of Ben. Noah said that, even though it was out of her character she possibly did everything to gain a little affection from her husband. Yet what she got in return was, him calling other woman name. Him ignoring her, despite sleeping in the same bed, he never even attempt to be close to her. It's amazing how she endured so long and ended up making a bad choice. I hope the last season is a happy ending for Raina and Hayden and probably the last guest will be a new child too. But before all of this, I really really want Ben to go through pain and afford to win back his wife's love

8. StegosaurusGrape

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that what the author is saying? I thought they just didn’t want him to be miserable so I understood where they didn’t want him to “roll”.

I want Benedict to feel guilty but to me there’s a difference between feeling guilt and sorry and making up for it verses feeling miserable and depressed and having his past hang over his head. If readers wanted Benedict to feel miserable than I think the relationship will never become fulfilled and would stay toxic which the author doesn’t want. There is such a thing as forgive and forget.

I understand that there may be a huge difference between kissing your BIL and thinking your son wasn’t biologically his, but the readers forgave Rania pretty quickly and didn’t want her to “roll” or whatever slang word that is. Even after Chapter 52, where Rania apologizes and airs it all in the open, Benedict forgives her and I don’t believe he mentions it again.

Reiujii likes this.
  9. Sakura miken

Reading List:
    Link

Tbh Ben has no right to make Raina feel guilty or forgive her. All this time he thought she had an affair n got pregnant. Yet he didn't pay her any attention nor hatred neither expected anything from her like explanation or something of her cheat. He simply expected that, she needs him to raise her kid cause she cannot go to her lover. But the moment Raina made the wrong choice n actually attempt to cheat but this time with his step brother only then he started to notice Raina n pay attention to her just as Landen said to Raina, he won't be able to ignore you after this just like the stain in his shirt. So that's why what Raina did was all Ben's fault. He pushed her to the edge to made that choice and she didn't even have the courage to go through it. She ran away after a kiss Lol. That's why the reader's forgive her bad choice and so did Ben, who was the main cause of this action.

But Ben's acts are of different level. His past before getting engaged was a mess, when he was engaged he had sex buddy and didn't even care about his soon to be wife. After marriage he forgot about their first night and simply went to war to die. He didn't care of her letters and for 10 years he simply ignored his wife. I am surprised she was sane enough to keep the promise and love for him despite him calling out other woman name. So those who say Ben shouldn't be miserable, don't understand, how he made others miserable to make bad choices just to gain his little faver.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    vienrosa, Kumoshiro, Ceu and 3 others like this.
  10. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus credit you women need to heal its uo to rania to forgive him or not to many of yall want him to grovel at hee feet for the rear of his life when they both hurt eachother stop self inserting as the fl.

They weren't married for love he didn't owe her any of that you all need to understand that yes it would be kind of him to treat her better but he didn't need to.After she got pregnant is a different story tho he should've took responsibility.

11. lDeadKillerl

lDeadKillerl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro why are you all shiting on the ML so hard I don't know about Rania's past but Benedict's past was a traumatic cluster fuck imagine watching your mother hag from the celling and you cant do anything about it because you have a step brother who threatens your position also nobility was starting to die out because time were changing so you need to work hard and be careful not to end up on the streets immense pressure for a boy.
    By the time he got married to Rania he was in depression and wanted to end his life even Rania saw him wanting to jump over the balcony he couldn't give her love because he had none to give anymore Benedict was mentally broken a shell than then the war hit and he was happy thinking he can finally die because Rania stopped him once from jumping so he was happy to go to war even Rania said so and one night he gets so drunk and they have sex that's when he's true feelings resurfaced because he said to Rania that she looks beautiful that's when her feeling for him depend but Benedict was too drunk to remember.
    So he goes to war and after some time she sends him a letter saying she's pregnant well since he doesn't remember he slept with her he obviously thinks she cheated not a good thing considering he's already depressed and wants to die not to mention he is fighting a war too.
    He gets some and wants to end the marriage with her but he sees the baby and gets attached to it finally a light shines in his dark tunnel now he has a responsibility and a reason to live as proven during flashbacks when he's a loving father even if he thinks the baby is not his .
    Some more time passes and he gets feelings for Rania as well and now FEAR starts to creep up on him what if he tells her how he feels and she doesn't love him what if he tells her about Hayden not being his child and she confirms it basically he's afraid that if he acts on his feelings for her and tells her what he thinks the only sliver of happiness he had will end and he will be left all alone again he even says so that he wont be able to take it if Rania takes Hayden and leaves he will lose his mind.

So lets not hate on Benedict to much at the end of the day he was faithful during marriage a good father to Hayden and Rania never lacked anything.
    While Rania I don't really understand her motivations why is she soo prideful that she can't tell her husband that she loves him but goes to the extreme to cheat just so she can get his attention and hurt him and the motive as to why she wants to hurt him was because he was cold to her and didn't show love ?????
    Excuse me but has she even showed love to him has she even showed affection to him no she didn't she had a cold poker face giving Benedict the feeling that she does not love him.
    I'm sorry but I don't like Rania at all so stop defending her instead of telling Benedict to love her and look at her in her head how about you actually say it to him my man can't read minds woman oh but she can't she a woman of nobility she has pride but she is also afraid he does not love her and again I say if you don't tell him what you want and how you feel you will not find out how he feels and what he wants and its proven by the fact that nothing happened in 10 YEARS of being together.
    They both live with the FEAR that if they come clean an tell the other how they feel the other wont feel the same but in Benedict's case is worse because he is in depression and the only thing stopping him from blowing his brains out is Hayden and Rania being by his side so he's FEAR is worsened because they might leave him and he will be left all alone in the dark again.
    Granted his line of thinking is not rational and calculated it's based on FEAR and depression because why would Rania take Hayden and leave if she doesn't love you after 10 years just because you told her that you love her and the so called lover he thinks she had Hayden with well he if did some investigation into her movements 10 years ago he would know it does not exist.

Also also stop with the SHE SHOULD DIVORCE HIM SHE SHOULD LEAVE HIS ASS because your ignorant and stupid and I can tell your also a woman when you say this stop bringing your MODERN WORLD thoughts into this and take into consideration this is set during a time in history where women don't have the same rights as men and education isn't the same.
    Like where would she go after the divorce how will she provide for Hayden her family is dirt poor because nobility is falling and only a few acted on this one being Benedict other than house keeping she doesn't know how to do anything.
    I believe even she said one time when she threaten Benedict that she will take Hayden and leave that it was nothing more than and empty threat because she has nowhere to go.
    And do you think during those time some other man will take a divorced woman with a 10 years old child in when the nobility is falling and the economy is not that great its even sated that because Benedict acted on this and made businesses and investments his area of control is doing well economy wise other areas not so much.
    So stop with this crap because is annoying how ignorant some of you are to the time period the story is set in.

12. crsnjnl

crsnjnl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what I liked about the latest update is that Rania wants to let go not because she wants the ml to grovel but because she finally realizes how foolish and childish her ways on gaining ml's love/attention. Note, she's criticizing her OWN actions. How she almost died at the ocean (not quite sure about the conversation here but I think this is her wake up call). How she almost left her son in grief for a lifetime just because of her "love" I guess? Basically, she realized how seriously insane she's behaved. Like, she's glad she's able to stop here and that the ml saved her. Implying that what more could happen if she continues loving the ml. Even with the flashback where she dresses up beautifully just to be noticed. It's plain to read but the depth sure is felt. Like, how can her life circle around a man to this extent? Personally, we should be dressing up for ourselves. Marrying doesn't mean it's gonna complete us. Even before marrying we're individually WHOLE. Our happiness shouldn't be anyone else's responsibility but ours. This is why I loooove the latest chap. It speaks volume. If I'm not mistaken, I believe she said to herself that she doesn't resent the ml anymore. That hearing him apologize is enough and that she won't be hoping for more (not bitterly as evident on the art itself. It's like freeing herself). I pray that what Rania would do after this chap is centered around self love. If so, naturally, we readers would witness the ml in pain if he has to wait.

What's wrong with waiting for a long period of time? It's not like Rania's gonna be doing it on purpose (which I hope so). I want it to be longer because I want to see how Rania's character develop individually. I don't want a scene where she's gonna be all happy and cheerful after hearing the ml confess his love for her. I want something more meaningful and profound. Both of the characters should have a development. And I see it on Rania's. It's a HUGE step not resenting and blaming the ml for what has happened so far.

I guess I should say that I want a longer redemption arc for this reason. Personally, the sweetness of reunion is more beautifully conveyed and written if it takes time.

13. hinoe12

hinoe12 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    could someone please summarize spoilers
    also few questions: the guy tied up in the chair is their driver, right?

so there’s 2 servants that are traitor’s?

14. Sakura miken

Reading List:
    Link

His mother didn't hang herself, she died of sickness after getting bitten. Seems like you didn't read the story all that good as the facts don't match. And Landen is more than willing to take Raina away if she allows it lol. So getting remarried is not a issue either as Ben said, Hayden cannot inherit his business as he thought he was illegitimate.

So Ben definitely need to roll and roll very hard. Raina will get a new love interest and second ML will be better for her.

What this story is about, --is finding yourself. Ben lost himself in depression and finally he recovered from it and all his regrets, mistakes and desire to life again regained. But unfortunately the opposite happened for Raina. She almost committed suicide, didn't even think of her son before attempting it.

She needs to move on from this toxic love and desire to get attention and love from her husband.

She needs to live for herself n her son and for her happiness. Ben cannot make her happy.

Ceu, itziwuitsi and crsnjnl like this.
  15. lDeadKillerl

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no he's mother committed suicide even Landen tells Benedict that its as if she was put on display and Benedict tells him that he needs to be careful to no end up like that too to witch Landen says sorry I didn't mean to be rude or some shit and I don't think she will go to Landen even if she divorced because she is a hardcore noble and to marry your husband's brother is frowned upon and rumours will start to go around that will damage her reputation and she very much cares about her reputation since one time she was disrespected by that fake woman in front of the servants not to mention she has Hayden to look after and wants him to inherit the county so no divorce can happen ever.
    And Rania will not get a new love interest as she loves Benedict and will reconcile with him.
    Rania didn't try to commit suicide what are you on about all she did was cheat on Benedict and got cold feet tell me in witch chapter is mention she tried to commit suicide ?????
    And like I said before she's just as much at fault as Benedict is don't act like a statue with a poker face and expect love to come from the sky don't talk in your own head that you want love and say it with your mouth because her behaviour is just as cold as Benedict's was.
    And you say Benedict can't give her happiness but he pretty much can as he was a loving father to his son and other than his own assumptions that Rania does not love him there is nothing much stopping him from loving her and making her happy as soon as he has confirmation that Rania loves him his behaviour towards her will change once that barrier in his head is down.
    For fuck sake he had sex with her in the new chapters and he refused to cum in her because he thinks she does not want his seed in her because she has a supposed lover he wants to be more affectionate to her he wants to get close to her but there is miscommunication heck she was horny one time so was he and he went to his study to jerk off why didn't she said she wants it ??????
    Like I said Benedict can't read minds if she doesn't tell him what she wants he cant give it to her plain and simple.
    And there is nothing toxic about this relationship at all I think your all kids who slap toxic on anything that goes wrong in a relationship and I can tell your a woman because you focus on the ML's behaviour and ignore FL's behaviour and actions remember she cheated on him by kissing his brother while Benedict even if he was cold to her didn't cheat do you have any excuse for that or do you have any excuse as to why she doesn't tell him she loves him or as to why she herself acts cold and has a poker face.
    Why are you ignoring her behaviour that is almost the same as his behaviour and worse by cheating just to get his attention why cant she talk to him is Benedict supposed to read minds ???
    Stop with the ass kissing of the FL she's just as much or more at fault than Benedict is.

16. StegosaurusGrape

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have any questions, I’ll try to answer to the best of my knowledge. The man tied up to the chair is a debt collector for the big boss. Naomi tied him to the chair to get information on the Boss and the whereabouts of Landen. That’s why he was shown chained up in the last episode.

I can only recall a maid who was bribed to do stuff for Laura but that was it. I don’t know if she was an actual traitor or not but the maid did feel bad for Felix.

After the explosion, while Benedict and Rania are floating in the water, Benedict remarks that the only servants that they absolutely trust are Luke, the horse carriage guy, and Naomi. I also assume this includes Luke’s dad, the driver, and Darren, the doctor.

Tt123 likes this.
  17. StegosaurusGrape

Reading List:
    Link
    I copied this Q&A that the author did on her Instagram for those that don’t have an account. Hopefully this will give you a broader view of the characters relationship. (This is just a copy of the Instagram translation so it’s in pretty rough shape.)

1. Did Benedict fall in love with Rania at first sight? Rania is the first person Benedict has ever felt charm on an external basis. Can't say it's love but it's true that it was captivated at first sight. It's just that I'm emotionally heavy, so I couldn't grow up with love because there were no continuous meetings. Benedict was also mesmerized by Hayden at first sight. But if I hadn't seen Hayden other than that moment, I don't think I would have loved him like I do now even though I have a long time in my heart. Because Benedict is a man who turns away his feelings.

From the days of the fourteen years, Benedict has been surrounded by pretty women. Benedict believed that he had a different standard of loving a woman because he wasn't very attracted to such women. This is one of the reasons Benedict was mistaken for loving Laura. Because I was attracted to her intellectual ability, not her appearance. But Benedict was surprised when Laura told him he was marrying another man, but quickly became numb. Can we call this love? Another reason I mistaken it for love, I wrote more in the previous desperate corner

While living together, Benedict felt to Rania wasn't just her appearance. Even though she tries to look elegant and bold, she can't hide Rania's brilliant appearance, her humane appearance that cares for the people she loves, and her cool mouth when she is angry. Of course, I think appearance has a big influence. This guy is slow in judging the feelings of others. So when Rania cries, before I sympathize, Benedict thinks Rania's crying is so cute. When Rania gets mad or annoyed, Benedict thinks her angry face is pretty. Benedict kept a steady observation of Rania, Benedict. He also noticed Rania was peeping when he was changing clothes (lol) 'I'm so curious. I thought it was. If Benedict hadn't married Rania, he would’ve had a normal relationship, but had Rania to marry another man, I'm sure she would have been extremely calm and would have broken her opponent by all means.

Fun fact: Author later commented that both Rania and Benedict would both walk in on each other changing by accident.

rock.doll, salty25, Ceu and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sakura miken

Reading List:
    Link

I thought u knew. I might have accidentally gave you spoilers....my bad.

Since you don't even know the plot ahead, there is no point talking lol.

Wait for it...those will be translated soon

lDeadKillerl likes this.
  19. lDeadKillerl

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL that's why I'm here man to get spoilers if you know something I don't please share with the group.

20. Lunyl

Lunyl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly i also blame him for things he did in the past. He saw how his father's behavior affected his mother. Eventhough they weren't married yet why didn't he think how him being supposedly passed around would affect his fiancee? And that's exactly why laura did what she did to Ben, to break their marriage even before it started. He was selfish, but i also blame Raina fr marrying him despite everything and bringing their son into this toxic environment.

Ceu likes this.