Spoiler The count's intruders

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Emarulde, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Carol94

Carol94 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happens in this new chapter, it looks interesting.:cry:

2. itziwuitsi

itziwuitsi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understood that Raina has finaly give up in her love for Ben and Ben Now is feeling sorry. It is sooo sad!!! But I suport Raina, its better be in peace that follow a destructive love.

3. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had she really given up?
    Because like all other novels, Fl suffer, suffer and suffer in order to forgive in the end.

4. StegosaurusGrape

StegosaurusGrape Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she did say half delirious that’s she’s given up on loving Benedict and then collapsed with a fever. So I wonder how the next chapters are going to turn out. I just want Hayden to set them both straight because I don’t like how both forgot that they have son that’s already been traumatized multiple times in less than a few months.
    Obviously Rania isn’t going to run away since there’s a happy ending that awaits, but I’m sure she’s going to have Benedict on his toes.

5. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be very angry if she forgives him easily after so much suffering. He has to suffer the same as she suffered. Sorry... it's because I get very frustrated with this kind of story.
    The worst blind is the one who doesn't want to see. And this Ml is included in that kind of blind man.:mad::mad:

Pearl1995 and StegosaurusGrape like this.
  6. StegosaurusGrape

Reading List:
    Link
    I have mixed feelings on making him suffer. They both have suffered and said awful things to and about each other. The whole reason they are in the mess they’re in right now is because of no communication from either side. As it’s been mentioned before, Benedict thought Rania has always hated him from the time they first got engaged married and I’m sure Benedict’s affairs are partly to blame but also Rania has also said that her pride always gets in the way and that she herself has said hurtful things to Benedict. If either party communicated, the parents would probably be popping out their forth kid by now.
    The reason I believe Benedict forgot about the night that they had sex is because (I’m sorry if I get this wrong.) He had some kind of depressive blackout. Benedict has never been able to heal from his childhood trauma. He saw his mother get sicker and sicker, when all of the sudden his father brings in a new family to replace him and his mother.
    He also saw the body of his dead mom hanging from the ceiling right after he complained to her about doing something about the mistress and he blames himself for the suicide. It doesn’t help when his father dies a few years later.
    As we’ve only gotten a few snippets of Rania’s past so far it is hard to say what she’s actually been through during the 10 years they’ve been married. She certainly has very big self esteem issues gets hurt with Benedict’s harsh words. She also has to live with the paranoia of other children and guilt of cheating. It also seems that she knows about Benedict’s depressive episodes and fear of being alone.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    spchntrt, salty25 and TrinaAngel like this.
  7. itziwuitsi

itziwuitsi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of them had suffered a lot, but Raina doesn't have any gulty of what happened in the Ben childhood, I really think that Benedict has to give all, to win Raina loves back.
    I think, in case of a separation, Hayden has to be with Benedict, he always has been a good father, and he need him to cling to his life.

salty25, Lunyl and evanesco99211 like this.
  8. lDeadKillerl

lDeadKillerl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They both suffered enough all they needs to do is say sorry to one another kiss and make up and start loving each other

9. Paine__ace

Paine__ace Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna know what chapter and spoiler about discovering the whole truth x.x

10. Lunyl

Lunyl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro he had sex with her and left to war right after, never wrote to her. She went through the pregnancy alone, she gave birth alone. Beside everything else he did, that alone justify whatever she did. She doesn't have to remind him that he had sex with her, how was she even suppose to know he didn't remember when he just left to basically die and was happy to go to war to die. He should have told her " i never had sex with you,how did you get pregnant " then she would have known and could have explained what happened, she doesn't read mind.

11. Lunyl

Lunyl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really, which chapter?

12. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayo at this point I just want her to give up on him and focus on the child alone. Why bother trying to convince your love to a man who never show u even an ounce of affection. I don't think ML would feel so conflicted if their growing feelings got cut off too. He lived fine so far even believing his own child is not actually his. Why can't they just ignore each other and go on. lol
    They are bound to get tired at some point after Hayden grows up. They can just peacefully separate by then.

Btw no new updates on what happened after their latest fight?

Lignin and Pearl1995 like this.
  13. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest raw chapter is out. Seems like Benedict finally remembers that he slept with Rania. There is a flashback to the scene where Ben said to her that there must have been a reason why she slept next to him for 10 years. Then, he remembered that she made a promise to stay by his side and she has been keeping that promise for the last 10 years (no shite Sherlock :cautious:)
    Can someone please let me know if the scene wih the brunette occured before or after his marriage. I tried Google translation but cannot grasp the content of that scene. I just got off night shift and about to throw hands. I need to know for a fact whether he had an affair or not before going to sleep :eek::eek:o_Oo_O

Edit: nevermind I got it. He was SOON TO BE ENGAGED. She asked him which woman it was. He responded "I don't know, I don't care"
    Bruh... I'm still upset eventhough it wasn't an extramarital affair :confused:
    I honestly think Rania deserves better. Benedict may have been a victim of an affair (however brief and superficial the act was in this case), that does not mean he is a victim in this marraige. In fact, Rania is the true victim in this marriage (I'm referencing a presentation by psychotherapist Esther Perel on why people cheat. It was very enlightening and insightful if anybody is interested) The constant gaslighting, blame-deflecting, condecending words and attitude given to her are far more than what she deserved. I'm not saying that she has never given them back but it's obvious that she has been the main target of them in their relationship. After re-reading this 3 times, it's evident that the power scale is titled toward Ben in their relationship. Honestly, fuck this guy :blob_thor:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    lullabiee, vienrosa, XiaoXin and 14 others like this.
  14. StegosaurusGrape

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, we finally get the whole night of sex before he leaves the next day. It seems like Rania is the one who wanted to have sex that night and not Benedict as he explains to her that he wanted to keep his promise to the grandma. Rania still says that she’ll be staying until he gets back and won’t run off (because remember, Rania has loved him before they even got engaged). Benedict says he might not make it back and can’t promise they’ll meet again.

Rania tells Benedict that it seems to her that he(Benedict) doesn’t see her as a woman, but he does. That’s when they start to have sex. They do the tango and both orgasm for the first time. Benedict thinks to himself that this is the first time he actually feels real pleasure. (I was thinking he meant a connection, like making love vs sex).

We find out that Benedict is yet to be engaged to Rania and he doesn’t know how she is. We also learn that he hasn’t slept with the whole lot of women that Laura brings to him but pays them instead to act like they did so rumors would start. (I think his reasoning is so the woman he’s engaged to hates him off the bat. Because as we know from previous chapters, Benedict knows that he has an issue with hating whoever he loves because of childhood trauma with his parents.) Benedict did sleep with Laura and this FWB person. (The author states this person isn’t going to show up at all.)

For my opinion, as you say, Benedict is going to have to grovel to Rania before his guilt can be eased . We all know that the characters in this webtoon are deeply flawed, Benedict being the worst of them. It seems like in the upcoming chapters, Benedict will show extreme guilt to Rania and I hope she doesn’t forgive him right away.
    In a way, knowing that Benedict didn’t sleep with a crowd of women kind of makes it better for me. He slept with Laura once? And maybe a few times with the one-nightstand.

Edit: I’ll give them both the reason of doubt that before these few months, they weren’t this bad at hurting each other through words. More like they acted as acquaintances between each other and family when they’re with Hayden.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    Lignin, Kumoshiro, spchntrt and 15 others like this.
  15. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for providing such detailed context to help me better understand. I think I'm gonna sleep better now lol
    I was feeling deeply conflicted with Benedict's behaviours and attitude thus far while still empathizing with him and being conscious that these are the results of his unresolved trauma (and his lack of willpower to address and process said trauma).

It's nice to confirm that he did indeed wasn't just sleeping around with numerous women without much thought.
    Based on studies, we understand that women tend to form emotional connection with the men they sleep with, and the more men they sleep with, the less they are likely to form bond with their next partner. While this phenomenon is predominant in women, however, it does not necessarily suggest that men do not form emotional connection during sex at all or that casual sex will have no impact on their bonding ability with their next partners. Sexual intercourse is a very intimate act in itself despite how much the contemporary world tries to establish otherwise (by saying that casual sex has no impact on long-term relationships and bonding ability and so on). It's in human nature to compare past and current sexual experiences as we have witnessed being reflected in this current chapter. The more women Ben has slept with, the more likely he is to compare them to Rania. Ben realized that he has never felt that way before while orgasming and this realization was done through reminiscing about past sexual experiences and analyzing his feelings from this current sexual act.
    Having said all that, knowing that Benedict did not sleep around as much as we had initially assumed does help as he would have less women to reminisce about and that his sexual union with Rania may have had produced a meaningful bond that didn't just entirely stem from him being able to orgasm for the first time out of many times he has tried (but was perhaps influenced by it to a large extent).
    I like to think (for my own and Rania's sakes) that his past sexual experiences had not cheapened his attraction and bond with Rania all that much, however it does give us that impression since we got a scene of his one nightstand during his cadet years immediately after we saw an intense scene with Rania.

Edit: saw on instagram that the author will revise the second half of the chapter due to feedbacks that the scene with brunnete had disrupted the emotional flow and undermined the main characters' moment.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Kumoshiro, halcyonDayz, Ceu and 4 others like this.
  16. Sooniecutie

Sooniecutie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this reply yes, and they even forgot for over 10 years ML thought Hayden is not his child, rubbed salt in the wounds for both FL and his son by his own assumption, bruh imagine your husband doesn't remember we had sex then he thinks the child is not biologetic for over 10 years, i would be mad as hell

17. sierraphine

sierraphine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank god! its good that the author will edit the second half of ch 76. the scene with the OW left a bitter taste in my mouth. i mean, we were about to see the truth behind that night then they proceed to show us the scene with the brunette. it kinda ruined the momentum for me.

salty25 and Pearl1995 like this.
  18. avatare449

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn ml has no support when it comes to stories like these it's actually crazy especially when they both hurt eachother but somehow ml has to be the one to go the full mile instead of them meeting in the middle but he's the man I guess.

AsmaeOphelia, Enken and lDeadKillerl like this.
  19. aasin

aasin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers, guys <3

20. Lunyl

Lunyl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Although they were not married and he didn't care who the bride was, everyone else knew it was Raina(even . Everyone knew he was being passed around; imagine how Raina felt at every social gatherings.Hell, imagine how how she felt everywhere she went with those people who love to gossip(not so discreetly ).

Pearl1995 and evanesco99211 like this.