Spoiler The Daily Task of Preventing My Disciple from Turning to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Apr 26, 2017.

1. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Damn wrong quote. LOL

@readerz

Ainushi Translations. I am offering a TLC-er and editor :9

Meh, I hate people nitpicking on others. They could have picked the project up earlier but decided to do it ONLY after seeing a shit MTL. >.>

alexfilia likes this.
  2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Offering TLC and editor to me? But I only MTL. Won't your TLC-er cough up blood from the mouth if they try to check my accuracy? Seriously, the effort would be enormous...

Edit: Let your editor and TLC-er look at the chapters I have and see if they actually do want to work that much. :cool: They might be shocked. BTW this is my first project so it's really rough going. I am planning to MTL 10-20 chapters first to get the feel of the story before trying to get an editor. Hopefully as I keep MTL'ing my work will improve.

alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  3. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    She has a bit of time to kill... Though, as with most, TLCs tend to take up to 2-3 weeks depending on the severity/complexity of the text.

readerz likes this.
  4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) Wow, okay give me 2-3 days. I will probably be on the 10th chapter by then and I can give your TLC-er some work. And by some I mean "a whole lot of."

Edit: Wait, I just realized something. You want to place it on your website, right? But I really love having my own little piece of the internet. :love:

krrizis likes this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Audene, readerz and alexfilia like this.
  6. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    krrizis, kiara8, Kittsune and 3 others like this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, this is helpful. I'm trying my best lol but it's not like translating is easy. Did you know that 食补 is a special diet based on the concept of ying and yang, hot and cold etc? The story's MC is using medical terms now. :cry: I must say I have never seen 食补 in my entire life. Unless it's just the chicken herbal soup... lol.

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  8. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    tonic food xD

9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :love: That's only for old people (in my family), I've never had it.

10. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I might have gotten it wrong (MTL wai you do this), but I'm pretty sure from what I remember that MC is from the demon/monster side. He was separated from his family when super young and he comes across them much later when he (along with ML) leave the sect.

readerz, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    do you remember why people wanted him imprisoned in the past life?
    Also are his parents good people?

readerz likes this.
  12. krrizis

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone loves a piece of the net <3~

kiara8 and readerz like this.
  13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link

Kittsune, kiara8 and readerz like this.
  14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    edited: since offtopic

I look forward to finding out what exactly Liu and MC's relationship is like

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Luen, Neelambori, joseashona and 3 others like this.
  15. xakiox

xakiox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unrelated since this is a spoiler thread but....@readerz I just started reading this story today and I'm honestly grateful for your MTL translation. I didn't even know it was an MTL translation at first because many of the other MTL translations I read were direct copy paste with zero editing, almost completely unreadable. Even though it's MTL, it's obvious that you tried your best to make quick but good translation by editing and going back correcting when mistakes are found.
    If someone else wants to make a better or more "accurate" translation, they can go ahead and do it without being unnecessarily rude. I don't understand why that other translator found it necessary to nitpick and complain about your translation when you already obviously stated at the beginning that yours is simply a MTL for the sake of faster release and accuracy isn't guaranteed. I also think that the other translator was kind of a...hypocrite? They boast about "accurate translation" but when I read their translation there were parts where the translator wasn't even sure if it's correct...but then they go complain about a MTL translator who already admitted that accuracy isn't guaranteed...wut?? And not to be rude but based on their previous track record, hiatus and dropped projects, quick MTL translation is really not a bad idea since there's more than 90 chaps. and before you posted your first chap, I think they didn't even made any announcement that they've picked it up, officially made it their project, already in the process of translating and a release is underway? I didn't saw any...they posted a summary and urged someone to pick it up, which someone eventually did "pick up" but it was just a teaser only and won't be officially released until the translator's current project is done, which we don't even know when. As a novel with more than 90 chaps and no clear announcement/update on the project's status or translation progress other than ambiguous "maybe" that it will be released "someday", a quick MTL translation for excited/impatient fans is definitely reasonable, just like how some translators make summaries for quick release even though another translator is already doing a full translation because it can take years to finish. It's so ridiculous that they claim you "stole" their project smh. just ignore that person

Oh no this became longer than I expected orz I was gonna say thank you but it developed into a semi rant??? Ok time to go

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Kittsune, kiara8, smr85 and 3 others like this.
  16. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on ch 28 (via GT :') ), so far nothing happens between them, but it seems like Liu really knows MC's personality since he said

that MC's strength(viciousness) only shows when he is protecting something important and unfortunately MC only regards his life as important (and nothing else)

(unrelated) bonus : cue in internal screaming on page 20

ML : *kiss MC on his lips*
    MC : .... you can only do that to people you're very close to
    ML : *innocent face* but shizun you're the closest person to me
    MC : ...

Audene, Boinkers, lazynoodles and 5 others like this.
  17. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I read ahead a little bit skipping some chapters but those two are hilarious. :cry: I really prefer the arc when ML was still a tiny child.:love:

kiara8 likes this.
  18. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any people that try to bully the ml because the mc likes him?....did any elder try to oppose him again?

kiara8 and readerz like this.
  19. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are lol! the combination of clueless MC + devious innocent looking ML (who gets away with doing "not so proper' things by acting as clueless innocent child) is seriously golden xD

20. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes to both question, but this time MC is not 100% clueless so we can see him beating up people xD (bonus points for ML "cleaning up" people in the background)

kiara8, readerz and alexfilia like this.