LCD The Dark King

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    MC triggering the loli romance flag #Likeaboss

Betrayal? Don't tell me that one time in orphanage? LoL

2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's when his "parents" try to get him married to the noble house

3. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please explain the actual age of the MC? When the author is discussing the orphanage in the beginning he heavily implies that the MC is about 7 years old but looks like he's 11 because he's tall due to proper nutrition. It's just that his body has atrophied due to the 300 years of stasis, which leaves him about on par with the orphans.

Later on the author says that the MC went to Harvard when he was 12 prior to the stasis. This implies that he would have been older than 12 when he went into stasis because it'd be unlikely that he would have only gone to the campus in the US for a week or so before flying back during the global disasters to get into a Chinese bunker.

What is his age? Did he undergo some genetic age regression prior to going into stasis, or is this a simple case of the author playing fast and loose with details as he's pumping out chapters for word count?

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    Dudian was 9 years old when he woke from frozen storage, translator explained it in later chapter

5. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah....
    *how pointless of a betrayal*

I personally thinks we should take off that betrayal tag since thats not triggering at all

pirateking36 likes this.
  6. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe the one who put it know something else, but for me it's the only form of betrayal i saw till chapter 35

7. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, in case of that doesn't that count as spoiler?
    Well I can see potential betrayals everywhere from this story tho .-. Since the MC most likely to be the bigger betrayed lol

8. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    the lcd thread can be considered spoiler for people who haven't a single chapter

9. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good, but it still doesn't explain this from chapter 7:
    Dudian mind turned a supercilious. He would be more than happy if the examination was about memory test. In old era children with IQ range of 120 to 140 were labeled as geniuses. His daredevil sister had 142 IQ. However his result from IQ test was 168. He never forgets the day that he was accepted to Harvard University at the age of twelve.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Rephidim

Rephidim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting
    To the reading list it is.
    I will wait until more updates.

11. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    probably his sister too, his sister have 12 years, he is a normal(except iq) no reincarnation, no time slip

12. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 37 - 38
    buying gunpowder? i wonder if the beasts can be easily killed with that

13. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting novel. I'm waiting to see when and what type of alchemist the mc will.become. The novel seems promising, but I hope that it won't become another.. Bland apocalyptic type of novel, one where there'll be only fights and characters whitouth depth.

14. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    'If he had two dagger he would be able to easily reach the destination but right now he had only one dagger.' - will he buy another one?

Where do those undeads come? Were they made by an alchemist? Is there a plot of another noble? Are they wandering undeads? Is there .. something like a undead boss?

15. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    *fliptable*
    Why he no use gunpowder?!
    I was waiiitingggh
    I thought it had the same force like a small scale bomb or smth

And suddenly there is a horde of zombies attacking them
    AlakalNkzsmnzzjnsizmdlssusnsksiskns

16. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    'It was a thumb-sized, This is a thumb-sized, spherical dark blue ball.' - so, would that become the loot? What will the Church do when they'll find out about what he did?

“I don’t know exactly what this is. However, hunters who kill the undeads will dig out their heads for this thing. It should be very valuable. Otherwise they won’t turn a blind eye on things like gold.”said Dudian. He had seen many all the heads of the undeads had been split but he would have never thought that hunters would split the head to pick this dark blue ball out!'- tsk. They don't even teach the scavengers what to look for. Now, that reminds me about the question that the mc had about how the things the find are evaluated.

'Moreover there are very large number of undeads and it is by no means were leftovers ignored by hunters. Most probably they had moved over from other regions!” I think that they are being used as bait by the Hunters.

'
    They were scavengers and the best thing that they were provided with were dagger. This dagger was not meant to be used to fight but to cut the bark or used by scavengers when the need to cut things arise. According to consortium’s definition scavengers do not need to fight. If they met up with monsters the only option is to run. If they can run away it’s their own fortune, if not they were just unlucky.

Like cannon fodder on the battlefield. They were not meant to take away the enemy’s head and bring victory. Each position was given value according to its functions.' - tsk. What close minded people...

“He is our consortium’s hunter.” Dudian noted the medal on youth’s chest and relieved a bit. If it was other consortium’s hunter, then they would be ‘silenced’ if they were exposed. - inner fightings at plat. As if there aren't enough monsters to hunt...

What will the hunter do? How was he hurt? Who or what attacked him? Why is he alone?

17. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    'Mason looked at his eyes with some hesitation. After all, anyone who is involved in the action to kill the hunter is a murderer. ‘Murderer’ is a heavy word for people such as them.'- so, no mercy for the weak?

Huh... Not even the hunter expected them to believe them as he, in the end, choosed to lie. I'm curious to see if the mc will end up using the gun powder and if he,'ll blame the dead of the hunter on a alchemist.

Why I find strange is the fact that the hunter continued to hunt and didn't choose to rest/heal. Beside that, the nature of his 'damage' is unknown... Maybe it was caused by a boss level unded and that's why there are so many undeads, they were 'directed' by the boss?

18. nebulez

nebulez Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tldr: Dudian gets into a romantic relationship with Jenny and get's betrayed by her when she refuses to believe in him.

Her father disapproves of their relationship so he frames Dudian.
    While in a holding cell Jenny comes to talk to Dudian and asks him why he did it
    Dudian says he's innocent but Jenny doesn't believe him
    She's too naive and believes that because a deacon confirmed Dudian was guilty and there's no way a deacon would lie or be swayed by money, Dudian is guilty.

Dudian gets pissed and vows to give up on love, and sacrifice everything for power

he gets two long nails hammered into his shoulders, tortured, and will be executed in 5 years
    oh ya he almost ends up eating a c*ck meat sandwhich which made me really worried while I was reading

Astaroth likes this.
  19. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    “A rare level 9 monster. After I kill you my magic marks will be able to evolve again. Finally I will master a new ability!” - hm. So, there are magic abilities? Will the MC gain those of the Hunter?

'After all, he only saw a simple message in the hunting manual describing the monster as ‘extremely sensitive to the smell’. But there were no specific details about the range.' - why aren't those manuals available to the general public?

'Soon he came to the fourth floor. The previous rapid footsteps had disappeared. He smiled coldly and said: “Hide and seek! I haven’t played this game in a long time. Hide! I will let you taste the despair! You will know what it looks like when footsteps of death are coming towards you step by step… … ” - so.. he's also a hunter that's used to hunt humans...

I think that that moster will come back sooner than he's expecting.

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!! I dont know why he gave chapters, but the translator is dependable ( daily chapter).

Dori likes this.