LCD The Dark King

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    The last chapters were interesting, but, I'm waiting to see if Durian will become the prison's boss and if he'll escape by himself or with the help of others.. or if he'll wait for his prison term to end.

2. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    That is humans sometimes they smart sometimes they stupid we not machine ........................Who perfect

3. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think those were mistakes that someone smart could make thats fine, but I disagree. For that and other reasons I have already mention I have lost the ability to enjoy the novel. I can see you think differently about it than I do, which is good because you still have one more novel to read.

4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    There is time good novel have bad arc you can't just say I dropped this novel blah blah blah if everyone have the same brain as you ......................................................Poor Author !!!!

5. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would agree he is a poor Author. Its already repetitive before even 100 chapters were out. He has to force his Mc to be dumb just so he can figure out how to move the story along. If everyone had the same brain as you, I guess he could do whatever and no one would notice.

Astaroth likes this.
  6. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok,i disagree with this. The father was stupid there was no reason to kill the MC.

First of off he have abilities of a elite hunter. Not only that but with his brains he was going to become a judge. He also had very low radiation levels even for a poor person.

Why in the hell would he kill someone like that, or even the hunters let someone like the MC go through their fingers? You all are blaming the MC for being talent and the important people knowing about it. The last hunt the hunters should have to the group that the MC smelling range is broken and he will become a viable asset in the future which they are ready knew.

The MC not knowing that the hunters are a bunch of morons and the father is not his fault.

7. NightinWolf

NightinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I'm in the WuxiaNation team. Let me tell you all that the author gives explanation to everything as the story progresses. So you will get the answers to all your questions.

So for example, waleuska asks why her father wants to kill dean? and he gives proper explanation why he should actually accept dean as a son in law. But in the future chapters there will be a proper explanation why he wasn't chosen.

The author's style is totally different to other writers which makes the story unique. the ones who want to quit, you are welcome to but the people who are reading will enjoy the story as it progresses:) peace out!

juniorjawz and Dori like this.
  8. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your explanation!

There are already some small clues that were given. I think that the earliest one was given when the mc was to marry that young noble girl. The latest clues were given when that deacon put a price on his hiberty (foreshadow of a conflict and revealing of the truth?) and when those inmates asked about what happened, about why he was in prison. In a way, to me, the mc is still in the fleshing phase, where the writer defines his limits. But, I hope that the mc will keep a trace of humanity.

Anyway, i think that, whatever he does, he'll be kept under supervision. I also think that his alchemic mark will be a cross (mentioned in a previous chapter+the torture chapter).

What I find strange is.. Why his magical marks weren't affected by his torture. I also find strange the fact that he was put in the same place as common prisoners. And so on. Maybe we'll receive some explanations in the future chapters.

Astaroth and NightinWolf like this.
  9. TrueReader

TrueReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What i don't get is how he fell for her so damn fast, Then he just so happened to forget that the nobility consider everyone that's not a noble scum. The novel keeps mentioning how smart he is but we have yet to see him use any of iq.

Suoh95, Astaroth and NightinWolf like this.
  10. NightinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this prison arc is all about making him ruthless... You will understand on chapter 149 what I mean by being ruthless.

Being smart does not mean that you are smart-street wise. I have seen people with PhD in philosophy whose legs tremble the moment they face a guy who looks a bit dangerous and speaks with slang. So like IQ and EQ are totally different things

11. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT: the first thing you said is that every time he went outside someone else wanted to kill him. but they were different circumstances because the first time he went he used them as bait so the hunter didn't care if died or stayed alive but you could say he was trying to kill him because later when his plan failed he was trying to kill him. but the second time MC was the one who attacked so you can't say they were trying to kill him since obviously they wouldn't let him kill them without fighting back. the third time it was straight up murder. So yes you are right on the first argument but there were different circumstances so you can't really compare them. you said it is forced but I mean what does forced mean? if they were naturally flowing with the story.

the second thing you said is him being stupid enough to trust girl's father, I think that's totally wrong. maybe you didn't read it properly but the first time he heard he had to go on the mission he was suspicious and then his girlfriend was like it isn't dangerous mission and he also prepared contingencies in case it turned out to be a problem.
    and the second thing is I think you forgot is that hunters are respected and feared by the Nobles. if you remember the first party he went to all of the Nobles were currying favors with the hunters that came to the party. so he has enough status. oh and also he is going to be judge and that is extremely respected position in the noble circle.

the last thing you said is him believing the government, so you are saying that he should have revolted and got killed in that instance instead of using the law to his advantage and only getting imprisoned.

so all in all, I don't know how any of you argument made sense about how the MC was stupid or the author was forcing the MC to be dumb. and the author never said MC was wise, MC only had high IQ and if you think high IQ lets MC be all knowing being then you are severely mistaken.

Oh and you can tell me if I made any mistakes or I was wrong somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Drake98, Astaroth, Dori and 1 other person like this.
  12. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is 1 year really that fast? some novels let the MC fall in love in days. and you just happen to forget that MC is a hunter that is respected and feared by the nobles? and I don't see how things that MC doesn't know has anything do with how high MC's IQ is. Like I mean when you are 13 years old rising star that is going to be a judge and hunter that is highly respected and feared would think that just Nobel is able to let hunter and the court let do his bidding. He obviously underestimated and overestimated the authority of Noble and Court or his importance to the company. I don't see this is anything related to him having high IQ or not. and I think it would have been better if the author hadn't mentioned his IQ instead had said he just really smart. People are getting misconceptions that high IQ equals that you are no longer capable of mistakes.

waleuska likes this.
  13. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Dudian glanced at him . “I haven’t committed any crime. But in the future if I commit a sin, I will never be caught. So, I’m not a trash like you! “

Looks like the MC became indifferent & calm. I'm wondering, is he like that because he considers others as 'guilty'? Or.. beneath him as they were caught?

This quote shows two perspectives: 1. guilty of a crime from a personal point of view (this include the 'acknowledgment' of the crime by the one who did it); 2. guilty of a crime from a social point of view (where the criminal is caught).

I'm looking forward to see how he'll act, what personal limits he'll discover(?) and what limits (law) will he create (if he'll create any).

14. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone think that the hunter that Dudian helped out earlier will help him out of prison?

15. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope she doesn't. its kind of spoiler if you want to know what she does later in novel. if you want to know let me know

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think romantic arc or current are is pointless. the romantic arc and this arc is for character development. In order for character development, that character has to go through different experiences. the romance was about the trusting, loving and beliving the law and justice but later it was about betraying, facing the reality and coldness of the world and that strength and power is everything without it, you are nothing.

I don't think there was any rape, I thought that he was going to get raped but he beat the guy who was going to so he didn't get raped. I don't see how the author could have made MC aware of the cold reality other than this way. how could he have shown character development without showing the harshness own the world?

17. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it means that he despises them and he going to commite crime in future and be cautious enough so that they can't catch him unlike them. and he thinks there is no guilty as long as you aren't caught. and if they are caught they are trash because they were stupid enough to get caught.

NightinWolf likes this.
  18. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    But the new inmate was raped, no?

Maybe. I still want to see how he'll become The dark king and how he'll 'play' with alchemy; and to see what he'll do and how he'll explain/justify/what logic he'll have/use when he'll act.

19. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time, that crazy hunter tryed to kill him, so your wall of arguments starts with a lie....

Astaroth and Bikersmoke like this.
  20. NightinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, the blue haired new inmate was raped in front of his eyes and he didn't even blink or was disgusted. just calmly rested

Dori likes this.