Spoiler The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kainaeomi09, May 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AvERaGeNP

AvERaGeNP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing i stopped reading this trash. Even reading the spoilers makes me wanna dig my eyes out. I got killed by them but they didnt know so its not their fault. Just wow. Some sort of redemption would have been nice rather then just making it like it never happened since many of us were expectant of the conclusion.

2. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    He just doesn’t care, because he understands the reason behind their actions. That being said, twice now Rodcorte had a classmate try to kill him in Lambda and he didn’t bat an eye for killing them, because they were explicitly after his life and knew who he was.
    I think this is a completely reasonable mindset to have. Much beter than a angsty teen edgelord that believes the world is all against him and everyone in his class is evil and should certainly die, even if in that situation (him being a fucking UNDEAD wielder and origin of the death magic that broke the world’s balance and caused wars) gave his classmate good reasons to kill him since they had no idea who he was. I mean, they even tried to save the 8 other guys after they realized the undead was just a victim in this all. I mean, most of the classmates knows they screwed up and are fearful of him. Some even join him later on. It was a justified accident and Van knows it. The classmates don’t know he thinks like that, so that is why they are so fearful, because Rodcorte is a cunt and he paints Van as a mindless killing machine, even if his “angels” are closer to the truth than he is.

So yeah, Van has a brain in his head, and truth be told his death was a release more than anything because his years there were a fucking torture, we all know that. In lambda, however, he had a loving mother. What happened there? Some stupid shit killed his mother. What did Van do? Killed the guy that gave the order, killed a member of the party that captured his mother, basically destroyed a country and has a sworn vengeance with the leader of the party that captured his mother. So yeah, it is not like he is completely forgiving, he just wants to be left alone and try to have a peaceful and happy life for once. He knows that mindless anger, rage and killing would work against him in that regard, and since he has a brain and morals (as twisted as they became), he does not actively pursue trouble.

That is all I can say. Sure, you might not like it, it is your right to do so, but don’t use such weak reasoning and arguments, it is a disservice to the novel and your opinion.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Korleone, Miaka_Mei, Kreig123 and 2 others like this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He also is not a sociopathic murderer.
    Not forgiving or demanding retribution would mean Van is not fit to be a heroic character. Now I know allot of people like the revenge driven characters, but revenge against the repentant or those already seeking redemption (which the bravers in general are) is taking that to far when there was no actual malicious actions.

The only members who had a chance of figuring out the undead was their missing reincarnator are already serving as the idiot gods angels, and they did not figure it out because they did not ask the right questions, not because they did not try to find him.

Korleone and Miaka_Mei like this.
  4. AvERaGeNP

Reading List:
    Link
    idk what is happening currently since i dropped this novel a long time ago. My reasoning for this dropping this novel is quite clear and many people agree with me since many reviews on this novel share my opinion. Start of the novel gives us a false introductary for this novel. This novel sets out as a strong revenge themed but changes to isekai JP later on. Also read my review on this novel.

5. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    He starts to change noticeably in the first 10 chapters, still in the introductory phase. not later on. really everything up to the Ghouls Vs. Orcs battle is the introduction arc, and he is not out for revenge well before that is over.

The novel is about someone coming out of their darkness and healing the world with him, not tripling down on it and going on a murder spree. If you thought it was about revenge, you were never reading the novel right.

6. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AvERaGeNP

Reading List:
    Link
    Revenge doesn't mean going on a murder spree. Revenge means revenge? Vengeance against those who did him wrong? I suppose they didn't know they did him wrong but he could have at least got something against them but he didn't do anything, like basically just nothing. That's just inst logical in any way. No matter how "understanding", no person has absence of negative feelings and especially him who had his life ruined by them, showing none it against them doesn't feel right.
    Just Imagine if someone "accidentally/unintentionally" kills you or your loved ones maybe, wouldn't it make you hate them or something? No? Well then maybe its a novel.

As I had said many people were expectant of some form of "get back", just anything, and reviews section proves that there are people who were left disappointed including me.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Ice_Rose likes this.
  8. Cenarous

Cenarous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so you mean like how he killed and shattered the souls of the Priest and adventurer who were involved in the death of his mother, placed the souls of the people who ratted his mother out to the priest into stone pillars to spend eternity, swore to shatter the souls of the other adventurers involved in the capture of his mother (once he became strong enough), killed all 2 of the 3 ancient vampires who were responsible for him even being known plus the ruler of the area he was born in who was working with the vampires, AND still has a bone to pick with Roscorte who he is only cautious of because he is a god damn GOD. He came to the realization that the heroes were just killing a monster from their perspective and would rather focus on the world he is living in rather than the dreadful past he experience. he clearly shows his vengeance to those who crossed him in this world but you know like ever vengeance character ever he needs strength first as before that it is pointless.

Korleone, Miaka_Mei and Poor_Hero like this.
  9. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    The classmates never ruined his life, lol. If anything they put him out of his misery. The ones that ruined his life were the scientists, and if I am not wrong he killed them all. Also, the biggest target of revenge here is Rodcorte, and we all know this will come in the endgame of the novel. I think Van not caring about his past lives or the people on them is very reasonable considering how miserable they were. And again, his classmates did not ruin his life, they just ended his suffering.

Your argument “it isn’t logical in any way” is actually an argument against yourself, because Van understanding the classmate’s actions and leaving them be is the most logical thing he could do. If he went on a revenge arc against them for what happened in his second life, that would be emotional, the opposite of logical. So you just debunked yourself there.

Korleone, Miaka_Mei and Cenarous like this.
  10. AvERaGeNP

Reading List:
    Link
    Logical in a viewpoint of us readers.

11. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Logical in the viewpoint of humans, tbh. That includes the characters. How many times has Van managed to avoid a fight by doing exactly that? I lost count. But then again, you said you dropped the novel, so you wouldn’t know.

My point is that this was the very first time Van did something like that and he has been consistent with it, so it is a character trait rather than the author pulling a bs twist to write a common jp isekai, because Death Mage is certainly not one. If anything it is a deconstruction of a common jp isekai, and the moments where Van do stuff like recreating mayo or similar moments are a parody of the trope, since he usually has to rely on the meat, eggs and the likes of abhorrent creatures to do so, his harem is literally comprised of monsters and he is turning insane as the series goes on, although he still relies on his ideals. Well, everyone is insane in this novel, and that is the point. Multiples lives, cheat powers and crazy gods can really screw a person’s mind.

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Re-assessing the situation after calming down, and figuring out who it really to blame, and who was acting on false info is a logical viewpoint for the readers. Anyone who does something to Van or his loved ones when they should have known better does not really leave his S$%^ list until they are dead (possibly with their soul destroyed) and not always in pleasant ways (looking at you Paris brothers).

Being willing to forgive the classmates who meant him no ill will, had no way of knowing what they were truly doing, and are repentant is logical for a mature individual, and not a hormonal teen sociopath.

That and anyone who thinks this was ever a revenge story did not read the title or description, they make it clear that this is a story focused on survival and living life to the fullest, not revenge which tends to cut both short

13. FriendlyDemon

FriendlyDemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the faction that is trying to get rid of his fundamential source of power (for argument's sake) and is also trying to seal a now part of himself? He should certainly mark them as threatening existences considering that if they accomplish a way to seal his powers others (Alda or Radcorte) might be able to take advantage of it. Though i could also see that by the time they are able to do something about Van, he has reached a point where whatever they do won't matter. Still, i hope he looks out for the individuals soon coming to Lambda that harbor ill will towards him.
    On another note, how would you guys like to see Van dealing with Heinz?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Turning him into a vampire or undead would be a pretty good revenge, as long as Van doesn’t use his charm on him. Let the guy realize that he is now on the other side of the conflict and will never be accepted back by Alda’s faction even if he tries. Also Van would most likely not accept him too (unless Darcia intervenes for whatever reason), so he would be on his own for basically eternity unless he kills himself.

Seeing Heinz being hunt down by Alda’s faction would be pretty neat in my opinion.

15. cangarana

cangarana New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who is the father of jadal?,

16. Nitpicking Reader

Nitpicking Reader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need spoilers for actual age of MC in the latest raws and if he lost his virginity or not, if he did with who? does he have any kids?

17. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is currently 12 years old. Still too young to have sex, but IIRC they've mentioned that it's getting close.

Despite that, he does have a son. He recently found the bones of the Dragon Emperor God Marduk, and consulted about what to do with them with his daughter, the Mountain Empress Dragon God Tiamat. She told him to spill his blood on the bones, after which she ate them, then told Van that in a week she'd lay an egg for a new Dragon, that would be their son, Bakunawa, a young all-consuming gluttonous dragon.

18. Nitpicking Reader

Nitpicking Reader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it, but the author is bs us with too young for sex, many people masturbate before 12, I personally did it at 6 yo...
    This is a problem with many novels, there is gore and many killing but for sex it's forgotten, in the case of this novel and others, there is sex and even rape but the MC is not allowed to... he even got NTred *sigh*
    The worst I expect is when he'll have the "age" (excuse of the author), he'll finish the novel or telling us in a prologue he had many children... what's frustrating is the huge harem but no act act.

19. gunkaiser00

gunkaiser00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the newest development of Heinz from several new raw chapter (3**)

It's their third encounter. He became more stupid and thickheaded, even Vandalieu and Darcia (Vida) shocked by every Heinz's responses he spouted. Welp, Nineroad save his ass at the last moment this time. sh*t

20. gunkaiser00

gunkaiser00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, Heinz and co would likely keep sticking close to Alda even tho they're claimed that they're peaceful faction. (hypocrite)
    even a train of confessions from the great Bellwood can't faze Heinz so called "justice"
    Poor Selen, being used as a mascot of "peaceful faction" by Heinz "subconsciously"
    but Vandalieu response to Selen ordinary letter also much disappointing & funny. He treated a normal little "dhampir" girl Selen as a part of faction (wtf?) *even two priest from alda and vida who's taking care of Selen are flabbergasted by Vandalieu rigid answer to Selen letter. hahahahahaha