The Delivery

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Simple As It, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Simple As It

Simple As It Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis:

The only objective is to deliver the package.

Simple as that.

Or he thought so ...

Chapter List:

>Chapter 1: To the unknown
    >Chapter 2: To the unknown [2]

Author note:

I made this as a practice my grammar and spelling. so, let me warn you first, this story might contain grammar nazi, bad spelling that might cause cancer or simply full of cringe grammar, read it with your own responsibility.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Casul Reader

Casul Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Casul Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure~
    I did say that if you "can and want to".

5. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, thanks for the notification

Casul Reader likes this.
  6. Astarte677

Astarte677 POHHHTAAAAHHHTUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Casul Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    There's effort, so no. I can tell what effort is when I see it.

8. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Truck-kun in another world....P

9. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    ...why? No reason to do that.

10. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, there no need to do such a thing, I'm happy as long as someone read my novel and respond it

beside, my grammars is not that good, so it might embarrassing me, hehe

ReadOrDie and Shio like this.
  11. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    In the middle of nowhere, a howling of dying person could be heard.

Though, that person is literally dying from car crash.

Wheel marks mixed with smeared blood and piece of human meat painted the road in red.

But then, a bright light shone in the darkness from the distance.

The dying man, at the thin line between life and death thought it was his time to join his companions.

His tears drop from his cheeks, he felt deep remorse, which he couldn’t fulfill his objective after so much sacrifice he and his companion had done.

Not until the loud noise of diesel engine could be heard.

It was not the light of the end of life but it was a light of big old Peterbilt truck on its way.

The light got closer and closer, until the truck stopped at the crash site.

A man came out from the truck, looking at the aftermath of the crash.

The dying man eyes shone, he sees a glimpse hope … a hope for him and everyone.

In his mission, the dying man, was told that if possible to not involve the outsider unless it’s on very critical or no more option anymore.

He muster all strength that still remain in his body and shout, “Help!”

The truck driver notice his voice and rush at his location.

The truck driver see a blond man in bloody suits were pinned by what’s left of SUV, half of his body were crushed.

The truck driver kneel beside him and examine the dying man.

He’s actually looks young, even though his face covered with blood and scars from the crash, and the most confusing one is his ears … he had pointed ears.

The truck driver really confused, ‘am I drunk?’ he thought that because earlier he drank few bottle of beers, although he know his limit and responsibility of driving under alcohol is similar asking for death so he didn’t drink to the point of drunk’.

The truck driver shake his thought and said “I’ll call the police and ambulance please hang in there”

When he about to leave to his truck, the dying man with his bloody hand grab the truck driver right leg.

“Hah … hah … no need, hah … get closer … and listen to me” said the dying man.

Actually the truck driver knows that this person won’t make it, so he listen to his request and kneeling once again beside him.

“F-find 3 briefcase inside the sedan trunk … hah … hah … inside those briefcase is gold and diamond but the last one … hah … the last one is sealed with special key … hah … hah … you can take the other two but not the last one, the last one is must be delivered!” with fiery red eyes, the dying man said to the truck driver.

“You must deliver it no matter what … hah … the advanced payment is the gold and diamond … hah … hah … you will be rewarded more if you delivered the sealed briefcase”

“B-but … I-“

“I DON’T TAKE “NO” ANSWER! Hah … hah … please … I beg of you … please” then the dying man is crying.

He’s had no hope for his life, nothing but trust the sealed briefcase to stranger.

He know that trusting stranger that he just met is might be a mistake, but it’s rather than the sealed briefcase fallen into hands of the enemies.

“I know you probably thinking that we are robbers or something like that … hah … you can trust me that the gold and diamond are not stolen goods … hah … hah … even, there is its certificates inside, he he … so don’t worry … just deliver the sealed briefcase”

“Okay, fine … I try my best but I can’t promise you”

“It’s okay, if you can’t deliver it … hah … hides it somewhere, bury it, ship it to Alaska or send it to the space is okay too … just don’t let it fall to other person”

The dying man look at his left hand, he try to take of his watch but his hand is shaking greatly because of the blood loss and it’s slippery since it’s covered with blood.

“S-s-shit! Fuck!” while he cursed at his difficulty to taking off his watch.

Seeing this, the truck driver said “let me help you” but no matter what, the small clip of watch won’t open.

“It’s futile, the watch cannot be taken off by stranger … hah … hah … cut my wrist …”

“What? For what? Is not like the gold or diamond like what you said is not enough to me” The truck driver thought the dying man trying to give his watch to him also as token of payment.

“Hah … hah … look carefully at my watch … you see that? There is only one hour hand … hah … in fact it’s actually not really a watch, it’s like a compass of objective, there is also another use actually but unfortunately you can’t use it other than as pointers of your objective … hah … hah … and your objective is to deliver the sealed briefcase”

“Hah … … … haaahhh … I don’t have much time to live in this world, so if you have anything to ask … ask right now before I’m gone …” The dying man breath became slower and slower.

The truck driver is a bit hesitated, but then said “who are you and what’s inside the sealed briefcase?”

“I would like to tell you who am I, or who are we and what we do but … hah … it’s very long story … but to be short … we are a chosen group to retrieve special item and must deliver it to her highness no matter what and if we can’t, at least we must hide it … hah … hah … and that item is inside the briefcase … hah … … … hah … … … hah … … … actually the less you know the better, because … hah … there is hidden dangers if you know too much … hah … hah … I … I think … I think this is my time to go with my friend to Valhalla … dear stranger … please de … li … ver … …” The dying man now is dead man. He’s dead.

The truck driver is confused, ‘you trust me to deliver that briefcase but you won’t tell me anything about you, the item inside or whatever actually happen? What hidden dangers? If you said I’m in danger when deliver your briefcase then why you didn’t tell me the detail? Is your brain is damaged too much or something?’

He want to retort everything, because he’s right now is really confused.

He didn’t know if he should be happy or not, he’s reluctant to deliver the sealed briefcase.

He could just take the other briefcase and pretend didn’t see anything or pretend nothing happen.

But his conscience didn’t dare to do such wicked thing.

At very least he had to try … and if it’s really dangers when deliver it, he will not deliver it but hide it somewhere like the dyin- the dead man said.

He put his hand on the dead man and close his eyes, while chanting few prayers with hope he will be at the better place.

It’s been an hour after he met that man.

He not even know his name, the only thing in his thought was ‘what to do with all of this gold and diamond’.

He thought the gold and diamond was in small amount, but he never thought that the whole inside of each briefcase. The gold worth than 1 billion dollars even more the diamonds.

Having a lot of money is good but having too much money outside their own capabilities is nothing but inviting troubles.

In the darkness of country side highway, he look at the watch from earlier.

It’s pointing forward following the highway, when at few turns, the needle also follow the way of road.

He thought it was some kind of GPS in shape of watch, distracting his thought earlier about what to do with the gold and diamond, he examine the watch once again.

When he about to grab the watch, suddenly his truck shaking greatly.

He thought he was going off-road because he wasn’t focused when driving.

Because of high speed of truck and the heavy weight of truck, he had great difficulty controlling his wheels.

But soon after he able to control his truck again and slowing down his speed.

The road was no longer asphalt but crude dirt and stone, unpaved but clearly can be said that the road was often being passed.

He stop his truck and trying to check how long he have been derailed, but he thought probably it wasn’t that far from the highway.

But when he sees outside the window was greatly shocked him.

It was dense forest.

“What the-“

He know clearly that the highway he use was in the middle of dessert, even there is a trees it won’t be this much and this green.

He racked his brain, thinking about what actually happen in here.

But unfortunately, when he’s at the middle of his thought … an uninvited guest has come.

*Trsssk *Trssk

The sound of creature moving between dense shrubs.

Even though with the loud engine sound, he’s aware about moving sound inside the forest.

He quickly grab his trusty semi-automatic Winchester shotgun.

He pointed the gun muzzle at the forest, while watching the movement and voice.

Soon, he could see … a hideous green colored creature.

Its shape were like human midget but its ears and teeth were clearly not belong to human.

*SKEEEEEEE!

The thing let out high pitched roar at him, knowing that the creature is not human nor animal but at least he know that this thing is hostile toward him.

Without thinking much, he pull the trigger.

*BANG!

A loud sound echoing through the forest, waking many beast that only god know what is it.

*Splatters!

Its head was completely blown off, leaving oozing smell of mixed gunpowder and blood.

*SKEEEE*SKEEEEE *SKEEEE

Many more sound came out after its death.

He know clearly they number is too much for him.

He close all of his truck windows and hit the gas deeply.

*VVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM!!!!!

A loud roaring sound of truck engine echoing mixed with voice of anger of the green creature.

His truck moving slow because of the bad road but although it’s slow, it’s clearly still faster than person running with feet.

Very quick, truck leaving only dust for those green creature.

About few couple minutes after the truck driver shoot the green creature.

5 person arrived at the scene.

They wore an attire that you might found in medieval era but much more unique.

The female archer that wore tight fitting leather and hood examine what’s left behind the truck driver.

“There is only one corpse of goblin, the way he killed it seems like a small earth explosion magic”

Although she said that, it’s clearly she didn’t speak any of earth language and the way she refer He actually is he/she in unknown.

“Is that so? No wonder it’s making very loud sound … other than that, what about the other sound? The sound that’s like beast but unlike any other beast I’ve met”

A man in his mid-thirties that wore knight-like armor but also mixed with leather armor, the way its look, it’s clearly that the armor focused on mobility rather than defend.

“I didn’t know it either, but when I see it from the distance … it eyes shone very bright light, the shape was box-like and more importantly ...” She look at the tire mark at road and said “it has very weird way to move”

“hmmm, certainly it’s very weird and unknown … but if it’s box-like shaped and moving like this … isn’t that like carriage?” said the man in his mid-thirties.

“It might be so, but I didn’t see any creature pulling it”

After they done examining, they return to their camp but they were unable to sleep because their brain keep thinking, asking, and feeling of curiosity about the unknown thing before them.

Meanwhile our Truck driver is still driving to the unknown.

12. Simple As It

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2: To the unknown [2]

It have been 2 hours since he left those green creature, but his truck had no sign of slowing down.

Alexander John is his name, as his experience through his entire life, this is the most bizarre thing that happen to him.

After seeing those green creature, he know that inside this forest is full danger, so he didn’t dare to randomly stop unless he certain he was truly safe.

*GLODAK *GLUDUMB *GLUM

An endless sound of metallic clashing together because of bumpy road.

Actually, his truck is unsuitable to pass this kind of road, his truck was built for long distance in highway, not off-road.

After bumpy jumpy road for more 30 minutes, the truck driver or Alex was stopping his truck at peak of hill in open area, so he could observe his surroundings.

With the aid of moonlight, Alex found a glimpse of light faraway at down the hill.

Alex take his binocular inside his truck dashboard so he could see clearly.

It was a settlements, with a dim light that seemed to be a torch.

Alex could see with his binocular that they are man, a human, a normal human.

Alex’s overjoyed, seeing another human after he transported into unknown forest.

Without thinking much, he drive his truck to downhill, into the settlements.

The road was getting narrow and narrow, until all tree branches hit the truck and snapped.

Alex know that his truck is too big to pass this road, but he don’t care as long as there is no trees that blocking his way.

Baharmag Village.

A village that located at borderland between 2 kingdom, Kingdom of Amra and Kingdom of Demora.

Both kingdom hostile toward each other, they always fought from generation to generation.

The Legend said Kingdom of Amra first queen fell in love and made an affair with the king of Demora Kingdom, thus ignite the anger of King Amra Kingdom, the king kill his queen and wage the war with Demora kingdom because of the filthy thing he had done.

The other legend said that King Demora and King Amra fell in love with the same woman, thus both fighting for it and the war happen.

Many legend regarding war between 2 kingdoms but one thing for sure that the war caused by single women.

When the war happen, Baharmag village suffered from both side.

Why both side? Because their village located at borderland, both kingdom military confiscate their food and weapons, only tools for farming they didn’t take.

They suffer from malnutrition, because they can’t hunt, even they grow crops again, it’s still takes a long time before can be harvested.

When Alex spot the villager, they were doing patrolling because recent attack of magic beast.

Armed with their farming tools like fork, small axe or shovel, they could only relied in numbers.

They patrol in great numbers so they could overwhelm the beast and killed them or at very least drive them away.

“HoooAAAAMMMM~ … I’m so tired” whispered to his friend, by brown haired youngster while yawning like a hippo.

“I know! Everyone know! Don’t you think you’re they only one who tired” said iritiatedly the old man who lead the group.

“Ekkk, I’m sorry”, the brown haired youngster quickly replied.

He didn’t expected that the old man could heard his word.

While his friend at his side smiling, seemed they were happy seen him at his misfortune.

While they were giggling, suddenly they heard weird noise from the distance.

All of alarmed, they are looking everywhere trying to find the cause.

“Hei! Look over there!” said one of the villager while pointing at the hill where Alex at.

Every single of them now paying attention at the distance hill.

They saw a bright light coming down from the hill very quickly with loud noise and snapping branches along the way.

They panicked, they never seen such a thing like that.

“PREPARE FOR THE BATTLE!” Shout the Old man.

They grip their tools while trembling, they thought ‘why something like this happen to us? Why can’t we have a peaceful life?’.

Misfortune event came one after another to this village, so they thought something like that.

Their number is already small, the recent war and beast attack decrease their number every year.

Also some of them actually already leaving the village to better place, it might be another village or go to city but still, many of them is reluctant to leave their village, because they have to start everything at the bottom or at zero again.

*BLAM! *GRUGLE *GRUGLE

As the sound of truck that made it through out of the forest.

Soon Alex could see a mob of people carrying faming tool and torch.

He slowed down his truck and lower the truck headlight, so the mob won’t get blinded by the truck headlight.

*SCREEEECH *TSSSSSS

As his truck stopping in front of the mob.

Alex could see their face, their face is not far different from Caucasian, he’s glad though he also aware that they are not really welcoming him in warm hand.

Alex once more grab his shotgun and get out of his truck.

After the ‘thing’ was stopped in from them, they didn’t rush to attack.

Because their fear of death, and also the Old man had not command to attack.

The Old man noticed there is a man inside ‘that’ thing, even so, he didn’t slightly lower his guard.

*VRMVRMVRMVRM

The unknown sound from it is still exist, they thought that ‘thing’ is aware about their presence.

But then a man came out from it.

He wore very weird attire, actually Alex just wearing his usual clothes.

Alex wore green denim jacket, gray t-shirt and blue jeans.

But of course, for Alex, after what he saw, he thought they are bunch of people wearing some-kind-of tribe wear from Tibetan.

And of course, what villager wear was actually their casual clothes too, though by earth modern standard, it was like makeshift tribe wear clothes.

Now, both of them staring each other, observing one after another about other parties.

“I meant no harm” shout Alex.

The villager are confused about what he said.

He’s clearly didn’t speak any language they know, but also indirectly inform them that he’s a foreigner.

The old man notice this and quickly he chant something, some kind of bizarre word if normal earth people heard it.

“Say again, what you want?” said the old man, but still in his own language.

Somehow, Alex understood what he said but he bewildered, he speak some unknown language but he understood it.

“I-I meant no harm! I’m lost!” replied Alex.

“Really? Then could you tell your beast to quiet down?” said the old man in the same way as before.

‘Beast?’ Alex thought about it then realize that the ‘beast’ they talk about actually is his Truck.

So, Alex switch off his truck.

“Ok, I already turn it off, so … put your weapons down too” said Alex.

Then the old man told his group to lower their weapon, although some of the somewhat reluctant about it but in the end they follow the old man command.

“My name is Labaro, the chief village, and to whom am I speaking?” said the old man that actually is the chief village.

“Alexander, just call me Alex … I just want to ask few information” replied Alex.

“Sure, sure … it just … I hope you keep it down your beast” said Labaro while still being wary about the truck.

“Sure” Alex didn’t explain about the ‘beast’ actually just a transportation vehicle because he’s at the place of unknown, he’s unknown about everything in here, but they also didn’t know anything about him.

But also, there is another reason.

Back then, he watch a movie about a tribesman found glass bottle, they thought it was a gift from god. It was just a glass bottle for normal people but for the tribesman, it was a divine item.

So he did in similar way, at least it just for precaution.

But suddenly when they are about to talk more each other, they heard a loud scream that belong to female inside the village.

They are all gasped, and without thinking much, the group of villager rush to source of voice leaving behind Alex.

Because they all know, that the scream was caused by attack of magic beast.

While running, they silently pray that they hope the voice didn’t belong to their family members.

The village chief, Labaro was the fastest, even though at his old age, his movement and stamina is not belong to person at his age.

When the villager arrived at the scene, they saw 2 unconscious girl.

One of them already dead being mauled by the magic beast while other one is still laying motionless on the ground.

“MARTA! MAIA!” shout one of the man that seemed relative of them.

Afterward, they saw the cause of this.

It was a big black tiger, you might want to call it a panther but it has 2 big fang that looks like sabertooth from earth.

The size of it actually slightly bigger than normal tiger on earth.

Because of anger and grief, that man who just lost one of his family member rushed at the magic beast.

*RAWR!!!

The magic beast respond him with loud roar and swing his front paw at him.

When Labaro seen what’s happening, he also rush at magic beast.

He’s not attacking the magic beast, rather than that, he’s trying to save the man life from his reckless thing.

Fortunately, Labaro managed to push away that man and caused the paw hitting empty air.

Even though like that, they are not complete safe from another magic beast attack.

*RAWR! RAWR!!!

Seeing that the magic beast missed his target, he let out irritated roar toward Labaro.

As for Labaro, he’s actually pretty nervous, because he’s unsure that he could beat this magic beast.

If it was at his prime age, probably he still could beat this kind of magic beast.

The magic beast jumped at him while swipe its front paw.

But very quickly, Labaro evade the magic beast attack by rolling on the ground.

“Everyone attack! No need to hit him, just scare him away!” said Labaro.

He know they can’t kill it, but at least they should be able to scare him away.

The villager randomly swung their tools, as if attacking the magic beast.

*RAWR!!!

Unfortunately it doesn’t work, in fact, that made the magic beast furious.

The magic beast quickly jumped to crowd and swipe its paw to the closest person.

“AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!” a loud scream by the victim of the magic beast.

Because of fear getting killed, the group of villager dispersed.

But there is a single youngster that stood trembling, that youngster is the brown haired from previously.

He want to run, but his fear made him unable to move.

The magic beast bare its teeth at him, and suddenly jump at him.

The brown haired youngster know that he’s about to die, he close his eyes but then … a very loud noise came out from his behind.

*BANG!