Novel The Demon King's Seventeenth Wife is Scary [Ch.11 Is Up]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Lunnear, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, readers and writers alike. My name is Lunnear. This is my third original story that I had written. The writing itself has a lot of grammars and errors but please be nice since English isn't even my first or fifth languages. This is the first time that I tried to write using Chinese names so please do let me know if I spell something wrong.

Title: The Demon King's Seventeen Wife is Scary

Author: Lunnear from Royalroadl.com

Summary/Synopsis: Tao Jinghua [Meaning: Crystal Flower] the deadliest and scariest Assassin to ever walk the earth give up her life to save a city that was being purged because of an accident that the government had created unknowingly. However, in her last minutes of helping a Taoist believer to safety, she accidentally swallowed a pearl and blackout. When she wakes up, she found herself in the body of another existence with the same name and gender but different in look girl who was the 29 daughters of a Pottery family.

Okay, fine. I don't need to live in a rich family to be happy. Okay, fine. I don't need people to say that I am not pretty. Huh? Wait, what? My fiancee is dead? What? Could I cultivate to be immortal shall I wished it? What? You want me to marry the Fifth Princess?! Are you sure it's a princess and not a prince? What? The King wants me as his wife? Wait for a second, first of all, who the hell are you, people?!!!

Genres: Xianxia/Xuanhuan, Romance, Action, Drama, Martial Arts, Supernatural/Fantasy, Comedy

Table of Content:
    Book 1 Chapter 1: 25th Century Deadliest Assassin
    Book 1 Chapter 2: The 29th Daughter of the Tao Family
    Book 1 Chapter 3: The Universe Bags from an Elder Man
    Book 1Chapter 4: Leaving Home
    Book 1 Chapter 5: Beast in the Middle of the Night
    book 1 Chapter 6: The Otherside of The World
    Book 1 Chapter 7: The First Meeting of Jinghua and The Demon King
    Book 1 Chapter 8: Dead? Who is?
    Book 1 Chapter 9: The Weiqi Grandmaster Who Reign the World of Assassin
    Book 1 Chapter 10: Tao Jinghua and Her Previous Lives
    Book 1 Chapter 11: Tao Jinghua Does Not Want to Cultivate
    Book 1 Chapter 12:

Book 2, Chapter 1:
    Book 2, Chapter 2:
    Book 2, Chapter 3:
    Book 2, Chapter 4:
    Book 2, Chapter 5:
    Book 2, Chapter 6:
    Book 2, Chapter 7:
    Book 2, Chapter 8:
    Book 2, Chapter 9:
    Book 2, Chapter 10:
    Book 2, Chapter 11:
    Book 2, Chapter 12:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 1 Chapter 1: The 25th Century’s Deadliest Assassin
    Beware of Grammars and Errors. I had proofread this but there might be a couple of places that I missed. Please corrected me if any of you guys and girls found the errors or parts that don't make sense.

December 31, 2479 A.D, Shanghai, China

Towards the end of the 21st century, Earth's population underwent a tremendous change. Due to the flourishing economy and new discoveries in renewable energy, mining methods, farming techniques, and human genetics manipulation; humans have now lived longer, healthier, and easier lives.

The population doubled and now totaled to an astonishing number of 18 billion people worldwide. New cities were built anywhere where there are demands; floating in the air and on the sea.

In China, each major city had its own floating counterparts; gigantic structures that hover in hundreds of meters up in the skies above them. These huge floating habitats could house up to five million citizens on their own, easily.

Advancements in renewable energy using seawater heals the world and restores the atmosphere in a lot of ways. The new cleaner technology encouraged new and old plant growths, turning the world more lush and green. Trees grew taller and stronger, the air became purer and the environment began to balance itself once again. Because of the new discovery of using seawater as energy, the earth's atmosphere undergoes a change that is noticeable in a mere 50 years. Greens started to spread everywhere due to the air, which results in plenty of trees growing taller than a hundred years ago.

But with the increase in the humans' population, new demands and needs are necessary. New jobs, fields, specialties, technology, school, and all that needed to be increased to meet the demand. And thus, floating cities was mostly made out of school district and places where the rich can spend their life on.

Each floating city was at least 3,000 miles square of space to use and was able to house up to five millions of people at the least with no problem. There was even a major floating city that hosted more than 20 million people with no problem!

In one of these floating cities, the Tiankong Beijing Floating city, a big accident was currently happening. Hundreds of airships were leaving the floating city in a panic. In the middle of a large scientist lab that has thousands of different kinds of tools and machinery, a girl with bright green eyes, long black hair, white porcelain skins, and has the body of an hourglass was walking calmly to a monitor.

On the left side of her ears was a headset that was showing her a map of the building that she was current in. On her hands was two long, over a meter long, swords. This girl was wearing nothing but a pure white wedding dress that fit tightly into her body, showing her feet and the white high heel that she was wearing. The white wedding dress was rather simple yet elegant, making the girl look like an angel descended from heaven. However, this angel isn't a heaven angel but rather a hell angel in white. A devil, really.

Even when the girl is wearing a high heel, surprisingly, she made no sounds whatsoever when she walks into the room with huge monitors on the walls. Naturally, that was the control room for the Floating City. Each control room is hidden, very secretive, however, it was very easy for someone like this girl to find it.

As new energy got developed alongside with everything else, Martial Arts also got stronger as the air got purer, resulting in China gaining another additional patch of masters of Martial Artist. Unknowingly to the majority of the population, Tao Jinghua was one of the top three Grandmaster of Martial Arts. She doesn't have a specialty but that is why the assassin known as Airless Grandmaster is the most feared individual in the current time. So, for her to make use of qi to find this location was actually pretty easy. But, she didn't need to do so since she had very great teammates, brothers, and sisters.

"Mei Mei, what is the current status?" The voice from the girl in the wedding dress was clear and calm. Naturally, this girl is Tao Jinghua. The deadliest assassin. Today was her wedding day, however, to her surprise, the city started to shake and warning alerts sounded throughout the whole city. Her soon to be husband was killed when he pushed her out of the way from a falling pole right outside the wedding hall. He wasn't the only one that got killed from it, either.

While everyone else was fleeing all over the place towards the airship, Tao Jinghua instead sighed out loud and took out her cell phone and called her trustee-partner. She needs information. Information as to why a large major city like this one was current shaking like it's already halfway being destroyed.

"Air Mei, about 80% of everybody is now aboard already. In about 10 minutes, another wave of airship will get there. You have another 2 hours left until the city explodes." A pissed off voice answered from the other end. Naturally, the voice belongs to a girl whom Tao Jinghua called Mei Mei. Air Mei was Tao Jinghua's code name while Mei Mei was the codename of the other girl.

"Did you find out what is the cause?" Tao Jinghua asked calmly as she started to search the system for the cause of this calamity.

"Yeah. I found the cause. Those stupid pig heads accidentally knock over death's door by accidentally infusing the hydro system with a virus. Causing the underground systems to be unstable. What is going on in your end? You found everything?" Asked from the other end.

"Yes, I found the system's files. I am now forwarding it to you. Is Shinny there with you?" Tao Jinghua asked with a small smile on her face.

"Yes, the boss is here. He is very pissed right now so he doesn't want to talk to you." Mei Mei chuckled softly from her end. The teasing in her voice was light but anyone with a sense could still hear it.

"It can't be helped. I am quitting so naturally, he is very mad at me. Not to mention, I rejected his proposal too. I did tell him that I will still help him when a mission of rank SSS is available but he still wasn't happy with it." Tao Jinghua replies with a calm voice. The room shakes a couple of times as she pushes a couple of buttons on the keyboard before the monitor shuts down.

"Airless Mei, you do know that our organization doesn't like it when one of our members quit since that will cause a lot of trouble in the future. All the Elder agree only because they are scared of you." Naturally, all the elders will be scared of Tao Jinghua since she is the strongest, fastest, deadliest of an assassin that their organization, The Silence Walkers, had ever created. But what Mei Mei didn't say was that they all were too respectful of her to actually stop her from trying to live a normal life.

Tao Jinghua was an orphan who was born blind. However, when she was only 5 years old, an accident happened at the orphanage that she was staying at. The orphanage was targeted by a group of terrorists. She was born blind but she doesn't look like she was blind. As a result, one of the men grabs her to use as his hostage and injuries her eyes. Even though she can not see, when her eyes are hurt that badly, naturally she will feel the pain.

Tao Jinghua had always been a calm girl, even when her eyes hurt, she didn't make a sound because she knew that crying would only get her killed faster. However, because she makes no sounds at all when her eyes are injured, one of the men has the brightest idea of changing the hostage to another kid who will get scared easily.

That was her last straw. Tao Jinghua has no family but the orphan kids were her brothers and sisters. The Headmistress was her mother, the old man who liked the headmistress was her father. She was happy there with everyone. However, suddenly someone is threatening their lives?

The next thing that Tao Jinghua knew, she had already grabbed the men's knife and cut his throat open. The scene that followed, Tao Jinghua remembers everything clearly even though she can not see the scene. Her hearing was more than enough to make up for it.

Because of her surprise attack, the other three men didn't have enough time to get over their shock, so Tao Jinghua killed two more men in a flash. Tao Jinghua had always been the quietest one, the smartest one, the most intelligent one out of all the kids at the orphan. She can not see but she learned how to read and write when she was only 3 years old. By the age of 5, there were no Chinese characters that she didn't know. All the books in the orphan's library were read by her.

If you think that being blind made Tao Jinghua into a shut-in then you are mistaken. Tao Jinghua is blind so she doesn't play with all the other kids like normal. However, she's very athletic for her age. Her running speeds only allowed the terrorist to be blinked in surprise.

Maybe it was because she was blind that she can sense a lot more things than normal people.

By the time that the last terrorist came to his senses, all his comrades were already dead. In his panic, he accidentally pulls the trigger on his hydro gun and blasts a hole through the corpse of his former companions.

The trigger of the hydro gun caused Tao Jing Hua's hearing to suffer. However, luckily, that group of a terrorist was being chased by an assassin group. The assassin caught up to the terrorists just in time to prevent him from killing Tao Jinghua.

From then on, Tao Jinghua had been living with the Assassin group. That group is The Silence Walker. Since she has always been blind, she doesn't really care if they help her eyes but the Young Master, who at that time was already 18 years old and had already earned his nickname of Shinny, forced her to heal her eyes.

Back then, she was only 5 years old but now she is 25 years old. When Shinny was 15, he earned his nickname but Tao Jinghua earned her nickname when she was only 13 years old. Now, Shinny is the Boss of the Silence Walker and she is their top #1 assassin. Or was their top #1 assassin...She didn't earn her nickname Airless by being a normal assassin.

However, Tao Jinghua grows bored with a life of killing so she wanted to quit and get married.

And just when she finally got married, her soon to be husband died right in front of her and the very city that she was born in is collapsing.

Tao Jinghua sighed out loud as she walked out of the lab and the airship's platform. All that around her was chaos all over. And yet, Tao Jinghua was strangely calm. She didn't feel panic nor worried that she would die. On her way toward the Airship, she picks up a baby around 3 to 4 months old whose mother was dead. A couple of minutes later, she also helps a small child of 3 years old who was shaking her dead mother, trying to wake her up.

"Alright, Mei Mei, I will talk to you later when I am home." Tao Jinghua said as she clicked on a button on the headset and the line went dead.

She didn't care if all the humans in the world all died but seeing a child crying for their mother made her instinct as a woman awake so she helped any kids that she came across with. By the time that Tao Jinghua made it to the airship, there were more than 40 children following her. Some were still sniffing while others were shaking in fear.

"Miss! Please hurry!" One of the public workers saw the children behind Tao Jinghua, who was still in her wedding dress and came running toward her to help her with the children. One by one, all the children get in the airship, including the baby in her arms.

The man that went to help the kids and the girl in the wedding dress look at the girl in a bewildered way. He doesn't understand why the girl was so calm. Her expression doesn't change even after he takes the baby in her arms away. She didn't come into the airship either. Instead, he watched as the girl in the wedding dress turned toward a direction and narrowed her eyes before she vanished.

"!" A Martial Artist! No wonder the girl didn't panic when all this chaos was going on. The man thought as he got into the airship with the baby in his arms.

Tao Jinghua looks at the temple in front of her with a narrowed eye. In her profession, naturally, she knew what this temple of Taoist believers is.

Spreading her senses around the whole Temple, Tao Jinghua sensed that there were still another couple of people who were still alive. Narrowing her beautiful green eyes, Tao Jinghua vanished and reappeared inside the temple. She looked around as her eyes met with an elderly man who was struggling to get up since the concrete pole fell on top of him. Strangely enough, there was no blood on him.

Tao Jinghua walked over to the man and pushed the concrete pole with nothing but a small push, and the concrete pole was smashed into the wall with a bang.

The elderly man looked at Tao JInghua with a surprised look in his eyes for a split second before he calmed down. Tao Jinghua helps the man up.

"Can you walk okay?" She asked quietly with no emotion in her eyes.

"Yes, I can, Miss Airless." He answered calmly. Of course, he would know who Tao Jinghua is.

Tao Jinghua didn't care either way. She let go of the elderly man's hands and walked toward another elder who was still knocked out. Tao Jinghua hit an acupuncture point in the man's neck and he woke up nearly instantly.

She continued to wake the other two elderly men up before opening the door for them, which was jammed shut by a fallen stone pillar.

"This way." Tao Jinghua said as she held the door for the elderly men until the very last one. Outside of the building that they come out of, a large ginkgo tree that acquires at least ten full adults to link arms to fully embrace it was lying in front of them.

"Let's hurry. There isn't much time left." Just as Tao Jinghua said that the whole city shakes as if a great earthquake was occurring. The building behind them collapses with a bang as the other building starts to shake like there is no tomorrow left for them.

"!!!" All the elderly men's faces pale in fright as they nod and start running toward where the airship is located. Tao Jinghua looks at the panicking elderly man and signs in her heart. To think that the 6 Great Elders of the Taoist Temple panics this easily. They still have a long way to go in their belief, she thought to herself as she took out her two big swords and started to hacks the fallen debris of concrete from the fallen buildings.

Just as she slashed a large chunk of fallen concrete away from the Elderly Taoist, Tao Jinghua accidentally kicked a black pearl under her feet, causing it to bounce on her sword and rebound it toward her face. Seeing the small pearl being bounced back toward her face, Tao Jinghua calmly used her other hand to grab it.

However, what caused Tao Jinghua to be surprised was that the pearl just passed right through her hand like it has no physical form from the beginning.

"What-" Just as she was about to ask herself, her mouth just happened to open a bit, causing the pearl to get inside her mouth and passed right through her throat like it has its own consciousness.

"!!!" Feeling the pearl traveling down her throat, Tao Jinghua simultaneously controls her throat muscles to stop the descending of the pearl. However, it was like the pearl is a ghost that doesn't have a physical body as it travels down into her lung without care.

The head Elder Taoist just happened to turn back to see an image that will shock him for the rest of his life, making him unable to forget about it even if he hits his head until he has amnesia.

He watched as the girl that everyone in the underworld and the Daylight world fears suddenly closed her eyes as her body fell to the ground as dark air suddenly started to form around her body.

"!!!" His eyes widened in fear as the dark air started to make the girl's body vanish until only the two swords, a black and red design pistol, and her headset was what was left.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    AnarchyDev likes this.
  3. Shade24

Shade24 Sleep is just Death being Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    The story itself is good ...you should change the title to Seventeenth

Lunnear likes this.
  4. Darkbeowulf1337

Darkbeowulf1337 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When are the updates? Also, I enjoyed the chapter.

5. AnarchyDev

AnarchyDev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loved the detailed story telling...

6. Kourii

Kourii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice story. I like most of your stories by the way, especially the Grand Master of Alchemy. Well this one just totally fit my preference. You got a stalker on this one.

Lunnear likes this.
  7. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, but I think you need someone to help you out with the grammar. Your descriptions and narration are good enough that the reader can understand you, but a teacher would highlight some oddly structured phrases. When I was younger, I would read out loud so as to get a 'feel' whether the sentence rolls off the tongue fluently or otherwise.

A general rule you can try is "Chekov's Gun". There is no need to be too detailed or specific unless it is immediately important or relevant to the story. That way you can paint your story broadly and not get stuck describing something.

Eg, here is how I would edit your text:

December 31, 2179, A.D, Shanghai, China
    Towards the end of the 21st century, Earth's population underwent a tremendous change. Due to the flourishing economy and new discoveries in renewable energy, mining, farming and genetics; humans had longer, healthier and easier lives.

The population doubled and now numbered 16 billion people. New cities were built, floating in the air and on the sea. In China, the major cities had their own floating counterparts, gigantic structures that hover in the skies above them. These huge habitats could house up to five million citizens on their own.

Advancements in renewable energy using sea water healed the world and restored the atmosphere. The clean technology encouraged plant growth, turning the world lush and green. Trees grew taller and stronger, the air became purer and the environment began to balance itself.

LoLzM, Kourii and Lunnear like this.
  8. Eternal_Frosty

Eternal_Frosty Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome Story cant wait for the next chapter.

9. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't know when updates will be made. I have two other stories that I am currently writing so I don't really have much time to write unless I made the time for it. It is now summer break for me though so I might update it once every two-three days at the most.

10. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link

Oh my~!!! The way that you edits it make it a lot easier to understand. Is it okay for you if I use your edition version?

11. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, go ahead. Remember, keep it simple, and read it aloud to see if the sentence flows and sounds familiar. English isn't my first language either.

I suggest switching the paragraphs like this,

1. "Towards the end..."
    2. "Advancements in renewable..."
    3. "The population doubled..."

This is to help the flow. The first paragraph described the world, the second paragraph described the changes, the third slowly narrows down to a country (China), and then the next paragraph is where the story begins in a lab inside China.

Bear in mind this is my personal opinion.

Lunnear likes this.
  12. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    it is very good keep it up(y)

Lunnear likes this.
  13. Busy Bee

Busy Bee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job. Love your story. Keep it up. Looking forward to your updates. Btw how many chapters are there?

14. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    Always back track your chapters for mistakes you missed. But not too often. (Bad experience....)

Lunnear likes this.
  15. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure. Probably around 50 to 70 or so chapters. It might be longer or shorter.

16. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 1 Chapter 2: The 29th Daughter of the Tao Family

Tao Jinghua opened her eyes as she blinked in confusion for a split second. In her vision, she can see the ceiling of a painted silk bed that has two wings of red and blue butterflies and one large pink peony flower with a background of light green. Tao Jinghua blinked as she gracefully set up.

The first thing that she noticed was that her body was strangely very weak. The next thing she noticed was that she seemed to be sleeping in a bed from ancient China. You know, one of those frame beds from ancient times that wasn't soft like the one in the modern time. A Kang bed.

Even though the sky outside should still be dark, inside the room, Tao Jinghua can see everything as if it was in daylight. Tao Jinghua looks around the room that she is in. The room that she is in was rather simple. A wooden tea table in the middle of the room, a closet in the far corner of the wall, next to the bed was a table with a bowl of water and a white towel, and a couple of meters away from the table that has the bowl of water was a hanging rack that had two robes of clothes hanging on it. Ancient style clothe.

Tao Jinghua takes a deep breath as she feels her mind going into confusion for the first time in ten years. That was, until 13 years' worth of memories suddenly entered her mind, making her expression pale rapidly as pain throbbed inside her brain.

Tao Jinghua's expression grim for a split second as sweat gathered on her forehead.

The real owner of this body had the same name as Tao Jinghua. She is the 29th daughter of a Pottery family in Xichang Town. According to this girl's memories, this country was called [Wuzhi Kingdom] and this town is located in the Southernmost part of Wuzhi Kingdom. Closer toward the sea and yet farther inland than a Port Town or City was.

This world was very similar to Ancient China's history that Tao Jinghua knows of. However, there were a lot of different perspectives that this world has that China on Earth does not have.

One of them was the fact that beasts/monsters like dragons, phoenixes, and all those fantasy animals are real in this world.

This was going to get some use to.

The second thing that was different was the fact that this world has immortal. No, really. Immortal. As in those that cultivate and can live up to thousands of years. Those immortals.

The third thing that made Tao Jinghua's brain shut down in one mere second was the fact that there was no such thing as guns or nuclear weapons in this world. Any defense that this world has is all Martial Arts, Dao techniques, talisman, formation protection, and such. Does that mean that I can't use or make my own pistol?
    Shit!

One thing about Tao Jinghua's hobby was that she's a weapons collector.

JInghua loves to collect old weapons and modify them into something else completely. For example, her Ruger SR1911 was a Semi-Automatic pistol that shoots the .45 Auto ammunition with a load of 7 bullets. However, after she modified it, the capacity of 7 bullets per load increased to 18 bullets per load. The average .45 Auto bullet has 467 ft-lbs. of energy at the muzzle, however, after modifying it, that 467 ft-lbs. of energy increase by another 180 ft-lbs. of energy at the muzzle, enough to kill a rank SS Martial Artist who practices Internal Martial Arts at close range. You have to know that one of the reasons why Tao Jinghua was so feared was because of her 100% accuracy shooting precision and her guns. Not just because she’s a martial artist. After all, she wasn't the only martial artist to hit the Grandmaster level. And yet, she was the most feared one.

Most of the time, she didn't even have to use her martial arts to get her jobs done since most of the time it wasn't even worth it. The only time that she had to use martial arts was when her targets were martial artists too.

However, now, you are telling Tao Jinghua that this world doesn't have guns?

This was going to take a long time to get used to. At least there were still swords and all other weapons. However, from this girl's memories, weapons cost a lot of money.

The currency in this world was different from the ancient china that Tao Jinghua knew of too.

These coins from ancient China were made of copper, iron, lead, gold, and silver with different shapes, weights, and marks. However, the currency in this world was totally different. it is all purely made out of either Gold, Silver, Lead, or Copper. They can not be made into currency if there is another mineral mixed in. For example, a gold coin has to be made out of 100% pure gold to be counted as a gold coin.

After all, everyone in this world has a skill that they learned from young to identify gold, causing the people of this world to be very Gold sensitive and can tell if it has impurities in it or not. Jinghua just knows that the people of this world were born with sensitivity toward pureness- such was the result of living in a spiritual world.

A copper coin, which is about the size of a 10 cents dime that the American used to have, is the start of the currency. Normally, for a commoner, 10 copper coins are already worth 2 days of food or 20 buns. A commoner's year annual income was around 5 Lead Coin and that was already a lot of money for them.

The exchange and value of the mortal currency was this;

1,000 Copper coins = 1 Lead coin.
    1,000 Lead coins = 1 Silver coin.
    1,000 Silver = 1 Gold coin.

After gold coins are the coins that large factions like sects and groups use called Diamond Coin that is made out of Spiritual Diamond.

Just One Diamond Coin is worth 10,000 Gold coins already.

That’s already the equivalent of a low-grade spirit crystal- Jingshi- the main currency that immortal uses.

From the girl's memories, One Diamond coin can have as much as 100,000 di[滴- meaning droplet] of Spiritual Qi Liquid. Just one drop of Spiritual Qi Liquid was enough to increase 10 points of spiritual power so you can imagine how much 100,000 is worth. Spiritual energy isn't something that is easily gained after all. One drop of Spiritual Qi liquid has as much as 100 points worth of spiritual energy but because human bodies have too many impurities, they can only cultivate up to 10 points. Or so this girl's memories said.

For cultivators of this world, meditating for 10 days can increase your spiritual power by 10 points. This discovery made Tao Jinghua very surprised. This is just common knowledge that everyone in this world has. The levels of cultivation for immortal cultivators in this world are also common knowledge too. After all, knowing the levels doesn't mean that you can cultivate it. It all depends on talents, resources, comprehension skills, innate talents, and hard work.

Not everyone can cultivate. Everyone can have the knowledge but it doesn't mean shit when you can't use it.

Well, whatever. It's not like Tao Jinghua cares whether or not she can cultivate. Her martial arts is the kind that could be learned with or without Qi since she will be using Internal Martial Arts to infuse it. Actually, it would be better if she doesn't have Qi but that's asking too much for this body.

Still, there was one question that Tao Jinghua just doesn't understand. How the hell did the former soul of his body die in the first place? She should be dead not even an hour ago since rigor mortis hasn't even started yet. Taking into account the temperature in this room, which was abnormally warm, this body's former soul should have died about 15-20 minutes ago.

Well, whatever. Since I am now here, living her life, I have to thank her. I still don't even know why or how I die- or if I even did die- from that damn pearl in the first place. Tao Jinghua thought to herself.

It's not like she has any attachment to her former life. She only has a couple of friends that she trusts. Ah, that's right. The boss might be very pissed and annihilate the Taoist Temple since she did die there.

Mei Mei will probably cry her eyes out and then send all the governments that were involved in that accident to the depth of hell.

Yun, her other partner, will probably faint from shock and madness when he found out that Tao Jinghua died but that's it. Tao Jinghua doesn't particularly have any big attachment that would make her feel sad.

She's pretty damn bored with that world after 20 years of living there. She did everything that she could and wanted already. Like learning to make all kinds of food to even taking a part-time job doing dishwashing. Let's just say that she did everything that a lady could do, including Chinese embroidering.

That's how bored she was when she wasn't on a mission.

Ah, that's right. According to her memories, when she turned 15 years old, this girl was supposed to marry the 4th son of the Tang family who owns a couple of large restaurants in this town.

Finally, something that actually made Tao Jinghua look forward to it. After all, she died (?) before she was married, so Tao Jinghua didn't know what marrying someone was like. Right now she is only 13 years old so she will have to wait another 2 years.

From her memories, Tang Beifeng was a hardworking boy who was 2 years older than her. It should be fine. Marrying that kind of boy should let her experience what a housewife was like - especially since the cultures and morals in this kingdom was a lot alike to ancient China.

Sighing mentally, Tao Jinghua gets up and starts to get ready for the day according to this body's daily routine. Since she's the 29th daughter of the house, she and her two other sisters live together in a simple two-story house that has three bedrooms on the second floor, while the first floor was where the washroom, storage room, and a stone hearth room for pottery was. Foods are delivered by the maids that her father had hired so this girl doesn't even know how to cook, unlike Tao Jinghua.

After she finished washing her face, Tao Jinghua went over to the table where a large glass mirror along with all the necessities that a lady used was on.

The image that reflects on the mirror wasn't the one that Tao Jinghua was used to though. Jinghua had to take a couple of breaths to steady her heart. So, this face will be hers for now on.

Her face was strangely white and didn't feel natural, she noticed that when she was washing her face. Her eyes are a bit larger than her old ones. The eyelashes are also longer. Skins more fairs and there wasn’t even a spot of acne or pimples to be seen.

In one word, this girl has a face that will make even the goddess jealous. However, for some reason, this face was like a block of frozen ice. No, more like a block of wood that doesn't move. Is it because she died that her expression was frozen in this natural position?

Her bangs were longer than normal, hiding her eyes and nearly half her face away. Does this girl have an inferiority complex about herself? But that's not possible since she clearly was more beautiful than all her sisters. She wasn't bullied either. She wasn't hated by her father nor her mothers.

Her father has 5 wives so the family was pretty damn big after all.

It won't be strange if she was bullied but according to her memory, her father loves every of his child equally. Her stepmother wasn't a bitch either, unlike what Tao Jinghua had expected.

She has 18 brothers that are older than her and 4 younger brothers. She has 28 older sisters and 3 younger sisters.

All in all, she has 53 siblings.

All ranging from age 1 to 30 years old.

That's one hell of a lot of siblings.

8 of her oldest brothers were married and living by themselves now. 12 of her sisters were also carried out.

The only ones that are still living in the Tao household are her other 10 years older brothers, two of them are immortal practitioners, her 4 other younger brothers who were still in school learning how to read and write, 16 of her older sisters are still here along with 3 younger girls. Wait, 1 of her older sister was also immortal practitioners too. Both her two older brothers and sister are students of Tuanfeng [摶風, meaning to rise very quickly] Sect, the largest immortal sect in the far South of Wuzhi.

This girl - the original girl- has a pretty bright personality compared to Tao Jinghua since she likes to play around like a kid a lot. So why does she hide her face? Even her own fiancee doesn't know what she looks like fully.

No, it wasn't just her fiancee that doesn't know what she truly looks like; even her own mother and father don't know what she looks like fully- since she always has her bangs covering her eyes and half her face.

It's not like she was afraid either. So what is with this girl's personality of liking to hide her face? Well, whatever. Since Tao Jinghua was now living like her, she should continue hiding her face for herself. Although there will be people who are suspicious of her since her expression can no longer smile like before. Oh well... Whatever.

This place was just a small town in this world, being too beautiful yet having no power to back her up will lead to her misfortune instead of helping it. Clearly, the former Tao Jinghua also noticed that too, which might be why she likes to hide her face.

Besides, this girl spends nearly all her time in the stone hearth room, creating ceramics for the family, that nearly no one in the family notices how she looks like fully. Even when New Year's events happen, she would rather stay in her room reading about how her brothers and sisters are doing in the sect than going outside to have fun with the rest of the family members.

The only time that she would go out was when her soon to be father-in-law and mother in law came visiting with her fiancée. Mainly because she is the Principle Fiancée so whenever he wants to have another concubine, he must let her know and have her knowledge. This is a law that the Kingdom created long ago to make sure that the husband doesn't bully his wife by marrying a bunch of other wives.

This law was the reason why the Tao family was so large yet didn't have internal struggles between all the wives for the husband's favor. This law was also the reason why Tao Jinghua’s father doesn’t have an illegitimate child outside. It was the reason why the Wuzhi Kingdom was the most peaceful one out of all the other nine Kingdoms in this continent.

Fully Edited by Lunnear on Jan. 17, 2019

Re-Edits and Proofread on May 4th, 2020

17. Vrinshael

Vrinshael 【Chaotic】【Fetishist】

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for ch2.~

There's a part missing here. After that is the start of a new paragraph.

18. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    Opps. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

19. Lunnear

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 1 Chapter 3: The Universe Bags from an Elder Man.

It has been 5 months since Tao Jinghua has started to live like the 29th Daughter of the Tao family.

With the girl's original memories, and with Tao Jinghua's acting skills, it wasn't that hard to act like their daughter and live in her place.

In the family, Tao Jinghua's job was to make porcelain bottles storage for elixirs and potions. Her job specifically was to make mid-size bottles. There was a quota of 150 bottles every day that she must make.

Her daily routine wasn't that hard to do either. In the morning, waking up around 6 in the morning to heat up the furnace for firing the porcelain. Eat lunch at around noon, check the temperature to make sure that the kiln temperature hasn’t changed for the type of firing that she needs to use. Afterward, waited for a couple of hours for the porcelain to cool down before glazing it.

It was hard to make the same shapes of bottles every time for the old Tao Jinghua but since she had a great love for making ceramics, her love for creating ceramics made up for the unsteady hands of hers. However, ever since Tao Jinghua started living like her, all her quota was easily met. What? You thought that Tao Jinghua wouldn't know how to create a ceramic? Making ceramics was one of the many things that Tao Jinghua had learned because of boredom in her former life. So, she has no problem with it. She might not be a grandmaster with it but her skill was more or less Mastered. Being in a different body doesn’t affect her at all.

Tao Jinghua had also started practicing the Internal Martial Arts a day after she came to this world.

Now, her strengths are half of what her original body has. Just half was already enough for her to chop down a tree with nothing but her hand without using qi. She can't use Qi yet anyway since she is still training her internal muscles and organs to withstand the Qi. This was also due to the special martial arts methods that she had created for herself. Jinghua doesn’t know if this world’s special qi will have a bad effect on her body so she was careful to train her internal organs to withstand the qi first.

Since making 150 porcelain bottles was so easily done by Tao Jinghua now, she would spend the rest of the time in the afternoon while the ceramics are still in the kiln doing exercise and training her body. So, for the past 3 months, she had spent her time in a daily routine that made her sisters look at her weirdly due to how happy she seemed. Well, at least that was what she looked like.

In the morning, Tao Jinghua would wake up around 5-6 in the morning to get the furnace heated while preparing the clay and everything else. Since the furnace's temperature has to be very high for the porcelain to fully and temper correctly, the Tao family always uses hardwood to fire the furnace.

There are three types of hardwoods that they use. For making porcelain bottles for storing elixirs and potions purposes, the bottle must be able to keep the healing properties and its effects inside the bottle for at least 10 years to 20 years, so the hardwoods that they use for both the fire and the ashes can only be three types of hardwoods.

It was the Lighting Wood, Fire Pinewood, and Silverwood. The ones that Tao Jinghua uses to fire the furnace and the ashes are the Silverwood since it's property can last longer than the Fire Pinewood. Using the ashes from the Lightning Wood lasts the longest but Lightning Wood is far too expensive so it could only be used to make ceramics for loyalties and for important things.

So the woods that the Tao family used are the Silverwood, which can be used to make a lot of things. Since the Tao family wasn't one of the influential big families, they don't have the qualification or the knowledge to use woods like the Lightning Woods. They can use Fire Pinewood since it can be used to make potteries up to a certain rarity.

Ah. Whatever. This wasn't important. The important part was that Tao Jinghua has gotten used to living as Tao Jinghua now.

Even though sometimes she got a bit too bored and started to think about the stupid thing that got nothing to do with the Tao family.

Jinghua got bored very easily. So easy that she was tempted to do some embroidery. But, there was no even-weave fabrics or Aida cloth in the house, much less Hardanger fabric or soft fabric linen. They do have silk in the warehouse but it was for a special occasion only. There’s no way that Jinghua could any of that for embroidery.

If Jinghua really wanted to, she could just buy it herself since she does have the money for it.

Since she likes to know about a lot of things, Tao Jinghua would always put on a disguise and went down to a restaurant to listen to all the martial artists and the commoners talking about the world. The old Tao Jinghua wouldn't care about politics and the world's affairs at all but for her, she loves to know anything and everything. It's interesting. And less boring.

Therefore, she had made two men's set of clothes that had a basic outer defense using light leather made out of small animal hides. Good thing that she still remembers how to make them. In fact, these two sets of clothes have their own head-ribbon, hairband, garment, a pair of bracers, shoes, pants, and a simple amulet made out of refined and enchanted bones.

The amulet was made using Fire Wolf's bones and Hardwood tree resin in a crescent moon shape. The color was bright red so it was very elegant and clean since Tao Jinghua made it herself. Both sets of clothes had their own distinct color so no one noticed that both men were the same one.

Hence, no one knew that the man who had been quietly sitting in the far corner of the restaurant was a very pretty girl who has a face that will make even gods jealous. Of course, no one would even suspect that Tao Jinghua was, in fact, a girl when she acts like true gentlemen. There were no flaws in her acting at all. If there was anyone that actually can tell that she is a woman then it could only be that one, that person was sensitive toward gender, two, that person has an artifact on him or her that can tell her gender, and third, that particular person was a powerhouse. One of those immortal practitioners.

Tao Jinghua has no problem with listening to the customer's talks about all the high-end rumors even when they are whispering.

"Third brother, did you hear that the Empress has once again given out a decree?" One of the men said with a very excited expression.

"Yeah, truly. I hear that it was the Emperor's Third Son, the Demon's King's concubines that begged the Empress." The other answer with his eyes fills with respect and reverence.

"Yes, the Third Princes truly is something else. I heard that his nighttime activities will put all his 12 concubines to die sooner rather than later. I didn't believe it at that time but thinking about it now, it must be true." The first man answered.

"The Third Prince's nightly activities aren't a secret. Everybody knows that the Third Princes train in that godly technique so his stamina was far stronger than normal immortality. The Emperor and the Empress had always had a headache because of him. This time, how many concubines do you think that the Empress will decree for?" As another man with a face of curiosity.

"Hmm, that is hard to say. The last time it was five so this time could also be five too right?"

"We commoners will never know what is truly going inside the Emperor and Empress's head. The Crown Prince has 32 concubines already but he doesn't have a problem like the Third Princes. But then again, the Crown Prince is not the Third Princes. The Third Prince is a demon while the Crown Prince is a monster. Except for one of the younger princes, the princess all already had a couple of male consorts. Yet, there was never a princess that had more than 3 male consorts. However, for the princes, the minimum was 12 concubines. I wonder if the Four Princes will be like the Third Prince or the Crown Prince since it was impossible for a normal man to actually made love to their wives until they beg for him to take more wives." The first man has spoken out with a glint in his eyes.

In this nation of Wuzhi, having a lot of wives is common. Aside from the Emperor and Empress, the Emperor has 7 other concubines. Each Concubine has two children. However, those children don't have many powers in politics since the Empress herself has 5 Princes and 3 Princesses.

The first prince is the Crown Prince, called Shang Mingyu, he was already 28 years old. Since he is also a practitioner, he looks pretty young for his age.

The Second Prince was called Shang Chengyu. He is only 24 years old this year but he already has 20 concubines.

As for the Third Princes, he is called Shang Changyang. This year, he was only 21 years old. According to rumors, he was now at the largest sect in Wuzhi studying.

The Fourth Prince was called Shang Changyu, 12 years old, and engaged to the left Prime minister’s 4th daughter and the right Prime Minister’s 3rd daughter. Yes- he’s engaged to two women at the same time.

For the Fifth Princes, he is only 5 years old this year and he is called Shang Yunyu.

This emperor sure does like to name their descendants with the characters for rain; Jinghua notices.

After listening to the talks for another fifteen minutes, Tao Jinghua left 10 copper coins to pay for her food and wines then left.

The wines in this world can not be compared to the ones from her former life at all. The taste wasn't even strong and the smell wasn't very good either. The methods that they use to make those wines aren't very good.

Since this world had immortals and the likes, Tao Jinghua had thought that their wines would be very strong but to think that it was so badly made, she doesn't know if she should cry or laugh. Comparing the wine here to the cheapest beers in her old world and it will still fall shorts.

Good thing that Tao Jinghua likes to drink, aside from collecting weapons, she also likes to make her own wines too so she wasn't worried about not having any wine to drink. She can make her own wine when she finishes collecting all the materials for it. All that was left was to find the base ingredients and she would be able to create her own wine. Or more like sake.

Walking back to the Tao residents, Tao Jinghua lightly taps the ground with her toes as it repels her over the wall without a sound. Since she sneaked out, naturally, she can not let anyone know that she returned.

In her room, Tao Jinghua changes back into her old clothes real quick as she hides the man's clothes away into her Universe bags, a spatial type of storage bag. She then went to the kiln in the stone room where all the stone kiln was located and took out the porcelain bottles that had just finished their last firing stages, the glazing stages.

She then left them to cool off before placing them in their wooden crate and called the male servant to take them to the warehouse for storage.

The kiln in this world was different from the ones on earth. This world uses something called Ironstone to make the kilns so their temperature is a lot hotter and they are larger than the ones from the earth.

In her former life, Tao Jinghua had learned how to make ceramics before so she knew how hot the temperature in the room was when the kiln was heating. However, here, the only hot place was inside the kiln since the ironstones that they used to create the kilns prevents the heat from escaping. This was why Tao Jinghua was able to meet her daily quota with no problem.

After all, she wasn't that used to the high-temperature heat yet. No matter how strong or high her Internal Martial Arts was, it was impossible to fully be immune to heat from an outside source. That was one of the reasons that her Internal Martial Arts developed far more than she thought it would be. It was all due to the heat from the firing kiln for helping her temper her body and internal organs.

In Tao Jinghua's former life, everyone feared her not just because of her weapons collections, in fact, it was the opposite. It was because Tao Jinghua's Internal Martial Arts were far more advanced than everyone else. Even more than her own masters.

The reason was simple; Tao Jinghua was a ‘one in a million years’ genius for Martial Arts. Be it External Martial Arts like Kung Fu, or Internal Martial Arts like Xing Yi Quan, Tai Ji Quan, and Ba Gua Zhang, they all were studied by Tao Jinghua. The arts that she practiced weren't just one of them but rather all of them. Forming and integrating into her own wills and form.

Her Dragon Air Strikes was the most fearful one of them all just because it needs nothing but air for it to be effective. Dragon Air Strikes was a combination of Xing Yi Quan and Ba Gau Zhang internal arts so the power was not something that can be compared with other martial arts.

Her Masters themselves had to learn this move from her.

Before her masters had to take her to the nearest active volcano to train but here, just training within a certain distance from the firing kiln was already enough. Why? Because of the martial arts that she created. She called it “Stellar Martial Arts Manual and Skills”.

Stellar Martial Arts Manual and Skills was a High-Grade class manual. It has five movement techniques, three breathing techniques, 5 Martial Arts Styles, and 7 Body Refinement techniques. Ever since she crossed over from earth to this world, she had modified the manual to include 2 Soul Refinement techniques and one blood refinement qi technique. This all took her a whole month to do. However, Jinghua hasn’t started to refine her soul or blood qi yet. That’s because she’s still refining her body. And refining the body took a long and painful time.

It just happens that the heat from the kiln was able to temper her body. However, the heat has a lot of impurity within it so Jinghua could only slowly absorb the pure energy and leave the impure heat alone. If only there were other sources of heat for her to refine her body on. Specifically, if there was a Volcanic heat source nearby - it would have been a heavenly blessing. However, since that was impossible in her current location, the heat from the kilns are more than enough to help her develop and train in internal arts.

Still, there’s only so much energy in the kiln’s heat that she could use. So, it didn’t take long for it to be useless for her again. Which was why, lately, Jinghua had found herself to be very bored again. There was nothing that she would like to do aside from having to make 150 porcelain bottles every day and training her internal muscles daily.

There was nothing to do here. She had made her way back to her room already. She had also looked over all the books in the closet that the former Tao Jinghua had and read through them all already. In other words, it was boring as hell here. Bored enough that it made her always sneaking out.

Jinghua sat on the bed and thought. What should she do to allure her away from this boredom? Shall she go outside the town? There is a large forest to the south of this town that has a lot of small animals and not much danger. Yeah, let's go there. But first, she had to let her father know. It was a bit awkward that Jinghua has family members but she got used to it weeks ago.

Making her way silently toward the Main Hall, Jinghua nervously looks inside to see if her so-called father, Tao Yuanyu, was inside. Seeing that her father was reading the report of sale from yesterday with a calm look in his eyes, Jinghua knew that her father was in a good mood.

"Father." She greeted gracefully, with an elegance that nearly makes her very father gawk.

However, he knew that his 29th daughter always likes to hide so he wasn't surprised that his quietest daughter was this elegant. To think that in another 3 years, this daughter of his was going to marry, a gloomy feeling rises from his chest. However, he knew that girls must marry out so there was nothing that he could do. In fact, if to anyone else, Tao Yuanyu will never agree to let his little girl marry but knowing the Tang family for all these years, he has to say that they are a good family.

Out of all his daughters, Jinghua'er was the most silent one out of everyone. He worries to no end about her, even though they rarely met at all.

"Hua'er. Come here. It's been a while since Father has last fully seen you come a little closer." Tao Yuanyu called softly with a gentleness that he only reserves for his daughters.

Jinghua did as she asked as she went nearer to her so-called father.

"Oh? Hua'er?" A soft gentle voice called to her left. A woman in her 30s in light pink hanfu that married women wear. This woman is the first wife of Tao Yuanyu.

"Mother Ying." Jinghua greeted her gracefully, causing the elder woman to smile softly at her. The first wife of Tao Yuanyu is the big sister of Tao Jinghua's mother. They are auntie and niece in a bloodline - relationship but because Tao Yuanyu married both siblings, the older sister is also her mother now too. The first wife, Madame Ying, has 5 daughters and 4 sons while her younger sister, Tao Jinghua's mother, has 3 daughters and 2 sons, with Jinghua as the youngest daughter.

"Hua'er, what have you been doing? It has been more than 5 months since I last saw you. Are you eating okay? Have you had enough clothes? Is your quota okay?" She started to ask worriedly. Jinghua doesn't know if she should appreciate the warmth of affection that this Madame had shown her or should she feel annoyed that she is far too much of a worried woman.

"Mother Ying, I am fine." Tao Jinghua answered back warmly. Of course, she's acting. Just because her expression was frozen into this neutral expression of neither hot or cold, doesn't mean that they wouldn't be able to tell from her voice.

A couple of months ago, she made the excuse that when she woke up, her body was all cold and her face was very chilling. Making her sister think that she was sick so an alchemist came to take a look at her and tell her that she has a rare condition called Spirit Complexity. This condition wasn't heredity and it was very harmless. The only thing that this condition caused was that rarely does a woman contracted it. Since then, no one suspected why she never smiles again. Naturally, her father and mother(s) all knew about it too. Even her future husband knew about it.

"Okay, enough. Hua'er, tell me, what is it that you need to ask me off?" Tao Yuanyu knew that there was no way that his most silent daughter would come out for no reason at all. Mother Ying's complexity also changes as curiosity sinks in her expression.

"Father, Mother Ying, I would like to go out of town for a couple of weeks. Sister Suyi said in her letter that there is a place not far from here that is very beautiful and only single women can get into. I am very curious about this place so I wanted to go there." Jinghua answered with her eyes twinkled in excitement. Tao Suyi is Jinghua's older sister who is one of the immortal practitioners.

Both husband and wife look at each other in surprise. They knew that there aren't a lot of things that excited this girl so for her to be this excited, it got to be something very mysterious since they knew that Jinghua likes mysterious things. Nearly all her books are about mysterious subjects and stories, afterall.

"Will there be danger?" Was the first thing that both of them asked, at the same time.

"No, there's a very strong immortal woman there that protects and governs that area so there was no danger." Jinghua answers.

"Very well, since this is the first time that you have ever asked for something, I shall grant you permission. However, one of your big brothers has to go with you." Tao Yuanyu said with a glint in his eyes.

Tao Yuanyu had always been far too busy so he rarely had the time to chat with all his sons and daughters. The only time that he could sit down and have a heart to heart talk with them was during New Years when everyone from the family was sitting down at the same dinner table or in the same room. Even at that time, his daughter Jinghua would only stay for a couple of hours at best before leaving so he rarely saw his little girl since, by the time that he made it to her turn, she would have left already.

"Yes, father. But who?" Jinghua asked curiously. There are only 5 older brothers that were still staying with the family.

The rest all had already married and moved out elsewhere with their family. After all, the Tao family wasn't a clan that would have at least 100 family members, so the elder's sons would always move out after marrying for 3 years. They have to learn how to survive by themselves for their families.

Only the eldest son and eldest daughter are obligated to stay to inherit the family. However, since the eldest son, Mother Ying's eldest son, Tao Yingteng, is one of the immortal practitioners, and the eldest daughter, Mother Liuqi's daughter is also the same as brother Yingteng, the one that will have to inherit the house and business are my own big brother, Tao Dingxiang, and fifth mother, Mother Liling's, eldest daughter, big sister Meifeng.

"Hmm. Let your brother Qingshan go with you. He had just reached level 4 in Tier 4 Martial Arts. He can protect you easily." He said with a tone that left no option for Jinghua to resist. Jinghua nodded. Big brother Qingshan is Mother Ying's Second son after big brother Yingteng. Qingshan was very similar to Jinghua except for the fact that he is a martial art geek and Jinghua is a weapon collection geek. If you can say it like that.

"Okay. I will go get ready and leave tomorrow early." Tao Jinghua said as she saluted slightly with elegance and grace that made both her father and mother pacify in pleasant surprise. After that, Jinghua went back to her room to get ready. She takes a couple of her gold coins that Jinghua had saved from selling her own extra porcelain all these years. Since one gold coin was already one thousand silver and with one Silver coin as one thousand lead coins, with one lead coin, it is one thousand copper coins.

Since the math is like this:
    1,000 Copper coins = 1 Lead coin.
    1,000 Lead coins = 1 Silver coin.
    1,000 Silver = 1 Gold coin.

As the results:
    1,000,000 Copper coins are 1 Silver. And 1 Gold coin needs 1,000 Silvers.
    So, 1,000,000,000 (billion) copper coins is 1 Gold Coin.

This means that on Tao Jinghua's body, there are three billion copper coins. Or 3,000 Silver coins. Or just 3 Gold coins for better understanding.

Jinghua had to give it to the former Jinghua. She sure knows how to do private business. With only 5 years of privately selling porcelain, she already made a total of 5 gold coins, 45 Silver coins, 70 Lead coins, and 12 copper coins as her total savings.

Well, obviously, she used her own materials that she gathered herself so this explains why she was able to save that much money.

Normally, the Tao family household monthly income is only 12-15 Silver coins per month. The household used 4 silvers per month for necessaries and another 2 silvers were paid for the maids and servants.

For food, each month only uses 2 Silver coins. In total, each month, there will be a profit of 5-7 Silver coins. Tao Yuanyu had always given each 50-70 copper coin as an allowance to every one of his children, so that is another 2 Silver coins. Leaving only at least 4 to 5 silver coins into the household treasury. This means that at the most, their yearly income is only 1 Gold coin.

If they knew that Tao Jinghua had 5 gold coins to herself just by private business, Tao Yuanyu would probably make her the head of the house since he wasn't a very good businessman. Which explains why she keeps her business a secret away from her family.

Getting ready in this world was faster than from earth since this world has Universe Bags that even commoners can buy.

It only costs 2 Lead coins per Universal Bag. Inside the bags was a space of two meters square and could store nearly everything. It can not store Spiritual objects but everything else is possible, including living things. However, it can not store a human body. It is a restrictive item. Only Spiritual Universe bags or Spatial bags have the capacity to store humans inside since inside it is a small world of itself.

Universe Bags are different from Spiritual Universe bags and Spatial Bags.

Jinghua's Universe bags were different from the normal bags that everyone in the household has. She does have normal universal bags that the former Jinghua have but the current one that she’s using wasn’t the former’s Jinghua’s bags. Rather, this bag of her was from an elderly old man who had traded it for food.

It had happened when Tao Jinghua was coming back from doing her private business with her clients. Of course, she was in disguise when she’d meet the elderly man. He wasn't a beggar since this town's chief doesn't like beggars so he always gives them laborer jobs for food and shelters, but he was a starving man.

Seeing no reason why she shouldn't trade with the elder man, Tao Jinghua helped the elder to an old house and cooks for him herself.

The only thing was that she didn't buy buns or cheaper commoner's food for the elder man but instead cooked the food that she learned how to from her former life.

In China, if a woman doesn't even know how to make a couple of dishes that are famous then there was no way that she will be able to marry. Good thing that Tao Jinghua was a genius so whatever she ate, she can recreate them later using different ingredients. Tao Jinghua made some hand-pulled noodles, varieties of stirred fried vegetables using her own sauces and other things to cook the food for the old man.

That elderly man has the stomach of a bottomless pit so she used more than enough ingredients that would feed a family of 10 for 3 days.

She cooks for him for straight 5 hours. Until she runs out of ingredients does the elder man get his fill. Jinghua was suspicious of that elder man but since he had no ill intention towards her, so she didn't do anything else other than cooking for him.

In the end, the elder man gives her three Universe bags that he made - or so he said. What surprised her was that the bags were different from the ones that she was using, the former Tao Jinghua's bag.

The bags that she had only had the space of 2 meters square but the ones that the old man gave her have 3 by 4 meters square of space. Jinghua was very surprised and was going to decline the other two bags and only take one but when she was going to decline, the old man had already vanished. It was like he was never there from the beginning.

So, Jinghua now has four Universe bags. However, since the bags that the Elderly man gives her can store even the other universe bag inside it - to her surprise - Jinghua had stores all her private business funds and materials inside the former's Jinghua's bag and store that bag inside her bag while keeping her money in another bag.

This happened two weeks ago already. Up till now, Jinghua had always wondered who that elderly man was. She doubted that the old man was a beggar no matter how he looks like it. He was probably one of the immortal practitioners. However, from what Jinghua knows of immortals, they don't interact with common mortals since mortal's lives pass by in a flash for them.

Well, whatever. For now, Jinghua should be careful with who she interacts with. For some reason, she doesn't trust that elderly man very much. She hopes that they will never meet again.

That afternoon, Tao Jinghua went to her brother Qingshan's yard to tell him of his father's decision. Qingshan was very similar to Jinghua in the aspect that they're both very quiet.

"Big Brother, father want you to protect me while we go out." Jinghua had said with her eyes brightly lit in excitement but since her expression was frozen in that neutral expression of either hot or cold, it kind of looked very weird instead.

"Okay. I will get ready. When do we leave?" He asked as he pats Jinghua's head. Qingshan had always been doting on all his younger sisters regardless of who their mother was. Unlike his other brother who doesn't interact with their sisters too much, Qingshan doesn't talk much but he was very doting on all of his younger sisters.

Maybe it was because he grows up with too many girls surrounding him that Qingshan has that weird aura around him. However, Jinghua doesn't care. He can be gay for all she cares about. As long as he was happy, Tao Jinghua didn't discriminate against it.

Unlike her former life where a homosexual relationship wasn't that common, here, there was no boundary between gender.

Especially for immortal practitioners, they couldn't care less if it was a male or female that married each other since immortal lives for far too long once they reach certain stages. In this town alone, there were more than a hundred households that had male marrying males and girls marrying girls. In this Nation of Wuzhi, about 30 percent are same-gender marriage, 10 percent unmarried, and the rest are male-female marriage.

Wuzhi had the lowest percentages for same-sex marriage compared to other nations. But oh well, what does she care? It had nothing to do with her.

"Early tomorrow." She answered. He nodded as he stopped practicing his martial arts and went to get ready. Jinghua left after that.

However, she didn't go back to her room since he had already finished preparing. She called a servant and had him go help her buy a lot of things that she wants. For example, ingredients for foods and spices.

This town was larger compared to towns from Earth, however, the agriculture here was far behind Earth's 25th century's agriculture.

Which was why spices are very expensive!

There was rarely any fresh spice available. However, dried spices are still expensive as well! 1 Jin (about 1.102 pounds) was already 15 copper! It was a good thing that the Tao plant their own spice plants.

For a town like Xichang Town, the population of 7 thousands of households was pretty small, however, because Xichang town was near to Muron City, the City nearest to the port in the southern region of Wuzhi, we have a lot of merchants and travelers daily. So spice sellers always come to Xichang Town, which is why Jinghua wasn't worried that there aren't many varieties of spices. She gives 2 Lead coins for the servant to buy at least 3 pounds of all 50 various kinds of spices. The leftover money they can keep.

"Yes, Young Lady!" the servant happily replies as he leaves. Jinghua didn't stop at that, she called another two servants.

"Mu, Su!" She called.

"Young Lady, do you need us?" Asked a girl about 16 years old wearing cotton clothes that look like it comes from the Tang Dynasty of Ancient China. The other girl is also wearing a similar outfit.

"Mu, you go buy the things on this list for me. Su will help you." She said as she handed the girl another 3 Lead coins.

"Make sure that you have everything done by tonight. When you get all together, bring it to me in the Stone Room. The change you both can keep." Jinghua ordered without batting an eye. Both girl's expressions turned happy as Tao Jinghua said in the last part. You have to know that with 3,000 copper coins in their hands, even when they brought everything from the list, there will still be at least 50 or so copper left. The servant's daily wage is only 12 coppers per day. So naturally, they will be happy that Jinghua actually lets them keep the change.

Both girls happily bowed and left so fast that it made Jinghua blink her eyes. All the servants in their household are at least a level 1 tier 2 martial arts and the highest for the private guards was a Level 1 Tier 5 Martial Artist.

In this world, Martial Arts are measured in Tier levels. From Tier 1 to Tier 12 were called Phase 1 Martial Artist. It didn't matter what kind of martial arts you train in, it would still measure like that.

Once you reach level 10 of Tier 12 and past the bottleneck, you will enter Phase 2, which they called Qi Martial. Jinghua didn't know how this world measured internal martial arts but she does know that they measure the spiritual Qi of a martial arts using something called Soul Strength Stone.

Normal people like the people in Xichang Town only have Phase 1 Martial Artists. And if you wanted to know people from Phase 2 Qi Martial Artist then you would have to go to bigger cities like Muron City.

From Tier 1, there was a measurement of 10 points to 100 points. Tier 2 is 200 points to 300 points, however, in Tier 3 is 300-499 spiritual Qi points. Tier 4 is 600-799 points of Spiritual Qi. Tier 5 is 800-999 points. Once you reach Tier 6, the power greatly increases by another hundred, you need the measurement of spiritual Qi from 1,000 -1,499 and so on until you reach the end of Tier 12 at level 10 at 4,499 points of Spiritual Qi. Anyway, Jinghua only knows about this because of the letters from her elder brother and sisters from Tuanfeng Sect.

Moving on, that information right now has nothing to do with her. She didn't care about those things.

There was still one last thing that Jinghua wanted to do. And she needs a lot of ashes for it. The ashes that were from the kilns were used to mold the clay together to make ceramics but they didn't use all of the ashes. Since there was no lye available and no baking powder in this world, she would just have to make them. Hardwood ashes are good materials for them. Since the thing that she's going to make will require a long time to ferment, using hardwood ash should make it more refined. What she wanted to make was yeast and koji to make sake.

But before Jinghua can start making it, she needs to refine and separate the ashes from the waste. That was why she was in the stone room, where all the ashes are stored.

By the time that Jinghua finished refining and separating the ashes from the waste and the other two parts, the sun was already near setting down and it was just on time for when the two servants, Mu and Su, came back with a bag filled with things.

"Young Lady here is all the materials and items that you have us brought," Mu said respectfully as she handed Jinghua the universe bags that every servant must take when going shopping. Both Mu and Su look at their 29th Young Lady who had her bangs covering her face in somewhat of a surprise. Both servants had been serving the Tao family for more than 3 years now, yet, this was the first time that they fully saw Young Lady Jinghua fully. They didn't think that she would have this much grace and elegance in her. There wasn't an aura of arrogance like the rich young masters and ladies on her but rather a somewhat warm grace and elegance that make both of them speechless.

"Thanks. You both can keep the change." Jinghua waves her hand as both servants leave. Jinghua looks inside the bags to find all kinds of materials, including 100 jin of cooked rice in a bucket.

Good, now everything is ready. Huh? By now, you still don't know what Jinghua is going to make?

Fine. She's making rice wine using the Asian technique that will extract a lot of purity from the rice for the wine. The alcohol percentage is near 80 percent and it won't smell like the wine in this town. She learned this technique from the Mistress from the orphan house way back when she was only 5 years old. It was before that accident but she still remembers it clearly and had used it more than 10 times in her life. If only there were any peach fruits, it would increase the yield and strength of the alcohol by a whole 10 percent.

Oh well. For now, let's do this. Jinghua gathered everything into the other universe bags as she left for her room to start fermenting everything for two months. However, before she left, the other servant that went to buy the spices came back and handed her the spices.

Jinghua took about 3 hours total to finish everything in her room and sealed it into the large porcelain jar that she had made. In two months, everything will be liquid and ready to refine.

Normally, making wine from fermented rice first took 2 weeks for the rice to finished fermenting properly. However, for the methods that Jinghua had learned from, it was slightly different because she uses glutinous rice and not sweet rice. Thus, the timing of fermentation is different.

With that, Jinghua went to take a quick bath before going to sleep. Tomorrow early is when she will be leaving, she should really get a couple of hours of sleep.

Zone Q11 and WuffleTuff like this.
  20. WuffleTuff

WuffleTuff [Nyannyan Fanatic]

Reading List:
    Link
    The font is tight