Spoiler The Demon Prince goes to the Academy

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lawlogic77, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ashwb

ashwb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those of you who read beyond what reaperscan has translated, did you guys use MTL or just read it in its own language?
    I tried MTL for the first time and I'm honestly surprised so many people could bring themselves to read this...

2. saucekay

saucekay New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any way someone can post illustrations from chapters 400+? Can't seem to make an account on the official Korean website.

3. Otim

Otim Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DraggedLine and arsl31 like this.
  4. arsl31

arsl31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys. First of all, thank you @lawlogic77 and @seguraemilio for providing the raws of the novel and @Otim for providing the illustrations as well. That is the first time I saw a whopping 90MB txt file in my life.

MTL is readable, actually. But ONLY if you are doing the MTLs yourself. Most of the MTLs go straight up CTRL+A and copy Paste the whole chapters themselves via OCR. Little did they know that the formatting of the paragraphs gets messed up if you just do that, so they ended up translating line by line instead of sentence by sentence.

I'm gonna share my method. Use the raws @seguraemilio provided (that whopping txt file) as all its formatting is fixed (again much thanks to you). Then CTRL+F and type the chapter number you want to read. Then, use Papago Translator instead of Google Translate. A bit tedious, but saves your brain cells at least. Best if you have a PC for this. (Still, it's MTL, so I just made it...digestible. Don't expect higher quality than that. Also, throw all pronouns out of the window as they are defaulted to "he/him" unless otherwise stated that the speaker is a woman).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    viper764, Faelrix and Otim like this.
  5. hypnxtize

hypnxtize New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you send me the link of where you read the demon prince goes to the academy.
    the one I am reading only has 230 ch and I see people talking about 400

6. Otaku_senpai01

Otaku_senpai01 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello brothers can someone please upload the chapters from 250 onwards...i can only find 464+ mtl.I am dying here plzzz

7. greyvlr

greyvlr New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the spoilers, this novel was kind of promising for me, but after reading some of those spoilers I find that reading this novel wouldn't be a pleasure to me. I didn't expect the mc to be a SIMP lol he looked really cool at the beginning.

8. berithjah

berithjah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the same boat kinda. I read MTL up to chapter 485.
    The school arc and secret identity stuff is my shit. I love harry potter esque merit points and solving quests/problems with the gang/group. The author really fleshed out the initial setting. My gripe is twofold --first is really a pet peeve, the fact the MC was the writer of the novel and was transported into it and had a "game" mechanic is so unneeded. It feels like he/she wrote it just to hook the reader in, but never used it -- and it broke the fourth wall too much for me. Sure it had great comedy value, but that went away as soon as the plot became serious at around ~450 chapter. Luckily the characters and story at first ~400 chapters made up for it. The second problem is that in the middle of the novel it just suddenly turns the dial on 11 and so much happens in such a short time. I kind of hoped there would be more school years, adventures, etc.

I dropped it at 485 and just read the spoilers here about the harem ending and it really seems like a good happy ending, but I can't be arsed to slogg through. Good novel though.

Hope the author does more.

9. PositivelyOutrageousCuh

PositivelyOutrageousCuh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo im on 255 chapter rn , can you give me a spoiler when one of his school friends find out that hes demon prince? Or when first romantic stuff happens , because i read almost half of the novel already but no romantic progress really happened , or anything serious involving his identity. Mc is demon afterall , and i think he is too weak for an archdemon and his identity is not playing big part

10. Architz

Architz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi maybe it's a dumb question but where can I MTL pdf files?

11. berithjah

berithjah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only up to 485 but:
    So his identity as a demon prince falls down like a stack of cards at around ~400 chapters in, and it fucks everything up. It's no longer school life anymore. This is where his identity gets revealed and eventually after being imprisoned and broken out he tries to build an empire on the island the succubus girl was at. I didn't get to the final gate battle.

Romance happens later I think. All I remember is the most that happened was Ellen and MC kissed but then the above happened and they were seperated due to gate incident. I read the spoilers there is a harem end with 5 wives (2 daughter) + ellen (1 son), so don't know when that happens. Not romance heavy TBH.

12. GodEatingWolf

GodEatingWolf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get the raws here? The link sent by seguraemilio is already down

13. Random Ordinary Guy

Random Ordinary Guy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whew, the author seems fucked the story pretty badly around the middle. I haven't read that far yet but it must be quite the spectacular development haha. Also i though mc might smash Elesir later, but turn out she is...

14. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to say that the author is also deserving to get sent to his novel as punishment... but, eh, I've seen worse final arcs

Rizen Lizz likes this.
  15. rickstand

rickstand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not getting it ;-; translate

16. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go search your kr novels here: booktoki216(dot)com

17. ToughPika

ToughPika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fck Ellen now Im absolutely team harriet, wish she just died sacrificing herself or somethi
    fuck ellen

18. rickstand

rickstand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I need to search in Japanese?

I already found

19. rickstand

rickstand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fuck ellen

20. arsl31

arsl31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I finished the whole ass novel and blitzed through the end, and all I can say is, I am disappointed at the Korean Community of this Novel as a whole and also some of you guys here who are trashing Ellen for what she has done. You all lack maturity, and I can say that confidently.

I was hoping for something really big, like DAMN, why? Why oh why o why, and I was bracing myself for it, but all I got was an overly cheesy, overly stretched, and over-to-the-top dramatic childish lamenting. Like seriously, that's it? that's what you're all complaining about? It's like receiving a coupon for a meal so good that you denied using it, thinking of it as fake, but when it expired you found out it was real, and you are lamenting over the top about why you did not use that coupon at that time. Even though now you can afford the meal yourself. And that it's always there on the menu for as long as you live. Childish. Overly childish. And yes, that's the greatest extent of what she did.

I want to make this clear to the others who will read this. She did not betray Reinhardt. She was against him at the start. And ONLY AT THE START. The rest are just childish lamenting drama about regretting that decision of not believing in him. So Betrayal is not even the word appropriate for her action. So, no. She is not gonna become a villain... which I was greatly disappointed about.

The biggest joke about this is her "lamenting" is irrelevant in the story throughout, at most I only find annoying. Like seriously, Bertus, Charlotte, and even Ludwig did theirs better in expressing their regret of not believing the MC. Even Scarlett is better if not for the lack of word count in her scenes. What I find more annoying is that the author too addresses her "betrayal" as something very big. It is not, author. Stop making it a huge deal like she's the criminal of the century. That is for Bertus and Elleris. Like, wasn't she the fastest in believing him back? After all, it was she who immediately recognized the truth because Reinhardt did not take the Lapelt (which changed the outcome somewhat) because he cares for her safety.

So yeah. to that punk who spoiled me wrong about this at around 200ish chapters about she's gonna betray Reinhardt and become the villain of the story, you're a piece of crap.

All in all, it was a good story. Feels lacking at the end, but still a very good story. A must-read till the end. But you have to read till the end. 4.75 out of 5. I like it.

D4RKSW1TCH likes this.