LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember my WuxiaWorld account from 2 yrs ago so I'll post this here. I totally agree with one comment saying that the cultivators of the 3 realms: Pengu Chaos & Seemless Chaos world's might be ancient cultivators.

But I can't totally agree, that's because the formation of at least the 3 realms fit in line with the normal cultivators. The Seemless Gates origin idt was ever mentioned though.

It has been mentioned that the 3 realms overall comprehension of the Day is way above those of the same level.

Ji Ning has uncovered the mysteries of the 3 Realms yet but there are 3 possibilities I can think of.

1 The Seemless Gates members were decendants of Ancient cultivators and thanks to the intermingling Ji Ning and his people have some of that blood.

2 The 3 Realms is a pocket universe of its own and in it's development stages hence why it's so small. And the inhabitants are a New Breed of Cultivators. Remember they learned how to cultivate on their own like the Ancients though through tattoos (wished IET would bring that back). Maybe when they reach a high enough level like that Dao Lord eating race they go through a mutation?

3 Ji Ning's comprehension is on par with the Ancients and Ancient Cultivator blood doesn't matter

2. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they're ancient cultivators, they breed far too quickly, like standard mortals, i think it's more likely that the chaos worlds proximity to something has influenced them somewhat as the only two chaos worlds near the palace ning discovered and was almost killed when he entered have unusualy high levels of comprehension compared to standard chaos worlds, it likely has something to do with that, i mean, it seems the creator uses some other cultivation method other than ki refiners and fiendgods in the form of that energy ning uses after uncovering the method.

Viola likes this.
  3. maou99sama

maou99sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    regarding v30 ch17-18, just so if someone is bored later on and scrolls through past comments, even though i'm fairly confident the kid won't be accepted as a disciple after all the dao cant be passed on easily its honestly funny how nings potential disciples are found in such remote areas one disciple is in another universe, this potential disciple is in who knows where the heck they are, even his first disciple that girl was found in the fairly remote, for his power at the time, crescent world which is in a different dimensional plane to the rest of the three realms.

stefanrer likes this.
  4. bassa

bassa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They immediately flew down towards the tunnel, with Ning bringing Skywind with him. Skywind certainly didn’t have the ability necessary to oppose the Emperor’s edict!
    pff flew down more like falling down with theres speeds , no need to oppose any edicts at all.

5. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Pangu was explicitly stated to have been born from the Chaos directly, as a World God, and the Seamless Chaos World appears to share a similar origin. For one, I think Ji Ning would have noticed if the Fiendgods of the Seamless Chaos World were the same as Ancient cultivators, and for two, Ancient cultivators are said to be born far superior to normal cultivators, while the Seamless cultivators are not that much more powerful than the Pangu cultivators.

Maybe there's an Ancient cultivator relic near the Three Realms (such as whatever those two emperors were guarding) which somehow affected the local area.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    This made me laugh.

Thinking of Skywind falling while everyone else is flying.

7. Taniniver

Taniniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I was so hoping that the illusions DID keep on getting stronger and the reason he didn't notice was because he was completely caught in them.

8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, These universal treasures are waiting for the "perfect" fit in terms of Dao/extreme potential/personality. I have to wonder if no one will ever again be able to match that treasure's criteria, since no one ever has the same Dao.

9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Forever Alone

Demonic Spoon, Teisen and Arcturus like this.
  10. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised Ning didn't spend more time pondering the Dao over the Yin-Yang Samsara Wheels. Doesn't he have his own Yin-Yang sword art domain ? I expected an enlightment moment right there.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get back to some plot soon. It's kinda tiring reading Ning getting out of dangerous territories, awaiting his next power upgrade.

Demonic Spoon and Viola like this.
  11. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    One day I'm going to make a thread about all the inane and redundant things IET writes. Not to mention his most repetitive and annoying phrases in DE.

Demonic Spoon and Saitama.sensei like this.
  12. CaptainToast

CaptainToast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone explain to me how this arc is suppose to pose any serious risk?

He can teleport 10 territories away whenever the fuck he wants. Realistically, it would take him maybe a month to get out of the danger zone tops. That's assuming he takes it as carefully as possible.

Arcturus likes this.
  13. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    in some zones he cant teleport

14. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    he cant actually teleport hes just makin a temp bridge to pass thru on best analogy i can make :blobpats:

15. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm curious why he doesn't attempt to use his heartforce on his sword stances.
    considering that he learned the heartsword arts then he should be aware of it's potential.
    now that hes literally a powerful heartforce cultivator now theres no excuse of "insufficient" heartforce anymore.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Random, Saitama.sensei and yakhja like this.
  16. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    He's still on the process of incorporating it, right? I mean, based on the trend so far, he always made a skill and hone it as highest as possible before merging it with other skills.
    Afaik Omega Sword was created this way, by merging 5 different skills.

17. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, he hadn't even attempted to use it even once ever since he learned supreme daos.
    he literally stopped after that one instance within the sword pagodas. ( book27 chapter13 )

his very first reason for stopping is that it consumes way too much heartforce, but that doesn't matter to him now.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  18. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because he saw no use of it before? I mean, he sure used Seven Pills (did I get the name right?) to aids Novessence, and Novessence to aids Omega Sword, but his Heartforce was greatly lacking compared to the rest of his main skills.
    Now as a Heartforce cultivator, he himself acknowledged that he's quite lacking compared to other Heartforce cultivator and currently trying to direct his Heartforce ability to assist his overall combat potential. Maybe a complete merging might happens in the future, but who knows?

19. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    his heartforce to begin with was only used to assist his sword-arts, so quality being weaker than the others isn't much of an issue.
    he was previously very weak in heartforce and could only launch a handful of heartforce imbued swordarts and this was before he became an elder-god.

furthermore, heartsword arts at it's peak can fight on-par against hegemons, so its not that its too inferior when compared to his omega sword arts.

20. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he can't. Using heartforce on his sword stance at the level he is at is harder than getting supreme Daos of Fire/Water and fusing them with his Omega Dao, and is something that is part of the Heartsword art.

There is a reason why the Heartsword art is something that let a relatively common Eternal Emperor be on par with Hegemon.