LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    By now this shouldn't be a surprise.

It should be expected.

2. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Still better then always stumbling over a new inheritance which gives him a massive power-up and allowing him to fight people multiple levels above him.

3. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya that is B.S.
    And DE isn't even the worst example of level surpassing strength.
    Atleast in DE though it is within the realm of possibility. There are people who were as Powerful as Ning at his level.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be once he becimes a 4th step Daolord...

5. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    He said once he reaches the 4th step he'd be able to return and maybe find out the mysteries it may hold relating to the 3 realms When he went as a 1st or 2nd step Daolord he was almost insta killed by one of the 1st pair of guardians despite his armor. It was just mentioned a few chapters back I guess before the fight.

I think the next book will be about the Azure flower estate but who knows... besides Ren... advanced raw readers, maybe patreon, proof readers, editors, and the author...

6. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    And those poor souls who fried their brains with mtl..

injamambivu likes this.
  7. MarkReadz

MarkReadz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its called Plot Armor. It makes the main character invounrable and unkillable it also means he makes breakthoughs when it is convenient.

8. MarkReadz

MarkReadz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already expected this

Ikr
    In ATG Yun Che fights like 2 realms above his level and every time his current abilities are not enough he just 'stumbles' upon another massive inheritance

9. RatingEmperor

RatingEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the point of view of the Dao Alliance Ji Ning is essentially just another supreme daolord , quite a strong one admittedly but not something they wouldn't have seen before and definitely not deserving of special attention. I also think the Dao Alliance itself isn't choosing to be aloof but lacks the ability to enforce rules upon its members. At the time when the dao alliance was still weak the collective impetus would have been to get stronger to ensure that no one could control them. This peaking off at even producing a hegemon of their own, but currently they exist as the strongest power in the whole endless territories fearing no organisation. Also they don't have a single leader able to control them as multiple ones are at the same power. This goes even more for Silksnow who is both strong and crazy.

10. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the biggest problems I have with most xianxia/xuanhuan is how willing and easy it is for organizations to have minimal rules about killing younger talent in competitions. It has never seemed to me to be a particularly intelligent or sustainable method of developing talent.

Viola likes this.
  11. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can barely understand how sects can develop without an agreement that the older generations shall not murder those massively weaker than them.

Viola likes this.
  12. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    you read to much and dont think too deep into it. the mc is always a loner so at the end why save something thats not yours. if the mc bend the knee to a stronger and not alway befriending weak ones on the verge of collapsing it would be different. im talking about all xianxia/xuanhuan novels not this one

13. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not necessarily talking about the MC. The MC is largely irrelevant. In the supposed "dog eat dog" world they live in, for the vast majority, the young generation get slaughtered willy-nilly, which seems like a terrible way to inspire loyalty (i.e. throw your younger generation to the wolves, don't defend them, push them to compete in life or death competitions) and develop talent without wasting tons of resources. This happens in all cases not just with the MC. I do think quite a bit about the novels, probably much more than you do.

Viola likes this.
  14. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    Redwater shouldn't become an Emperor.

First, because it'd be incredibly unlikely and ridiculous for him to be the first supreme daolord in a gajillion years to succeed, even after he's used that seal. We have more than enough plot armor or whatever with Ji Ning alone; don't give it to his allies too.

More importantly, it'd be almost pointless. Sure, if he becomes an Emperor, Ji Ning and the realmverse gain a Hegemon-level ally. But it's unnecessary, because Ji Ning himself will reach and surpass that level soon enough. And then Redwater will be left behind as too-weak-to-stay-in-the-plot companion. On the other hand, if he doesn't become an Emperor, he'll become a loved companion who died to age or was killed by an enemy, which'll make the novel a bit more believable and emotive and give Ji Ning more cause to become stronger.

Aye. But don't forget that the Dao Alliance isn't so much an organization as an immense conglomerate of all the human cultivators in the realmverse. They're not connected by clan or oaths or anything; everyone's worlds apart. And they don't need to be very united, because they don't really have any enemies: they're not being attacked by other universes, and they're basically the most powerful, most stable, most populous force around.

Like, you'd have an easier time convincing the humans on earth to not fight and kill one another, because they're all humans, too. And the ones on earth are far less numerous and closer in age and power to each other.

15. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    those who die are not important. they are used to strengthen the loyal one or family. everyone knows that and that is why they say its a fight against the heaven and a sky above a sky. the heavens was never a place but the strong that lord over things

16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    And that is why your "everyone" are idiots. Particularly because killing off tons of people within your community, including loyal members, encourages active sedition against your family. Just because all of these types of stories give an explanation for why things occur, doesn't mean that explanation is good or really makes any sense.

Viola likes this.
  17. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. But, it's not even necessary to look at Ji Ning's possible future as a Hegemon. I don't remember if the Brightshore Kingdom has any Emperors besides the Hegemon, but either way, daolords are the main protectors of Brightshore's family, besides the big dude himself. And Ji Ning's the absolute strongest of them. Why wouldn't the Hegemon save Ji Ning when he's in trouble? It's not like Brightshore will have any trouble fighting a city lord. It'll take even less time and effort than it did to make that escape seal. So why would he need to be bribed to save a family ally that he knows will be around to protect his family and support his kingdom for the next 100,000-plus chaos cycles, if he stays alive?

Since when does a royal guard need to pay his king, or an employee his boss, to do something for him in turn?

Arcturus and Viola like this.
  18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly my point.
    The entire culture is so illogical and frankly unsustainable that it only works In one generation. The generation that we are reading about and following the MC through.

To all those who are arguing against these points. Let me ask you what happens on earth when your people or organization throw you to the wolves and start abusing you. What happens when your country starts abusing you or having it's soldiers kill you or force you into life and death situations. The people revolt and fight back. That is just what happens. The only exception I can think of is conscription to battle a foreign power.
    Other than that if your superiors try and steal from you or to kill you or throw you to the wolves... It isn't a sustainable way to build a organization of any kind no matter how loose it is.

Exactly, I understand the logic the book is trying to use as to why Brighrshore needs to be bribed but it still is stupid.

Brighrshore should want to help as you have said.
    If Ji Ning survives not only will he be the strongest Daolord who belongs to his organization, he will also be able to teach others in the way if the sword and thus give rise to many stronger Daolords.

The benefits of saving him are astronomical without being bribed.

I get the Xianxia logic IET is trying to use but that doesn't mean it would work, is smart or at all sustainable... which it isnt.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  19. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    But if the let them be and they are protected there wont be any presure on them so the cultivation of the young talents will slow down or so thats what its sayed in most of the novels....

20. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    That is novel I was talking about :D.