LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s 12 when he breaks through to xantian and like 15 when he goes to the black and white college. Also, didn’t he just finish his first chaos cycle? Not even the oldest person in Martial World has lived that long

2. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    we have barely spent more than 5 chapters in one place, travel time is nigh non-existent, conversations last less than a parahraph, and no powers or training gets explained more than "understanding profound secrets"

3. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fear not senior brother, the dao is long and endless, with so many heaven defying treasures, surly there is one that will allow you to leap into heaven with one step.

4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you cultivate the Dao of the universe, you must first cultivate the Dao in your heart

Willheim likes this.
  5. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks senior for you're pointers, this junior, must go into closed door cultivation to reflect on the matter.

Ishmael and TheZephyrStorm like this.
  6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    sooo ning just stuck around vastheaven palace despite making plans for someone coming to try to fuck with him. could have prevented that entire confrontation as well as being forced to reveal his previously hidden invulnerable form. but, he didn't for ... reasons?

Ananse, Caskie, Viola and 1 other person like this.
  7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree, he made plans.... but they were shitty plans.

8. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His avatar stuck around, not any of his real bodies. If he tried to hide I'm sure at their power level the hegemons could follow his karma to his location or use some other scrying method. In this case I think he made a good plan, the vastheaven group couldn't go into hiding for all eternity so asking brightshore to help out if he gets into trouble was a good choice.

9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, but if he was going to just ask Brightshore to be ready to help him why would he not just go to The Brightshore Kingdom in the first place. Any Hegemon who was thinking of messing with Ning would instantly know that they would be crossing one of the top 5 Hegemons in the alliance. This way no one sane would come for him and his friends and Ning wouldn't have had to reveal one of his trump cards in such a inconsequential situation.

Caskie, Ishmael, nexusmadao and 2 others like this.
  10. injamambivu

injamambivu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he was trying not to owe brightshore. oweing favors to hegemons is expensive af

SmurfMeRunning likes this.
  11. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fair, but given Ning's current level of standing and power. Not to mention Ning being part of Brightshore's organization he would have welcomed Ning with open arms no strings attached.
    He wouldn't ask for treasure like he did before.

Caskie likes this.
  12. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    idk man, if he was just chilling in the brightshore kingdom's territory I don't think anyone would try and break in and cause trouble.

Caskie likes this.
  13. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit confused. If Ning has finished a chaos cycle, shouldn't the three realms be gone? I could have sworn a chaos cycle was the time it took for a chaos world to go from its inception to its destruction. Unless we get some explanation along the lines of it having an extra large world heart due to fusing with the seamless chaos world extended its lifespan.

14. injamambivu

injamambivu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's probably due to the unique situation like the fusion but it still shouldn't be more than 3 chaos cycles.

15. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole first book is spent as West prefecture.. in fact the first 6 books he’s at swallow mountain, I don’t understand.. you want a whole book of him sitting at home explaining how he’s understanding those ‘profound secrets’? I guess we read differently

You can’t compare timelines of different books with one another, the oldest people in coiling dragon are the sovereigns born when the universe was created which was tens or hundreds of trillions of years ago (it’s not mentioned exactly iirc) but that time in desolate era is like a few dozens or at most a few hundred chaos cycles. I don’t know much about martial worlds timeline, I dropped it with the demon invasion arc

16. Bludflag

Bludflag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spent a chaos cycle meditating = actually a hundredth of the time passed because of temporal dilation.

Since the Three Realms are at half a chaos cycle originally, 1% (or 0.5%?) doesn’t change much. I don’t recall anything about a mutated Worldheart changing a chaos world’s lifespan, but the logic seems sound.

The link I’ll put at the end of the post explains some of this. Check it out if you’re interested.

*tries to post*

Oh, wait, no. I need at least five posts to post links and images. Go to book 36, chapter 29.
    IIRC, the oldest being there is the Chief Sovereign of Death. For reference, it only took 2 GK for Qin Yu to appear in the Linmeng cosmos.

Quintillion = 10¹⁸
    Trillion = 10¹³
    Chaos cycle = 10¹⁴*

Ergo, a quintillion years would be 10⁴ (10,000) chaos cycles. Since we have at least six, that means at least 60,000 chaos cycles.

* Calcs incoming:
    60 billion years = 0.06 trillion years. 0.06 × 100 = 6 trillion years. Since that’s over half a chaos cycle, presumably a chaos cycle is 10 trillion years (10 × 10¹³).

17. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, world level cultivators are supposed to be able to create chaos worlds, so preserving one should be simple for a daolord.

Sherrynity and Ishmael like this.
  18. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah like switching from using batteries to a solar charger~

Caskie, VinnyOni1 and Sherrynity like this.
  19. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s exactly my point, you can’t compare timelines between different books like @TheZephyrStorm did.. the oldest person in CD universe is the sovereign of death at 60,000 chaos cycles old (according to your calculations which I couldn’t be bothered looking up or computing, thanks for that) which is like a toddler to autarchs and other emperors and barely an adult to daolords that are at the end of their lifespan

20. Caskie

Caskie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was under the impression that at the end of a chaos cycle, that's when the tribulation happens, like the war between the Seamless Gate and the Three Realms people. They overcame it, therefore extending the lifespan of the Three Realms. Please guide me seniors.