LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. crazy once

crazy once Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just sad. I feel empty.

2. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you create an account just to post about this? :p

Yeah, we’re all sad but you know what they say.. all good things must come to an end.

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm down to keeping up with only 2 novels on Wuxuaworld.

4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel so lost right now. RWX is going to stop translating IET. I've been reading his IET translations since 2014, way back when Coiling Dragon was new and He-man did ST. Times are changing

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    what a journey. got a bit formulaic towards the end, but still an enjoyable story.
    had a bunch of great discussions and debates here with everyone.

6. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    The one thing that surprised me is Ning settled for less. It sounded almost like the Bull Autarch wanted to become a Grandmist controller, but Ning ruined his ambitions. It's rather shocking, and it would be interesting to see IET build off of where DE left off sometime in the future. Maybe send Ji Ning, Linley, Qin Yu, and all our other beloved MCs long-past into some higher realm, and start a new adventure. I'm rooting for Linley.

hungry_machiavellian likes this.
  7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a pleasure enjoying this novel with y’all and discussing it. Overall, I like this novel. The quality dropped shortly after he left the three realms. Ji Ning makes a lot of this seem easy when everyone else is having difficulty. Personally, I think the best fight would be at some point on Grand Xia before he goes through his first tribulation. Probably at the Immortal conclave and all the true immortals are spectating

8. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it. So far only 4 of his novels in the same universe well dimension. It's ST and CD is one. The other is SS and LXY. Now Seeking Sword Path takes a lot from DE and LXY so we don't know if that novel is connected to anything yet.

9. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    The Endwar was epic, but depressing. Definitely a high point though.

TheZephyrStorm likes this.
  10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    What's Seeking Sword Path? Anyway, none of IET's novels have shared the same universe. That's why it's impossible to definitively say. I still think the Bull Autarch had hints of how to become a Grandmist controller.

11. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    HUH wth? lol yeah they have shared the same universe or connection or w/e you want to call it. Linley basically guided Qin Yu. Lord Xue Ying and Swallowed Star are also connected. Even though LXY has a lot of its universes. I should probably should look up the word Galaxy and all that other cosmic shit.

12. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Different universes. Gotta go beyond the universe, which DE clearly did not. Ji Ning stopped short of the peak.

13. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about DE though. Lol. I'm talking about how 4 of his novels are connected in some way. Now Inch of Radiance since nobody picked that up I have no idea. Nine Cauldron also is not really connected to nothing.
    I'm just saying since I completed both this and Lord Xue Ying. The new seeking novel is taking ideas from both. He's a sword genius like Ning and almost as nice as Xue Ying.

ST-CD connected
    SS-LXY connected

14. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    None of them are connected on the universe level though. And the Bull Autarch gave hints of something beyond where Ji Ning stopped, at the peak of his universe. Hinting DE is connected.

15. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a hint but not a confirmation. Since IET will basically say it at the end of the novel whats connected. Especially when he brings another novel MC in another novel.

16. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Here, Ji Ning purposely stops short of the reveal. That's what's so surprising. He chooses to be happy with his family and friends at the banquet rather than find the peak of power.

17. bonifide

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I know I will just say that Lord Xue Ying didn't have Ji Ning luxury.

18. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Which 2?

Ya, while DE isn't connected it is totally plausible that IET could connect DE with CD/ST in the future with yet another higher realm. Though all of his stories are a weak to strong type. It'd be a task for him to make a person who we know as so strong and make them incredibly weak in comparison to others again or write them as that powerful throughout the entire story.

I always found it suspect how the Grand mist came all ready with a scroll that perfectly divided up ownership rights over itself. To me that just screams that it was itself a created Realm. But that is just pure Fan Theory.

IET could also just be building a new interconnected Universe... though if that was his Goal i think he would have been a bit more black and white in his ending.

PS. Linley all the way!

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah SOTR and Godsfall. Put MW and WDQK on hold recently and don't really feel much desire to get back into them.

20. kinunatzs

kinunatzs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey did someone noticed that the Sithe Lord of Chaos words that it indicated that theirs still a stage higher than a Omega Autarch? and don't correct me that Lord of Chaos is a Cultivation Realm since its only something like a title of someone who bound a Chaosverse like those Otherverse Lord who bound a Otherverse with a support of a Otherverse but only several level higher