LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Never claimed it to be a factual statement. What I am saying, however, is that these webnovels have never been successful in that field in the past. Yes, they might in the future. But till then, i have no reason to believe otherwise. Ergo I am making it my opinion, waiting for it to change.
    2) Filler has never changed. Its quantification has. In novels, a 30 chapter arc can be a filler. But generally, it is measured in words/effort taken to get through it. Ekther way, the definition/subtle variations in the perception of fillers is not what we are debating on.

Waaazzap and Viola like this.
  2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    He never made a factual statement. He gave an opinion that it won't work out in the end.

But if you want proof of how filler drops readership or viewership then all you have to do is read reviews of large novels where many point point out their problems with filler or even look at the viewership statistics for some of the very long lived anime. You can see a drop viewership once they start reliably making filler content.

On a personal note I used to watch naruto weekly until they started going crazy with filler. I pretty quickly lost interest minus 1 of the filler arcs. And it made me drop the anime.
    The statistical and first hand evidence is there and not too hard to find.
    While filler isn't ever usually a death blow to any format it is nonetheless a negative and will deter and lose fans who are more discerning. All the little children don't care, they just like everything. Why do you think Young Adult novels are so painfully basic and filled with plot holes... cause kids dont care as much as a more learned person. Anime shows with tons of fillers know they can get away with it and make money despite the backlash. Same with novels to a lesser degree, especially when many of the authors in China are paid in views per chapter... meaning the more chapters they have the more mula they make. You also see varying level of filler content from less established authors. It does hurt the product. The only thing in question is exactly how much which depends on a whole bunch of unique things.
    Bit off topic but meh I was on a roll.

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gave you the like just for this (y)

Viola likes this.
  4. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    This is in relation to Book 36, Chapter 3.

Fear Grandpa Ning! The ultimate stalker! From birth to death, sometimes he shows himself in disguise to tease you or teach you but never does he show his true self until you lie there dying "Iv watched you for so long~~~!"

5. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I’ve re-read DE twice since it’s completion and that chapters always puts a smile on my face :blobjoy:

6. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i wanna re read it cause i seem to have missed that part or just forogt it lmaooo

7. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Iv re-read DE a few times before its completion just because I read too many books its hard to keep track of characters and w/e the fuck is going on after months of not reading something....by the time it got completed I looked at it and went "I refuse, im not reading up to Crimsonwave Realm again!" then I did. kinda depressed that Ning didnt become a Grand Mist controller :( Just a measly Chaosverse Lord. Thats like being an Exalted Celestial in Qin Yu's home cosmos or one of the (forget novel term) peak elemental controller of the different planes for Linley!

Edit for reference: Qin Yu would be MC of Stellar Transformations and Linley would be the MC of Coiling Dragon, both of which are IET novels. Also I just spoiled them, so if you havnt read them, hop to it so you understand just how badly ruined it is/was now. Granted it seems Coiling Dragon almost always leads people to Stellar Transformations which then goes to DE and other IET novels. Unless you didnt like CD then...well I guess you probably wont read this novel either cause its kind like same shit different color.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
  8. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m rereading this book for the millionth time and just like clockwork, I cried when his mom died.

9. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    don't get too sad darknorth will gather the 7 primordial chaos orbs in wish her back.

10. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m rereading it too but I’m up to the part where he just failed his dao merge :blobpats:

11. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    There a sequel I don't remember?
    I thought.
    He only found them in their next lives and saw they were fated to be together.

12. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    He brought them back to life after he fulfilled northrest’s lifeblood oat about reaching vast heaven palace

Viola likes this.