Spoiler The Devil Within

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 8, 2018.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was suggested by @insteadofdeath <333

心魔 by 苦素

basically, ML is a junior brother who becomes a devil cultivator, MC eventually becomes the head of the sect.

at the start of the novel, MC wakes up in the body of a junior brother of his sect. he's been dead for 11 years.
    (however, i like this novel bc he eventually returns to his corpse. yes. you read that right. his CORPSE. ML brings him back to life. not only that... he's been sleeping next to the corpse for 11 years... HAHAHA. and the original body that he possesses, also wakes up after MC goes back to his original body - and he is his own character, with his own motivations, etc.)

so they start off as fellow martial brothers in the sect. ML first falls for MC bc for him, MC is the first person who treats him kindly after his parents pass.

he actually says that to MC, something like, "For you it was just a senior brother looking after a junior brother, but for me it was the first warmth someone showed me after my parents died."

so in their youngre days they are best friends basically. which... pisses off MC's OTHER best friend bc he's secretly i nlove with MC...but more on that later

so yes. they are best friends. lots of very cute moments - MC saves ML from being sexually abused, and is whipped as a result. ML brings him medicine and takes care of him. they go out drinking (of course ML steals a kiss), they work EXTREMELY well together.

they work so well together even after they become enemies, they can still basically read each others' minds.

ML later accidentally kills their 3rd junior brother, so he's cast out from the sect. it's really sad. when MC goes to find him and demand answers, ML misleads him so that he doesn't implicate MC

i like that ML takes responsibility for this... he even finds the reincarnation and makes sure he has a good life, away from all the politics and drama of the sects and cultivation world.

it is revealed later that someone (idk if i should spoil who) actually did set up ML killing this younger junior brother, but, ML still owns up to his mistake. and it does remain a thorn in MC and ML's relationship.

also! there is smut!

ML does bring him to cold water and MC tries to, you know, use that to calm down, but it doesn't work and heventually gives in to ML

they do it wice in the water... and then... go on the shore and do it some more....

i just really like their relationiship, guys. ML is strong but kind of emotionally vulnerable, and he is obsessed with MC but ashamed of it. it sets up a nice contrast between ML and MC's best friend, who is also obsessed, but deals with it by, you know. being a murderous, ambitious, scheming asshole.

Ha-Ha, mmem, Helaine and 30 others like this.
  2. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    pokes for @alexfilia

@scriptor @winter-t @LaDyViL @Sakhyu @cici @SnowTime @MoMoePom @SummerX
    @kiara8 @readerz @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @ludagad @Luen @DarkBlue @Yuslia @clear @dustmite @smr85 @lalalyly @iampsyx @HesheFell @Kailyria20 @Shizun @Misaki Yata @Haigi @XD @xiin @PKitty @insteadofdeath @Victuuri @ShenHua @Corensi @vsukio @-kiai- @Kleep @ChuChi @Cohran @azure_sea @mereumsama @Hatchy @jadelin @Neelambori @Ami @Shizuka15 @NerdExpress @Popipopipoi @kumquatsjingleheimer @Nokiyoh @K-ralara @MikotoP @purple_mangosteen @Taida07 @Matthew9999 @Hasr11 @Rilise

@missycin @Skyelyne @blaze27 @dontwanttotell @Miri-Bell @Ezralva @DJdragone @leva @CrazedCookies @Leir @Selax @Regalia1896 @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @Nokita @maya_sov @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @pcheshire @Loriel @byebye @Vi.M @Raneday @LavenderBlizzard @psychobee @theragingpanda @Ease @LiYao @SmilePlease @li.king24 4 @Zhen_Qing

@ferrelrose @cheerydandan @Raizendeville @aNonYm0U5 @Rabbitanairy @foxymirage @LiYao @Boinkers @Khysylia @UpInTheAir @Food food @Ashie @Lisstr @blues86 @rainbowturtle @GD2318 @ahsudole @imsodone @Wildelily @Dayong9909 @Haruka1409 @WagKalimutan @GinDole @Tintl @veihakase @DeanRae @haweii @Sasakira @etern @MidnightKaito @michoux @jyuuxvii @xilainia @Fieyy-Qa @JadeBunny @Levanta @Storymonster @Ash Astin @solomaize @Ninjagal @EveningWind @Silver_Moon789 @Yukki576 @Juria @Lunnear @KazeYuki @waraa @misminor @Shigure Hakuya @LoneSoul @Grandia @YukiShiiro @ThePinkHotPot @curryninja @lifeisbittersweet @Shionismad @KuroBaraHime @shouahang58 @XiaoPingGuo @bitterblackrabbit @Ryss @Moocakey @324722 @AaronKing @Cian-Chan

3. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Great summary~ The contrast between ML and antagonist is also very nice.
    Question: MC is gong or shou?

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC’s best friend is the one who set ML up to kill 3rd brother?

5. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds familiar... I swear it does....

Then again, everything sounds familiar after a while

Ashley123, HesheFell, Kleep and 2 others like this.
  6. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds so good. Do the misunderstandings between them get resolved at some point? Does ML come back to the sect? Is the smut nice n detailed?:blobnosebleed:

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Wowowowow, hold on! Are those actually characters with depth? What is this magic? Sounds like a nice novel. And we also got smut? Sign me up~

8. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds interesting but hmm the angst...well if the sweetness makes up for it then its worth reading since it seems rather developed as characters..the smut is also a great lure~ (/≧ω\)

9. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh oh ooooh I'm hyped for thiiis <3 Thank you for the poke *kowtows

10. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it translated yet?? If it is give me the name, if not give me the raw links please... also is smut detailed or FTB??:whistle::sushi_tea::cookie:

11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is the shou :D
    Yeap seems that way

The smut is detailed
    http://www.danmeila.com/gudaijiakong/17683.html

mmem and Zhen_Qing like this.
  12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers by @insteadofdeath <3

The one who drugged mc was the the actual villain/antagonist, but he did mean for the best friend to be the one to f* the MC instead of ML. (They managed to escape.)

ML spoils MC with food! He knows MC likes eating even though they don't have to.

cheerydandan, mereumsama and kiara8 like this.
  13. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started read this, but confused since i read the spoiler first and then the raw. So I wanted to make sure about the 3rd brother thing.

Xie Yingjun (MC's master) has 4 direct disciplines:
    1. Mu Changting (MC), as the eldest brother
    2. Zhai Yuan (edit: or sth Xifeng?), he's MC best friend who obsessed w/ MC (?) and also the one who trapped ML, so ML entered forbidden land/territory. He also has this weird old man by his side which emerge from the shadow, and give evil advice
    3. Xing Yuxi (ML)
    4. Zhou Zhi, he's the youngest one

So, do i get it right ? and which brother was accidentally killed? was it the youngest one? bc the 2nd brother seems like the one who being evil in the spoiler . . . or there'll be another antagonist ? At first i didn't pay too much attention about how many martial brothers MC had, and didn't even notice 2nd brother, until weird old man appeared and talked to the 2nd brother . . . i thought the weird old man following ML OTL

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Faith said it's the youngest brother >.>

clear likes this.
  15. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    A novel with crazy incidents and plot. I definitely like this.

16. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like a good read...just do the misunderstandings get resolved properly. I'm not really into the whole going around the bush with each other that much

17. MGHiddlston

MGHiddlston New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please can smb tell me, bcz I'm very very curious.... will MC and ML have a bed scenes or some intimate moments in this novel and will they be a couple in the future??

18. max2payne0

max2payne0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds interesting. I've actually been interested in cultivation BL novels after reading stuff like founder of diabolism, scum villain and everyday the protagonist, but there isn't that much. Hopefully, this gets translated, but until then, I don't mind reading the mtl :aww:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019