LCD The Devil's Cage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Overclock, Aug 6, 2017.

1. saad52000

saad52000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me if he will ever use his power outside the game or with his real body?

2. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That might be a spoiler, my friend.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So did Kieran and Starbeck marry before the end?

After reading the two party dungeons with Starbeck (Shaman's Partner and Daybreaker title dungeon) I finally realized why Kieran rejected every one of girls before... :ROFLMAO:

IRainstorm, Black Frost and Wujigege like this.
  4. saad52000

saad52000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just need a Yes or No answer. No need for spoilers .

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C904: How does this not count as him failing the main mission? He's clearly been recognized.

C933: She didn't shed a tear, or indeed, care at all, when Bocard was beheaded in front of her. Why the sudden waterworks for Pudd?

C1031: “Really worthy of a Unique Title!” Actually, compared to Broker, it feels a bit weak.

C1043: I wonder if/when we'll get a true sci-fi setting where his magic items and abilities are suppressed.

C1252: Speaking of his illness, he never got it cured, even though he could easily afford to.

C1323: "Even with his special constitution, he had almost depleted his Stamina." Doesn't Fury Slash deplete all of his stamina by default?

C1334: I wonder why Starbeck hasn't learned warding. It feels like something that would be right up his alley.

C1363: I really wish the author would stop it with the bigotry already.

C1370: So, if he can forcefully hypnotize people even with almost all of his power sealed, then why did he ever need to waste time and energy on torture?

C1497: That demon is extremely bad at negotiating.

C1536: Why didn't he learn a cooking skill from that?

C1542: Wasn't his memory already perfect?

C1600: "Kieran was unable to accept a female being so stubborn and hysteric." She wasn't being hysterical at all. If the author can't let go of his misogyny, then I wish he'd just stop writing female characters.

C1614: If the meer mention of Mordin was enough to move such powerful forces, then why weren't they already moving for Hell's Breath?

C1629: "The serial killer that Teddy has been chasing for so long crashed his car into a fire hydrant while running away, the trunk full of evidence of his killing, hence leading to his apprehension."

Then, why would they get the bounty? And why would the cops give them new IDs when they wouldn't have any way of proving their identities?

Also, why would they believe that those two bought the place when there's no bill of sale or record of money transfer and the two of them look like paupers? And why would they be allowed to open for business when they haven't paid for the licenses or undergone the inspections or bribed anyone?

Black Frost likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm starting to think she's not really a drunk and is just pretending to be to get close to them for some reason.

7. Avadonia

Avadonia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i agree with most of what you said Jacob, the story is really interesting but there are some pretty bad point, have to personally say i'm kind of tired of Kieran to have this plot armor and absolutely always know and deduct everything even with little to no information, when reading i'm basically waiting for Kieran to win and that's it.

8. Cole

Cole Always Bored AF

Reading List:
    Link
    is there romance in here?? i'm at 700+ and i really wanna know

9. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the love of food count?

There are some vague relationship interactions between certain characters and the mc, but the mc's focus isn't on romance. There is one character who is romantically interested in 2567 for strange reasons, and because of that he doesn't trust her. Then there is the cook who is presented as male but sometimes it's hinted he might be a she, and he (she) and 2567 have a really nice bond/friendship because of food, but I don't know if it could be called romantic.

As of yet, that's about it I think. But the focus never seems to be on romance afaik.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I think it's a bad translator doing that. There is a lot of sentence or words that seems flat out badly translated all over the story, and I suspect a lot of the mygonistic things like this are due to the translator, given how a lot of the women are also treated as having both agency and being some of the stronger people (Witch, Rachel, Nikorei).

The parts that annoy me is the constant "act like an asshole to girls and they'll love you" thing though.

11. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow didn't realize it was so close to the end already.

12. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems kinda abrupt.ending was pretty meh.

13. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending was garbage.

The story was set up badly for a long running novel. For one after a few missions and bonus missions the mc was stronger than 99% of the player base. Then a few missions later arguably he was the strongest or at least top 10. It's been a while, but realistically even before his tenth main mission he had few if any real threats and the mc just acted careful, never showing all his cards. Wasn't the premise that he had to go through 25 main missions, so if he's super OP by his tenth main mission you have a problem. Afterwards even with a open mind there would be less than a handful of genuine threats.

Author's obsession with cooking was disgustingly too much. No wonder his next work was about cooking super powers or something.

Author also sucks at math when he has the mc buy stuff that won't net him a profit for like a decade.

And for never introducing a scifi world the author sucks.

Arbalest likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time romance comes up (which happens all the time because random girls want to get into MC's pants because MC is MC) MC always "runs away", he never just says "no, I'm not interested" or turn them down, so they just keep trying to seduce/court/etc. him while he "politely" acts as if nothing's going on but he's constantly complaining about how annoying they are.

From the 1k+ chapters I've read (haven't finished the novel yet though) it's easily the worst part of the novel. Basically equivalent to the 'fake harems' in a lot of JP novels.

Arkeus and Wujigege like this.
  15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't think people still read this novel.
    Is there any sort of goal to the novel?
    The fake sickness doesn't count

16. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amusingly, I think he is still on his eighth main mission? and yeah, he was supposed to do 30.

The plot had some huge issues with constant retcons of power levels, though it was fairly amusing. It was obvious the author couldn't continue much further though.

However, is it finished? I doesn't look finished in last chapter?

17. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    If NU is correct there are 1864 chapters. So hopefully some questions get answered, but I dunno.

18. Zhou_Yan

Zhou_Yan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who did he end up with in the end?

19. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whats the deal with broker???