LCD The Devil's Cage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Overclock, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an ongoing novel and there's no MTL for it afaik, at least not on lnmtl or comrademao.

I tried MTLing it back in the 100s and it was easy enough, though there's quite a lot of editing / localization and the system messages are pretty bad unless you make extensive terms for them (it wasn't that bad for me since I could use regular expression and the author actually use numerals instead of chinese letters for the currency, skill points, stat points, etc, but I don't think most people does this or even make their own terms in the first place so...)

Anyway, it's probably readable enough with just google translate for MTLers who don't care about not completely understanding some parts...

2. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I just switched from the Noodletown to QI translation.

Qin Ran -> Kieran..... *I'm shook*

Lol, I'm sure I'll get used to the localization.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't even know there was another translation than the QI one. But yup, personally I think one of the few good things with the translation for Devil's Cage has been the localization and editing.

4. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know almost no one ever comes in here, but i got to ask another question. why doesn't Kieran name drop the Knights of the Dawn? they kinda sorta implied that his effects on other worlds do affect the current dungeon to an extent, is it so hard to believe that the knights of the Dawn could somehow be written into this worlds past. he may even be able to use his current world to spring board his way into an extra dungeon for the world he did the knights of the dawn quest for.

5. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now why would he drop such an OP skill for
    And he currently needs it to increase his spirit and constitution so he that he doesnt get a backlash from when he uses his heart powers
    Ive stoped reading it but where i left of
    He uses it to increase his spirit and constitution and doesnt need to face a backlash but it turns out that he needs to tame the heart or else it will eventually take control of him.

6. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    I said name drop, as in speak to other people while mentioning the knight order that he gained that skill from in an attempt to find out of that order exists in some way shape or form in his current world.
    I also mean that while all the worlds are separate, certain things he does and says seem to be able to make them at least somewhat connected in narrative.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    He technically did recently

8. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda sorta, but he just mentioned that he was cultivating dawn force. i feel like if he just mentioned the actual knight order, something unexpected might happen.

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not impressed with the current arc myself to be honest

10. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the author doesn't write skills as good as Knight of Dawn? It's his only skill that required Golden Skill Points from the basic level and he got it in his first time dungeon. In that sense it's his best skill that's yet to be surpassed, but he gets legendary gear left and right. Anyone know if get a skill on par with it later on.

11. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude that skill is already OP
    Him getting more of those skills would be just to much plot amour
    I mean he already has OP equipment and that OP heart of his
    Just be satisfied

12. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    But he got it so early on yet it's his highest ranking skill. And we both know he is going to keep getting legendary stuff every other chapter, so why not skills. And unlike equipment skills require investment and training. Look how long it took for Knight of Dawn to get to it's current rank.

13. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    To much
    That's to much
    Look at how expensive his skill are now
    To keep up the author would need to thicken the plot amour

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Not by much. All of his skills are pretty high level or maxed out, and a few only require Golden Skill Points to get to the final level. The rest have to be self taught and can't be upgrade with points. As far as skills go the only ones not maxed out that upgrade with points are are Knight of Dawn, his two kicking skills, and weapon skills he doesn't prioritize like spear and archery. Maybe I missed something, but that's all I can think of.

15. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    And his still OP
    His gonna get more skills and equipment
    His Probably gonna get one more skill that's knight of dawn tier ,so he can take that heart of his

16. Buffelephant

Buffelephant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easy to complete later dungeons if you have a good foundation. By completing a dungeon with a high enough rank your able to re-enter that world as an extra without raising the difficulty.

Basically he can reach the point where he has completed 100+ dungeons but his base difficulty is still at completing 15 dungeons.

So any side mission from early dungeons should have better rewards than later dungeon.

That's why his golden body skill is one of the best skills he found. It was harder for him to complete an early dungeon side mission.

He also mentions that the higher rank sea stone (forgot its name, the one where he gets a stronger water attack the closer he is to a body of water) seems weaker than some of his low rank items he got from early dungeons. Like his king medal.

17. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot he still had that medal. God, he gets so much stuff that you start to forget what he has. The author even forgot that demon summoning scroll he has and wanting to recruit that sword guy from this world. And according to the translator this is true since
    The author is going to introduce pets for the mc in a future arc.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad romance rears its ugly head again
    Something I feel some of these authors have never met women

19. Buffelephant

Buffelephant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right. That demon scroll was op, came from this world specifically, and can be used on the main spirit enemies plaguing the city he is about to visit. Pretty sure it had a costly down side, though I can't remember it.

That sword guy also had a tragic backstory, how could the author forget to include him.

20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I think for the demon summoning you have to pay a percentage of your original cost to buy the demon every time you summon it. It not too much depending on the summon, but we never learn about demons requiring Golden Skill Points to get and summon, since you only had to pay a percentage. And with how much the mc makes it's nothing.