The doom of gravity tales

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tratuk, May 31, 2020.

1. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When fan work becomes business, that's what we get.

2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not always. Basically you need a creator that understands business enough to have their own style and still make money. But it's super difficult.

To make it easier, you end up with creators that specialize in creation and businesspeople that specialize in business attempting to join mismatched puzzle pieces together. What you get is usually something where much of the fun is taken away.

runsing likes this.
  3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a problem in almost any field. Professionals are busy doing their job, then management tries to do their job by ordering the professionals around. The only problem is management doesn't understand what the professionals actually do, so they either mess things up or are ignored by the professionals.

This disconnect is especially noticeable in the education or medical fields. Principals don't have to have had teaching experience and management doesn't need to have taken care of patients before. Of course, that doesn't mean they are all bad at their jobs. It is just easier to detect incompetence in those fields.

4. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bye GT:blobcry:
    Wonder who is next though:cookie:

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  5. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Member i member...

The most devastating one for me is Bakastuki. (I know its still around but it just isnt the same :blobpensive:)

jacha, Kuro_0ni and trag23 like this.
  6. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    How is this similar, from what I understand he thinks videogames are a peice of shit form of entertainment (his own words are less valuable than more traditional media) and sold the rights to make videogames from them thinking it wasnt going to do well. Then once it did well he realized that the clause only stated the first game not 2 and 3 so he pushed for more money. Not saying the guy doesn't deserve more money but i felt like the situation was he underestimated the video game market and just got salty that the videogame market pushed his work to a new level outside just books. Not to mention they made a TV show the hexer before the video games too. Im not saying your point isnt wrong but I dont know where you are coming from please inform us.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    runsing likes this.
  7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Original owner sold the whole shebang, site and all, to they who completely suck, for an unknown amount of money and said suckers then proceeded to drive the site into the ground by either moving novels to webnovel or just cutting novels altogether.

Sansin06 likes this.
  8. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone was wondering.....

TamaSaga likes this.
  9. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    GT coulda been a great site with continued revenue like WW but it got sold for a lump sum and now theres no going back.

10. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link