Spoiler The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
  2. chrismacks

chrismacks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers ?????

3. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    You can report it

4. chrismacks

chrismacks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers??????

5. Abhieghail

Abhieghail Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you link the spoiler thread here? I can't see it T---T

morticia_addams likes this.
  6. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers, please

7. XLing91

XLing91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please..:cry:
    Who is the ML?

8. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it would be nice to see them please.

9. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    take a look at the comments on the NU page. The translator gives several "vague spoilers"

10. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    which is the link

11. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean the spoilers? In this novel NU’s page, the translator gave some spoilers through a review. She also gave some spoilers in the chapter 9’s comments, so you can take a look if you want know more.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  12. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me the link (the URL, i think is the name, like this one https://forum.novelupdates.com) because i do not know where to find the novel NU's page.

13. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you confusing the spoiler thread and the novel NU’s page? There is only one spoiler thread for this novel, this one we are typing in.
    But I was talking about this:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-dreamer-in-the-spring-boudoir/
    Check Fuyuneko's review, it’s the translator of this novel.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  14. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you very much.

15. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like the translator deleted the review he did with some possible spoilers. But here are some things I remember:
    - the protagonist begins the story with about 20 years, and ends with 30.
    - doesn't have a secondary male character but she has a best female friend
    - few parts of the story are sad, but most is warm
    - is not one of those novels with a strong protagonist and has many advantages to know what will happen in future, changing the history of the book has consequences, sometime not good ones.
    - it looks like the characters aren't as simple as they look. The protagonist sees all as two-dimensional, but no more than that. They have motivations that din't appear in the book the protagonist had read, each one has a story, and no one has a simple mind like she thinks. It seems that this is what made the translator take this translation.
    - it will be clear the difference of the idea of love in antiquity and in modern times

But what I really wanted to know is about the protagonist of the book, the one that married the Marquis. Wilwe finally have a full novel with a "female lead" that reigns in "quick transmigrations novels", which have managed to take the main leader of the main villainess, who shows more humanity. Or one that is smart?
    Anyone who does not turn into a demoness just because she has now arranged a rival in love, who was the old rival in love!
    Because did she made her new husband divorced from his wife, so ... she's a mess-marriages.

EDIT: Well...Fuyuneko edited our deleted her review for some minutes, was no longer in the commentaries but now it is, and I wrote those spoilers in the meantime. so ... ignore me!

kxep, 199sweetheart, Fuyuneko and 3 others like this.
  16. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    @bibi Thank you for reading my review =). I just want to clarify that there is a secondary male character. But, there's also female characters that's she friendly with. I really liked how Ji Man (the MC) is sympathetic towards the other concubines and how the author doesn't write them in a negative light.

Wen Wan? It wasn't her decision for the marquis to demote Nie Sangyu to a concubine. It was the marquis's choice. With or without Wen Wan, he wanted to take away Nie Sangyu's position as main wife. There will be a chapter soon from the marquis's point of view that will summarize his 6 year history with Nie Sangyu. I would say Wen Wan is similar to Doomed to be Cannon Fodder's original female protagonist, but she's starts off much nicer and deeply in love with the marquis. Ji Man knows the pivotal relationship building moments between Wen Wan and Ning Yuxuan and she has fun actively ruining them XD.

Edited to add: Wen Wan does become smarter over the course of the novel. And Ji Man narrates that a female lead can be innocent and kind because she has the absolutely protection of the male lead and second male lead.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  17. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers and for translating the novel! I’m really enjoying it <3

Who is the second male lead? Also can you spoil some cute moments between MC and ML? And what happened with Original!FL after ML started liking MC?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Fuyuneko likes this.
  18. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading ahead in the raws (only up to chapter 30), and I'm slightly confused about what Ji Mian is trying to achieve. Is her goal to fulfill the host's wish of making husband love her? (It felt to me at first that she was going to stay away from the husband, stay out of the conflict, and live her own peaceful life while improving her situation though - note my comprehension skills aren't too good)

Fuyuneko likes this.
  19. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning Mingjie (He doesn't appear until raw chapter 32, so around translated ch 54.) He's Nie Sangyu's best friend's brother and also the marquis's cousin.

There's so many sweet moments, but I'm really bad at summarizing, so I'll leave this for someone else.

At first, Wen Wan (Original!FL) makes an attempt to be magnanimous about it. And she says stuff like, it's okay as long you love me the most. Then, she tries to get the marquis's attention by flirting with other men (which obviously backfires horribly because she's his wife) and she tries bad idea after idea to regain his attention

20. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    When Ji Man didn't know how to go back to the future, her temporary goal was just to improve her situation. But, in raw chapter 13, Nie Sangyu tells her through a dream that her wish is for the marquis to fall in love with her and she also shows part of her past to Ji Man. Before this dream, Ji Man didn't know about the horrible history between Nie Sangyu and Ning Yuxuan's marriage. She had only known what was written in the novel. And, this is why Ji Man doesn't understand why Ning Yuxuan still dislikes her even though her behavior has changed.

After Nie Sangyu's dream, Ji Man continues to work on improving her living conditions and getting a favorable impression with the other concubines because she doesn't know how to fulfill Nie Sangyu's impossible wish yet. Plus, she think the husband is scum, so she rather focus on work.

In front of the husband, Ji Man pretends that she's heartbroken and that's why she's given up on the husband as a way to get his attention. But, secretly she thinks he's despicable for the way he treated Nie Sangyu and the other women.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018