Spoiler The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. LynnXiu

LynnXiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fuyuneko i remembered you said in that somethibg bad will happen to JM everytime she uses modern world knowledge, what bad things will happen if JM uses her future knowledge? What are examples of them?

2. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    She catches the crown prince's interest again because of plagiarizing that poem, which is very much unwanted. It's one thing for him to think she's beautiful, showing him that she's intelligent will make him be worried that she can win Ning Yuxuan over to third prince's side.

3. Vemmy

Vemmy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s wrong with being 20 in modern times and have never dated or kissed? At least half of my friend group are like this -_-

Lol at first, I wholeheartedly hated the ml in Princess medical doctor. I felt that the mc might as well die/transmigrated back and the ml can fully feel the consequences of his actions. And then I read 帝凰之神医弃妃. Xiao Tianyao is an angel compared to this bastard. Aside from repeatedly using fl as bait and basically being an asshole, he has ruined her reputation so utterly and has slept her (which became pretty much public knowledge) but also acknowledges that he can’t take her as his wife. Why would anyone pick this asshole when there is such an amazing second male lead RIGHT THERE??? Fl needs serious help. Afterwards, you will learn to appreciate that at least PMD was short and there weren’t any extrodinary supporting male leads that made the male lead seem even more scum in comparison. I feel hate just thinking about that story -_-

I was listening to this story about a year ago before the cv went on haitus, it was at the point where she was pregnant and had just told the granny. I distinctly remember feeling that lots of bad things were gonna happen and that the ml doesn’t deserve a happy ending....

4. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing. I just find it strange that it's so rare to see a modern woman in her 20's not having done either in Chinese novels. Out of the 100+ Chinese novels I've read, I've only seen this twice.

Elliana and RaNa531 like this.
  5. Vemmy

Vemmy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that’s true...I think it mostly starts with a ruined relationship for the story to start developing? Ah but Chestnut’s works....

Elliana, RaNa531 and Fuyuneko like this.
  6. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Muxu at the end?

7. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    She became Ning Yuxuan's concubine, got caught with cheating on him, and was punished with death by drowning.

8. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was she cheating with?

Elliana likes this.
  9. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Doctor Li. He first appears in chapter 10.

Elliana, Miki T and Miaka_Mei like this.
  10. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^She shoulda just stuck with Dr. Li from the beginning...

Gushishi, Elliana, Miki T and 4 others like this.
  11. McNoodle

McNoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! I don't understand her logic whatsoever. Oh well, she was just a cannon fodder b*tch anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elliana, lazynoodles and Miaka_Mei like this.
  12. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so can you explain how she cheated and why?

Elliana and lazynoodles like this.
  13. iampheng

Reading List:
    Link
    ... sooooo I can't wait to get to the part where NYX must make amends to JM. He's so petty in these latest few chapters.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  14. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when she return to the modern world, will she meet with her family? Like does she have parents, siblings, friends, who worries about her at this moment? Coz ji man will be mean to let them alone so she can reunite with her "husband"

Elliana likes this.
  15. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Ji Man has close family or friends in the modern world. She seems like a workaholic to me. That's why she decides to go back to the past/book again. By the time she returns to the modern world, she's been in the book/past for over 6 years. Her family isn't just Ning Yuxuan. It's Errong, Nie Qingyun, and other people. She's grown to love and care for them past a superficial level.

16. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay so i'm in chapter 82 in the raw and wen wan did a big big mistake and i think she lost her main wife position? What did she do? I can't understand :( And she was locked in the firewood?

Elliana likes this.
  17. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been awhile since I read this and I never finished it, but IIRC:

Wen Wan first made several mistakes that ended in Ji Man's position being raised to being almost on par with the main wife position. Then she caused an unrelated marriage bestowed by the Emperor to fall apart. She basically went around the city gathering a bunch of male followers with big white lotus act, seemingly in order to make NYX jealous.

The Emperor's marriage bestowal was an edict for a girl Ji Man was friendly with and the heir to a major territory. The girl wasn't very attractive physically, but she had a good head on her shoulders and it was a good political marriage where she had a decent relationship with her husband due to being witty. They didn't hate each other or anything, so it should have been a good match.

However, the guy was really into how pretty and innocent Wen Wan seemed. After Wen Wan hinted that her father was deep in debt, the guy pawned off a piece of jewelry that signified his position. He did this because his wife was in control of the accounts and refused to give him more spending money to spend on Wen Wan. The girl found out about him essentially selling off his family seal and, after failing to convince her husband to stop being a moron, marched on House Ning to demand Wen Wan let her husband go, since Wen Wan was a married woman who had no business with a married man other than her own husband.

Wen Wan played innocent and the guy showed up and took full responsibility for the situation, blaming his wife for getting involved rather than Wen Wan. This obviously pissed off the wife, so she went to the Emperor to ask for a divorce. Once it got to that point, it wasn't a situation that could be hidden. This destroyed Wen Wan's reputation and pissed off the Emperor, since, you know, this marriage was bestowed by imperial edict and this pair wanting to get divorced over Wen Wan was basically a big slap in the Emperor's face. Therefore, Wen Wan not only had her positions revoked but was also sentenced to be a slave. Wen Wan was locked in the shed before that because her behavior was too shameful for the family and NYX's mom was never on her side to begin with.

18. iampheng

Reading List:
    Link
    ^That's terrible! Even if you wanna mess around with ppl, you should still refrain from seriously hurting anyone!

Elliana likes this.
  19. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh! how far are off from those chapter?? Can’t wait to see her lose the main wife position :D
    Could you please give us a few more spoilers regarding other screw ups from Wen Wan and how she embarrasses the ML?

Elliana and Food food like this.
  20. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, it's been awhile since I read the novel and I don't remember it too clearly. But glancing at the current translation mark, Wen Wan getting knocked down a few pegs should be happening in the nearish future.

As for why...

Wen Wan basically throws a jealous fit when NYX brings a new concubine home upon returning from their vacation. Wen Wan irritates NYX with her behavior, which leads to a standoff. It eventually spirals into Wen Wan going out on the town and attracting male followers by participating in poetry competitions, apparently trying to make NYX jealous. She earns a reputation as a talented lady due to her many male admirers, despite not actually being talented in literature.

The earlier concubine is pregnant (which is how she finagled her way into the household) and Wen Wan is implicated in her miscarriage. IIRC, it's not clear whether Wen Wan did it on purpose or if she was set up to do it, but it's part of a running plotline implying NYX doesn't want any kids at that point in time.

All that is against the backdrop of the struggle between the Crown Prince and the Third Prince. Ji Man's status in the household is tied directly to the Nie family's status and her mother-in-law's friendship with the Nie family. So while Wen Wan is irritating NYX, Ji Man pretty much benefits from appearing to keep her hands clean of any mess and acting like a proper lady.

Since Ji Man's mother-in-law is on her side, any time Wen Wan screws up, her MIL takes advantage to make things more comfortable for Ji Man. In addition, Ji Man subtly fucks with the NYX+WW ship when she can. For example, when Wen Wan is sentenced to kneel for a night, Ji Man prevents her from getting pity points from becoming ill from the punishment by letting out some gossip that lures her male admirers to visit and take care of her.

Wen Wan is also suggested to be skimming from the household funds, but IIRC, that's more complicated and involves one of the other concubines in the household as well, and neither of them get in direct trouble for it.

Basically, Wen Wan's fall from grace isn't unfounded... but it really makes one wonder what NYX was doing with all these women in his harem. His backyard seems to be on fire 24/7. Maybe he was just so disillusioned with Nie Sangyu that he pretty much said 'fuck it' to making sure his household was in order?