Picked Up The Duchess of the Attic

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by summer-162, May 20, 2019.

1. JokerEND

JokerEND Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well im glad, opal didnt abandon hubert. She peacefully divorced him and also taught him how to stand up on his own.
    He learned how to manage his territory atleast.
    If she didnt do so , he might have come for revenge or something which he will not be able to do so. And could have a bad end .
    And i wanna punch stella .

Bdw who does hubert end up with?
    I dont think anyone is going to marry him

2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you want to punch the disabled girl but feel glad for the guy who started all this shit and is responsible for 90 percent of his problems?

gen58, Scapezz, Zyrenalexia and 7 others like this.
  3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Disability shouldn't be a cop out. The way the girl was portrayed is that she was manipulating the guy into caring too much for her and not everybody else. If she was a loyal friend, why didn't she try to know Opal at best? Why does she look so smug every time they meet?
    As a friend to the opposite sex, I never felt anything but welcoming to my friend's partners. Any romantic relationship with my friends is not my business and I would have encouraged it since I care for everybody's feelings. This girl seems not to be the case and she did well by hiding her disability. It just screams green tea bitch.

The duke was too stupid to realize that he was neglecting his duties, and trusted people way too much.

I mean, we all know the guy is stupid and reaped what he sowed. So why does the girl gets the pass?

No sane woman should marry that guy. Pass the title and lands to his relative who might have a brain cell or two.

Yah, she fended the guy off. And made his life worse later on.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  4. masakibluei

masakibluei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hubert ends up with no one. He does not see Stella in a romantic way. He tries to get engaged to someone else because he needs a heir to succeed him. However, he fails because the other girl wants him to end his relationship with Stella. I think after this incident Stella back off from Hubert and decides to live somewhere else in the countryside. Then Hubert finally falls in love with another girl but that girl rejects him.

5. Jesicagozali

Jesicagozali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to hear this. But still, looking at how Opal is unfairly treated and Stella giggling out of nowhere like pitying here, I wanna let her get a fair treatment at least. Like what if everyone knows how nasty you are and that you are not really an angel like how everyone claimed? Seriously, even all the maid and butler are so insolent towards Opal (not cleaning her room, not respectfully treating her) despite they are using Her money to buy everything. Reading this makes me think that most people are being ungrateful

6. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody get a link to the translated novel? I'm searching the web and my reference has gone into the black hole.
    As much as I want the same thing, someone will pull out the disability card. I don't how disable people live and I cannot speak for them. However, from my read, Stella is a green tea bitch for me. And it's gonna end like those trashy heroines who will cry once they perceive a slight over them. Nobody wants that but I guess that is something I would definitely expect from her. I just hope she wont have any shred of happiness coz from my view, she doesn't have a right to ruin other people's relationship.

As for the household, I doubt the people outside the house especially those Opal helped will have any respect for them. Sure, they serve the duke but now, everybody knows he's a fool. They might have a slight reprieve because of Opal but that wont last long. In my mind, I hope those who helped Opal will transfer to her estate instead. There is no point serving a leader who acts like a beheaded chicken.

Reality is most people are really ungrateful. If they can take you for granted and use you, they will.

7. masakibluei

masakibluei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least one of the maid gets the karma back at her. One of Stella's loyal maid, I forgot her name, she got pregnant by the one who tried to rape Opal. She got fired and left jobless because society was even cruel to unmarry pregnant women. Hubert and Stella did nothing to help this maid, but Opal is the one who basically finds justice for her. She reveals that guy's wrongdoings and also seizes his wealth to support his children (he got so many women pregnant).

8. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I... kinda have to appreciate the graceful approach they did to Hubert
    Usually, characters of his archetype would be way worse but he feels fairly grounded which makes him more believable as a character. I also have to appreciate how he isn't a love interest here and that does make sense: if you constantly swing between sweet and sour around someone and they primarily see you as sour, you're gonna lose any romantic prospects you'd have with them.

maenochka, Scapezz, Alniyat and 2 others like this.
  9. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened in the end? Like the ending ending? MC and ML married and happily ever after peacefully?

10. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, they divorced, you can read the previous comments for spoilers ;)

hubert is 10000% stupid naive nobleguy, its not wrong to believe people who works years for him, but come on, its not all of them are pure straight honest guy, ok? but, then again, i think because his parents die early, and no relatives?, so he can only rely to those around him (his servants and employees) which led him to his destruction.

people around him took advantage of his weakness, and he blindly trust them unconditionally. poor little hubert

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Zepelim, Boopbup, Scapezz and 13 others like this.
  11. eleftheria13

eleftheria13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's unbelievable to me how well Hubert managed to get off. Realistically, he should have gone straight down to ruins, but he luckily married a smart girl, whom he mistreated and as a return, she solved all his financial problems, instead of getting a damned divorce...It definitely screams reality.

12. cajiindon

cajiindon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely 7years is a waste of each others time but it made both of them grow. The experience was necessary for Opal when she had to tackle arising issues as the Duchess of Claude. Also Hubert had become a great ally. I didn't really understand well, but it appears that he is planning to turn over his territory to Opal since he failed getting a new wife and successor.
    The best guy award in this story has to be given to Julian Holloway!

13. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil about Opal and Claude(?) love life??:blobmelt:blobmelt_thumbs

14. cajiindon

cajiindon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Hubert and Opal's divorce, she went to her Granny's place. Claude came back for her. Turns out Claude was not just the son of a Baronness but the mysterious Marquis of the other kingdom who funded Hubert's mine. They married and went lovey-dovey in the other kingdom, played damsel in distress and knight in shining armour... After all that they keep aging yet still Opal didn't get pregnant yet.

15. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't know should I feel pity on Hubert or not because the way he treated opal he also get back what he deserves by opal's rejection and witnessing her marrying with her bff which is enough for his punishment I think I mean he didn't physically abuse her or tortured her infact leave her to do whatever she wishes even didn't bother her during her stays(accurately to say didn't consider her anything as a person)only reacting when she says against his staffs or face off with that stela and I think with him it's absolutely fine that he lose opal then stela also leaves him at some point because of new fiance objection in this way not only him but that bitch stela and household will understand that every one is not like opal( or with that same situation )that they will tolerate their misbehavior that stella's maid also got back her karma and now have to depend on opal's charity but being rejected second time by new love surely tough man the man somehow really pitiable lost parents at young age, not treasured opal at r8 time now lost her, so called sister left him , 2nd love rejected him so on
    btw in this novel bro sis things are very going on 1st hubert think stela has his sister then opal think Hubert has her brother (though he don't even deserves to be consider as bro by opal after all which bro call sis a slut).

16. Ace_jelly

Ace_jelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly,I too agree I mean MC already has bad luck for getting accused and almost got hurt in her debut and her ex-husband(ahhh that felt good to say)added fuel to the fire for calling her slut:blobthumbsdown:.

Also,I hope that childhood friend of his would get face slapped or something or see MC living happily :blobthinkingsmirk:also I wanna know what happened to the workers especially the maid and I know this may sound unreasonable but I feel like that so called childhood friend of her ex-husband may not be disabled I mean its just how plots are sometimes it gets really unexpected but thats how I kinda think it can happen so will it be true or not?spoiler please:aww:

17. zenslover

zenslover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least I know that Opal actually have someone that cares and love her enough, Hubert is putting soo misery for her and the maids treat her really bad, I'm glad for her

engengeng19 likes this.
  18. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is definitely a precious and not a typical, cliche Japanese/Korean/Chinese novel where FL usually end up marrying and loving the psychotic ML who abused her for years and then suddenly turned sweet when he realized he loves her... Gross.. I hate it how submissive and weak most East Asian authors make FLs' character.

And here I'm sooooo soooo glad Opal leaves that good damn hot looking but brainless guy who thinks like a 6 y/o kid. She's smart, gentle, kind, yet not a Mary Sue nor damsel in distress. Thank goodness she could get divorce and I love the way she rejects his proposal to get married for real. The words she uses to reject him is very satisfying and guilt trip. I can't wait to see this scene in the manga, and how horrible and heartbroken Hubert's face will be.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  19. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Claude finally appeared in translated manga!!!
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

20. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw,
    FloOffy spoilers about MC x Claude??:blobmelt: