Spoiler The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dorian stan

dorian stan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the maid gets whipped 300 times and hanged.

2. Lusine

Lusine 〖A little sweet, a little mischievous♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

3. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A while back, I wrote a few paragraphs asking what happened to the OG Chloe and going into how I really like The Duchess's 50 Tea Recipes really gave the woman who transmigrated (Park Hajeong) her own fleshed-out identity. It isn't just a nameless Korean or Japanese person that conveniently has modern-day ideas, but an actual individual who was on the opposite spectrum of "doormat" (OG Chloe couldn't handle responsibility and Park-Chloe let everyone dump responsibilities on her) and was actively inspired to change in an almost "Christmas Carol" way. Part of that was an analysis of how the webtoon is really good emphasizing how things that were really traumatic or stressful for Chloe didn't really affect Park-Chloe the same way because Park is an altogether different person. She has the memories of OG Chloe screwing up the kitchen supplies situation and she gets second-hand guilt and shame about it, but that's not actually her so it's easier for her to just DEAL with it.

In hindsight though, Park-Chloe (despite her vindication not be a doormat anymore) is still shoved into a position where she is forced to take on all of Chloe's responsibilities and make up for all of Chloe's mistakes.

Anyways, I know that some people are a bit annoyed at the webtoon not yet concluding with its happily ever after yet, feeling like they're really stretching the story. That's fair, but I just personally am really into them actually having the transmigrated MC questioning what the hell happened to the OG inhabitant of the body. I haven't really seen that in any other story (if you have any suggestions, please message me). I'm also really into Park-Chloe's current emotional turmoil about it because it really shows that she hasn't quite left her "doormat" tendencies (or the parts of her personality that make her susceptible to being a doormat) behind. In her previous life, she was that person at her job who did all the work to make officemates and superiors look better (a very Asian mindset for office work, I have received constant lectures about how my job is ultimately to make my manager look good and don't do anything to make them look bad). We are now seeing the same thing. While Park-Chloe is the one who did all the work to better Chloe's life (among high society, business, the country with the prestige/award she earned, internationally, on the Vandenburg estate, among the commoners, she actually has FRIENDS, and with Alphonse), some part of her still identifies enough as Park Hajeong to feel like she's a fraud and that she doesn't deserve all this happiness, success, and love. When, frankly, she EARNED by and for herself. And what is she even going to do? Give the management of the estates, the businesses, the social gathering hosting, and all that shit back to OG Chloe? Woman is still not taking the credit she's due.

To be fair, that part is also what provides a mental and emotional distance for her to deal with things like OG Chloe's parents. For all the parents try to emotionally manipulate or pressure her doing what they want, that shit doesn't work because Park-Chloe just straight up does not have those attachments, feelings of obligation, fear, or desires for approval and love. For example, "We're your parents. You have a duty a duty to obey our words". And her inner thoughts beforehand to this are very revealing and it's kind of weird. Because, here, we see hints of a transmigrated MC who is almost protective of the original owner of the body they're in. Park-Chloe doesn't give a shit because these are actual strangers who pop up out of nowhere, after YEARS of no contact, demanding money from her and her husband. If anything, because she has memories of them mistreating OG-Chloe, she is angry and indignant on OG Chloe's behalf. At the end of the day, the parents' treatment is not emotionally devastating to Park-Chloe as it would have been for OG Chloe. There is a real difference here. The only downside is Park-Chloe feeling sad for OG Chloe and guilt about the reminder that she has essentially stolen the body of another very real person.

Anyways, I look forward to her guilt be resolved. From what I understand OG Chloe is doing fine in Korea and they somehow are able to communicate with each other that they're doing just fine. I just really appreciate how they're BOTH taken out of environments that were bad for them and given the chance at bettering their lives.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I am just REALLY into this webtoon.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  4. love like honey

love like honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just curious about the duke's reaction when he knew that she is from another world... someone, please, give me a spoiler

Shey_04, KriFiLinah, AoMay and 3 others like this.
  5. loonyalbatross

loonyalbatross New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one that covers transmigation is The Reason why Raeliana Ended up At the Duke's House. It's similar in that both Chloe and Raeliana take hold of their new lives, and also wonder about what happened to the souls that inhabited their bodies before them. It's the central plot of Raeliana, so you may find it interesting if you enjoy this.

JuniperBluePen and Themas like this.
  6. MichinGae

MichinGae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall that his reaction was like, he actually didn't mind it at all and said that as long as it's her, he's fine with anything. It's been so long since I read this one, so I hope I didn't mix em up with another plot cuz I'm reading other things rn haha.

7. MichinGae

MichinGae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized, the manhwa has finally caught up to the parents' sceneㅋㅋㅋ even though it has a slight differences, it's not that bad hahaha, I haven't been reading manhwa in a while... ._.)

IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.
  8. love like honey

love like honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    o thanks lot, as I expected he is another Noah haha

RavenHatter and loonyalbatross like this.
  9. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooo~ Thank you for the rec! Much appreciated. X3

10. KriFiLinah

KriFiLinah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloe and her tea is what Kendall and her Pepsi wishes to be

11. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bahaha u killed me. It's like Lena Situations and her Coca Cola (French ppl where u at?)

12. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god. After the recent two chapters, I've begun rereading the manga because I COULDN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF BITCHY WHITE HAIRED "ALPHONSE AND I HAD SUCH A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP, HE TOTALLY LIKES SWEETS" LADY. And I can't believe I'm only NOW truly appreciating just how big of a thing it is for Alphonse to proclaim his love for Chloe to basically the whole world (cause you know with that many nobles, word gets around).

This whole thing about how showing emotion and wearing his heart on a sleeve would take away from his dignity as a noble is exactly what his dad was super against. So much so that he was willing to put his own teenage son into solitary confinement for around half a year to torture into obedience.

Good on you, Alphonse. You found a way to stick it to your dad even after he died while somehow just being super healthy about it. Great example of how you can get revenge on someone by being happy and yeah. You ARE a better noble than him. At the end of the day, you got away with doing whatever the fuck you want, breaking how many generations of noble expectations and guidelines, and you and your wife are STILL the power couple of society. Because, even with the dramatic love confession, who the fuck is going to try to cross you anyways? :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

EDIT: It was Arianna.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    kimberlyt, SusuPisang, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  13. IceQueenRinne1234

IceQueenRinne1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who has enough guts. show us yer dang pathetic faces :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Themas likes this.
  14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These trnamigrated MCs are lucky no one actually cared about the OG soul

Honestly I still think the MC got the worse part of the deal. Its a time setting which wasnt safe for women and anyone actaully and the life expectancy was like in its 40s.

Like if she was in modern korea she could quit her job but in isekai land she can't just quit being a duchess.

15. MirrorsShadow

MirrorsShadow Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^Good thing about this novel/webtoon is that the OG soul doesn't just die like in a lot of other novels like this. I wouldn't like it as much if they did that because of how much time was spent focusing on how bad the original had it. OG probably would've died if they stayed there.

Creolenerd and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  16. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this question hasn't been answered yet (I think). Does ML's ex lover make an appearance? iirc, the maid that harassed MC had dressed her up like his ex to humiliate her in public. Which I find strange in itself, I thought that ML was so cold and indifferent in the beginning that he wouldn't have a high profile relationship

17. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait to read the eng trans of the latest raw chap, the blue haired b*tch got what she deserves. :blobnom:

Shrimpy and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  18. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I would like to know what happens at the end of the novel and how everything Is concluded. I would also like to know what the side story is about.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    wendeexx and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  19. Shrimpy

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to know what happens to the prince.

20. Shrimpy

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have been reading the Duchess 50 tea recipes the manwha, not the novel and I have been trying to find the raws to the novel but could not find any. So I came here to ask If anyone knows what happens at the end of the novel?
    Does the MC have children?
    What happens to the crown prince?
    What is the side story about?

Seiren88 and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.