Spoiler The Eccentric Duchess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Synopsis:
    It's your typical otome reincarnation story! But the capture targets are gay and our protagonist isn't the brightest… Oh to be reincarnated as Rhiannon Leavitt, otome game heroine living in the lap of luxury with hot guys at her beck and call…if only this weren’t the BL bootleg starring her naive twin brother, Claus! Rhian, a lonely deadbeat in her past life, must use her gamer knowledge and intuition (or lack thereof) to avoid the game's grisly endings and protect the only family she's ever had.

Link:
    Official english link:
    https://tapas.io/series/the-eccentric-duchess/info

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    kawaii12345 likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know her full past and I get it’s sad and she’d probably been through a lot but there’s a thin line between eccentric and trashy and MC crosses it too often

Hori857 likes this.
  4. Hernd234232

Hernd234232 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the cover of season 2

[​IMG]

If you like to see almost the recent chapters for free without paying in tapas, go to this link here

Also, I have a theory on Rhiannon’s previous incarnation, Tamela Waters and prediction for this series
    Tamela Waters has a twin brother, but he is gay, they do have an argument and stuff and she is criticizing him for being better than her which is the reason why he left, why their father failed to raise them properly and why this is Tamela’s biggest regret and the reason she persuade her current incarnation Rhiannon not to mess things up with her twin brother like hers.

I think the main conflict of the series is that it’s not about Rhiannon trying to get a reverse harem but to have a better sibling relationship with her twin brother and make both lives better,
    And I believe that Tamela must have died either by a car crash or possibly through carbon monoxide poisoning at night in her car while playing masquerade night.
    And the ending will come in two scenarios
    After helping to make her twin brothers life better by marrying his male crush and have her self marry Conrad, Tamela and the OG Rhiannon at the theater limbo congratulate s Rhiannon for resolving both their regrets and receives a better life, but then Rhiannon ask the two what will happen to them , both Tamela and the OG Rhiannon are going through the “exit” (as in going to the afterlife) now that their work is done as shown when the exit door opens , Rhiannon ask them if she would like to come with them, but the girls tell her that she is not ready yet , she still has things to do in her new life which Rhiannon understood, and the last pages ends with Rhiannon hanging out with her romantic interest along with her twin brother and his husband and all her friends sometimes in both heartwarming and hilarious way.

The conflicts in the series will be resolved and like ending 1 Rhiannon has made her twin brother's life better by marrying his male crush including her own as she marries her romantic interest likely Conrad , then we see her hang around with her friends in both heartwarming and humorous ways then have a where are they now moment and then shows Rhiannon live a good life along with her brother until finally, she died peacefully in her old age.
    And then back in the theater at the theater limbo with Rhiannon’s “movie” ends with a “the end’ sign , Tamela and the OG Rhiannon congratulates the old Rhiannon for accomplishing her goals and finally resolve both their regrets but she asks them what happens next, the answer comes when the “exit” door open and the three girls hold hands and walk towards it waiting to see what awaits them and as they enter through the white “exit” door we then see Tamela waking up in her car and saw a little opening in her car window as it turns out she didn’t died with carbon monoxide poisoning after all , she just fall asleep peacefully and let a window open releasing all the carbon monoxide she wonders if her experience in the world of maskquerade night is real or not but she ignores it as she continues on her destination which turns out to be her twin brothers house somewhere in the city and then we see Tamela ringing the doorbell and then the door opens revealing to be Tamela’s twin brother who is surprised to see his twin sister visiting him as the final page ends with Tamela greet her twin brother

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    potatofriez and Lucila like this.
  5. killinitKim

killinitKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i love this manga at first i found the art displeasing but even so i still continued the fell in love with the story line
    this book is very intresting because it gives the story a twist its not even though i already lived this life or im not from this world i cant get things easy i dont have the upperhand its another fresh take on the iskei regression genre

6. Hernd234232

Hernd234232 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone, we need to talk, I know that season 2 ends on a cliffhanger but as you have seen from the tumblr posts by the author menii herself which is this one
    https://menii.tumblr.com/

The artist not only takes a one or two month break but she (like us) is not sure if tapas will greenlit season 3 of The eccentric Duchess especially how long will she work on season 3 and even if it's not renewed for season 3 then she will move on to other things, her tapas contract might be expired and things are starting to change in tapas as of now recently, especially that we seen the process on how menii drew the second season which takes many months from January 1st to October 31st 2022 (since the promo was submitted in June 12th 2019 and the 1st season was submitted on September 6th to December 13th 2021) which is so long.

And the reception feels mixed because some people liked it and some people don't like it because the protagonist said too many swear words.

So to those who read the eccentric Duchess from season 1 and 2 in tapas, do you think it will be renewed for season 3 ?