Spoiler The Emperor’s Companion(Manhwa)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Clars, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Er xiao jie

Er xiao jie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we could say that ML has one track of mind about love. Since ml was a child, his mom told her that mc would be his bride and ml should only love mc. And so ml had been waiting for mc to be awake. Ml himself said that he himself didn't know what is love? He stated that his feelings for mc is far greater to be describe with the word 'love', if he had to choose a word, he would call it 'longing feelings'. He longed for mc since the day they got engaged when they're still a child. The engagement oath was even legalized by the current pope at that time. But one thing for sure, he looks at mc as a real person, not as the pope like anyone else did. He cared and always protected her from any danger. This could be a plothole but maybe there will be more explaination later? So far nothing explained about ml's obsession to mc other than what I mentioned above.

This is some sort of backstory:
    the parents of MC were both civilan of ML's empire. MC's dad was a duke or kinda sort of someone who possesed political influence in the empire. While mc's mother was daughter of a fallen duke household but loved by all people in that household because she's kind&pretty. On MC and ML's parents generation, there were battles for the throne between ML's second uncle and third uncle (hereafter mention as 2nd prince& 3rd prince). Mc's father didn't want to use his influence to help either prince for the throne. He just want to live happily with mc's mom. And 3rd prince had his eyes on mc's mom( grrr :blobspearpeek: how dare of him!), he wanted to snatch mc's mom from dad. That's why mom arranged a political marriage for the baby mc to caleb (caleb's mom was befriend with mc's mom) so she could have some sort of protection from the royal family to opposed the 3rd prince's pursuit. Caleb was an unfavored prince at that time (ml's dad was the emperor and ml's mom wasn't the empress but she had some influenced i think?). Because mc and ml got engaged, 2nd prince afraid that mc's dad will help caleb to the throne. This was the fault of mc's parents, they thought by having mc engaged to ml who was the unfavored prince, could be seen as mc's dad didn't want to be entangled in 2nd and 3rd prince's conspiracies. Because why would mc's dad want to do all the hardwork for an unfavored prince when there's other more favored ones (this is what mc's parents thoughts). But sadly, 2nd prince didn't buy it. Then mc's parents sank deeper on theirs conspiracies (dad got death threats and poisoned countless times) and all those crimes mastermind was suspected to be 2nd prince while in reality, it was 3rd prince doings. 2nd prince got beheaded for the crimes of poisoning mc's dad. After 2nd prince died, dad went to clery kingdom and met with prince clery delocke (later his kingdom got destroyed and he became second cardinal in mc's kingdom) to ask for help and both of them went to holy kingdom. But sadly mc's dad died because of sickness+got poisoned. Mc's mom was pregnant with ludan and after ludan born, mom passed away from grieve because of dad's death. Baby ludan didn't have healthy body because mom also got poisoned when she was pregnant. Mc's parents died and so mc and ludan was taken care by clery delocke to the holy kingdom. Clery took care of ludan since then. Poor ludan got tricked by his kind facade. When ludan was ten?(iirc) the cardinals urged ludan to ask for prophecy to God to ask would the mc ever wake up. This incident was initiated by clery guy. Little ludan was forced to be locked alone in a room without any food and he's almost died backthen. Finally on the eighth day, the God bestowed his prophecy that said mc will eventually wake up with a soul (remember that mc's body is just a vessel without any soul ever live in it). There's a kind of punishment from asking a prophecy when you're not a pope. And because of that, ludan's growth stopped since then and so that's why he still looks like a child even tho he's 17 now. He also have a short lifespan because he's born with weak body from the remnant poison when her mom got poisoned and added with divine punishment by god for asking prophecy :blob_teary::blob_teary:

This clery guy is a bad guy. But he is just a lackey to the real main villain.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. charybdis

charybdis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the chancellor and the Emperor’s sister? I’m mad curious.

3. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the glasses guy who is the prime minister? Well... it's a one sided love lol. The princess has no idea at all that he likes her xD
    The princess doesn't like him (not hate though) especially because sometimes he nags at her improper attitude (she always broke many things inside the palace and those broken things need to be replaced and so the money got spent just to buy new things/repaired the destroyed walls at the palace)

4. augacutan

augacutan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, who's the real main villain?? Btw, thanks for all thr spoilers.❤

Leilacus and lazynoodles like this.
  5. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome! ;)

I've read until ch 40ish and the evil mastermind is still unknown but it's highly possible that the real villain is the 3rd prince (ML's 3rd uncle) because from the drawings he has red eyes, like ML and the princess have. But it could be other ML's prince uncle (we still don't know how many prince are there in caleb's empire). When clery guy met him, clery said that he(clery) is different from him (real villain) who ran away from caleb. Real villain wants to kill caleb and he gave the clery guy a bottle of uncompleted poison. He said that it's still has some missing components. And clery guy said he would find a chance to poison MC to make her sleep forever.

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @Er xiao jie God told MC to protect her sibling because her sibling is special. Can you tell me more about that?

7. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    So far there's no further explaination about that. But imo it must be related to MC's wish when she died in first life when she plead to God for her to live a life devoted to her sister because MC regretted that she didn't treat her sister well when she was alive in first life.

Also it's confirmed that the real villain is the 3rd prince/uncle of ML.

augacutan, kiara8 and Poor_Hero like this.
  8. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's so sad...QwQ any spoilers on how they gonna defeat the main villain

9. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read until ch60 now but MC and ML still don't know that the real villain is the 3rd uncle. Right now the story is about investigating the kidnapping of children who have holy power. MC's maid (sarah) has her child got kidnapped while she was away with MC in another town (her child is a twin and they live inside the church). Basically the reason behind many kidnappings of children with holy power is to sacrifice them as the missing ingredients to make the poison for killing MC.

MiserableSOUL and Aquaa like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    But the little brother said that when the ML ascended the throne, he killed off all his families (around 200 ppl), and the only one left to live is the princess. How did he missed out on 3rd uncle? Did he use a substitute?

11. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML and the prime minister suspected the 3rd uncle has a twin brother. The concubine mother of the 3rd prince had her labour in her family's house, not in the palace so it's possible that the 3rd prince used his twin to be his double body and died in his place while he managed to escape from ML to plan his revenge on ML

12. pam98

pam98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not completely sure.. but, the evil one close to the MC is the second cardinal? I don't undestood that part. Also, have they talked about something to help the MC's brother health?
    It would be really sad, if he died :c

13. Er xiao jie

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn't been proven for real yet. MC and ML decided to keep an eye on him because he hasn't made any mistake that could lead to him getting exposed.

The 3rd prince planned to assasinate MC by controlling some human puppets using demon powers. When the puppets were arrested and interrogated by ML and Ludan, the 3rd prince controlled one of the puppet and said that if Ludan killed MC then he could cure his ailments. But Ludan and ML didn't trust him. Both of them decided not to tell MC about it but ML has always kept an eye on Ludan ever since, afraid Ludan might be lured by the temptation of being healthy again.

14. pam98

pam98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY GOD! I hope they find a way to help him before something like that happens, bc that would hurt more! The MC truly cares and loves her brother, and I really like him (more if we keep in mind that he was her sister in the past life). Thank you so much for the information <3

15. Beingnolifehere

Beingnolifehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had anyone read chapter 74 and so on, I'm on chapter 73 and I'm really curious what happen next.
    in chapter 73 i read in kakao indonesia that rudan is on crisis state and cabel tried to save him using his power that can only use 3 times by exhange of his life, i mean cabel is the best ml he really cared and support hilde

Shey_04 likes this.
  16. Bonzai

Bonzai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a little late to the game, but now its translated to ch 51, and the raws have it until ch 91. I believe season 1 ended last July, so there is something to look forward to in October I guess.

17. Beingnolifehere

Reading List:
    Link
    I have buyed all the chapter till end but I'm too lazy to read it, but if anyone wants spoiler maybe i will read it and tell it

DOHere likes this.
  18. Krystal0020

Krystal0020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoil

Beingnolifehere and DOHere like this.
  19. Beingnolifehere

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay i start from chp 83 because i read the previous chapter like 3/4 month ago and to lazy to read it and kinda forgot it so i start from chapter 83 but. . .
    -in chapter 62 there is scene where hilde and caleb kiss so passionately and when they want to go deeper their siblings interrupted them .

-in chapter 70ish rudan go sick and almost die but caleb save him by using his power for exchanging his life.

-there chapter about caleb, so caleb is reincarnated to. He is the child that hilde save from the previous life. Caleb from the previous life is very thankful to hilde and wish that he could say thank you to her and when he grow up he is succeed and when he died he met the great god. The great god give him a offer same as hilde, so he choose to live in the same dimension as hilde but he came first to that dimension.

-the demons Are cannibal and growing much stronger.

-when hilde was coughing blood because of exhaustion from healing caleb, her blood turn to gems.

-because the end is near she was thinking about the oracle where the first one she needs to be with caleb and the scond she needs to fix the border/seal.

-she wondered why the end is near eventho she already done her task then she realized that she needs to make a new seal and not fixing it because the seal is going to broke again

(I think she thought that the god told her to fixing but she kinda forgot i guess).

- and rudan acting kinda sus because he wrote a letter to someone and he writing it anxiously then a hand appeared a grab the note (the hand looks like someone from the holy knights).

I do not know until what chapter in english has translate this manhwa. Also idk why i type caleb to cabel, lol XD
    • Chapter 83

They are discussing about rudan could be the traitor but there not sure and they know if hilde know this she would be devastated and shalome tells that there is zeb/his underlings under the hilde room in a room that is sealed with holy power that's why shalome can't get in. Then caleb tells hilde that zeb underlings gonna put hilde into deep sleep forever also andrea plans to swap the drugs and catch zeb underlings. After this hilde came back to the cathedral.

• Chapter 84

Hilde tells to everyone that she will make a new seal after that she is eating together with rudan and shalome, shalome tells her that she can't trust anyone and only eats the food she gave to her (because rudan is sus) then after that hilde and caleb in the bed just hugging (just fluffy moment) also they are discussing about that tomorrow will be the day the demons gone and the day hilde will be the queen.

• Chapter 85

So hilde is starting to make the new seal using her power but she is struggling and losing her strength until she coughed some blood then rudan and everyone else help her but it wasn't enough so they call the cardinal who is in prison (delocke) because he has a strong power but then he collapsed because of a strong poison and he tells that he 20 years ago he got an oracle that a disaster will come and can be slowed down by controling the evils in humans and that is his task. They are thinking that one of the holy knights is the traitor and the gem that stored the holy power for the seal has been broken.

• Chapter 86

So the seal isn't broken only the container (the gem) for the holy power is broken, the holy seal broke because of someone in a hood trying ruin it. When hilde trying to tell from who is the source he found the hooded man then the hooded man shoots a needle with poison but it didn't hit hilde instead it hit caleb because caleb went to protect hilde. Caleb collapsed, the hooded man run away but amancio is after him. Caleb was put in hilde room then rudan came and give a potion and say that this is will restore her power. Hilde drink it and collapsed and trying to stay awake but she can't move then zeb came from under hilde room. Rudan tells to zeb that he finished his job and demanded that he give the potion that came make his body grow normal. But zeb refuse and tells that rudan need to kill caleb first. Rudan argue about why didn't he kill him instead, the they argue a little and zeb shout just kill him.

• Chapter 87

Rudan like saying that zeb is a p**** but rudan still stab caleb after that zeb laughing like a maniac and say that he kills caleb eventho rudan killed him . Zeb give the potion to rudan then rudan tells that he is sick of being not able to grow up and gonna die soon. Then the bottle just fall/rudan use his power. When zeb wants to escape using magic he can't because shalome is on the door blocking it with magic. Then zeb say that eventho your not on my side caleb is dead. Then caleb say "who's dead ?" And wake up, zeb is confused. Rudan tells that he use his magic to trick zeb, zeb saying like how you do that eventho you are just a cardinal and rudan explained that he can use magic even without the ring. Caleb walk towards zeb and slash his hand (zeb is being a p****). It tells that rudan already tell to caleb that he is pretend to accept zeb offer then it shows how's the plan by caleb pretends to be unconscious and shalome block the door. Zeb is angry and escaped so caleb and rudan is after him. Meanwhile amancio and the knights are wounded/killed by the hooded dude but he opean it and reveals that he is the cardinal avendel (red haired dude).

*chp 88 is weird like some scene were cut but i will continue*

• Chapter 88

So avendel tells to caleb & rudan that he is don't care about the world because his wife and his child died (because they have the same sickness bruh) he already tell to the god that he will do anything if his family live. Then the demons power ? Give avendel power and he became a black demon smoke thingy with blue aura around him !?!?. Cabel grab his sword and unleash the power inside the sword (apparently his sword was made by dragon or somewhat) and he become a black thingy. Cabel could die if he use the power so he tells rudan that he need to use his holy power and the other help heal him after they saw what happen. Then rudan unleash his secret power that no one know of and the power is similar to the great god power. The great god then tells that hilde needs to seal the evil that gem, she then remember that the gems can be made using her blood when the blood touched the snow (she went to a snowy mountain place to search the gems) so she ordered shalome to grab some snow from that place. Then the great god says to rudan "Alsace rudan, it's time for your death. Come humans, worship to the new pope. Because after alsace rudan death charl rudan as the new pope will born" then rudan hair turn to gold like hilde hair. Then cabel confused and ask "if alsace rudan became the new pope, so hilde ?!". The great god say "Hildegard is my family to stop the disaster and to make a new era and to be fated to die"

• Chapter 89

The great god tells that the disaster could erase the human race so he made rudan as substitute for saving the human race. So he tells that hilde body should be the new pope but because the the rules of the world is ruin and he can't interfere anymore, so a body that suppose to not exist came and the fate is messed up. Hilde body has to much holy power that it can be recognized as the new pope but it came as an empty shell. After that hilde needs to make the seal to fix the fate that has been messed up, cabel grab hilde hand and say "don't go" . But hilde said that she can't and saying that she is sorry. She say that she needs to protect not only his brother but all of the people, then she wish that when they are reincarnated she will love him for the first and last time. She said "I will love and I consider you everything in my life". After that shalome came back with the snow and hilde start to seal the evil power, she then collapsed and slowly became the gem. Cabel that couldn't accept this sacrifice his life because he still can revive the dead once more but cause his life (he already gave the 3 chance to shalome, hilde, and rudan) so shalome cry. Cabel said to hilde "I'm sorry hilde this is greediness but i really hope you can live with your brother. My one and only companion" hilde said (can't speak) "DON'T !". Caleb "see you again". hilde "please don't be like that ! Please . . . " as her tears tearing down then she came back alive and caleb died. Rudan wakes up and feels weird and confused why her sister is not the pope, when suddenly realized that his body has grown big. Then the great god tells him that he did a great job and have been proven that he can fight the evil temptation but rudan didn't feel happy and feeling the guilt over him.

• Chapter 90

It's been 16 days since caleb died (there is tradions why he hasn't been buried or something like that). Then the scene is about hilde crying (btw her hair turns white because she is not the pope) and tells how much she can't live without him and telling that she is sure she will meet again because she and caleb had special souls. Andrea who overheard it, screamed and ask to hilde that does she have special soul like caleb ? She answered "y-yes ?". Then andrea ask again "so you the one who declined the offer to be a dragon (the most powerful thing in there) like caleb ?" Hilde answered "so what. . . ?" Andrea screamed because he was anyoned of them. He then tells hilde that when he reincarnated he was given offer to be a dragon and tells that the 2 people have decline the offer he also said that he should repay the two of them. So basically thanks to hilde and caleb he can become a dragon and he want to meet them but couldn't imagine that it was infront of him. So hilde ask why a dragon become a human and the prime minister, he tells that he wants to enjoy life and being the prime minister then he met caleb who have special soul and he ask to caleb why he decline, he answered that he just want hilde. Because andrea needs to pay back to them he gave his bones and that bones turn to be a sword (the one at the top) then he asked hilde because he haven't repaid her. And oc she ask to save caleb but andrea said he can't and bla bla bla and said that she can because she still have the pope power. She is scared, not because she will disappear but she scared that she couldn't meet caleb again. Andrea have a solution that she should wish that even she use that power the penalty won't exist but the priced is high. The price is his immortality but he gladly offer those because he really wants to pay them. Then caleb alive, hilde hug him and happy ending.

That's it.

Sorry for the bad grammar .

I found this in the comments lmao.

It said "rudan died, hilde revive him, hilde died, caleb revive him, caleb died, he came back to life again, happy ending"

I think they are rushing the ending and sadly there isn't an epilogue or special :')

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  20. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoilers! Also the artist has spoiled us and provided us with 2 side stories!
    The litter brother has grown up and grows so tall lmao (time skip??? But ML and MC don'tseem to age...or either the brother had a growth sprout lol ) And ML and MC have a baby!! :bloblove:

Shey_04 and DOHere like this.