Spoiler The Empress Of Ashes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Nebula25

Nebula25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I read that spoiler too about the son that looked like the ML in the previous life. He was the scheming bitch 2nd Empress's son. If I remember correctly, that's what made it even more painful cause here is the FL and her son poisoned by said scheming bitch causing FL's son to become disabled (where was the ML in all this?! So much for protecting her!). The said bitch gives birth to your husband's son who looks exactly like said husband. My heart hurts just THINKING about it. Like that other woman's son is just living proof of not only your husband's betrayal but also all your pain and your son's pain. There was no mention of the scheming bitch being punished. Instead she got sleep with the ML and give birth to his son, who probably was the Crown Prince. Like just imagine - no wonder she couldn't look at him.

I agree - I honestly cannot understand how she can forgive him. Like ML saying "I was trying to protect you" is just not enough for that much pain. No amount of groveling is enough - it's just not. He should have let her go the previous life and he should let her go this life. I that the FL essentially martyr themselves.

Did you run across any spoilers about if he was actually sleeping with all those concubines? The spoiler I read (and posted above) seem to suggest he wasnt cause he found sleeping with other women disgusting. But I was thinking about it after, and I was wondering if it was more "I haven't slept with FL since the conception of our daughter but I was sleeping with other women" and that this was lost in MLT translation.

A better story would have been the ML and FL's daughter taking revenge after her mom and bro died. I would eat that up.

But yeah, I am also super curious despite this definitely being too much sadness and angst for me.

EDIT:

Just skimming througg some comments (again MLTed) - seems a lot of people don't like the FL cause she's being too sympathetic/prayed for Valerie (the scheming bitch)? Like they were saying like fine don't take revenge but you don't have to be a saint. Seems like FL pushes all the blame to the ML and can't forgive him but forgives Valerie and is generous to her? Honestly as some comments said, I can't blame her for finding ML at fault cause HE'S the one who is married to the FL; HE'S the one who decided to marry a second wife; and HE'S the one who betrayed her. Valerie is a cruel scheming bitch but she's a woman of her time prob scheming to survive. So yeah, it is ML's fault - not only did he ruined FL's life but all the other womens. But also agree that FL doesn't need to be martyr and become besties with Valerie. Also it seems as if Valerie also recovered her memories in this life too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Most probably he was cause someone in the comment section said so. I honestly don't care if he was taking aphrodisiac to sleep with them nor I'm interested in the part 'that Emperor had to do that cause they got no choice'!
    This bish hid his identity, tricked her, married another women, had children and still had the audacity to trick her into marriage again after reverting to the time when they were living in the countryside. How dare he trapped her and is complaining that she don't listen to him.

This pair is toxic and FL needs to go.

Yeah, in the original she, disgusted by her father, quickly married off to another country.

Yeah correct that what was I quoting in my previous spoilers. Valerie seems to know about the past timeline and 'regrets her action heavily'.

Wow, if only regret can take away the pain. Not only that she got herself a loyal lover too. (P.S : What Valerie did was for power not for survival, she already came from a powerful family)

Also, if FL and her son wouldn't have died this idiot of a ML would've never taken revenge. Also his revenge was so wrong cause he killed his children who were innocent. I don't want to mention this part but one comment highlighted. Those children whom he killed in front of their mothers were innocent (except the scheming one) and were his flesh and blood whether he wanted them or not.

babayagu, lylac, Samsamsam11 and 9 others like this.
  3. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh:blob_catflip: I mean what’s wrong with these regression female leads,I want a strong FL where she slapped the ML in the face with divorce papers and go around playing with another guy in front of a suffering ML.And when he comes to her begging she should go like, “ nah man im not coming back, I don’t care whether u turn back time or not ,u go and marry ur concubine and have fun ,leave me and ma boy alone:blobamused:

Or else I want her to live alone like I’m not gonna live under the shelter of a trash,u better make up ur mind and move on ,and then travel around the world with the alimony.
    If I ever were to isekai to this novel as FL ,I would do this. :blobthinkingsmirk:
    These male leads go all tyrant mode after they loose their loved ones ,I mean why can’t you just cut off the necks damn nobles or poison them secretly if they are threats .:blob_thor:

4. Nebula25

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to figure out the concubine thing so I know how much more I need to hate him. The "he had too" and "he used an aphrodisiac" is fucking poor excuse. Turns my stomach.

Definitely in full agreement with you that this guy is horrendous. He definitely did trap her. Like she wouldn't have needed "saving" if he hadnt married her under false pretenses and was never a given a choice about ANYTHING. Poor girl thought she was marrying a loving FAITHFUL husband and got stuck with this scum. I HATE HATE that in all of these regression books where the scum ML turns back time, the ML always things he deserves to be with her. Isnt one life time of torture enough??? Like you didn't turn back time for HER; you turned back time for YOU.

Valerie did cross all sorts of lines and her actions are unforgivable. Is this faithful lover in the current timeline? How completely unfair.

Also seems from comments that the 3rd Empress Gladys genuinely liked the ML and presumably suffered from his neglect as well.

I saw the spoiler about the kids too. They were always pawns for him - never his children. Utterly reprehensible. Like fuck, he betrayed and sacrificed the FL to get these kids.....and then of course he kills them when she dies. How many did he have? Was it just the 2 with the FL, 1 son each with the other 2 Empresses?

I'm curious how the ML and FL actually ended up with the daughter.

Totally right that he wouldn't have taken revenge if they hadnt died. I get the feeling from the comments that he actually doesn't think he did anything wrong - he regrets that the path he chose didn't keep her alive. She's right when she says that it wasn't love but obsession. He would do anything in the name of "protecting" her - even betray her and their marriage.

FULLY agree with you on this! Like pull a Navier - that's how it should be done. Like I always think, "Girl, wasn't one lifetime of torture enough for you?" How is PTSD not a thing with these women?

Samsamsam11, Scapezz, Corunee and 6 others like this.
  5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Soooo after a lifetime of torture and suffering, the FL loves ML again? O.K. What? How? Why????? :derpyblob: I don’t understand, after everything he did to her how can she bear to even look at him much less love him again. Like even his own daughter was so disgusted/hated him that she went off and got married to another country. She literally left home, the place she was born and raised in bc it was that painful for her like she couldn’t bear staying there. Idk any details about the daughter’s marriage but I’m guessing it’s a political marriage (maybe, is it?). At this point even a loveless political marriage is better than staying in that hellhole with the ML.

So the 2nd Empress Valerie gets a happy ending? W.T.F. :) wow this reminds me of a book I read on wattpad where the FL suffered and died in the end due to cancer and the b*tch of a mistress of her husband gets another man who loves her. I wanted her to get a taste of her own medicine but nope she lives happily ever after with a loving husband and kids. SO FUKING UNFAIR!:blob_catflip:
    I don’t buy Valerie regretting what happened in the past. If the ML didn’t go crazy and kill everyone off, but instead live out the rest his life without the FL, then she would have continued to live in luxury as an Empress and probably would be gloating that in the end they’re alive and the FL who ML loves is dead and gone:blobunamused:

6. Shoo

Shoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The other empresses have their own plans, I read comments saying that Valerie's point of view is disgusting.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Samsamsam11 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. The readers said that it was Valerie who seems to be the protagonist of the story. She lived in luxury in the previous life in the main palace and in this timeline she's happy as well.

babayagu and Samsamsam11 like this.
  8. Shoo

Shoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't tell me that Ml married everyone again, knowing what they did to Fl.

babayagu and Samsamsam11 like this.
  9. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    So how does ML go about ‘protecting’ FL in this timeline again? What does he do differently? Or does he do some stupid shit again? If he does things the right way then that’s good but it also angers me bc that’s what he should have done in the first timeline! Like it takes FL suffering and dying to get his shit together?!:facepalm: If they do end up together then I hope he suffers before he gets his happy ending with FL. I hope it won’t be easy for him. Someone said he cries a lot? Good but I hope it’s more than that bc that’s the bare minimum. I know FL accepts him in the end but I know she hates him after she regains her memory so I hope she doesn’t waver easily. Ugh finding more about Valerie really pisses me off. Except for the getting killed by the crazy ML, it seems she really did live like a protagonist and the FL was just the side character. I don’t care if she regrets or whatever, I don’t think she deserves her happy ending at all, fuk that b*tch:blobunamused:

Nebula25, Rin.rinaaa and Shoo like this.
  10. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, the ML is an asshole. How can someone has many wives and children when you love her. How funny

Samsamsam11, Elisee and Shoo like this.
  11. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god, about to finish the main story and it's terrible. Alec is so toxic. He sucked the life out of Lara/Rose.

Samsamsam11 likes this.
  12. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please tell me this waste of a human being isn't gonna get a happy ending... I find the ML the worst and least deserving of redemption in this whole story more than anyone else. If he gets forgiven after everything, then I guess all the antagonists might as well be given a second chance as well. It's unfair that trashy MLs always get away for being terrible scums and even painted in a sympatheitic light, while everyone else gets their due punishment or worse for doing the same or less.

sovokop and imreallyanarwhal like this.
  13. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Turns out their are multiple regressions which Lara and Alec had faced. It was Klaus, their unborn child who was the reason for it.

I wrote the full answer but it got deleted, I'll just copy paste the MTL of the regressions.
    If you don't understand anything please quote me.

Lara was walking down the street holding Klaus' hand. Darkness was everywhere. It was a walking road and there was no outline of the surrounding objects.
    It was all darkness and all it could see was Klaus and himself surrounded by light. Lara stared at the little hand that grabbed my hand.
    "Baby."
    Kissing my cheek, Klaus immediately led her along. Lara felt the darkness surrounding her without knowing where the child was leading her. It was a very warm and comfortable sensation. It has always felt that way since death, but now it's even more special.
    I couldn't see anything, but I felt like I was walking in a field of flowers in full bloom under the sun. Therefore, Lara thought it would be okay to walk on this road with Klaus forever. But at that moment a gentle call came from somewhere.
    I love you, Lara.
    Lara turned around. It was a familiar low note. Lara stared at the scene unfolding next to her. It was unfamiliar to see only the dark. It was the first time I saw them. Even Alec who called her was unfamiliar. It didn't even seem to call her standing by Klaus' hand now.
    "What's this?"
    Lara grabbed a dandelion-like child's hand and glanced at what appeared in front of me. The cloudy scenes, like her reflection on a flowing river, depicted the lives she had never lived.
    Lara looked at the scene without being more surprised. There was a young Lara. Perhaps it was when he was a slave to Heidelbourne. Two years after his father's death, the Dallas investigation and escape ended in failure. Lara was captured by the Oppresse brothers and one of their right legs was wrong.
    The cruelly broken ankle at the hands of the brothers was not permanently healed and the Dallas investigation was expelled from Heidelberg. It was two years after it happened. Lara happened to meet Ailek, who dropped by Heidelbourne. Alec was drawn to her with a strange feeling and the Marquis of Opreze presented Lara to him for a good look.
    Alec carried Lara as his own servant. And Alec felt a sexual feeling for Lara. Lara was afraid of the feeling but soon fell in love with him. A handsome and friendly man to the point of ecstasy...Love came upon her like fire.
    'I want you to have my baby.’
    Seen above the crown prince, he hugged Lara and whispered. Lara was not surprised. Eilek whispered to Lara at every opportunity. On repeated brainwashing spells, Lara soon became pregnant. But the child was not born.
    It was a day ahead of the throne a week after the death of the department. Lara miscarried. Lara and Alec were saddened, but they were young and young. Lara tried to get rid of their grief and have children again. Eilek, who became emperor, sealed Lara in a concubine. The Empress was Valerie, Marquis of Opreze. There were two more besides her, but Alec looked only at Lara.
    Good times ensued again. The two had a baby soon. Eilek confirmed Lara's pregnancy and declared that she would put her son over the crown prince. It was natural for the three empress to be upset. Over time, Lara gave birth to a child. It was Klaus. But it didn't live long. Someone killed Klaus.
    'Argh!'
    It was around the time Klaus was three years old. The child who was eating lunch had difficulty breathing and died before Congressman arrived. Lara cried and hugged Klaus.
    Someone poisoned him! I poisoned my child!’
    Lara clung to Alec screaming. Alec looked down at the dead child and the world collapsed. He immediately set up an investigation team to find out the truth. Klaus died of allergies, not poison.
    Lara didn't care what killed her child. It was just in my head that the child died and that this death had intentions. She lived in extreme tension around that time.
    Valerie and other empress shivered every moment at the thought of killing her child. I didn't want to love Eilek anymore. He didn't even feel great.
    I was afraid of Ailek who came every night. I deliberately avoided him when I thought his love would kill her.
    It's Lara.
    Don't come to me. Please, Your Majesty...I'm scared. I'm so scared.’
    Lara, who lost Klaus, suffered from anxiety every day. I couldn't sleep and didn't eat. Alec couldn't stand Lara avoiding him. He tried to get Lara pregnant again. Even though Lara didn't want the pregnancy.
    'You can have the baby again.’
    Lara didn't want to have children again. I didn't even want to be favored by Eilek. Because the child can't protect her. She couldn't protect the child either.
    What does a concubine girl do when she has a child? I'm nervous about when I'm gonna get killed.
    'What's the point of having it. I'll lose it again. I'd rather you abandoned me.’
    Lara cried and whispered to Alec. She now wanted to be an abandoned concubine. Please hope Eilek's love waned. But Geary Alec got her pregnant and turned the child of the Blessed into a successor. The child was born with blonde hair that resembled her. The wall-colored eyes are beautiful and sad...Lara gave birth to a son and burst into tears.
    'Lauras...'
    Lara, of course, loved the child. 'This life.' Yeah. It was right to say this life. When Lara, who held Klaus' hand, saw Loras, who was born, she knew what she was looking at were the creatures she couldn't remember.
    'Lauras will be emperor. I'm sure I'll make you do that. Please don't abandon me, Lara.'
    Eilek whispered to Lara, who was crying with a newborn baby. He was like a beast, kissing on the back of his neck and showing his obsession.
    Don't throw it away. It was not right for Eilek, the emperor, to say what Lara had to say. But it wasn't a strange thing. He often said such a thing.
    'Don't abandon me.’
    Lara had no right to reject him, so she was held by him even after the birth of Loras. So time went by again. Alec constantly kept out the threat to the child.
    That's how Loras became twenty without a go. Lara, who watches the flowing life, was amazed by Loras, whose intelligence was not broken. For her, Loras was always seven or eight who didn't grow up.
    "Mother."
    A son who resembles himself was dashing and obedient. Loras enjoyed horseback riding and was good at hunting. He was associated with nobles of his age by touching hunting guns, not bouquets, and aristocratic ladies admired him.
    'Lauras...'
    Appointed above the crown prince, Loras received a lot of support in the Privy Council for his brilliance and coolness that resembled his father. Such happy days seemed to follow. If only Loras hadn't died...I thought I'd be fine forever.
    "Lauras! How can this be?’
    It was an accident on a hunting ground. Rolled off a cliff by a horse-induced seizure, Loras became half-dead. It was Valerie's fault. She was as hopeless as she was when she lost Klaus.
    Loras couldn't get up again. Though consciousness returned, he was unable to eat and dress himself for life.
    Of course, he could not succeed the throne. Loras considered such a terrible situation of his situation. He couldn't even cover his toilet on his own, so he went crazy with the help of his servants. More difficult days continued than when the cloud was lost.
    Please kill me. Mother.'
    One morning Loras said. Shortly after the accident, Loras constantly craved death. Lara pretended not to hear it, changing diapers and feeding her son as if he were a child.
    If she was ashamed of being helped by servants and hurt her pride, she could do it. She was Loras' mother and did this hundreds of times 20 years ago.
    Don't say that. My mother can't live without you.’
    You know, there's an Aristide.’
    The same goes for her. Do you think he can live well without you?’
    I beg you, please....’
    Loras cried. His son, who lost his gun with his health after the accident, shed tears when he saw Lara. I was going crazy.
    Eilek looked everywhere for a congressman to heal Loras, but he didn't hear that anyone who had become half-deaf had gotten up. Lara still had a ray of hope. I'm not going to be attacked by anyone anymore..
    I just wanted to live with Loras as it is. He wanted to escape the threat of Valerie and the empress and live with Loras. But her son was different.
    'I can't stand myself.’
    'I'll bear with you. I won't lose you. Baby, please...Think of your mother.’
    Loras was the prop for her life. Klaus was born after his death and rescued her from the darkness. I couldn't lose such a son. I'd rather die together than lose Loras.
    I'm sorry, Mother.
    In the end, it was this. Destruction was the only thing left of her life. The days that I've lived with a tenacity are overshadowed..
    'I hope you will take this life away because your mother gave it to you as a gift.’
    Lara sobbed in front of her son, who was eagerly asking. It was so cruel. I couldn't bear the cruelty of this world. How can you bother a person like this? I hated everyone in the world.
    Even Valerie who takes it from her. Alec, who loves her even though she's not supposed to love her, breaks her down. I'm sick of it.
    'Why the hell...'
    I wish I had been a slave. I wish I could have been a slave wife and had another slave child and lived a life like that..
    Goodbye, my baby. You'll feel comfortable now.’
    Lara poisoned his favorite soup as Loras asked. Then he hugged Loras and fed him a mouthful of soup, just like when he fed him baby food. Loras took just three bites and closed his eyes. Lara was poisoned as well by the dead Loras. That's how my life ended.
    Alec killed himself two more years after Lara died and lived half a year. The throne went to Aristide.

Lara was surprised. The beginning of life that rose above the black darkness was the same as in the past. Again, he was a young slave in Heidelbourne.
    Lara didn't want to see Ailek this time, but Lara met Ailek again. This time it was because I got older. Lara became Gillian's concubine and Alec witnessed Lara living in Heidelbourne.
    He was attracted to Lara as if he had been appointed. He had already married Valerie and had a son. The same was true of Lara. It was the time that Lara gave birth to Gillian's daughter. And the second child is pregnant.
    Gillian was suspecting that she had a child of her brother, Edwith, around this time. Edwid, who constantly craved Lara, took advantage of Gillian's absence and seduced her. If he didn't take off his clothes by conciliating him with words, he was forced to pick up the dress and tried to take her by forcefully. Lara couldn't resist and gave herself to him repeatedly.
    So she didn't know exactly whose child she was pregnant with. In those days, Alec visited her parents with Valerie. As always, Gillian made fun of Lara in front of Alec.
    The marquis' concubine is very beautiful.’
    "It's outstanding for a girl who's fallen into slavery.’
    Gillian bragged about Lara without being able to read Alec's desires. Lara knew Ailek looked at her with black eyes. The desire was very familiar and hopeless for her.
    She instinctively avoided Alek. During his stay in the castle, he was determined not to come out of the bedroom, but Eilek called her out and put her in front of him. A girl who's fallen into slavery..’
    It was a good recitation. Lara wanted to run away. The man in front of him was no different from Gillian. No. He was more overwhelming and fearful than Gillian. In that life, Lara did not love Ailek.
    I couldn't love you. Alec married Gillian's sister Valerie and had children besides Valerie. The same was true of Lara. She was a pregnant woman with a young daughter.
    When will the baby be born?’
    asked Ailek. Lara lowered her gaze.
    I'm born in spring.’
    Alec looked at her head and whispered.
    'I've never slept with a pregnant woman, but it's a good time to have a relationship, right?’
    It was a threatening question. Lara was chilling. Alec pulled her lip and laughed as she was afraid. I felt like I was teasing her. The way Lara pulled her lips and smiled was fascinating, but Lara was just suffocating.
    'I'm...
    I'm just kidding.
    Alec, who, like Edwith, was about to attack her, just turned around. Lara sighed. I thought it was over, but it wasn't. Alec took her away from Gillian.
    Then he left her in the palace, neither concubine nor anything. I felt like a playboy. Lara slept with Ailek even with Gillian's child. Alec sent Lara's son back to Gillian.
    It was when Lara gave birth to a son that Ailek sealed her concubine. He was very pleased. It wasn't even the first time for a child. Valerie couldn't have just looked at him.
    Destruction was approaching again.
    "You're the one who....’
    Valerie ordered Lara to rape to charge her with adultery. Lara was helplessly put to work, but she was pleased inside. If adultery occurs, the concubine is either dead or abandoned. Lara wanted to be abandoned by Ailek. Death wasn't bad either.
    But even though he knew the truth, Alec didn't turn Lara down. She was rather more obsessed and distressed. Valerie tried to kill Lara when neither one could work. Lara drank even though she knew Valerie was giving me a poisoned cup.
    'Who are you? Who are you?'
    But he survived. He survived and faced Ailek. Lara found him gross. Every day I faced Alec, but I didn't feel any better about him.
    Ailek, who obsessively wants the word "love," felt worse than Gillian. Still, Gillian didn't want something spiritual.
    "Is it Empress 1st empress?"
    No, I ate it myself.’
    "Lies, I dare to cut my tongue in front of the Emperor.".’
    I'm telling you, Your Majesty. I didn't want to live.’
    "Why?"
    Why are you so nice to me? It was a question of why he wanted to die? When Lara saw him like that, she thought she wouldn't like him even if she died and was born again.
    Alec didn't know her. I didn't understand her. A woman who didn't accept her love seemed to just feel unfair.
    Your Majesty is struggling. I don't love you, Your Majesty.’
    'Because of Gillian? He's not in your mind yet..’
    '...It's not like that.’
    For Lara who did not love her, Alec believed Lara did not love Gillian because she loved him. Lara shook her head. Alec didn't believe it.
    So he blew the opreze completely. He smashed Valerie's mother by blaming her for not committing a crime. Valerie also didn't let it go. He took out Valerie's sins and killed her, too.
    The same was true of Valerie's two children. It was so bloody and windy for a while. He framed Valerie as well as the concubines and their children who threatened Lara. And then he asked me for love with a face that didn't feel a little guilty.
    Now, I've killed them all. Nothing bothers you when you love me.’
    Lara didn't feel like he was a person. When I overlapped my body, I felt like I was sleeping with a crazy monster.
    Now you have to love me.’
    Where did it go wrong? Lara attempted suicide while looking at a man who demanded love. This time, it was a real suicide. But it failed and had a child. Lara gave birth to a child and died that year. The reason was that the bleeding did not stop during childbirth.
    Alec is crazy. Madly dragged into the hands of the Privy Council, he committed suicide. It was half a year after Lara died. Immediately after his death, Empostium went into civil war. And at the end of it, the legislation collapsed and the republic took place.
    So again, my life is over. Lara stared again at the shaky darkness.
    "Isn't it the end?"
    It was amazing. I couldn't figure out how many regressions I'd made.

Lara looked forward again with blank eyes. This time, Lara ran away from Heidelbourne with her mother and was living somewhere in Evelyn. He tried to escape after half a year, perhaps because his father died and his mother managed to get a hold of herself.
    Lara met Ailek like a fixed fate. Sixteen. This time I was a little older than my first life. Alec was the head of Catenta.
    As Grand Duke of Evelyn, he was the head of an organization that destroyed the Republican secret association, and Lara was working with Lawrence in a secret association. It was inevitable.
    Lara, who had a father who was decapitated for not avoiding death in that life, lived in Evelyn and joined a republican organization. The organization infiltrated Lara into Ailek's great collection to dig up confidentiality. Her job was to work as a maid in the Grand dungeon and dig up the secrets of Katenta.
    'Name….'
    It's Delane Carnier. Your Highness.'
    Lara stared at the prince asking his name. Everything he wore was cinematic and rich. As much as Marquis of Opresse. Lara bit her lips at the sight of the prince wearing something better than the marquis.
    An overwhelming wealth that I have not dared to face since childhood. A noble position.Everything bothered Lara. For such Lara, Alec was too friendly.
    It occurred to me that she might have identified herself. And the idea was right. Alec had identified Lara. Nevertheless...
    'You know what?'
    Your Highness.
    You're not good at acting.’
    Alec slipped his lips. Lara, who tried to put sleeping pills in his car under orders from her superiors, was caught in a heartbeat and confined in front of him. Alec was smiling as if she were cute.
    Lara tried to bite her tongue before she was killed like her father. The idea was that the millhouse would not last long if tortured because it was poor.
    'Who said you'd be allowed to die?’
    It was time to bite my tongue without delay. Alec put his finger in Lara's mouth, not even a handkerchief. I felt a fishy taste of blood on the tip of my tongue. Lara looked up at him with tears in her eyes.
    Alec pulled out his finger and snapped a towel into Lara's mouth. My heart thumped. It was a strange attraction.
    Have you ever touched a gun?’
    'No.'
    It was a day after which time passed. Eilek locked Lara in the Grand Residence after announcing her death externally. Lara didn't know what he was thinking. I spent time with him without knowing what he was thinking or what he meant. You can't act, so you have to fill it with your body.’
    What are you talking about?’
    It means you can't use a beauty stamp. The acting is really bad.’
    ‘…….’
    "Are you mad? What's wrong with your face?"
    "I'm pretty. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but boys around my age told me I'm pretty." I'll tell you....’
    Who told you you were ugly?’
    Your Highness told me earlier that....’
    I said the acting was terrible. I didn't say I was ugly.’
    Alec laughed. He approached and held the gun in Lara's hand. Lara was a little scared because of the weight of the metal. Ailek hugged Lara's back and slowly overlapped hands.
    Look at the target.’
    'I...'
    'Think you're shooting me.'
    Alec put his lips around his ears. My heart dropped with a thud. Alec smiled softly and overlapped my fingers on her fingers. The trigger was pulled and there was a banging sound. The sharp, loud noise shook my knees.
    Can you do it?’
    'What? What...
    I mean, killing me.’
    'I'm not like that..’
    'You have to kill me one day.’
    Eilek recited lowly to Lara, who had collapsed due to her weak knees. Lara looked up at him in fear. Alec sat on her knees in front of her and stroked her cheek affectionately. My heart beat fast and my cheeks turned red. He took off his lips once again.
    "That way, the world you want to come."
    Eilek whispered. Lara stared at him, who had love but did not speak of the future. In that life, Alec was infinitely sweet. Unlike his previous life, which was selfish and coercive, he gave up anything for Lara. So she put her life in her hands.
    "If you criticize yourself during a civil trial, the president will accept you. The Führer wants everyone to live together in a world without no nobility or slaves, so I'm sure he wants you to be with him.’
    Lara buried her cheek in Alec's naked breast and whispered. I didn't know when love started. Lara fell in love with Alec, who was more affectionate and warm than any man she had ever met.
    Even though I know I shouldn't. The nobles, who killed their father and exploited her, knew that Alec was no different.. I fell in love without hesitation.
    Like destiny. As if the scheduled work were going on. Love was a force majeure. Lara kissed her naked chest and looked at the man who smiled briefly. He didn't say anything.
    Your Highness.
    He buried his face in a white, soft chest and stroked the black hair of a man inhaling the smell of his body. Alec treated her like a princess.
    Having a beautiful satin dress and having dinner every day, he looked so infatuated with Lara. Lara felt like his fiancee. But still he didn't say the future.
    Why aren't you answering?’
    Lara was pregnant with a child. After a night of overlap, Alec hugged Lara without hesitation. So it was natural to get pregnant.
    Don't you love me?’
    I love you.
    asked Lara. As if nothing Lara had been saying had been heard, he slowly moved his lips to his lower abdomen and whispered.
    Then she kissed her stomach as if she knew she had a child. The place where his lips touched. Below it was Alec's child growing up.
    I love you, Lara.
    Eilek whispered for the first time. Lara hugged his head.
    I can do anything for you.’
    Episode 147 Everything that falls is ugly tarnished.
    He laughed. Lara didn't believe it. But Alec was really a man who could do anything for her. Betraying the imperial family. Giving up your life.
    'No way...'
    Except for the first time I met him, I never siphoned off confidentiality. Lawrence and his organization, however, knew in detail when regular troops moved to the border and how many weapons were in the arms hangar. It was obvious who had informed it.
    So when the rebellion broke out, Lara knew everything would go well. It's stupid that... I thought I could live as an ordinary woman in a world where everyone was free and everyone was equal.
    The president, who met only once, said that anyone who changed his mind was his family and a citizen of the upcoming republic. But...
    Lawrence, let me meet the Führer! This is ridiculous! Your Highness has never done such a thing!'
    The Republicans took over Travis and 15 days. Lara was angry at the Republican court, which framed Alec. an emperor who committed suicide The Republican government blamed Eilek for not committing a crime, as if to resolve his grudge on behalf of his half-brother Louvero. You commit adultery with your sister-in-law, you fool her....
    The court said that the prince was not enough to protect the eldest son of the Marquis of Opreze, who committed corruption in the military, and sexually assaulted the maids while living with him without restraint.
    He was the one who brutally slaughtered protesters at Sorenma Square in Dranberg, and he was the one who brutally tortured children.
    It wasn't true. Some of the charges by the Republican court's prosecutor were done by Gillian, the eldest son of the Marquis of Opreze, and the rest were ordered by the emperor who committed suicide.
    You're lying! You weren't even in Dranberg at that time.’
    Stop it, Lara.
    How am I supposed to stop? He's trying to frame an innocent man to death..’
    'They're all the same anyway.’
    "What?"
    Whether it's the Opreze or the Prince. The aristocrats are all the same. Don't you see? The prince is the same man who killed your father. No, more than them. Because you're a royal. He's the head of the aristocracy.'
    Lawrence was aloof. There was even contempt in the eyes of Lara. Lara stared at Lawrence's blue eyes as if she were looking at a foolish, foolish girl. Alec was locked up in prison. If he can't save him, he will surely head to the guillotine. Lara was desperate.
    Your Highness is different. It's someone else.’
    Are you doing this because of the child?’
    Lawrence asked. Lara glared at the man who noticed my pregnancy. Lawrence's hands grabbed Lara.
    I can be the father of your child.’
    What are you talking about?’
    I like you, Lara.
    Lawrence clung to her with eager eyes. Lara felt like her blood was cooling. I knew Lawrence wanted him. I was used to the cheeks and the bridge of the nose, which always turned red when I turned to her. But for Lara, Lawrence was a close friend and nothing.
    I can protect you. I'll protect your child, too.’
    I don't need it.
    'Prince... 'Prince Evelyn dies.’
    Lawrence caught Lara trying to turn around. Tears fell from Lara's eyes. My jaw trembled. Lawrence nailed her heart in a slow tone.
    A child in the womb. You know what's going to happen if you find out whose blood the kid is.’
    Lara turned around and glared at Lawrence. To save the child, she had to be Lawrence's wife. It was a time when he was known to have an affair with Alec.
    Measures had to be taken to prevent doubt from turning into conviction. Lawrence is the president's beloved successor and secretary, so he has the power and position to protect Lara. But Lara didn't want to be Lawrence's woman. Lara shot him fiercely and finally turned her back on him.
    Lawrence won't let me meet the president anyway. Then there was no need to linger in front of him anymore. Since then, Lara has been running around trying to save Alec, but it has been meaningless. And the voting day when the execution is finally decided.
    I can't believe it.Again, we have to vote again!’
    Alec's execution was voted on. The Republican government blamed all the dirty charges on him, so of course, the execution force was expected to be large. But Eilek....
    There was only one vote difference between the conspiracy and systematic maneuvering. Lara was going crazy. She didn't give up hope even before Alec's execution. Since the execution was decided by just one vote, I thought I could vote again. But it was all a vain idea.
    Don't you see, Miss Lara?
    Mr. President.
    'This revolution is completed only when the Great Prince dies.’
    'But you certainly said you could be a member of the Republican government if you turned your mind. I'll persuade him. I'll persuade you to....’
    You're an innocent lady. Well, that's why the company is blind. Take him out. Hamizul.'
    The president, who barely met, was cynical at Lara. The bottom of my feet collapsed. Lawrence came out of the official residence with white Lara.
    'Last time.'
    Lawrence said in front of Lara. Lara knew what that meant. It's the last thing you'll see. Lara was enraptured and walked toward the place of Alec as Lawrence led her.
    Alec was trapped in the oldest and most lonely palace of the splendid palace. It was a palace that was called a palace among the courtiers and was no longer managed. Looking at life for the third time, Lara felt her heart crushed.
    Say hello.’
    Lawrence took Lara to the entrance of the palace. Lara went inside looking at the Republican army guarding the palace.
    Your Highness.
    Long time no see. How are you?’
    Alec smiled. He lost weight and had a sharper outline, but he looked the same as when he broke up. Lara stared at him in a comfortable shirt. It didn't look like a man who was in a state of exile. It didn't even look like he was going to be executed tomorrow. Lara collapsed.
    'Run away, Your Highness. Let's run away. Even now, please....’
    It was better to be caught or killed side by side while running away than to wait for death helplessly. Alec knelt down in front of me and hugged Lara crying.
    It's okay. It's soon.’
    'What do you mean....’
    There is no revolution without sacrifice, Lara.
    I don't need it. I don't need it anymore. I don't want to live in a world without you.’
    'I've left you something, so you have to live.’
    Alec stroked Lara's lower abdomen. Lara looked at the man walking to death. He was like a sinking twilight over a low ridge. It burned red and beautifully. Lara hugged his neck.
    Aren't you afraid? How history records your charges. Even when times change, people become people who commit adultery with their sisters-in-law and make fun of their nephew.’
    Lara cried. Alec didn't answer. Lara shouted at such a man.
    You slaughter the people who are justly protesting, you're colored with luxury and entertainment, you're a man who's been decapitated by the Republican government.’
    She was unable to bear. People didn't know what Ailek was like. I didn't know how much he loved the country and cared for the people. However, such a person becomes a terrible person who commits adultery with his brother-in-law due to intemperate luxury and pleasure.
    Lara couldn't wait and see. The history of Ailek recording that way, the people...I never wanted this world to come.
    Everything that goes down is ugly tarnished.’
    All of a sudden, Alec. It was a lonely and lonely voice.
    I don't want to. Your Highness…'
    It is the same when the dynasty changes. The same was true of the Emperor Roincaster when he founded the Empire. So there's nothing to blame.’
    Alec had a friendly face. A face without a speck of fear was not like a human. The same will be true in front of guillotine.
    The world is coming for you. It's Lara.'
    He smiled softly. Lara wanted to say she didn't need it, but her lips wouldn't move. Alec whispered softly, kissing her lips like that.
    'When I die...At least I can build a brick to build the world.’
    So you don't regret it? Lara looked at him helplessly. Alec climbed to the guillotine the next morning. With his hands tied, he pulled his lips in front of the crowd asking him to cut his throat right away. The crowd spat and threw stones, calling them shameless and shameless people.
    Lara stared at an excited little child walking around among people holding a basket full of stones.
    A child who was only ten years old now recommended Lara a stone. Lara stared down at the child. The bell rang at 8 o'clock sharp. Alec's throat was cut off. The executor picked up Alec's head, which rolled down to the floor, and was seen in front of people.
    'This is the head of the Imperial One who was deceiving and exploiting us!'
    The executor shouted. Lara stared blankly at Alec's head. The crowd roared and rejoiced. She wondered what the world was like.
    The world the Führer and Lawrence talked about. Is the world full of freedom and philanthropy and all equality a world where she is breathing now?
    Hang your neck on the spear! Feed the body to the pig!'
    Someone screamed. The crowd began to say the same thing. Lara looked at Alec's head, which was stuck in the spear.
    I didn't even cry anymore. He lost his mind when he looked at a man who was still and calm even after his throat was cut off. It was two days later that she opened her eyes.
    It's Lara.
    What about you, Your Highness?
    Lawrence was around. He pointed at Lara's forehead with a worried face. Lara shook his hand in disgust. Then he got up and asked.
    "Where's Your Grace?"
    'You saw, he was....’
    Head.
    Lawrence shut his mouth. Lara looked at him without a look.
    Give it back.
    Lawrence clenched his fist. Lara said she would jump in front of you if she didn't return her head. Lawrence reluctantly went to the President. Lara got her head back three days later.
    Meanwhile, Alec's head was stoned and dirty with dirt. Lara stroked Alec's face, which was hit by a stone that was so big that her inner bones were completely crushed.
    She wiped Alec's face with a towel because she had no energy to vent her dry tears. Then she wrapped Alec's head with the best cloth she had.
    Where are you going?
    I was on my way out of Lawrence's residence. Lawrence stood in her way. Lara felt it was not worth answering. She spoke clearly to Lawrence, who was turning her back.
    Don't touch my body. 'Because it's disgusting.'
    Lawrence stepped down like a sinner at that one cold word. Lara hugged Alec's head even harder. She was headed for Evelyn's great book.
    Where Lara first met Ailek. Where he made love with him. Lara slowly went inside. The Great Hall was no less than the castle of any aristocrat. Everything worthwhile was stolen. If the edge of the frame was gold, it was clear that it was cut and put it in the pocket.
    ‘…….’
    Lara looked around the unholy Grand Park and went down to the basement. The basement was full of wooden bins with oil. Lara began to pour oil on the entire Grand Reservoir while agonizing over it. It was better to burn them all than to see them ruin and ruin them like this.
    Therefore, Lara poured oil with time and care. Then he lit the fire. The flames quickly engulfed the Great Hall. Lara hugged Alec's head, which had been put aside for a while. Then slowly walked into the fire. That was the last time.
    Fourth one was the one in which Alec married Valarie and Gladys, the one before the current timeline.
    The current is the fifth regression (timeline) in which they both remembered their previous (fourth) life unlike the others where they didn't remembered anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2022
  14. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for the spoilers:aww::blob_pompom: if you can, can you put an mtl of the ending? Or maybe when the FL falls in love with ML again and why. I really wanna read that part bc I just can’t believe that FL falls for ML again after everything that happened so I wanna know how the author tries to reason this out or whatever. After reading about the past timelines, I really can’t support having a happy ending even just for the sake of it. I don’t think they should be together. They shouldn’t be together.

THIS. It’s totally unfair that all the other antagonists who did worst, equal, or less damage than the ML to get their retribution but not him.

Initially, I thought they only had one previous life, but now there’s actually four and ML was sh*t in all of them and the author makes them end up together?????:confusedcatblob: B.u.l.l.s.h.i.t:)
    After reading about the previous timelines, no amount of groveling/regret will make up for the shit that he put FL went through. A selfish bastard through and through. Even in the 3rd timeline when he was being selfless he was still selfish bc he still hurt FL again through his actions even if he thought it would be for the best. And that’s the thing, he thought. He didn’t think about or consider what FL wanted, he decided on his own what would be the best. I really hate when the MLs do this sh*t, deciding what’s for the best which causes all the angst they go through. BS. The FLs can decide for themselves what the fuk they want. Selfish ba*tards.

Idc how much he ‘suffered’ in the current timeline but he doesn’t deserve his happily ever after at all. Anything else is better than the FL ending up with the ML.

Is the novel complete? Chapter 159 is the end? You said main story so are there gonna be side stories?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Yume-sama, Selin, maenochka and 4 others like this.
  15. Nebula25

Reading List:
    Link
    My God......I dont even know what to say. So ML was useless not only in one lifetime but FOUR?

She should run ..... as fast as possible.

There really should be no redemption.

Yume-sama, Selin, Omomomo123 and 9 others like this.
  16. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first timeline she was a slave given to Alec and he made her his concubine. He did married other women but he only looked at her and had children with her.

In the second timeline, Lara was Gillian's concubine but Alec (who was already married with a son) had her. He spared her child and sent them to their father's house. While when Valarie tried to get Lara assaulted and put her in trial, Alec destroyed her and her family along with the child.

In the third, she was a spy but they fell in love, though she was a slave and Alec was a powerless prince. He was executed and unlike the other timelines, it was Rose/Afroza/Lara here who committed suicide.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2022
  17. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, their will be an epilogue as stated by the author and most probably side stories as well.

Not at all. Even when they regressed, he remembered everything much earlier than Afrosa/Lara but he fooled her. He even shackled her to bed in the palace so that she couldn't run away and doubted her for having an affair.
    He did not deserved Lara at all.

This is the last chapter of the main story. Kindly copy - paste and then translate it. I'm too lazy to TL.
    159화 잿더미 속에서 일어난 황후
    라라가 마음에 들지 않는다는 듯 표정을 지었다. 에일렉은 그녀를 오도카니 보더니 신혼집으로 그녀를 이끌었다. 라라는 말없이 그의 손을 잡고 걸었다. 그들은 익숙한 길을 지나 앞뜰에 이르렀다.
    “주고 싶은 게 있었어.”
    앞뜰에 도착한 에일렉이 뒤를 돌았다. 궤짝이 덩그러니 놓여 있었다. 라라는 그가 가리킨 궤짝을 보았다. 에일렉은 엷게 미소 지었다. 라라는 조심스럽게 그것을 열어보았다.
    “이건….”
    “꿈을 꿨어.”
    “…….”
    “그런데 그 꿈을 꾸고 나니 말이야. 이걸 만들고 싶더라.”
    라라는 꿈이란 말에 그를 바라보았다. 궤짝 안에 든 것은 아기의 침대였다. 지난 생에 그가 만들어 준 것과 똑같은…. 발레리의 손에 부서지고 불에 태워졌던…. 에일렉이 라라와 그녀의 아기에게 보여 준 사랑. 아기가. 클라우스가 세상을 떠남으로써 클라우스의 유품이 되어 버린 물건….
    “전해 주고 싶었어. 이번에는 꼭…. 클라우스가 이 침대에 누워 너를 찾아 울고 너를 찾아 웃는 모습을 보고 싶었어.”
    눈가에 빠르게 열기가 모여들었다. 라라는 북받쳐 오르는 감정을 감당하지 못해 울음을 터트렸다. 이런 때에 이런 말을 들으면 울지 않고 배길 수가 있나. 라라는 자신을 조용히 당겨 안는 남자의 품에서 엉엉 울었다.
    “우리는 꼭 네 번 어긋났지.”
    몸이 굳었다. 호흡마저 얼어붙는 것 같았다. 그녀는 얼마 전 꿈속에서 보았던 장면을 떠올렸다. 그녀가 본 것이 자신의 아버지와 대화하는 클라우스였을까? 그녀는 주먹을 가볍게 말아 쥐었다.
    “당신…. 클라우스를 보았어? 우리 아기를 만났어?”
    라라가 급하게 물었다. 에일렉은 조용히 라라의 등을 쓰다듬었다. 라라는 미칠 것 같았다. 머리부터 발끝까지 휘감는 이 복잡한 감정을 무엇이라고 말해야 할지 알 수 없었다.
    에일렉 또한 보았다. 그와 그녀가 어떻게 시작하고 어떻게 끝을 맺었는지…. 얼마나 뒤틀리고 훼손되었는지. 또 그 속에서 그녀와 그의 아이들이 얼마나 아팠는지….
    “우리는 몇 번을 어긋나도 다시 사랑할 운명이야.”
    라라의 볼에서 둥근 눈물이 떨어져 내렸다. 에일렉은 아내의 봉긋한 입술에 키스했다. 라라는 눈을 감았다. 감미로운 숨결이 그녀를 달구었다. 라라는 에일렉의 목에 팔을 감았다. 몇 번이고 어긋나도 좋다는 생각이 들었다. 그것이 그들의 아이가 바라는 것이라면…. 클라우스가 원한 것이 부모의 행복이라면….
    ‘엄마와 아빠가 행복한 모습을 보고 싶어요.’
    문득 듣지 못했던 클라우스의 속삭임이 머릿속을 맴돌았다. 눈가에 열기가 고였다. 클라우스가 회귀를 일으킨 이유…. 몇 번이나 어긋나고 망가진 그들을 다시 시작하게 했던 이유….
    “우리 아이가 바란 게 이것이었던 것 같아.”
    입술을 뗀 라라가 젖은 목소리로 속삭였다. 에일렉은 끄덕이지 않고 그녀에게 다시 입을 맞추었다. 바람이 불었다. 라라는 그제야 돌아갈 준비가 되었다는 것을 느꼈다.
    나흘 뒤. 로랑은 다시 떠들썩해졌다. 한 달 남짓 마을에서 머물던 황후가 환궁을 한다는 말에 이 작은 마을의 모든 주민들이 광장에 나와 배웅을 했다.
    라라는 로랑의 들녘에서 피는 들꽃을 엮어 화환을 만든 아이들을 바라보았다. 두 뺨을 발갛게 물들인 꼬마 아이들 중 하나가 대표로 나와 수줍은 얼굴로 소리쳤다.
    “다음에 또 오세요!”
    “고마워.”
    화환을 받아든 라라는 소녀에게 인사한 뒤 차례로 주민들과 인사했다. 제냐와 타슨 일가를 비롯해 마을에 머무는 동안 배려를 해 준 주민들은 푸근한 웃음을 지으며 그녀를 배웅했다.
    “아빠.”
    마차에 오르기 전이었다. 라라는 달라스 수사를 바라보았다. 드란베르크로 떠나기 위해 수사와 인사를 하던 때가 떠올랐다. 그때와는 상황이 다르지만 그래도 라라는 아빠와 헤어지는 일이 항상 힘들었다. 영영 보지 못하는 것도 아니고 언제든 볼 수 있는데도 그랬다.
    “황제 폐하께서…. 아니. 황후께서 부르시면 언제든 달려갈 겁니다.”
    “그러지 마세요. 저는 언제나 아빠의 딸이에요. 사람들은 저를 황후 폐하라고 불러도 아빠만큼은….”
    라라가 눈물을 글썽거렸다. 달라스는 그런 딸의 눈가를 닦아주며 미소 지었다. 라라는 못내 아빠가 자신을 두고 황후라 부르는 게 서운했다. 그러나 달라스는 완고했다.
    “존함을 부르는 것은 이제 조심해야 하는 일이지요. 남들이 보는 앞에서도 황후 폐하의 존함을 부르는 실수를 하게 될까 두려워 연습하는 것이니 이해해 주십시오.”
    달라스는 부드러운 얼굴로 딸을 다독였다. 라라는 그런 양부를 보며 고개를 끄덕였다.
    “언제든 황궁으로 오실 거죠?”
    “아무렴. 예배당 일만 바쁘지 않는다면 언제든 달려가지요.”
    라라는 한숨을 쉬었다. 달라스는 로랑에 남아 계속해서 예배당을 돌보기로 했다. 라라도 그게 옳다고 느꼈다. 황궁에서 달라스는 달리 할 일도 없을뿐더러 궁에서 하는 생활은 맞지 않는다고 했다. 살아가며 가장 좋아하는 일이 사람들을 돕고 가르치는 일이니 로랑에 남는 게 좋았다.
    그래도 라라는 아쉬웠다. 이젠 나이도 적지 않은 양부인데 홀로 예배당을 돌본다는 게….
    “아휴. 황후 마마. 수사님은 제가 잘 살필게요! 예배당 일도 많이 돕고요.”
    떠나야 할 시간이 다가오는데도 쉽게 떠나지 못하는 라라를 향해 노라 부인이 나섰다. 수사가 그녀의 말에 크게 고개를 끄덕이며 말했다.
    “노라 부인의 말이 맞습니다. 좋은 이웃들이 예배당을 함께 가꿀 테니 염려하지 마십시오.”
    수사가 웃었다. 라라는 그를 보며 느리게 고개를 끄덕였다. 그리고는 마지막으로 그를 깊이 안았다. 달라스 수사가 라라의 등을 부드럽게 토닥이며 아주 작게 속삭였다.
    “언제나 기도하고 축복하마. 나의 딸…. 라라.”
    수사가 그녀를 안은 팔을 풀었다. 라라는 그를 아득하게 보다 천천히 다가와 그녀에게 손을 내미는 에일렉을 돌아보았다. 라라는 더 부친을 돌아보지 않고 남편의 손을 잡았다.
    로랑으로 올 때보다 더욱 화려하고 위엄 있는 마차에 몸을 실었다. 마리아가 클라우스를 전해 주는 것을 마지막으로 마차의 문이 닫혔다.
    “울었어?”
    에일렉이 물었다. 라라는 입술을 당기며 고개를 저었다. 마차가 마침내 움직이기 시작했다. 라라는 자신의 허리를 안는 남편의 어깨에 머리를 기댔다. 클라우스의 회색 눈이 모친을 바라보았다.
    “슬퍼하지 마. 다시 또 내려가면 돼.”
    “슬픈 거 아니야. 행복해서 눈물이 살짝 나는 거야.”
    “휴가가 너무 짧아서 길게 있지 못한 게 아쉬워. 너에게 미안하고….”
    “괜찮아. 그보다 당신은 집이 편했어?”
    “불편할 게 뭐 있겠어. 내가 만든 집인데.”
    에일렉이 대답했다. 라라는 사랑스럽게 그를 쳐다보다 그의 볼에 입을 맞췄다. 떨어져 있는 동안 식사를 거른 건지 그녀가 기억하는 모습보다 해쓱했다. 그렇다고 잘생김이 줄어든 건 아니지만…. 라라는 음영이 뚜렷하게 진 볼을 부드럽게 문지르다 말했다.
    “우리 남편. 부인이 친정으로 가 버리느라 밥도 제대로 못 먹은 모양이네. 얼굴이 아주 반쪽이 됐어.”
    “그러게. 여보. 굴라쉬라도 잔뜩 해 주고 가지 그랬어? 그럼 삼시 세끼 굴라쉬만 먹으면서 당신 귀가를 기다렸을 텐데.”
    에일렉이 말했다. 라라는 키득거리며 웃었다. 이런 농담을 주고받으려니 로랑에 있는 기분이 들었다.
    ‘그래. 이렇게 살면 되지. 이렇게 즐겁고 다복하게 살면 돼.’
    라라는 에일렉의 품에서 에일렉이 들려주는 황궁의 근황을 들으며 웃음을 터트렸다.
    하루도 조용할 날이 없는 아델라와 브리넌 백작의 이야기부터 사사건건 부딪치는 브렛과 아델라의 이야기. 드란베르크에 갔다가 첫사랑을 만난 다이앤 때문에 로자베스 백작이 안절부절못했다는 이야기까지. 전부 즐거운 이야기들이었다. 그렇게 트라비스까지 가는 동안 이야기는 끊임없이 피어올랐다.
    황궁에 도착한 것은 하루가 꼬박 지난 다음 날이었다. 저녁 무렵 호텔에서 밤을 보낸 그들은 새벽에 일어나 다시 움직이기 시작했다.
    도착한 황궁에는 떠나던 날처럼 한 무리의 인사들이 나와 그녀를 기다리고 있었다. 아델라와 다이앤. 브렛과 로렌스…. 배웅할 때는 보이지 않던 로렌스까지 보이자 라라는 눈을 휘둥그레 떴다.
    “황후 폐하!”
    마차에서 내리자마자 익숙한 목소리가 들렸다. 라라는 소리가 난 방향을 향해 고개를 돌렸다. 당연하게도 아델라였다. 아델라는 떠나던 때와 별반 다르지 않은 얼굴이었다. 코끝은 발갛고 눈가 또한 사과처럼 익은 모습이었다.
    “아델라.”
    “황후 폐하….”
    달려오던 아델라가 그녀의 앞에서 멈추어 섰다. 예전처럼 마주치자마자 품에 안길 거라 생각했던 것과 달리 아델라는 정중하게 궁정식 인사를 올렸다. 한쪽 무릎을 굽히고 주름이 많은 드레스를 우아하게 들어 올려 인사했다.
    “오랜만이에요. 아델라.”
    아델라가 고개를 들었다. 아델라는 눈물을 글썽거리며 두 팔을 벌렸다. 라라는 그녀와 가볍게 포옹한 뒤 그녀를 기다렸던 사람들을 바라보았다. 높이 펼쳐진 계단과 고개를 꺾어도 전체를 담기 힘든 황궁은 웅장하고 압도적이었다. 끝없이 펼쳐진 계단. 계단 아래 열병식을 하는 것처럼 반듯하게 줄지어 선 근위병들.
    “금방 돌아오실 줄 알았어요.”
    다이앤의 나긋한 목소리가 들렸다. 라라는 그녀를 향해 빙긋 웃었다. 문득 로렌스와 시선을 마주쳤다. 그는 라라를 향해 까닥하고 인사한 뒤 브렛의 뒤로 걸음을 물렸다. 에일렉이 라라에게 손을 내밀었다.
    라라는 그의 손에 자신의 손을 포갰다. 근위병들을 지나 계단의 앞에서 그녀는 한 번 더 황궁을 올려다보았다. 잿더미가 될 때까지 불에 타오르던 황궁이었다.
    라라는 언제나 이 거대하고 숨이 막힐 만큼 외로운 성에서 도리 없이 괴롭고 아팠다. 그러나 모든 생에서 그녀는 언제나 이 궁으로 돌아왔다. 마치 황궁이 그녀를 부르는 것 같았다. 이곳에서 삶을 살라고. 이곳이야말로 너의 집이며 운명이 끝날 곳이라고….
    ‘좌초될지언정 운명을 따르라는 뜻일까.’
    알 수 없었다. 여전히 알지 못해 망설여졌다. 그래도….
    ‘더는 달아나고 싶지 않아.’
    라라는 입술을 깨물었다. 주먹을 가볍게 쥐었다.
    “라라야.”
    계단 앞에서 쉽게 걸음을 떼지 못하는 그녀를 향해 에일렉이 염려스러운 눈으로 보았다. 그녀는 꺾었던 고개를 바로 하고 에일렉을 향해 빙긋 웃었다.
    “두려워?”
    “아니.”
    라라는 고개를 저었다. 그리고는 클라우스를 찾아 품에 안았다. 함께 올라가고 싶었다. 에일렉과 클라우스. 그리고 라라. 이 셋이서 함께 계단을 한 걸음씩 걷고 싶었다. 한 걸음 계단으로 발을 내디딘 라라가 에일렉을 향해 말았다.
    “나는 괜찮아. 더는 잿더미가 아니니까.”
    그래. 라라는 더 이상 잿더미 속의 황후가 아니었다.
    < 끝 >

18. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuk, not to mention he's also a hypocrite since he has had sex with other women besides her. what the heck is wrong with the author.

Samsamsam11, Scapezz, Elisee and 4 others like this.
  19. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I did like the idea of a fresh plot instead of those cliché plots or harlequin novels but what I did not like was the author made of Afrosa/Lara too much pitiful. I mean she didn't even let her escape and she eventually fell into Alec's arms again. I don't like the ending.
    Alec should've get his medicine. What Lara said was true, even if Alec needed a successor he could've hugged any other woman but he chose the woman who killed and poisoned their children. I'm sick of the pairing.

20. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    FL could be on the other side of the world, in the middle of nowhere and they would ‘coincidentally’ meet…:bloborz: